Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Cascade needs a total overhaul

(PSN)shiwan8

Imagine a mission that has 2 objectives, one is clear and one is hidden with you having exactly no possible way to use any sort of logic, skill etc. to complete the later. Add a ridiculously tight time constraint. That’s void cascade. It’s just incredibly bad. 

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

uhhhhhh

i've played Zariman Missions many times, i don't know of any "secret Objective". everything made sense the first time i did the Mission, idunno. it's really a Variant of Survival, i'm sure you've played Survival before.

Yes, defend 4 balls, kill a thing that may or may not be on the map. 1st part is fine. No problem. The second part is absolute bs. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

Imagine a mission that has 2 objectives, one is clear and one is hidden with you having exactly no possible way to use any sort of logic, skill etc. to complete the later. Add a ridiculously tight time constraint. That’s void cascade. It’s just incredibly bad. 

What do you mean? Cascade is the best game mode since Disruption.

Jump in the bubble, destroy the fissures, attack the exolizer, kill the dude, repeat. If you need to increase your control, kill fools in the bubble. Also, Quinn is repeating hint all the time during the mission.

What's illogical about that?

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Jump in the bubble, destroy the fissures, attack the exolizer, kill the dude, repeat. If you need to increase your control, kill fools in the bubble. Also, Quinn is repeating hint all the time during the mission.

What's illogical about that?

Nothing. That is the mission part that is logical. The rest is absolute bs. That is why there has to be a total overhaul..

Look, the whole thing is a joke. You have to repeat the missions that give you nothing of use, your faction points come from things you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to find enough of, all the gear you have to make requires insane amount of materials none of which are farmable in any relevant speed. This mission is just one thing wrong with the whole.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

Nothing. That is the mission part that is logical. The rest is absolute bs. That is why there has to be a total overhaul..

What part is bs? I am starting to think you are trolling. I honestly don't understand what you mean. Please, explain what exactly is the problem.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

You have to repeat the missions that give you nothing of use,

You mean the missions that give you number of very good new arcanes, access to the incarnon weapons, are a very good focus farm, give you either endo, relics, lenses or rare parts for the new weapons? 

26 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

faction points come from things you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to find

You do have to get few of those low tier ones at the begining to increase your rank, true, but you really want to explore the ship at the begining anyways. Otherwise you must do bounties. Quills are the best source of standing.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

requires insane amount of materials none of which are farmable in any relevant speed

I don't agree, but that is different from person to person. For me the balance is right, but I understand, if it's not right for you.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

You have to repeat the missions that give you nothing of use, your faction points come from things you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to find enough of, all the gear you have to make requires insane amount of materials none of which are farmable in any relevant speed. This mission is just one thing wrong with the whole.

as just aforementioned...
the Missions that give you literally everything that was added with the Zariman update? yeah, lots of nothing.
finding Syndicate Tokens is a skill you have the opportunity to get better at the more familiar with the game you are. that's uh, the point. explore and learn the Tileset. it's just getting you to see all of the stuff that they made for the Update. "look at our cool Art".

Lanthorns will be, well, Rare, but they're classified as such so i mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bring a Nekros/Khora or Ivara in your Squad if you want to grind those Drops really hard.

I haven't found any major issue with the mission except for it being somewhat overwhelming. Operator mode is still a little bit buggy and constantly swapping between warframe and operator is somewhat annoying but other than that...

The only part i find worthy of overhaul is improving feedback that the player must kill the ghost above the exoliser after sealing the void breaches and maybe reducing tankiness of Arthrax enemies somewhat. Which mostly comes from that annoying eximus overguard which becomes ridiculous with enemy scaling.

Hey, DE, where's my "void damage counters overguard to S#&$" feature?
No, +50% extra damage is NOT it. Do you even play your own game? My strongest amp deals same amount of DPS as a gun with 2 mods.

your faction points come from things you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to find enough of

The void feathers should be given to the entire party when one player picks them up.  As it stands, it leads to a crowded UI for the one player actually doing the objective and a whole lot of backtracking.  It breeds ill will in its current state.

There are a few reasons why I hate doing Zariman missions in a group.  This is one.  Another would be the real likelihood of losing all my rewards due to the host migration from the EXTRACT button that DE handily placed on the elevator to let impatient hosts completely ruin everyone else's experience.  But I digress.

