Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy one shots in new missions

peq42

Fix that.

I've an Inaros, with 10k Health and 1k+ armor(80% damage reduction) theres NO WAY an enemy should be able to one shot me.

EDIT: it seems to have been a narmer elite lancer? I think. Its charged attack seems to have a high chance of landing a headshot? and that does WAY too much damage(even a body shot was doing 4000+)

1 hour ago, Savire510 said:

have you considered not getting hit

1 hour ago, elpeleq42 said:

I couldnt see the enemy, but judging by the explosion sound, it was an AOE. Quite hard to dodge an one shot AOE

There's an enemy that is doing about 14k damage in one shot. You can look up what killed you in your log and see how much damage it dealt. That's enough damage to one shot not just warframes but most objectives too. 

2 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

objectives should be scaled for the mission and should not be one shot.

However, we're so overpowered to begin with... I think we need to be one shot once in a while. Bring people's heads back down to earth and realize we actually CAN die....

The damage coming out of the any narmer unit that glows is pretty ridiculous at 14k for the one that killed me if you don't have shields up you are just dead, and so is any objective with less health than a static defence objective that can't spawn in the archon hunts.

Can't play a frame without shields solo in those missions right now because of it, and if you have a squad they're going to be dealing even more damage and I hope your squad likes rezzing you.

11 hours ago, elpeleq42 said:

I've an Inaros, with 10k Health and 1k+ armor(80% damage reduction) theres NO WAY an enemy should be able to one shot me.

I have Inaros with 6K Health and 400 Armor and No Such Thing Happened to me 👀.... I took some Damage but Nothing came Close to Killing me..

11 hours ago, elpeleq42 said:
11 hours ago, Savire510 said:

have you considered not getting hit

I couldnt see the enemy, but judging by the explosion sound, it was an AOE. Quite hard to dodge an one shot AOE

As a General Rule if Someone Tells you not get hit in Warframe.... Just Assume you are Being Trolled.... There's no Such Thing As Not Getting Hit In Warframe.... This Includes Going Invisible As Boreal Has Abilities that Knock You Over regardless of Where you Are....

8 hours ago, Faulcun said:

However, we're so overpowered to begin with... I think we need to be one shot once in a while. Bring people's heads back down to earth and realize we actually CAN die....

If you're Dying... Something is Wrong with your Build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

8 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Can't play a frame without shields solo in those missions right now because of it, and if you have a squad they're going to be dealing even more damage and I hope your squad likes rezzing you.

The Obvious Answer to this is Don't Play in Squads.... I mean DE is Making it Absolutely Clear that you Definitely Should not be Playing this Multiplayer Game with Other People so yeah.... Stop Resisting and just Do What DE wants you to Do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I have Inaros with 6K Health and 400 Armor and No Such Thing Happened to me 👀.... I took some Damage but Nothing came Close to Killing me..

<snip>

The Obvious Answer to this is Don't Play in Squads.... I mean DE is Making it Absolutely Clear that you Definitely Should not be Playing this Multiplayer Game with Other People so yeah.... Stop Resisting and just Do What DE wants you to Do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think something is causing the narmer glow blast the units can perform to scale in damage, kind of like the bug where if you destroyed a bombard rocket it would cause the damage  and range of it to scale infinitely until a bombard rocket destroyed at the beginning of the map could kill you at extraction. I've seen 14k, 20k, and 40k in logs from that specific ability when it's killed people but at the same time I've also been hit by it and not died so there's some sort of secret sauce involved.

I normally don't play in squads :D but even squadless this bug is annoying since it's a mission fail in archon hunts.

I can confirm being oneshoted too... no status effect involved, max health, max scarab armor with a steelfiber (max).

4 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Personnaly, after failing the mission a couple of time in a duo. I tried to SOLO it with Almost-Immortal-Inaros for teh sake of testing a few thing calmly :

-Does the boss is killable with middle-level weapons (Forma 3-4 weapon) or not ?

As I have finish the first combat phase, I'll say yes but IT IS BORING... not the usual boring but very boring.

-Does the global level of enemy are a problem ?

At first I'd say NO until got oneshoted with max health, Scarab armor at max with status-immunity augment... I look at with semlardeath log and found :

<RLanzinger> downed at 7,417 health by a level 146 Narmer Lancer using a PNWNarmerMaskPowerSuit
<RLanzinger> killed by 24,841 damage at 7,418 health from a level 146 Narmer Lancer using a PNWNarmerMaskPowerSuit

On 2022-09-08 at 7:04 AM, Lutesque said:

If you're Dying... Something is Wrong with your Build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

i disagree with that. Ive been using a glass cannon for years. If anybody should have died out there, its me. But I didnt.

