The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idk why de does this...

I think the latest frames are flawed but not that bad. Except Grendel in how uninteresting and visually boring his abilities are.

Caliban has a very useless 1 and other 3 abilities are pretty good with CC, armor strip and constant shield recharging.

Yareli has rather weak CC on her 4 because it throws stuff around, K-drives just kinda fail on its own and Yareli just happens to have her very own K-drive so unfortunate for her.

Gyre falls short in survivability and her DPS doesn't really justify her lack of defense IMO. At least she has awesome visual effect I guess but I honestly don't like the ability design very much.

9 hours ago, (PSN)aarott said:

If you're not on the steel path, you can use that energy for spamming your other abilities to great effect. I use a max efficiency Riptide build to burn through rooms on the starchart, which works right up until higher level bounties. I run increased range + duration bubbles to kill spread out mobs in open world bounties where aquablades would be less useful. Even on Steel Path, you can use Sea Snares and Riptide for CC reasons.

I use Yareli as a statstick for a critical aoe sporelacer secondary, so there's really no need to do anything other than vaguely aim in the direction of the red triangles on my map and press LMB when playing on the normal star chart.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Shield gating is worthless unless the player behind the frame is actually a good player. 

If someone is standing in the middle of a room with projectiles and AOE Splash damage hitting them from all angles faster than they can spam abilities to charge their shields (which means they're not attacking), they are always gonna die regardless of what frame they are.

Volt CCs without grouping, and Gyre does. 

The Physics of Gyres ball is once again dependent on the ability of the human behind the controller to aim.

What does that have to do with what I said? How does that change that Gyre relies on the same mechanic as every other frame when Volt doesnt? You more or less support my point by saying shield gate isnt exactly a surefire tool, and that is ontop of the specifics in a build needed to even make it work properly, something Volt doesnt need to worry about. I also dont see what Volt's CC not grouping has to do with how weak Gyre's kit is or not.

And no, go and try it out on the void if you think aiming matters. Not even with pinpoint mouse accuracy does the skill work as you'd think on the most flat and open of areas. So how freakin slow does that make it with a controller that doesnt have near the reaction time or precision of a mouse? If it is bad with kb/m it will be a trainwreck of chemical dumpster waste on consoles or with a controller in general.

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And no, go and try it out on the void if you think aiming matters. Not even with pinpoint mouse accuracy does the skill work as you'd think on the most flat and open of areas. So how freakin slow does that make it with a controller that doesnt have near the reaction time or precision of a mouse? If it is bad with kb/m it will be a trainwreck of chemical dumpster waste on consoles or with a controller in general.

It's truly awful.  You can't aim it as high as you'd want.  Ever.  It's one of the reasons I don't even bother with Gyre.  I hope DE has learned something from this though.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

What does that have to do with what I said? How does that change that Gyre relies on the same mechanic as every other frame when Volt doesnt? You more or less support my point by saying shield gate isnt exactly a surefire tool, and that is ontop of the specifics in a build needed to even make it work properly, something Volt doesnt need to worry about. I also dont see what Volt's CC not grouping has to do with how weak Gyre's kit is or not.

Don't know what to tell you. Every frame isn't for every player. 

You can manually detonate gyres sphere, if the physics mechanic is too much for you. Depends on the tileset, and if you're using it to hit enemies directly for the 100% status chance 1,200 electricity damage per second bonus.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Don't know what to tell you. Every frame isn't for every player. 

You can manually detonate gyres sphere, if the physics mechanic is too much for you. Depends on the tileset, and if you're using it to hit enemies directly for the 100% status chance 1,200 electricity damage per second bonus.

This isnt about frames being for specific players or not. This is about a frame simply being very weak in her kit. None of what you've said changes that part. She would actually be a really fun frame if her kit wasnt weak and in the case of the sphere horrible due to a newly implemented physics mechanic test on the skill, which I hope for the love of the gods they wont implement elsewhere. Being able to detonate it does not help make it a stronger, better or even working skill. And the 1200 electric damage is meaningless since it wont help you kill faster in content where Gyre doesnt scale, because your weapons will kill the mobs before her DoTs have a chance to tick enough to make an impact on TTK. The DoT would effectively need to have time to tick enough to remove the requirement of a full shot to have any meaning. And if we face grineer that 1200 per tick will suddenly sit in sub 100 per tick values in higher content.

