Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else hate this new overcharge shield mechanic added to Eximus units?

I8UrCake

The only way for DE to make challenging/difficult combat is to make enemies who ignore the rules.   Thats some really garbage game design. 

The most frustrating part of the new eximus is that they are ability and technique immune.   Cant knock em down,  cant stop em with abilities.   Even funnier is you are suppose to use amps to take out overshields and several focus schools now have abilities that help boost amp damage but in the case of madurai it involves causing lift status which eximus are immune to.  

11 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Even funnier is you are suppose to use amps to take out overshields and several focus schools now have abilities that help boost amp damage but in the case of madurai it involves causing lift status which eximus are immune to.  

That's Naramon....

Madurai is the 1 000% Damage one...

Yes.  I'm especially tired of them spawning en mass around fractures on Venus.  Unless you have a good team with lots of arcane damage forget it.  I've seen some posters on here saying it's easy.  Maybe is is especially for that guy that can 1 shot a level 345.  That's probably like .0001% of players.  The rest of us can't finish a fissure seal without x30 or x40 level 50 eximus ruining the game.  Some of their sheilds break easy but when the game throws every f-ing variant of eximus at you in one match there is no way to compensate.  Some of them will just be unbearable.

6 hours ago, CMBDIs said:

Yes.  I'm especially tired of them spawning en mass around fractures on Venus.  Unless you have a good team with lots of arcane damage forget it.  I've seen some posters on here saying it's easy.  Maybe is is especially for that guy that can 1 shot a level 345.  That's probably like .0001% of players.  The rest of us can't finish a fissure seal without x30 or x40 level 50 eximus ruining the game.  Some of their sheilds break easy but when the game throws every f-ing variant of eximus at you in one match there is no way to compensate.  Some of them will just be unbearable.

Well, so far I haven't seen anyone who makes outlandish claims like "1 shot a level 345" (I play lower level missions with lower level gear, too) or "a fissure seal without x30 or x40 level 50 eximus ruining the game" (it's never that many) actually show any footage of their struggle against them.

I, however, did test a few things and recorded it, too. For example, here is me with not fully modded Cernos (MR6), and I really don't see the problem with Star Chart level Eximus enemies. Example here is Pluto and I did some other showcases in other threads:

https://gfycat.com/generouscoordinatedaruanas

Excerpt:

Spoiler

eximus-3.webp

Mods used:

Spoiler

G0rIbjj.png

No abilities, Gear Wheel, or Operator were used for that. The Eximus dies in a few shots.

Full post on this:

Spoiler

Maybe you guys just need some help with how to pick your mods/gear?

On 2022-05-15 at 8:21 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

... The most frustrating part of the new eximus is that they are ability and technique immune. ...

They're not completely immune to everything. A few things work against them. For example Viral procs work against Overguard even if they have shields. Up to 4 Cold procs work, Void procs can be useful, Halikar and some other things.

7 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

I, however, did test a few things and recorded it, too. For example, here is me with not fully modded Cernos (MR6), and I really don't see the problem with Star Chart level Eximus enemies. Example here is Pluto and I did some other showcases in other threads:

GenerousCoordinatedAruanas-size_restrict

There we go....

Wow... Embedding this was a Pain in the Ass.... And it didn't even work properly 👀

Excerpt:

Reveal hidden contents

eximus-3.webp

Teach Me How to Embed like a Pro.... 😭

No abilities, Gear Wheel, or Operator were used for that. The Eximus dies in a few shots.

That wasn't a Vallis Enemy Though.... Yes it actually Does matter....

Maybe you guys just need some help with how to pick your mods/gear?

Nope....

I noticed something else playing today.  I went to Hydron for some easy kills for nightwave and then also did a few relic fissures for fun....

There was already no real incentive to stay in certain missions for a long time (C rotation).  People quitting early was already a thing.  

Now though....I see people bail as soon as eximus start showing up.  1-2 rounds at MOST.  

Cant blame them..  Nox eximus or heavy shield eximus in sorties .... omg... 

