Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE nerf

Blaudari

While AoE nerf is a good thing, let's not forget that what made it popular is still here. Hordes of weak enemies and layers upon layers of grind.

I sincerely hope DE will move away from this to challenging and not-so-repetitive content.

4 minutes ago, Xaero said:

While AoE nerf is a good thing, let's not forget that what made it popular is still here. Hordes of weak enemies and layers upon layers of grind.

I sincerely hope DE will move away from this to challenging and not-so-repetitive content.

I do agree on that, it's good to nerf AoE but with the examples that was shown, i can understand. i don't think AoE actually got nerfed if anything. I think it just can't kill enemies through walls.
If that is the case, i can still do that with a weapon like "Probiscis Cernos", yes it reaches out & pulls in enemies but that alone doesn't always kill enemies & the explosion it does will kill enemies through walls.
People are just complaining that they can't stand in the corner using a ogris or brakk & kill enemies through the wall.
Went as far as to mass negative bomb review the game on steam because they're that upset. Why be civil when you can try to destroy the companies reputation on steam because your triggered over not having the easy life.

This didn't nerf AoE weapons though... DE nerfed ALL AMMO weapons

Have you heard of Energized Munitions, which makes any weapon have 4 times as much ammo, as long as you build a warframe with duration and efficiency, which is not hard.

That makes my kuva zarr go from 5 ammo to 20 ammo and 5 magazine to 20 magazine, meaning I have 40 ammo for my kuva zarr all of a sudden and 1 ammo pickup is 4 ammo...

A good AoE nerf would have been to just half the radius of the weapons so that the base kuva zarr goes from 7 meters to 3.5 meters that would also have nerfed firestorm and primed firestorm without having to change the mods...

2 minutes ago, Xaero said:

this. AOE being nerfed is just the first step.

there's this issue that has been plagueing warframe for a long time now, which is one of the things causing the insane grind and thus the rise of "high efficiency tactics" such as AOE afk spam.

DE wants you to spend X amount of time on average playing at a certain level of expertise to obtain an item.

some players will find a way to do it in under half the time through optimizing and using high efficiency tactics. 

this will lead to DE seeing numbers that are lower than they were aiming for, so for the next release they take this higher efficiency into account when calculating that X amount of time spent on obtaining the item.

now those efficiency tactics have become more mandatory than before, and the players who are NOT playing with high efficiency tactics are left with ridiculous goals.

so the players optimize even harder to bring the goal back down.

so DE increases the goal again

so the players optimize more

so DE increases the goal more

this has been going on for SEVERAL YEARS now. culminating in a playstyle where you could literally let the game play itself.

what i'd like to see is for DE to tweak the balance of the game so the best efficiency playstyle is to just... play and enjoy the game. no melee spam, no sitting in the corner spamming desecrate, no just triggering zenistar every X seconds, no infinitely holding down ignis wraith while sitting at the end of a hallway, no wukong/bramma. play the game, have fun. sure, there will always be some amount of optimizing especially at higher levels. think bringing frost or gara to a defense mission instead of ivara. but frost or gara don't trivialize the gameplay and they're not boring to play optimally, that's the key. 

when this game balance is in place, all drop rates should be re-balanced to fit with the new reward rate, since players will be investing A LOT more time into each run (i mean, exterminates have gone up by like... double with the AOE nerf alone) the drop rates will need to be higher as well. 

They didn't nerf AoE though. If they did, the Probiscis Cernos explosion wouldn't be able to kill enemies through walls. Even with the ammo, i have yet to find a problem. i'll run out of ammo for my Cernos but i still have my pistol. if the ammo was nerfed, i don't feel it because i always have a second weapon.

14分钟前 , Xaero 说:

The Zariman missions are just that, putting emphasis on killing thrax and parkour. Actually before that we have disruption as well.

1 hour ago, mahons said:

This didn't nerf AoE weapons though... DE nerfed ALL AMMO weapons

Really? Because my main primary was unchanged beyond getting more ammo per pickup and an increased headshot multiplier. Kinda hard to see that as a nerf.

4 minutes ago, Corvid said:

per pickup

This is the important part here. since they nerfed the amount of pickups you get and they nerfed it even more when playing in a full squad of 4, where before no matter how many people you played with enemies had a 70% chance to drop ammo (in a regular mission, open world was 80%), now with 4 people in a squad there is a 22.5% (Open world 37.5%) chance of getting an ammo drop. So unless you are playing this co-op MMO solo, it has been nerfed.

Just now, PhxRising123Prime said:

I agree. I have been playing the game long enough to get 2000 hrs and Mr 25 but just recently started posting and replying to content here. Wow, what a mistake.

Honestly half the posts here feel more like conspiracy theories than actual criticism

I'm really curious, what missions are people running out of ammo on? Because the main one I'm seeing is the Archon Hunt. Is there other missions that are calling for constant ammo drops? I've played a few SP relic missions and got low, but never had to switch out yet.

10 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I'm really curious, what missions are people running out of ammo on? Because the main one I'm seeing is the Archon Hunt. Is there other missions that are calling for constant ammo drops? I've played a few SP relic missions and got low, but never had to switch out yet.

People have yet to adapt and many people are likely not being cautious or strategic with their load outs so go in with ammo hungry weapons without sustain options built in.

Just gonna say... ammo mutation mods are a thing. People should learn to use them more... they offset a lot of the ammo economy issues just like they always have.

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

People have yet to adapt and many people are likely not being cautious or strategic with their load outs so go in with ammo hungry weapons without sustain options built in.

Just gonna say... ammo mutation mods are a thing. People should learn to use them more... they offset a lot of the ammo economy issues just like they always have.

I guess it's a growing pains thing then. And yeah, there are ammo mutation mods and Vigilante Supplies even gets you a lil crit boost.

10 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I'm not a Vauban user though... 🤔

They may not be a forum regular. We all know you're a Picard main.

Archived