Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe speculation: Joe mad's werewolf

(XBOX)Nightseid

21 hours ago, CypressEDF said:

I wanted it to be an actual werewolf for one, they have said themselves that's its more like a Shaman frame who uses wolf spirits...sorry that's not a werewolf.  And we have plenty of female frames that annihilate everything, for once I just wanted a male frame I could relate with that could do the same.  Fenrir was more of a werewolf, the current art from Joe Mad deserves its own unique theme like a hellhound, demon, monster necromancer or something darksiders like.  His art deserves better than this mess of themes and twisting of what werewolf fans wanted.  The physical manifestation of someone's inner beast through transformation is what makes a werewolf an actual werewolf.  It's a very masculine concept so the frame should be male or at least look masculine, not be looking like a succubus.  In short I expected an actual werewolf.

Fenrir art here:

https://twitter.com/anzuarden_art/status/1430582016186019844

To be clear. The wolf frame we are getting is not a werewolf. It is wolf-themed.

FXz3dpZVsAAOsmC?format=jpg&name=small

^ "Wolf-Inspired Warframe" not "Werewolf-Inspired Warframe"

On 2022-10-03 at 2:10 PM, ReddyDisco said:

Big boobs is an issue? it is not

baby crying GIF

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

To be clear. The wolf frame we are getting is not a werewolf. It is wolf-themed.

FXz3dpZVsAAOsmC?format=jpg&name=small

^ "Wolf-Inspired Warframe" not "Werewolf-Inspired Warframe"

I would be fine with this explanation if there wasn't a bait and switch going on.  They claim to want to satisfy those of us that want a werewolf, but are giving us a wolf themed frame that still fails at being wolf themed in its design.  DE is substituting what we said we wanted for something else.  I would be fine with the frame as a unique warframe, but their using it thinking it will satisfy the want for a werewolf, shoehorning a wolf frame onto that amazing design is a disservice to the quality of art.

22 hours ago, Leqesai said:

baby crying GIF

I'll admit to not following what's going on here, but this will explain my thoughts on the matter.

"when talking about representing a theme, this frame should be male, each frame's gender is symbolic of their theme, equinox for example is purely female, yet her night form is more feminine and her day form is more masculine just like the lore behind yin and yang.  So what you're representing a werewolf by theme, a feminine appearance doesn't make any sense, it feels disrespectful they gave our werewolf the Mesa treatment and turned our wolf into an overly busty erotic model. "

6 hours ago, ArkohnLock said:

Ok let's be real for a second guys.

First of all we need to incorporate 2 points in the thinking :

1. The Warframe is a female, therefore, we need a female sounding name. Either something that is feminin in its own language, or something that feels feminin enough
  2. The concept of the warframe. Yes, yes, it's a wolf, but no. It's not A wolf, it's 5 wolves. 5 heads and 5 tails, we need something that can take that into account in our concept

You completely skipped over #3 which is the part where Warframe doesn't have any frames starting with D, J, Q or U.  I would vote for a great name that was in that catagory.
I really think Dinihari is a good name.. It means dawn.

7 hours ago, ArkohnLock said:

Ok let's be real for a second guys.

First of all we need to incorporate 2 points in the thinking :

1. The Warframe is a female, therefore, we need a female sounding name. Either something that is feminin in its own language, or something that feels feminin enough
  2. The concept of the warframe. Yes, yes, it's a wolf, but no. It's not A wolf, it's 5 wolves. 5 heads and 5 tails, we need something that can take that into account in our concept

Frames are built around a concept (a deity, physics, a theme...) and the name of the warframe has to complement that. Either the name of said deity, or of something or someone that can represent this concept. (that's why i thing Sevagoth should have kept the name Wraith, but it's another topic)

Therefore what we really want would be something that makes sense with the concept but that also gives even more sense to the Warframe. Something that could give it a possible logical evolution through its powers and its alt skins and helmets.

Here, the concept is "Werewolf Warframe"... that's not really a creatively open concept imo, so we should give it a name that could expand this concept to something more fun and interresting.

Therefore, I have come up with an idea, take it or leave it, but that, I think, would be awesome and take into account all of the points explained above.

MANAGARM

So, why this name, where does it come from, what does it represent, and why do i think it's a good idea :

First, mythology : Managarm comes from the Nordic mythology and is the name given to the children of the wolf Fenrir and his wife Iarnvid. This pack, whose most proeminent members are Skoll and Hati have the goal to eat sun and moon at the Ragnarok before covering the sky in blood. (Metal as a concept i know)

Here we have many points already checked out : it's a name about wolves, with the bonus of it being attached to mythology, it's the name of a whole pack of wolves meaning it can totally be attached to a Warframe that has many wolves on herself, and it's not attached to 1 specific deity so that the Warframe can still evolve in any wolf-related concept

Second, representation : Managarm is attached to a pack of wolves whose goeal is litterally to destoy the sky in Northern Mythology, so it would be a destructive warframe, very agressive, just as its design. It's also a neutral name where a lot of other mythical wolves would be masculine (except for roman mythology but Lupa there is a motherly tender figure, not quite the design of the frame) as it represents a pack. Again, the idea of the pack of wolves is important because it, once again, compliments the design of the Warframe (that holds 5 wolves, i repeat myself a lot but it is to really make my points across). 

TLDR (or third, why) : To resume, Managarm is a neutral (kinda feminine) name of a Pack of Northern Mytholigical wolves whose goal is to turn the sky into blood, that's both metal and it goes along with the Warframe's design and concept.

It's not really a wolf frame, it's a Shaman who uses wolf spirits apparently.  Which feels kind forced to have a wolf theme.  Hellhound/darksiders type theme would work better.

On 2022-09-30 at 2:30 PM, (PSN)ZndZero said:

Cerberosa

She looks like Cerberus the Greek tree headed dog of the underworld  but she is a woman so its Rose at the end obviously 

I honestly feel like this has to be it. It's a multi headed wolf warframe.....

Anything else dosent fit at all. I know most are disappointed that the wolf frame isn't in the "traditional" design but I'm of the opinion that the approach they are taking is the way to it.

Plus the name also fits since we've gotten Styanax. Having 2 Greek inspired frames is pretty nice since we really haven't seen that many warframe pairings fit (Wukong/Nezha and Gauss/Grendel) 

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

What else would it be?

this is exactly why I don't want it to be a melee, soooo uninspired... most current melee frames are pretty boring imo

how about a pack leader support tank that summons wolf pack to fight, buff and heal or something ?

Just now, _Anise_ said:

this is exactly why I don't want it to be a melee, soooo uninspired...

how about a pack leader support tank that summons wolf pack to fight, buff and heal or something ?

So basically, a hybrid of Nekros, Rhino and a pocket trinity with a bunch of poorly rendered fur slapped onto it.

Nah :/

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

So basically, a hybrid of Nekros, Rhino and a pocket trinity with a bunch of poorly rendered fur slapped onto it.

I can do that with you too...

so basically you want the werewolf frame to be a Valkyr, Garuda, Atlas, Sethagoth

Na

I never asked for "bless" or ironskin so if you are done? I am fedup of frames coming without survivability, I want something I can actually take into steel path!! werewolves are know for having regeneration so wanting healing isn't entirely off theme!

I don't want "omg she has exaulted claws" because werewolf ... we already have that three times now, we don't need it again thanks.

Summoning a wolf pack sounds nice, but ultimately she is going to be somewhat a melee centric frame because ya know, the entire werewolf theme and such always relates to the concept of this.. barbaric brute raw strength melee combatant with tough skin and agility. I hope she's that. On top of the pack summoning too.

On that note, there is almost no way we can add something in this game without overlapping with other frames' abilities so I wouldn't be surprised if she has similarities to other frames.

No matter what her kit will be I just wish DE would make her a strong frame without having to nerf and such so she stays strong. I'm tired of getting another Gyre, Styanax, and Yareli. Why can't we have another Saryn level strong frame for once?

thanks for the response Az interesting feedback, don't you think a rhino also fits that description ? raw barbaric brute strength with tank like skin yet Rhino is not primarily a melee focused frame? though he does have a charge skill which kinda fits the theme and compliments melee without going all in on the melee thing.

so for exactly the reasons you say, people expected the raw strength melee combatant (with built in claw weapons again)  is why they should try something different for the werewolf.

so like the rhino exmaple and not saying any of this stuff should be the base for the new frame to be build on, nor am I saying this is good it's just an example....

if they add some kinda 4 legged transform/dash for speeding around, running along walls whatever for one maybe with a basic attack / pounce on melee.

a wolfpack/direwolf like summon ability

a regenerative buff dosn't necessary have to be a direct heal, maybe stacking health restored based on a small percentage of incoming base damage (this could even be part of the passive)

a defensive ability maybe some kind of enrage that boosts damage based on damage taken and converts the rest damage taken into a refreshing DOT against the wolfs health to spread incoming damage over time and give some survivability that the health restore can pad / recover

finally passive could be something like giving a bonus slash damage if you use claw based weapons? so it wouldn't need to be yet another exalted claws frame (the released concept does not have noticeable claws like weapons)

that basic example would be thematically werewolf with some melee support but without being shoehorned into being entirely a melee frame ?

Archived