-------------

I just faught this Bear in another game who would heal itself constantly.  omfg I didnt think I would ever kill it lol.  

---------------

I dont think angels scale well between solo or squad either....  according to everywhere else in the game my equipment rocks but fighting angels is extremely painful solo with a non meta frame/weapon.   

On 2022-05-17 at 6:59 PM, Lutesque said:

There we go....

Wow... Embedding this was a Pain in the Ass.... And it didn't even work properly 👀

Teach Me How to Embed like a Pro.... 😭

You can't embed from Gfycat anymore like it was possible some time ago. So what I do instead is convert a part of it into a .webp (animated picture format, not video) and upload to another site.

On 2022-05-17 at 6:59 PM, Lutesque said:

That wasn't a Vallis Enemy Though.... Yes it actually Does matter....

Nope....

Yes, I know that Orb Vallis isn't the same. But so far no one was willing to give me enough details to try myself.

And yes, it's undeniable that gear/mods matter a lot.

11 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

You can't embed from Gfycat anymore like it was possible some time ago. So what I do instead is convert a part of it into a .webp (animated picture format, not video) and upload to another site

Ah.... Clever....

11 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

And yes, it's undeniable that gear/mods matter a lot.

Not what I meant but whatever....

Honestly, the eximus buff is one of the best updates DE has done in ages. They should have done it ages ago. The only real problem is that some of the enemies that have stupid-high amounts of damage reduction apply that damage reduction to the overguard, making it take an age to get rid of on enemies that can completely decimate the whole area if you don't CC them.

It's sad, though, that this is ultimately just another bandaid for gloom and molecular prime.

The solution is, obviously, to remove the damage reduction from the overguard pool, like shields.

On 2022-05-20 at 1:53 AM, NezuHimeSama said:

Honestly, the eximus buff is one of the best updates DE has done in ages. They should have done it ages ago. The only real problem is that some of the enemies that have stupid-high amounts of damage reduction apply that damage reduction to the overguard, making it take an age to get rid of on enemies that can completely decimate the whole area if you don't CC them.

It's sad, though, that this is ultimately just another bandaid for gloom and molecular prime.

The solution is, obviously, to remove the damage reduction from the overguard pool, like shields.

I agree wholeheartly. I play a whole variety of warframes on casual levels, and singlar powerful units that can't be easily crowed controlled is something Warframe has needed for so long. So many missions I would go to would just be a single warframe who would trivialize the whole match with super long reaching nukes, or a big CC frame where none of the enemies could do anything, so everyone would just stand around the defense objective doing emotes and chatting with each other, being like "Hehe, I hope DE doesn't nerf this frame soon LOL!".

Warframe isn't a super hardcore gamer only game, but it's not intended to be an auto leveler app game either. The intent is still to work together as a team and engage with the content, and if a single player can trivialize a match so hard that everyone is just standing around being bored because all the enemies either die when they spawn, or are all crowd controlled en mass, then the game has slipped into being too easy. I love playing CC and nuke frames, but at the level I was playing at, they were just too much, like who needs defensive or durable frames, when enemies just get slurped into some huge CC ability or get instantly killed before they get a chance to do anything. Now when I'm playing frames like Khora, Nova, or Ember, it feels far more engaging to have units that can't be immediately taken out, and so there is a need for tanky or defensive frames to protect both myself and an objective while those units are being dealt with. If those frames are too durable or protective that they don't need CC or big damage frames to lower how fast they're taking damage, then that's a different issue that needs to be addressed because that also makes the game too easy, but making all enemies easily CC'd or easily killed isn't fun either. It just makes dropping into a game so much more fun, and it's nice to see more people actually sticking together, engaging with the game, and less people just dancing on top of an objective as the game basically plays itself. There are nearly an endless number of games out there that are perfect for that if that's your idea of fun, but I don't think that is the sort of game DE wants Warframe to be as part of it's core gameplay.

