Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Narmer consoles too hard

(PSN)Silver1593

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

I think narmer consoles need nerf like at least 3 or 4 points max . Today i failed 2 times the new rescue mission because of those consoles 

You're fighting with your left and right brain hemisphere, become one with the opposite of how you think normally. rlDUXk9.jpg

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

I think narmer consoles need nerf like at least 3 or 4 points max . Today i failed 2 times the new rescue mission because of those consoles 

I believe the difficulty is just about right. It's a matter of getting used to it from here (I mean, how often did you interact those Narmer consoles comparing to Corpus and Grineer ones, right?)

I find the the most difficult part about them is how severely you're punished if you miss the mark on a click. The time limit you're given at the start is pretty lengthy, but each click on blank space will eat a huge chunk out of that allowance. My advice is:

1) Spend the first few seconds identifying the layout of the puzzle: whether the reflection of the cursor is linear or angular, the positioning of the axis of symmetry, and the position of each marker.

2) Work on finishing one side of the mirror first, then the other. Switching sides rapidly can be very disorienting and end with you wasting time finding your bearings or causing a misclick.

3) Focus on precision over speed. Panic clicking can cost you dearly; you generally come out a head when you take a few moments to ensure your cursor positioning instead of absolutely rushing to each point.

1 hour ago, A5PECT said:

I find the the most difficult part about them is how severely you're punished if you miss the mark on a click. The time limit you're given at the start is pretty lengthy, but each click on blank space will eat a huge chunk out of that allowance. My advice is:

1) Spend the first few seconds identifying the layout of the puzzle: whether the reflection of the cursor is linear or angular, the positioning of the axis of symmetry, and the position of each marker.

2) Work on finishing one side of the mirror first, then the other. Switching sides rapidly can be very disorienting and end with you wasting time finding your bearings or causing a misclick.

3) Focus on precision over speed. Panic clicking can cost you dearly; you generally come out a head when you take a few moments to ensure your cursor positioning instead of absolutely rushing to each point.

^This, especially the third point. Takes a little practice, just as the standard hacking systems did when introduced. You'll crack it eventually.

They are worse with a controller than with a mouse. The Archon Hunt consoles are way overtuned for controllers. The Kahl mission ones are mostly fine but the Archon Hunt consoles have way to many nodes for controller users. This is especially so when you consider that the Narmer consoles are so infrequent people won't build up the muscle memory needed to reliably complete the Archon Hunt consoles using a controller.

Archived