Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Whipclaw Aiming Bug (New)

PublikDomain

Khora's Whipclaw has some sort of aiming bug that is causing it to miss targets at close to medium ranges. The explosion is redirected through or around targets, deflecting off to the right of the screen.

First brought to my attention by @DrBorris in his Feedback thread here:

Medium Ranges:
The explosion is deflected behind and below the target, impacting the ground behind and several meters below the reticle.

giphy.gif

When aiming upwards, the explosion deflects into the air to the right and below the reticle.

giphy.gif

Close Ranges:
The explosion is deflected down to the ground to the right of the target. This allows for hits, but does not look to be behaving correctly.

giphy.gif

When aiming upwards, the explosion again is deflected into the air to the right and below the reticle. This seems to be more extreme than at longer distances. There seems to be some condition that causes the explosion to deflect into the air vs being deflected into the ground.

giphy.gif

These examples were all tested with 205% Range.

Some variables that could possibly affect this:

• Power Range
  • Distance from target
  • Vertical angle to the target
  • Amount of ground behind the target in the direction of the reticle
  • Which shoulder the camera is positioned over

@[DE]Ruu tagging you since you were involved in the last Khora Whipclaw bug. I hope we can get this one acknowledged and resolved a little bit faster this time! 👍

---

Unrelated: are there really no "Warframe" tags? Or "Weapon" tags? How do you tag a bug report for frames?

I honestly thought it was intentional that you could not target an enemy and you needed to constantly aim at the floor. It just went with the AoE kind of style. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I don't remember it ever being different (except when aiming at Strangle Dome).

EDIT: it was one of the reasons I was so frustrated when the mandatory line of sight check was added. "Aim at the floor, but don't aim at the junk" and anything in the camera angle can mess with that, specifically Vernari even if she is standing behind Khora.

45 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I honestly thought it was intentional that you could not target an enemy and you needed to constantly aim at the floor. It just went with the AoE kind of style. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but I don't remember it ever being different (except when aiming at Strangle Dome).

EDIT: it was one of the reasons I was so frustrated when the mandatory line of sight check was added. "Aim at the floor, but don't aim at the junk" and anything in the camera angle can mess with that, specifically Vernari even if she is standing behind Khora.

Huh, is it really from that long ago? I guess I never noticed since I aim at surfaces to begin with.

2 minutes ago, NextGhost said:

I was chatting with Alliance people and we are seeing this bug as well.

I guess the workaround is to aim at the floor? 

Well, maybe. If you aim at an area with no enemies (I should provide a gif of this in the report I think) then Whipclaw is pinpoint accurate and hits under your crosshair dot like it should. But if there's an enemy present, probably within some angle of the camera, then it will try and correct the point of aim which may still mess up your hit. I don't know the specific limits of the aim correction so I don't know if aiming at the floor is enough to totally avoid it. I will say from my own experience that aiming at floors is already how I play and that I hadn't noticed this bug until it was shown to me, so aiming for floors will probably reduce the impact of this bug to the point where it's not totally obvious.

On 2022-07-29 at 8:32 PM, PublikDomain said:

When aiming upwards, the explosion deflects into the air to the right and below the reticle.

Damn. This probably explains whey enemies trapped near the apex of the dome are near impossible to hit! Thanks for the detailed investigation, I hope they fix this.

*Prays that this will finally get fixed!*

This has annoyed me like crazy. You don't have to use Whipclaw a lot before experiencing missing hits on enemies consistently over and over again.

At least the bug of enemies walking through Strangledome unaffected has become less annoying since eximus mobs does it by default now. Khora was basically unplayable when those two bugs overlapped.

22 hours ago, [DE]Ruu said:

Thanks for the report. The thorough details here will help greatly in getting this cleared up.

Flavor of the month stuff is more likely to get fixed, huh.

I got tired of asking for a simple improvement for something you broke years ago. Nonetheless....

On 2022-08-03 at 5:08 PM, Sannidor said:

Flavor of the month stuff is more likely to get fixed, huh.

I got tired of asking for a simple improvement for something you broke years ago. Nonetheless....

Cheers to that :(

Disappointing to only ever see progress with flavor-of-the-month issues while longstanding problems go unfixed and longstanding concerns go unaddressed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

wow still not fixed?

Dunno if the cross platform stuff is such a good idea for PC players without it, the hotfixes came in alot faster.

Well, the last Whipclaw bug took months of pestering before there was even an acknowledgement, and then took another month or two to actually get resolved. By comparison this one is moving along briskly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived