Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Backlog of Twitch Drops

[DE]Dudley

Hello Tenno,

In the past we received reports of players who had only received the last 20 Twitch Drops that they had earned despite having earned more than 20. This was most evident with players who had been watching Twitch streams but had not logged into the game for quite some time. Upon further investigation we were able to determine that an adjustment could be made to remove that cap and thus release all earned Drops upon next login. The result of this change has been players receiving all their previously earned Drops upon logging in.

We saw some players receive as many as 150 Drops that they had stockpiled. While you will receive your Drops upon logging in, receiving so many at once can affect your game temporarily. To avoid this, we recommend that you login at your earliest convenience to claim your backlog of Drops in-game if you fall into this category as to not impact receiving the TennoCon Twitch Drops tomorrow!

Thank you for watching Warframe streams and may Varzia continue to grace your inbox!

• Like 27

11 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

In the past we received reports of players who had only received the last 20 Twitch Drops that they had earned despite having earned more than 20. This was most evident with players who had been watching Twitch streams but had not logged into the game for quite some time. Upon further investigation we were able to determine that an adjustment could be made to remove that cap and thus release all earned Drops upon next login. The result of this change has been players receiving all their previously earned Drops upon logging in.

We saw some players receive as many as 150 Drops that they had stockpiled. While you will receive your Drops upon logging in, receiving so many at once can affect your game temporarily. To avoid this, we recommend that you login at your earliest convenience to claim your backlog of Drops in-game if you fall into this category as to not impact receiving the TennoCon Twitch Drops tomorrow!

Thank you for watching Warframe streams and may Varzia continue to grace your inbox!

What's this from?

Is there something going on?

Did I miss it?

EDIT - Oh, I think I understand.

Peeps where watching the streams and getting the drops, and claiming,
but not logging into the game?
So they have a backlog?

Edited by General_Durandal

7 hours ago, ThiaGordo said:

I got some drops on twitch, but they never have been delivered to my account (yes the twitch and warframe are linked).

Have you (recently) unlinked and relinked it? Almost everyone with this issue finds it solved by trying this. It seems even though both sides say linked, when either side updates EULA terms/T&Cs, or you reset or change a password for either, it has a chance of 'desynching' the link. And Twitch's agreement terms have changed like eight times in the past year, can't speak to DE's but that's a fair number of dice rolls. 

At the very least, try it to rule it out and so you can confirm when asked, as it will be the first troubleshooting step required (turn it off and on again, essentially). 

2 hours ago, Uan91 said:

Why would someone wait so long before logging in? And why said losers would complain that they can't get the items? 

There are dozens of possible reasons why someone would watch the streams but be unable to log into the actual game. Maybe they're deployed. Maybe they're at school with only a chromebook. Maybe their CPU fried and set their computer on fire. 

The drops never mention anything about caps or limits, so it probably never occurred to anyone that one existed (until now when DE found the problem) so why rush to try to find a computer to just log in and get the drops?

• Like 1

Ah ha that's why Varzia spammed my Xbox accounts inbox with 26 messages today. In my case I have played Warframe across three platforms and Xbox gets neglected the most despite being the place where I first played Warframe, but even so it's become routine to open up three windows of Twitch whenever I watch.

I hadn't even noticed I missed anything but this is nice, cheers!

So I watched the stream and got the drop claimed on Twitch. However I don't have them in game (my account is linked). I tried relogging, completing a mission, relaunching the game, I've even relinked my account. This also happened last year.

I can claim Twitch Prime rewards and have them in game.

On 2022-07-16 at 10:07 AM, xyshift said:

There are dozens of possible reasons why someone would watch the streams but be unable to log into the actual game. Maybe they're deployed. Maybe they're at school with only a chromebook. Maybe their CPU fried and set their computer on fire. 

The drops never mention anything about caps or limits, so it probably never occurred to anyone that one existed (until now when DE found the problem) so why rush to try to find a computer to just log in and get the drops?

Couldn't find time in 30 weeks?  That's more than 6 months of watching streams actively but not once being able to log in.  I'll buy that there may be a handful of people that this is true for, but the vast majority of people this would affect very likely had chances to log in and chose not to.  So hoping for the things to still be there is fair (they did earn em, afterall) but if someone were to be upset its gone I don't think its warranted.