2 hours ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

Look, the whole thing is a joke. You have to repeat the missions that give you nothing of use, your faction points come from things you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to find enough of, all the gear you have to make requires insane amount of materials none of which are farmable in any relevant speed. This mission is just one thing wrong with the whole.

so there's nothing actually wrong with the gamemode and you're just seething over the progression system. if you'd just tried googling how to get through it more efficiently instead of redirecting your gamer rage to something completely irrelevant, you'd probably be less frustrated, but here we are. cry about it

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

2 hours ago, Cerikus said:

You mean the missions that give you number of very good new arcanes, access to the incarnon weapons, are a very good focus farm, give you either endo, relics, lenses or rare parts for the new weapons? 

Agree I don't do zarimin only cause I have what I want now but the game mode is very rewarding and definitely on par or better than disruption.

35 minutes ago, Ryuujou. said:
3 hours ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

so there's nothing actually wrong with the gamemode and you're just seething over the progression system. if you'd just tried googling how to get through it more efficiently instead of redirecting your gamer rage to something completely irrelevant, you'd probably be less frustrated, but here we are. cry about it

Classic, idk how this game mode works and i'm mad. so i'm going to rant in the forums over this "horrible" game mode with no good reasons what so ever. 

Like Ryuujo said Google the game mode and look at some info so you understand how it works.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

as just aforementioned...
the Missions that give you literally everything that was added with the Zariman update? yeah, lots of nothing.
finding Syndicate Tokens is a skill you have the opportunity to get better at the more familiar with the game you are. that's uh, the point. explore and learn the Tileset. it's just getting you to see all of the stuff that they made for the Update. "look at our cool Art".

Lanthorns will be, well, Rare, but they're classified as such so i mean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bring a Nekros/Khora or Ivara in your Squad if you want to grind those Drops really hard.

Really? Standing comes from luck based stuff, not from the mission. The mission itself does nothing. There is no skill involved. The game does not even register the bounties done in nw. It’s useless.

It’s based on pure luck. The mission does not end after the 4 whatevertheyarecalled are handled.

No, extraction opens up after 4 exolizers. But you have to make sure they deplete completely. Maybe you just left them alone and they became possessed? Because when they do, they will stop depleting. And of course the bounty objective needs to be completed. If the bounty requires to use more exolizers then it won't finish after 4, obviously.

The mission does not end after the 4 whatevertheyarecalled are handled.

Its called an endless mission just like disruption, defence, and survival.

7 minutes ago, Genitive said:

No, extraction opens up after 4 exolizers. But you have to make sure they deplete completely. Maybe you just left them alone and they became possessed? Because when they do, they will stop depleting. And of course the bounty objective needs to be completed. If the bounty requires to use more exolizers then it won't finish after 4, obviously.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

Standing comes from luck based stuff, not from the mission. The mission itself does nothing. There is no skill involved. The game does not even register the bounties done in nw. It’s useless.

not really Again try looking up info BEFORE complaining. besides if your farming for standing you shouldn't be even playing cascade but exterminate.

8-10 plumes per mission plus one from the void angel and your guaranteed one crest per mission, yes the the others are random you, BUT can now BUY plumes from archimedean yonda every 8 hours.

Also it doesn't help you haven't mention a Single thing you would change "if" it would be reworked so all you done is said its bad no skill no rewards ect... 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Cascade

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Voidplume

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Archimedean_Yonta

Really? Standing comes from luck based stuff, not from the mission. The mission itself does nothing. There is no skill involved. The game does not even register the bounties done in nw. It’s useless.

Facts:

- running the mission itself (no bounty) will open extraction after 4 exolizers are spent (100% deterministic)
- 4 exolizers = 1 round = 1 rotation - AABC as the rest of the game (100% deterministic)
- If you pick a bounty in Cascade the extraction opens after you fulfill the bounty requirements (100% deterministic)

- Standing comes from Voidplumes.
- Downs, Vanes and Crests can be found in a mission. There is always 8 of them. (100% deterministic)
- In mission there is ALWAYS at least 1 Crest, 2 Vanes and 5 Downs. (100% deterministic)
- Quills are given upon completing bounty OR if you find the acolade and give it to the Cephalon. (100% deterministic)
- Pinions come only from killing Angels. (100% deterministic)

My experience:
- the mission does involve skill, if you want to get to rotation C, especially if you are doing the Steel path farm or if Cascade bounty is the level 5.
- the bounty just registered for me in NW
- I have already collected dozens of arcanes, few lenses, many relics, mountains of resources and progressed through the majority of the content and had a lot of fun.

