Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

July 17: Server Stability (RESOLVED)

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno,

We are currently working with infrastructure partners to mitigate outages on our services which have caused unfortunate interruptions to the game, chat, and other services. The causes of these outages are outside of our control but we are actively working on resolving the problem. We will let you know when the interruptions are fully resolved. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. When we return to work, we will run an additional 2x Resource Booster window for a few hours. Please sit tight for news on that - we need to regroup first!

Thank you!

You owe me 5 bucks.

😡

Lost 12k cryotics yesterday when the server died the first time. Went to sleep to farm more later before booster expires. Did one farm, server dies on second farm so i lose 14k cryotics. Extend booster by at least 1 day please. Also have work so I can't even capitalize on it all. I also bought a store booster which is also being wasted

3 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

Lost 12k cryotics yesterday when the server died the first time. Went to sleep to farm more later before booster expires. Did one farm, server dies on second farm so i lose 14k cryotics. Extend booster by at least 1 day please. Also have work so I can't even capitalize on it all

yeah i agree to this, i lost over 900 steel essence due to the issues >.>

2 minutes ago, UmbraAtrox said:

How  did  you farm 900 steel essence in the first place?

I assume he got real lucky with his Smeeta, with bad luck I was averaging about 100 an hour, with good luck I was getting significantly more.

15 minutes ago, UmbraAtrox said:

How  did  you farm 900 steel essence in the first place?

Sitting in endless mission for few hours + Smeeta Buff. I was able to get 208 Essence in 2 hours survival just before Drop Booster ended

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. When we return to work, we will run an additional 2x Resource Booster window for a few hours.

I don't really care for the booster but,  some players could only log into the game for those hours and because it was Sunday when the servers went flat line, so extending the booster for "a few hours" isn't going to do much, for them.

Good morning,  

Thank you for letting us know that there are still issues. 

I do have a few suggestions:

How things are worded can be interoperated differently.  Saying that its out of your control and blaming the providers just shows that the decisions made for a provider by the company need to be reviewed.

Suggesting a double bonus for a few hours will not make all happy due to that being a set time frame.  If it was done at the account level instead of set time of the server, you may make more happy.  But I don't believe there is a way of doing this with the current way this is built. 

Lastly be honest with everyone on the problems.

Improvements for outages that I might suggest:

Lock down update posts and do not allow others to post on them.  Yes posts to ask for problems happening are ok but some post really should not allow others to be posted on.

Status page for servers like most other games and companies do.

Multi region deployments.  It sounds like from this post there is one provider that is having issues.  Why rely on one provider?

When it comes to all the people complaining, it sounds like you all really need to get out.  Just because a service is down doesn't mean its the end of the world.  Go outside and enjoy yourself. If your addicted to video games that ok.  Doesn't mean you have to just play this game.  There are plenty of options out there these days!@

1 hour ago, DPS_S_Tier_ said:

...they have been under DDoS attack for a day now...

It sure "feels" like a DDoS.

But it might actually be that it is us/the game client continuously trying to connect/re-connect that generates DDoS-like symptoms. If there is a capacity glitch in the system at the right (or rather "wrong") place. 

1 hour ago, Fate.s_End said:

It's just part of being a dev, especially for a 24/7 project like an MMO. But the thing is, DE isn't some basement studio with a handful of people. It's a decently sized company. So you would think that they'd be able to have people on staff capable of putting out fires 24/7, rather than having seemingly several hours where the whole company is asleep.

Have you signed any contract with them for 247/7 service/uptime? No? Then don't expect them to available 24/7. My old ISP had "few hours per month" for maintenance & other stuffs. If you went with some boosters or other time-gated stuffs then just go for refund.

7 минут назад, Graavarg сказал:

But it might actually be that it is us/the game client continuously trying to connect/re-connect that generates DDoS-like symptoms. If there is a capacity glitch in the system at the right (or rather "wrong") place. 

this is a ddos because it is done by a russian hacker, many russians already know this because in the channel for russians a russian hacker shows how it happens in support against the oppression of russians (donation ban)

10 минут назад, Graavarg сказал:

but, it doesn't bother me too much. I am an active rift mod dealer. so I'm a little dissatisfied too.

1 minute ago, DPS_S_Tier_ said:

but, it doesn't bother me too much. I am an active rift mod dealer. so I'm a little dissatisfied too.

Honestly even with chat down I just been doing something I should have done ages ago. Finally max out all my weapons XD

Archived