Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guardian Eximus help

(XBOX)HollowCube987

Question

I'm not here to complain about the Guardian Eximus units, because they are only in one faction (two if you count the Corrupted), they're pretty uncommon compared to the other eximus types, and I like everything about the Eximus rework so far

I'm just looking for some advice on how to properly dispatch them, as they have been giving me trouble as of late, especially if the Guardian Eximus is an Osprey

5 answers to this question

The only reliable way to kill them seems to be smacking them with crit weapons until they finally die. Overguard, as far as I know, is neutral to all elements, so your usual Corpus tactic of stacking Magnetic + Toxin doesn't help. As a result I've just stopped worrying about elemental types entirely, stacking radiation + viral on literally everything and just hoping the Eximi die before I do

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Overguard, as far as I know, is neutral to all elements...

Overguard has 50% vulnerability to void damage.

So TC, you can more quickly dispatch overguard if you are using yhour operator or subsumed xata's whisper.

Edit: You can also use Null Audit to cut the overguard by half, on eximus units.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

So TC, you can more quickly dispatch overguard if you are using yhour operator

This is assuming Amps can reach 75% or more of your other weapons' damage output, which they can't

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

or subsumed xata's whisper.

Yeah this is basically the only strat that works in practice

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

I'm just looking for some advice on how to properly dispatch them

Two words....

BRUTE FORCE !

With the Nerf to CC and Radiation there really isn't much else you can do....

Yesterday's Sortie had these enemies at only Level 50 and they were basically Unkillable without Serious Buffs....

In my Case I was using Protea and my Kuva Bramma wasn't doing the Job.... So I switch to my Epitaph and Primed the Enemies with Viral then Deploying a Blaze Artillery and that was able to kill them....

Also Getting those Headshots is pretty Good Too 👍

If I was Using Ivara I would have simply Navigated my Glaive to the Guardian Eximuses Heads to make my Life Much Easier as Navigator is a Nice way of Brute Force Damage.... And if for whatever reason that wasn't enough then I would have hopped on my Augmented Dashwire for the Crit Damage.... And if that still wasn't enough I would then use Prowl for the Additional Headshot Multiplier....👀

Soooo yeah.... Go with Brute Force....

1 hour ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

I'm not here to complain about the Guardian Eximus units, because they are only in one faction (two if you count the Corrupted), they're pretty uncommon compared to the other eximus types, and I like everything about the Eximus rework so far

I'm just looking for some advice on how to properly dispatch them, as they have been giving me trouble as of late, especially if the Guardian Eximus is an Osprey

Jumping over them while shooting can help give some extra space for hitting them if you're having trouble hitting between the shields. 

Archived