If you stop being so negativistic, people would actually be glad to help and explain how it works :)

6 hours ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

Really? Standing comes from luck based stuff, not from the mission.

incorrect.

the Syndicate Tokens are always there, and just like the Syndicate Misisons we've have for Years, there's a guaranteed minimum you'll get from those.
plus Void Angels always drop one high Tier, and handing in those Orokin Key things to the Education Terminal always drops one high Tier.

plus as aforementioned, you can Buy them in the Relay too, if you're a bit short on some type when you go to try and use some.

7 hours ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

The game does not even register the bounties done in nw. It’s useless.

if really so, that'd be an unfortunate Bug but doesn't reflect on the Zariman Missions.

the Zariman update is such a great experience for Content, contrary to your opinion. i'm very satisfied, i can play as much or as little as i want, and the focus is about playing the game over not. that's what i want games to be about. 

well congrats, by pure coincidence, in the near future other People will be able to carry you and pickup the Syndicate Tokens for you, if you really have a vendetta against becoming familiar with Tilesets and improving your Navigational skills :)

On 2022-08-16 at 2:35 PM, Genitive said:

I don't think any overhaul is needed. The objectives aren't difficult to follow.

Cool, that’s you. Some of us don’t think like DE does. I’m old school, I don’t have a problem with not having a nav point on objectives. The objectives in these are vagues af. Basics are fine. In this particular case there was an added ”kill a thing” but there wa no hint on where that thing was, what it looked like and so on. So, a total overhaul is needed. Not that this thing could not be made clearer to fix the easily. It’s needed because DE has to learn to be clear on what it wants us to do, exactly.

On 2022-08-16 at 8:51 PM, killerKronos23 said:

Its called an endless mission just like disruption, defence, and survival.

not really Again try looking up info BEFORE complaining. besides if your farming for standing you shouldn't be even playing cascade but exterminate.

8-10 plumes per mission plus one from the void angel and your guaranteed one crest per mission, yes the the others are random you, BUT can now BUY plumes from archimedean yonda every 8 hours.

Also it doesn't help you haven't mention a Single thing you would change "if" it would be reworked so all you done is said its bad no skill no rewards ect... 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Cascade

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Voidplume

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Archimedean_Yonta

Yes. I know. That’s not the problem.

I did, does not solve the issue and to be honest I should not have to rely on others to solve an issue in a game that is exactly and nothing more than a grindfest.

8-10 is ridiculously low compared to the effort.

I would make it clear what the mission wants me to do. That means bounties too. It’s not like there would be a point in playing any of that as straight missions.

On 2022-08-16 at 9:32 PM, Cerikus said:

Facts:

- running the mission itself (no bounty) will open extraction after 4 exolizers are spent (100% deterministic)
- 4 exolizers = 1 round = 1 rotation - AABC as the rest of the game (100% deterministic)
- If you pick a bounty in Cascade the extraction opens after you fulfill the bounty requirements (100% deterministic)

- Standing comes from Voidplumes.
- Downs, Vanes and Crests can be found in a mission. There is always 8 of them. (100% deterministic)
- In mission there is ALWAYS at least 1 Crest, 2 Vanes and 5 Downs. (100% deterministic)
- Quills are given upon completing bounty OR if you find the acolade and give it to the Cephalon. (100% deterministic)
- Pinions come only from killing Angels. (100% deterministic)

My experience:
- the mission does involve skill, if you want to get to rotation C, especially if you are doing the Steel path farm or if Cascade bounty is the level 5.
- the bounty just registered for me in NW
- I have already collected dozens of arcanes, few lenses, many relics, mountains of resources and progressed through the majority of the content and had a lot of fun.

If you stop being so negativistic, people would actually be glad to help and explain how it works :)

Yes.

True, which is fine if the objective is clear which it may or may not be.

Yes, the rewards are ridiculously low.

Your experience ≠ everyones’s experience. 

How do you say ”this is absolutely useless and has to be fixed” in a positive way?

On 2022-08-17 at 11:54 PM, taiiat said:

well congrats, by pure coincidence, in the near future other People will be able to carry you and pickup the Syndicate Tokens for you, if you really have a vendetta against becoming familiar with Tilesets and improving your Navigational skills :)

Nothing even remotely suggests that. What makes you think so?

Archived