Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Played Survival (Steel Path) for 1 hour and got 1 Riven Sliver

KVG_UMBRA

Is this normal? Is this bad RNG? Or maybe something broken?

I killed 4305 enemies. I don't know how many of them was Eximus but by the feeling it was about 40-50 units. Official drop table says it is 14% drop chance for Riven Slivers from Eximus but it feels like it's not correct.

1 minute ago, KVG_UMBRA said:

Official drop table says it is 14% drop chance for Riven Slivers from Eximus but it feels like it's not correct.

You're misreading the drop table here (which I agree doesn't  present the information in the clearest way) - Eximus units have a 7% chance to drop a resource, and, when they do, a 14.3% chance for that resource to be a Riven Silver - that works out to be almost exactly a 1% drop chance per Eximus unit killed.

I think it's bad RNG. My experience is a bit better. Riven Slivers are rare, but not that rare.

14% ? I thought it was only 1%.. Oh ! I got it ! You have 7% chance for a resource drop, and if it drops a resource, you have only 14.5% chance of it being a Riven Sliver. So, the real chance is : 0.145 * 0.07 = 0.01 (just 1% chance)

Citation
Eximus Enemy (Hard Mode) Resource Drop Chance: 7.00%
  Region Resource Very Common (85.70%)
  Riven Sliver Uncommon (14.30%)

I think the best now for Riven Slivers are Syndicate attacks (and it works even on non-Steel Path missions).

That seems about right and on par what I got before update 31.5 might be a bit on the unlucky side though. 

I think it also depends on what gamemode you are playing since some of the endless ones got their eximus spawn rate reduced, that number of eximus units killed is bugged I think.

1 hour ago, KVG_UMBRA said:

Is this normal? Is this bad RNG? Or maybe something broken?

And there in lies the problem with Relying so much on RNG in game design....

There's no way to know for sure.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 часов назад, drnlmza сказал:

You're misreading the drop table here (which I agree doesn't  present the information in the clearest way) - Eximus units have a 7% chance to drop a resource, and, when they do, a 14.3% chance for that resource to be a Riven Silver - that works out to be almost exactly a 1% drop chance per Eximus unit killed.

Oh, I see. So then that's incredibly bad drop chance. It's faster to farm Jackal but I don't want to farm one boss for hours.

18 часов назад, (NSW)AegisFifi сказал:

I think the best now for Riven Slivers are Syndicate attacks (and it works even on non-Steel Path missions).

I think Jackal (Steel Path) is better. He drops slivers on every kill. But farming one boss for hours is very boring.

EDIT. Nope, Jackal don't drop slivers on every kill, I was wrong again. Jackal has 5% chance for resource drop and 100% chance that this resource will be sliver. So basically 5%.

On 2022-05-26 at 9:48 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You guys know doing 1 mission and taking a picture doesn't mean much right?

Why don't you try creating a data set at least and provide pictures of multiple runs.

Also, have both boosters on.

Isn't the data set a mountain of threads complaining about dry drops?

Does this one picture change your mind? I got 0 Riven Slivers in 15 hours and 20 minutes:

EDIT: Apparently Specter kills don't drop Riven Slivers.

unknown.png?size=4096

Also, this wouldn't be the first time DE made a drop table mistake that players uncovered:

54 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Isn't the data set a mountain of threads complaining about dry drops?

Does this one picture change your mind? I got 0 Riven Slivers in 15 hours and 20 minutes:

unknown.png?size=4096

Also, this wouldn't be the first time DE made a drop table mistake that players uncovered:

Seems legit I stand corrected haha.

I didn't know it was such a big issue as some were discussing it in alliance as well.

I did a few hour runs with both boosters and got 2 to 4 as well.

On 2022-05-29 at 11:06 AM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Seems legit I stand corrected haha.

I didn't know it was such a big issue as some were discussing it in alliance as well.

I did a few hour runs with both boosters and got 2 to 4 as well.

I made an edit to my comment. Apparently Riven Slivers don't drop from enemies killed by specters just like how Acolytes won't spawn. Lmao. Bandaid moment.

9 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I made an edit to my comment. Apparently Riven Slivers don't drop from enemies killed by specters just like how Acolytes won't spawn. Lmao. Bandaid moment.

My Protea spector lights people up. 

There still could be an issue though. I'll have to do some non specter runs.

Archived