I think people rely too heavily on their builds. Ive been saying since the beginning... frames like rhino and inaros make players bad. After so many years of relying on iron skin or 10k health you forget to look for real threats in a mission. Thats because there are no real threats in a mission because you cant die.

So fast forward to higher level enemies... all of a sudden death occurs and we dont know what to do. We forgot or never learned simple enemy threat assessment.

I see drones.. I focus on drones. I see ancients, I focus on ancients. I see bombards, I focus on bombards.

In this case.... I see random orange glowing enemies that look different... I focus on them cause in the back of my mind I know people are getting one shot from some enemy wearing some kind of armor.

Im not saying there isnt an issue here... maybe 14k damage isnt intentional, maybe it is at that level. Im sure we'll find out though. In the meantime, I think we all should play like we're afraid of getting one shot all the time.

15 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

i disagree with that. Ive been using a glass cannon for years. If anybody should have died out there, its me. But I didnt.

If you Say So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

I see drones.. I focus on drones. I see ancients, I focus on ancients. I see bombards, I focus on bombards.

Hey If you have Virtual Eyes in the back of Head them Good for you.... I'm not going to Take Responsibility For Dying to an Enemy I didn't See because I was Dealing With Yet another High Priority Target....

18 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

In this case.... I see random orange glowing enemies that look different... I focus on them cause in the back of my mind I know people are getting one shot from some enemy wearing some kind of armor.

Then get Wrecked by the Archon's Attack since you are no longer Looking at it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

In the meantime, I think we all should play like we're afraid of getting one shot all the time.

LoL... Why do you think Ivara is my Most Used Frame... LoL... 😝...

3 hours ago, Faulcun said:

I think people rely too heavily on their builds. Ive been saying since the beginning... frames like rhino and inaros make players bad. After so many years of relying on iron skin or 10k health you forget to look for real threats in a mission. Thats because there are no real threats in a mission because you cant die.

So fast forward to higher level enemies... all of a sudden death occurs and we dont know what to do. We forgot or never learned simple enemy threat assessment.

Im not saying there isnt an issue here... maybe 14k damage isnt intentional, maybe it is at that level. Im sure we'll find out though. In the meantime, I think we all should play like we're afraid of getting one shot all the time.

or maybe, just maybe, being one shot is just bad in general

I mean Inaros is literally a brick of health that barely constitutes a frame, so maybe you should just play something else. Maybe something with a shield, so you can't get one shot without toxin--which is all but 2 frames so you can't say you're being pigeon holed into a single option. You don't see anyone complaining that you can't bring Gyre into these missions, any one frame isn't meant to be able to do every missions without issues--that's the whole point of DE tweaking Wukong. It's great to have a favorite frame, but if you never switch to suit the situation then you are missing the point of the game.

On 2022-09-08 at 4:08 AM, Faulcun said:

It's nice to know that there are powerful enemies. It's not nice to randomly die... and fail mission. Even more at 5/10 waves.

Eximus units (at least some) ignore walls. I wouldn't be surprised if that Narmer thing were the same.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)M00n_Slippers said:

I mean Inaros is literally a brick of health that barely constitutes a frame, so maybe you should just play something else. Maybe something with a shield, so you can't get one shot without toxin--which is all but 2 frames so you can't say you're being pigeon holed into a single option. You don't see anyone complaining that you can't bring Gyre into these missions, any one frame isn't meant to be able to do every missions without issues--that's the whole point of DE tweaking Wukong. It's great to have a favorite frame, but if you never switch to suit the situation then you are missing the point of the game.

It happened with me too (probably same enemy/attack). I've been using Limbo with Catasis.

and it happened in the ~5/10 wave (slightly offtopic):

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1321444-defense-takes-too-long-change-from-10-to-5-waves/

18 hours ago, elpeleq42 said:

or maybe, just maybe, being one shot is just bad in general

Well, then that means you cant do missions with enemies over a certain level. Im not sure if you knew.... but when enemies reach a certain level.... they ALL one shot.

Or is the answer to just stick with lvl 50 max so we can all roflstomp through the missions and give ourselves congratulations at being the best warframe players around?

5 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Well, then that means you cant do missions with enemies over a certain level. Im not sure if you knew.... but when enemies reach a certain level.... they ALL one shot.

Or is the answer to just stick with lvl 50 max so we can all roflstomp through the missions and give ourselves congratulations at being the best warframe players around?

I can survive for over an hour on MOT, in steel path, easily tanking every enemy in there. Go sit in the corner

6 hours ago, Faulcun said:

We should congratulate people that uses "the best" builds found over internet or exploiting game in order to not get one-shoot?

On 2022-09-10 at 4:14 PM, elpeleq42 said:

I can survive for over an hour on MOT, in steel path, easily tanking every enemy in there. Go sit in the corner

Maybe you need to stay longer then. Pretty sure lvl 500 enemies will one shot most frames, and lvl 1000+ enemies will one shot you no matter what frame you are playing.

When you reach that point.... what do you do? Do you stop the mission because everything one shots you? Or do you consistently not reach that point because your weapons give out far before your health does?

I generally play squishy frames which obviously reach that OHK point much sooner than a tanky inaros or rhino.

My point is, you play a very different game when you know you can die instantly. Most players dont know how to do that because this game has no incentive to learn it from MR1 to L2. You just pick whatever meta build you can find on the internet and go to town. Those are the people im constantly having to pick up. Right now in warframe, the limits of the build tend to exceed the limits of the players. And I blame DE for that.

Im not saying there isnt a problem or that it shouldnt be fixed. Im just saying its not as big a deal as some people are making it out to be. Getting OHK isnt game breaking. You get back up and you fight harder.

8 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Maybe you need to stay longer then. Pretty sure lvl 500 enemies will one shot most frames, and lvl 1000+ enemies will one shot you no matter what frame you are playing.

When you reach that point.... what do you do? Do you stop the mission because everything one shots you?

That is the general purpose of endurance missions reaching that point, yes.

There is a complete and incomparable difference between getting instagibbed by random, unpredictable/untelegraphed damage from intended opposition levels meant for open combat and the same happening as the game's way of saying "You've been in here far too long, go touch grass."

Ostensibly curated content levels should not be down to either (lack of mis)fortune or abject disengagement with enemies. Most frames have shieldgate for that purpose - the normal gate function, not abusing it - while Nidus has Undying, leaving Inaros.
By process of elimination, in theory, nothing within pre-ordained content should be able to unavoidably, unpredictably oneshot through Inaros with, let's say, a standard maxed Vitality and Steel Fibre equipped. That beef should be sufficient to permit a reaction unless and until they give him some sort of health-gate analogue to shield-gating, or until his passive can be altered to actually function to permit self-revivals past Mercury.

Sadly, enemies have gotten their share of power creep over the updates too, so we get forced into that disengagement approach all too often.

On 2022-09-12 at 7:20 AM, TheLexiConArtist said:

That is the general purpose of endurance missions reaching that point, yes.

There is a complete and incomparable difference between getting instagibbed by random, unpredictable/untelegraphed damage from intended opposition levels meant for open combat and the same happening as the game's way of saying "You've been in here far too long, go touch grass."

Ostensibly curated content levels should not be down to either (lack of mis)fortune or abject disengagement with enemies. Most frames have shieldgate for that purpose - the normal gate function, not abusing it - while Nidus has Undying, leaving Inaros.
By process of elimination, in theory, nothing within pre-ordained content should be able to unavoidably, unpredictably oneshot through Inaros with, let's say, a standard maxed Vitality and Steel Fibre equipped. That beef should be sufficient to permit a reaction unless and until they give him some sort of health-gate analogue to shield-gating, or until his passive can be altered to actually function to permit self-revivals past Mercury.

Sadly, enemies have gotten their share of power creep over the updates too, so we get forced into that disengagement approach all too often.

So some people accept OHK as the limit, others choose to go further. I know theres people who have successfully maxed enemy level at 9999. Im not among that group, but ive seen over 1000 on a few occasions. Either way, I stand by my statement that the majority of players' builds far exceed the capabilities of the player. You have to make a conscious choice to reverse that. A perfect example are the grendel missions. A LOT of players struggled with that.

As Ive stated a few times now, I agree, there is probably a problem here that needs to be fixed. But the only reason we even know about it is because somebody's super armor inaros died and is really upset about it.

If im playing mag or nova or something, I never would have noticed. I would have died and been like oh ok, i need to step up my game a little bit. I must be playing slack. I put the blame on myself and start looking at what ive done wrong. Where as inaros, its DE's fault. Something must be wrong. No way my build should fail. Forget the fact that im probably standing around face tanking everything cause im relying on my build and never learned to....... dodge.

The closest thing to a one-shot without doing level cap strats that I know of is the demo bursa telegraphed spin attack at level 100 it can easily chunk away 75% of my Inaros' health in arbis. 

You can probably check your data logs to find out exactly what it was if you want but there might be other effects that are also coming into play such as a reduced armor modifier or getting viral procs on you, yes they increase the enemy damage on you just as they would for them. 

On 2022-09-07 at 8:06 PM, Solutha said:

Took 40k, very cool.

<Solutha> killed by 40,105 damage at 850 health from a level 147 Narmer Lancer using a PNWNarmerMaskPowerSuit

That narmer mask is quite destructive. It's hugely telegraphed but in the Archon sortie it's difficult to pick up.

The objective got blasted twice when I tried playing and between that and the sentient beams you really have to be on your toes. 

Archived