Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 17: Server Stability (RESOLVED)

[DE]Danielle

38 minutes ago, Partzs said:

Good morning,  

Thank you for letting us know that there are still issues. 

I do have a few suggestions:

How things are worded can be interoperated differently.  Saying that its out of your control and blaming the providers just shows that the decisions made for a provider by the company need to be reviewed.

Suggesting a double bonus for a few hours will not make all happy due to that being a set time frame.  If it was done at the account level instead of set time of the server, you may make more happy.  But I don't believe there is a way of doing this with the current way this is built. 

Lastly be honest with everyone on the problems.

Improvements for outages that I might suggest:

Lock down update posts and do not allow others to post on them.  Yes posts to ask for problems happening are ok but some post really should not allow others to be posted on.

Status page for servers like most other games and companies do.

Multi region deployments.  It sounds like from this post there is one provider that is having issues.  Why rely on one provider?

When it comes to all the people complaining, it sounds like you all really need to get out.  Just because a service is down doesn't mean its the end of the world.  Go outside and enjoy yourself. If your addicted to video games that ok.  Doesn't mean you have to just play this game.  There are plenty of options out there these days!@

maybe they are telling the truth when saying its out of their control stop trying to turn it around and blame DE 

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

We are currently working with infrastructure partners to mitigate outages on our services which have caused unfortunate interruptions to the game, chat, and other services. The causes of these outages are outside of our control but we are actively working on resolving the problem. We will let you know when the interruptions are fully resolved. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. When we return to work, we will run an additional 2x Resource Booster window for a few hours. Please sit tight for news on that - we need to regroup first!

Thank you!

you should run an additional 2x resource booster for a few days

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Tenno,

We are currently working with infrastructure partners to mitigate outages on our services which have caused unfortunate interruptions to the game, chat, and other services. The causes of these outages are outside of our control but we are actively working on resolving the problem. We will let you know when the interruptions are fully resolved. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. When we return to work, we will run an additional 2x Resource Booster window for a few hours. Please sit tight for news on that - we need to regroup first!

Thank you!

Thank you DE, very goodwill, especially to those who only bought an additional one because of the Resource Booster.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

Thank you!

Thank you for working on a weekend, right after such a big event.

As for the ones complaining, take this time to log out, take a walk, drink some water and take a breather. It's a game. Keep an eye on the forums and return once the problem is fixed.

Just now, Edsh0t said:

Thank you for working on a weekend, right after such a big event.

As for the ones complaining, take this time to log out, take a walk, drink some water and take a breather. It's a game. Keep an eye on the forums and return once the problem is fixed.

Agreed or just keep playing and bite the bullet, because getting mad at them isn't gonna get the fix out sooner.

1 minute ago, James_Moon said:

Really didn't expect something to happen after Tennocon yesterday, i thought it was the ammount of players on or something. Sorry to hear that there's something going on DE you got this!

I figured something was wrong when. I got kick out of the event

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I know its not in your control, but a few hours on a Monday isn't gonna cut it this time. Warframe was either fully down or unreliable for nearly a day on a weekend. At the bare minimum, the booster should be re-run during the effected times next Saturday (though 11 am Saturday to 11 am Sunday eastern time next weekend would be best imo). People have jobs, not everyone is a kid who can play this game 24/7. A Monday booster would provide about as much value to most people as the second half of the booster we got.

Just now, LogmantheLogjam said:

I know its not in your control, but a few hours on a Monday isn't gonna cut it this time. Warframe was either fully down or unreliable for nearly a day on a weekend. At the bare minimum, the booster should be re-run during the effected times next Saturday (though 10 am Saturday to 10 am Sunday next weekend would be best imo). People have jobs, not everyone is a kid who can play this game 24/7. A Monday booster would provide about as much value to most people as the second half of the booster we got.

Time Zones are a thing too, double resources might be in a time window when half the world is asleep. 0001 UTC Saturday to 2359 UTC on Sunday (basically inline with Daily Login reset) seems like the fairest way to go about it

7 minutes ago, CopyableOak said:

Time Zones are a thing too, double resources might be in a time window when half the world is asleep. 0001 UTC Saturday to 2359 UTC on Sunday (basically inline with Daily Login reset) seems like the fairest way to go about it

excellent point as well. I initially suggested the 10 am to 10 am time frame cause that's what the booster was originally based on (though that's in my time zone, so ive since updated it to DE time). However it happens though, I feel like we're owed at least a full weekend day of booster time.

16 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

When we return to work, we will run an additional 2x Resource Booster window for a few hours.

Excuse me, but that's not good enough.

Some people only have the weekend to play and couldn't because of the outage,

Maybe they jumped through all kind of hoops to have time for the Tennocon weekend and, wether DE was in any way responsible or not for the outage, running an additional booster for a few hours is just a smack in the face. Especially if it's a time when people go back to work, have other stuff to attend to or are sleeping.

Make it all a whole day next weekend or even the whole weekend. What have you got to lose? And what can you gain?

Edit: Chat still doesn't work, at least until I logged out before the hotfix/update just now.

vor 48 Minuten schrieb LogmantheLogjam:

I know its not in your control, but a few hours on a Monday isn't gonna cut it this time

vor 31 Minuten schrieb LogmantheLogjam:
vor 41 Minuten schrieb CopyableOak:

excellent point as well. I initially suggested the 10 am to 10 am time frame cause that's what the booster was originally based on (though that's in my time zone, so ive since updated it to DE time). However it happens though, I feel like we're owed at least a full weekend day of booster time.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Bibo1GerUk:

Excuse me, but that's not good enough.

Some people only have the weekend to play and couldn't because of the outage,

Probably we should wait until it's truly fixed before anyone thinks about how they should compensate us for a booster we couldn't use which was a gift from them in the first place. I don't get why this is important now. It's not even working yet. After Warframe, Chat, Twitch and whatnot is fixed it has to run a few days to prove its stable, by then its almost next weekend. When they got it all sorted they probably tell us what happened and gift us something like they most of the time always do, When they say "The causes of these outages are outside of our control" i imagine they have to wait  themselves until someone else fixed what they ducked before they can unduck whatever got ducked on their part.  As we don't know when that is or if it already happened the best we can do is watch youtube or clean our room while they do what they have to do. 

Archived