22 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's truly awful.  You can't aim it as high as you'd want.  Ever.  It's one of the reasons I don't even bother with Gyre.  I hope DE has learned something from this though.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

This isnt about frames being for specific players or not. This is about a frame simply being very weak in her kit. None of what you've said changes that part. She would actually be a really fun frame if her kit wasnt weak and in the case of the sphere horrible due to a newly implemented physics mechanic test on the skill, which I hope for the love of the gods they wont implement elsewhere. Being able to detonate it does not help make it a stronger, better or even working skill. And the 1200 electric damage is meaningless since it wont help you kill faster in content where Gyre doesnt scale, because your weapons will kill the mobs before her DoTs have a chance to tick enough to make an impact on TTK. The DoT would effectively need to have time to tick enough to remove the requirement of a full shot to have any meaning. And if we face grineer that 1200 per tick will suddenly sit in sub 100 per tick values in higher content.

Exactly.

I'm not a frothing‐at-the-mouth efficiency elitist, sorry. 

You have enough frames for that. 

I play for fun. 

Goodluck trying to get every frame to be Saryn, not gonna happen. Hope you can come to terms with it. 

13 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I play for fun. 

Goodluck trying to get every frame to be Saryn, not gonna happen. Hope you can come to terms with it. 

you are literally missing the point here and in every forum post you decide to type your worthless comments on just to be a contrarian who adds 0 value to the discussion at hand

stop being so #*!%ing cringe please

5 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

you are literally missing the point here and in every forum post you decide to type your worthless comments on just to be a contrarian who adds 0 value to the discussion at hand

stop being so #*!%ing cringe please

I already do steel path with gyre....so people are saying things that aren't true. 

It's ok if they personally can't handle Gyre, but that doesn't make the frame worthless.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I already do steel path with gyre....so people are saying things that aren't true. 

It's ok if they personally can't handle Gyre, but that doesn't make the frame worthless.

again literally not the point, if you're just going to be obtuse on purpose please just leave

23 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

again literally not the point, if you're just going to be obtuse on purpose please just leave

Unairu strips armor in an AOE. The other person said electric is weak against grineer. 

Telling people the game's mechanics isn't being obtuse.

Welcome to a public forum. Go make a private discord if you need an echo chamber.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Unairu strips armor in an AOE. The other person said electric is weak against grineer. 

Telling people the game's mechanics isn't being obtuse.

Welcome to a public forum. Go make a private discord if you need an echo chamber.

no one asked you to explain game mechanics, there is no echo chamber here, don't know why you're trying to bring that up but I guess you prefer to talk about things irrelevant to the topic. good job!

I have noticed as well the latest warframes released have been somewhat underwhelming, and, this is just my bias here, I feel Yareli is the worst out of the lot.

I can take her to sp survival 1h+ just fine but god do her abilities suck. Not just that, but the BUGS. I've heard from some people here apparently that they've never encountered them or that they've been patched but I still experience them, in solo and pubs (more prevalent in pubs).

before they do anything, they need to fix the hitbox issue she has while riding merulina. I actually quite enjoy kdrives, but hitting her head on a door frame and killing all momentum kinda sucks.

Imo, Yareli's 4 doesn't need a damage buff. But Riptide should be a cast-recast ability. Cast to create a water vortex that lasts for x seconds sucking enemies in, recast to throw enemies downwards.

Her 1 is her worst ability. Should be changed to an armor/shield strip. it should surround yareli wherever she goes and hones in on nearby enemies. kinda odd to me in its current state, if it doesn't hone in on an enemy it just... stays there until someone walks close enough to it

her 3 is... a little underwhelming. I use K nukor + viral so it's useful... I guess (doesn't really make a difference). good for star chart trash but that shouldn't be its prime purpose (and SC dies to anything anyway), maybe have it scale with melee mods.

I'm just so tired of abilities not scaling. DE is so afraid of adding it to abilities that REALLY need it, god knows why. 

12 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

I have noticed as well the latest warframes released have been somewhat underwhelming, and, this is just my bias here, I feel Yareli is the worst out of the lot.

I can take her to sp survival 1h+ just fine but god do her abilities suck. Not just that, but the BUGS. I've heard from some people here apparently that they've never encountered them or that they've been patched but I still experience them, in solo and pubs (more prevalent in pubs).

before they do anything, they need to fix the hitbox issue she has while riding merulina. I actually quite enjoy kdrives, but hitting her head on a door frame and killing all momentum kinda sucks.

Imo, Yareli's 4 doesn't need a damage buff. But Riptide should be a cast-recast ability. Cast to create a water vortex that lasts for x seconds sucking enemies in, recast to throw enemies downwards.