Now how this plays out on something like Steel Path might be different, but that's an optional high difficulty mode that DE has explicitly said the game will not be balanced around because it is meant to be an optional challenge mode, and not part of what is intended to be the bulk of their gameplay experience.

On 2022-05-23 at 10:42 AM, Jimmuhboy said:

I agree wholeheartly. I play a whole variety of warframes on casual levels, and singlar powerful units that can't be easily crowed controlled is something Warframe has needed for so long.

I concur, it's a great development overall. In fact, I dare say I would like even more dangerous enemies that are more rare, more optional and more rewarding. I remember waaaaaaay back when I first started I was actually terrified of the Stalker because he always killed me when he showed up and I had no idea what I was doing or why he was appearing. The only other time I experienced that was when the Wolf of Saturn 6 first came out, that dude felt like such an impressive force - so much so that everyone more often than not just abandoned the mission when he barged in. The new eximus feels like a little glimmer of that, even though I, pretty well kitted out at this point, have little trouble with them even on the steel path, I like it.

My only frown at them right now is the magnetic procs - they can be brutal on the steel path when being out of energy basically means you're dead, depending on your frame and loadout - I don't like sacrificing an arcane slot to nullification, but I'm still learning to adjust for it so maybe it's not as annoying as it feels right now.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but how are we supposed to unlock Riven's now that require the level 30 defense with no damage.  Considering the eximus units walk right through any shield since they are immune to all, the defense objective always gets a hit now.  To me this is an example of how adding new stuff, obsoletes old stuff.  And it's very annoying.

On 2022-05-17 at 4:15 AM, Kontrollo said:

Well, so far I haven't seen anyone who makes outlandish claims like "1 shot a level 345" (I play lower level missions with lower level gear, too) or "a fissure seal without x30 or x40 level 50 eximus ruining the game" (it's never that many) actually show any footage of their struggle against them.

I refer you to a post by Uhkretor on page 1 of the thread.

... I have literally just 1-shot a lvl365 Eximus Overguard off in a Void Flood Steel Path mission... Well, the Eximus didn't live after that shot anyway... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2022-05-31 at 5:01 AM, CMBDIs said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but how are we supposed to unlock Riven's now that require the level 30 defense with no damage.  Considering the eximus units walk right through any shield since they are immune to all, the defense objective always gets a hit now.  To me this is an example of how adding new stuff, obsoletes old stuff.  And it's very annoying.

Well.... There's still one thing That Works....

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

On 2022-05-31 at 5:10 AM, CMBDIs said:

I refer you to a post by Uhkretor on page 1 of the thread.

Alright, but again, I'd be more interested in hearing about the details instead of unrealistic claims so I can go see for myself.

Or maybe give advice on gear right away.  I think that's one of the main problems people who are struggling have.

Although maybe wait and try again after the next big patch. DE has already announced some changes.

On 2022-05-29 at 12:53 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

I concur, it's a great development overall. In fact, I dare say I would like even more dangerous enemies that are more rare, more optional and more rewarding. I remember waaaaaaay back when I first started I was actually terrified of the Stalker because he always killed me when he showed up and I had no idea what I was doing or why he was appearing. The only other time I experienced that was when the Wolf of Saturn 6 first came out, that dude felt like such an impressive force - so much so that everyone more often than not just abandoned the mission when he barged in. The new eximus feels like a little glimmer of that, even though I, pretty well kitted out at this point, have little trouble with them even on the steel path, I like it.

My only frown at them right now is the magnetic procs - they can be brutal on the steel path when being out of energy basically means you're dead, depending on your frame and loadout - I don't like sacrificing an arcane slot to nullification, but I'm still learning to adjust for it so maybe it's not as annoying as it feels right now.

Absolutely. Getting marked used to be fun and worked kinda like wandering mini/standard bosses in other games, something to shake up the static routine of a standard mission and rally as a team against. Now they die so fast I often can’t even find the loot they drop because it’s like they scarcely even spawned in at all. The Stalker gets it especially rough, as the loss of his gameplay significance directly effected his story significance. The Stalker is the nemesis of the Tenno, and is kinda the only constant story threat that is suppose to be more than a match for a Warframe, now he’s just that unfortunate guy who locks the doors from time to time so that you’ll spare him the split second it takes to put him out of his misery.

I’d love to see Death Mark enemies getting a major overhaul in the same way Eximus units have, with them coming back much stronger, but also with

significant rewards. I’d love to see them drop a fair chunk of credits, affinity, and endo, as well as more powerful weapons and new cosmetics as well. Make them

into something you can actually fight, but also make them worth your while to do so, because as it stands they really don’t serve as either unfortunately. Throw

Corrupted Vor a bone too, poor guy barely gets a chance to wax poetically in the flesh.

As for the magnetic status effect, I’ve found hideous resistance helps a lot with that if you can’t spare an arcane or work in some status immunity through other

means.

• 2 months later...

Yes I agree I play CC characters like khora I main here a lot and do kuva endurance runs. And I like to do them solo. This new mechanic makes this impossible. Since the eximus units become so high in level and your Whipclaw or strangledome doesn't effect them. It's made the game much less fun for me I am going to try a xatas whisper build incorporated into khora but I don't have much faith it will work against level 500+ or even much lower. The eximus units will one shot the harvesters before I get a chance to kill them. So in conclusion I agree it's much less fun and DE may have lost a long time player and spender because of this.

On 2022-05-09 at 8:53 PM, I8UrCake said:

As a long time player of Warframe, I agree that Eximus units needed a tune up because their threat wasn't that high. However, this new overcharge shield they have just ruins the game for me. I main a khora and when you give units that are NOT RARE immunity to your abilities it ruins the experience for anyone who plays crowd control characters. Please lemme know if the community feels the same. Hopefully, if this topic gets enough people agreeing that it should be removed, the Devs will actually fix this problem. 

I don't have high hopes because Digital Extremes have yet to fix the glaives problems from several updates ago (where you lose your glaive for the rest of the mission) that I have pointed out in the past. But hopefully this will be dealt with.

The main change i want for overguarded enemies is a damage per second gate, where they cant deal more than say 25% shield or health damage per second. That way it gives you time to deal with them, but still makes you panick no matyer what frame you use.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022-05-11 at 10:38 AM, Dreddeth said:

Overguard is not in and of itself a bad thing, but boy did they sure give Eximii a LOT of it. Almost certainly a little too much, in fact.

Here is my 2 cents input on this idea (coming from someone that DESPITES eximus enemies (if not for anything else at least for the fact that is a CHEAP way of making the game a challange, but...)

I understand that not all frames are made for all missions.

I am on board with ALMOST all eximuses on the list as they are not too hard but not too easy either (ex i like to use ASH with STRENGTH and FATAL TELEPORT and the game is like a normal mission without eximus units.

But...

BUUUT...

1. why the hell do LEECH enemies have eximus status (overguard)? (overguard leaching energy and shooting at you at the same time in case its not a rolling ball with that ability and fear god if energy leach eximus falls in the below cathegory...)

2. who taught that giving this guy (looking at you GRINEER bastard with SHIELD) eximus rank?

Its not enough that ht has extra damage, not enough that he has the overguard armor, he has almost complete damage negation due to that shield... should i invite him out to drinks to outdrink him in order to put him down?

Also... what is with the CC negation? I mean it is not even consistent... as far as i know from the frames i play:

Rhino's stomp slows them

Gara's passive blinds them

If Rhino's stomp slows them (not lifts them to stun as CC, although slow is considered cc as well) then why not have Frost's frost slow them as well? (FROST warframe has been literally forgotten about for almost 5+ years...

What i hate about eximus units outside of what i said above which in my humble opinion that enemy the shielded grineer should be removed from the eximus list, I hate that they force you into a different gameplay stile. and i am not refering to the frame's abilities. I am usually playing only melee and now i find myself forced to use a gun to avoid them...

It used to be that melee had the advantage over weapons due to the fact that you were close to them in the midst of fire. Now... i dont really see the point of using a melee anymore

Archived