Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weren't there supposed to be other frames buff aside the starters?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, cute_moth.npc said:

I do remember him talking about wanting to adjust Grendel but being nervous because he would be easy to make too overpowered, so I think he is somewhere in the process of figuring out how to get that done.

I seem to remember him mentioning that they're going to make changes over time to several warframes but it may be in a few years.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Silver1593:

Still no inaros rework 🌧  but we got the fat thing reworked yeeey , people still not gonna play with that

Grendel's issue is, that he is not versatile, has no useful niche and is available at a point in the game when the player already has access to some  absolute powerhouses. He is for lategame players but brings nothing the table for them.

His first three abilities can only be used while being somewhat immobilized. 

When using his 1, the only usage I can see is taking strong enemies out of the game until you got rid of the small ones. Only issue now is, that Eximus are immune to CC and there are many far better CC abilities. And consuming many enemies drains too much energy with no decent payback (at his armor level 50 armor does bloody nothing, we need an armor rework to make it useful) It either needs to do something neither abilities nor weapons can do and that something must not be a stupid gimmick. It would help already if he could consume Eximus and certain non boss enemies. 

The 2 should insta-kill the enemies in the belly no matter how powerful and cost Energy, give buffs, healing and bulk depending on the amount of enemies digested. He would have a special niche as a miniboss killer. What other frame does that?

His 3 should have some kind of extra effect, like CC or AoE poisoning/armor stripping, something to get rid of a larger amount of enemies.

His 4 should have better movement, some form of invincibility/damage reduction and perhaps be independent of what he ate.

I see why Pablo says, he is scared Grendel becomes too OP, but heck Warframe is a power fantasy, so a little OP is fine I think.

13 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

I dunno about bottom 5 but it was brought up that frames with armorstrip were having it buffed. 50% strip x2 being 100% strip now instead of 75%.

Yup.

This is going to make some frames very useful.
And Ember's subsume will be meta against grineer without a doubt.

GRENDEL:

21 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

When using his 1, the only usage I can see is taking strong enemies out of the game until you got rid of the small ones. Only issue now is, that Eximus are immune to CC and there are many far better CC abilities. And consuming many enemies drains too much energy

With Gourmand augment energy consumption for 1-3 abilities because very small (aka manageable).

24 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

His 4 should have better movement,

some form of invincibility/damage reduction and perhaps be independent of what he ate.

I see why Pablo says, he is scared Grendel becomes too OP, but heck Warframe is a power fantasy, so a little OP is fine I think.

His 4 should have built in Catapult. When using Catapult it shouldn't stuck in roll animation near walls.

Invisibility or damage reduction isn't necessary but they should look at energy economy of 4th. It's horrible. You can just stand, doing nothing and Pulverize will just drain 1/2 of energy (with Primed flow and some duration/efficiency). If Gourmand would work with Pulverize (Catapult costs HP, at 0 energy it still takes HP) and have static energy drain it would be fine.

And power of Pulverize is small. Here is my post about it:

At 101 level with 10 enemies Grendel's ball collision deals 44 000 damage. That's enough for weaker enemies. We can put some strength but it's detrimental for keeping Pulverize on for longer time*.

I would raise that to 60k-70k

On other hand Ground slams have much lower damage for some reasons. Same setup as above and you deal only 5500 damage. That's not enough to kill single Butcher. Damage should be at least same as with collision (44k at 10 enemies & 101 level; or 60-70k with my suggestion). I would say that it should be 2-3 times bigger as slams are much slower.

Damage can be affected by distance from earth (free falling, without Catapult's shoot). For example

- you are at 10 meter height. You will do {some damage based on old formula) * (1 + (10 / 10)). For 44 000 you will deal: 44 000 * 1.1 = 48 400

- for 20 meter height: 44 000 * 1.2 = 52 800

With Catapult it could increase damage by 0.5:

- at 10m height:  {old formula} * ((1 +  10 / 10) * 1.5). For 44 000 you will deal: 44 000 * 1.6 = 72 600

- at 20m height: 44 00 * 1.7 = 79 200

* You can reset energy drain to normal value via killing enemies inside. With more strength you do it faster. You want to reset energy drain at right time. I find ~100% for normal Starchart to be good.

Archived