Her 1 is her worst ability. Should be changed to an armor/shield strip. it should surround yareli wherever she goes and hones in on nearby enemies. kinda odd to me in its current state, if it doesn't hone in on an enemy it just... stays there until someone walks close enough to it

her 3 is... a little underwhelming. I use K nukor + viral so it's useful... I guess (doesn't really make a difference). good for star chart trash but that shouldn't be its prime purpose (and SC dies to anything anyway), maybe have it scale with melee mods.

I'm just so tired of abilities not scaling. DE is so afraid of adding it to abilities that REALLY need it, god knows why. 

Because they want you to bring a teammate into the fight.

People can solo the entire game, already. There's no need for every frame to scale. 

If you want scaling and armor stripping, bring a friend that does, or you play as the armor stripping frame and let a teammate play as Yareli. 

There's once again, also Unairu. And there are many ways to group enemies together as well.

This is called coordination.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

There's no need for every frame to scale. 

I disagree with your take. all frames should scale or have some form of scaling mechanic (nidus passive for example) so they feel good to use in higher level content. I'm not asking for say, damage abilities to still one-shot in SP, but they should at least do what they were meant to do instead of hitting like a wet noodle (hydroid 4 for example).

again, madurai, I literally didn't ask for alternative game mechanics that everyone and their mother knows, it is just my critique of an objectively underwhelming frame that I enjoy. I can take unairu and armor strip and make hydroid look as strong as wukong or subsume gloom (bandaid btw) onto any warframe and suddenly gain godmode but that literally isn't the point I am making. the frame itself is weak, has underwhelming abilities compared to their counterparts and the payoff from the investment made into said frame pales in comparison to other frames with similar investment.

idk why this is so hard for you to understand. discussion adds value, yes, but you're literally just bringing noise to the table. 

55 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Because they want you to bring a teammate into the fight.

People can solo the entire game, already. There's no need for every frame to scale. 

If you want scaling and armor stripping, bring a friend that does, or you play as the armor stripping frame and let a teammate play as Yareli. 

There's once again, also Unairu. And there are many ways to group enemies together as well.

This is called coordination.

Not everyone has arcane energize, some people run Zenurik...

23 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I play for fun. 

It isnt even about that. I'm not even comparing her weakness to complete top tier frames. Like, uhm, I used Volt as an example, he's good, but not really top tier for anything, just as I used Banshee as an example aswell. Yet you stretch it to this being about Saryn vs Gyre to show her weakness. We have other great frames out there that Gyre doesnt even come close to due to her weak kit, like Protea, Vauban, Garuda, Ember, Lavos, Xaku and others. All frames with kits that are actually worth using no matter the level because they do something that benefits you even as you rely more and more on weapons.

38 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It isnt even about that. I'm not even comparing her weakness to complete top tier frames. Like, uhm, I used Volt as an example, he's good, but not really top tier for anything, just as I used Banshee as an example aswell. Yet you stretch it to this being about Saryn vs Gyre to show her weakness. We have other great frames out there that Gyre doesnt even come close to due to her weak kit, like Protea, Vauban, Garuda, Ember, Lavos, Xaku and others. All frames with kits that are actually worth using no matter the level because they do something that benefits you even as you rely more and more on weapons.

You don't "rely" on weapons. They are also a part of your kit. 

Your kit is actually an Operator, your gear wheel, 2 guns and a sword, your warframe, and 3 slots in a mission where 3 other players with their own Operator, gear wheel, 2 guns and a sword and their own warframes all help each other out.

You are actually supposed to struggle if you expect to solo any high level mission. 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Your kit is actually an Operator, your gear wheel, 2 guns and a sword, your warframe, and 3 slots in a mission where 3 other players with their own Operator, gear wheel, 2 guns and a sword and their own warframes all help each other out. 

that... that is a loadout. not a kit. kit refers to a Warframe's 4 abilities + passive.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Nope, still optional because you don't need those mods to run regular missions on the star chart. ;)

You don't need a lot of anything to run stuff on the star chart.

You don't NEED to do anything.

But this is a live service game where the entire point is 'make number go up.' So, you can be as pedantic as you want about what's 'needed'; most players are going to view those arcanes as something they want to get. They have made Steel Path relevant in a way that it wasn't before, when the rewards were previously cosmetic/bragging rights.

So long as that remains the case, how things scale into SP is pretty relevant.

Archived