Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo is useless now?

Mr.Z2907

In my opinion, Limbo needs abit more visual effect on enemies and allies being in the Rift. No one is saying that the old style needs to be restored.

Some form of noticeable highlight aura on objects being in the rift, current whitish odd energy is impossible to discern...

Maybe make it being Limbo's Energy color that highlights banished objects.

Anything that makes Limbo any more engaging is a good change in my book. Because in my 9000 hours of Warframe all I ever saw from Limbo players is click 4 and sit afk. They used to troll people more, now they can't do that too much.

Eximus ignoring your bubble is not bad when you realize your bubble stops 20 other enemies letting you have 1v1 fight against an Eximus. Which is not bad considering that any fully built weapons should have no struggles dealing with that Eximus. A lot of those weapons being able to one shot any Steel Path mission level Eximus (not talking about endurance, there you may need to prime and debuff and strip armor and stuff).

I think Limbo needs a small or a larger rework. His use case scenarios are very limited now.  He can do gimmicky things with the Helminth. But he should be more viable than he is. I would say Limbo or Hydroid should have the highest priority for a buff or rework.

On 2022-09-22 at 1:51 PM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Of course, you can use the operator with all these frames with no problem.

By the time Eximus units are a threat the operator is pretty useless on average. Sure, hit them with Void Strike and your operator is useful longer. But madurai is the only school that may help you against the overguard as far as I know. And VS has a long cool down. A fully modded weapon is going to be better than the amp 19 of 20 times.

Limbo needs some adjustments with the times. The simplest would be:

• Stasis - Eximus Units are now slowed down by 50% instead of ignoring it or being stopped. Eximus Units can still damage through Rift, but no longer Ignore it, thus can be banished in and out.
  • Cataclysm - No longer gets deactivated by Nullifier Bubble, but Nullifiers still ignore Rift and Cataclysm effects untill the Bubble is popped. The Bubble still may activate inside the Rift, whether or not it's Cataclysm or Banishment/Rift Surge, even under Stasis. Enemy Units inside Nullifier Bubble ignore Rift and effects of Cataclysm.

3 hours ago, No_Quarter said:

Eximus ignoring your bubble is not bad when you realize your bubble stops 20 other enemies letting you have 1v1 fight against an Eximus. Which is not bad considering that any fully built weapons should have no struggles dealing with that Eximus. A lot of those weapons being able to one shot any Steel Path mission level Eximus (not talking about endurance, there you may need to prime and debuff and strip armor and stuff).

One can probably kill those 20 enemies faster than Limbo locks them down. I do not see the benefit there.  I have not played yareli, but I think I would rather go 1vs20 + eximus with any other frame than limbo rather than 1v1 with limbo against eximus unit.

28 minutes ago, Frendh said:

One can probably kill those 20 enemies faster than Limbo locks them down. I do not see the benefit there.  I have not played yareli, but I think I would rather go 1vs20 + eximus with any other frame than limbo rather than 1v1 with limbo against eximus unit.

This is not a competitive game, people play at their own pace and at their own will. Someone likes to abuse the most broken nuke and others take more measured approach, while some won't kill much.

Because video games are about fun.

4 minutes ago, KVenom said:

Yeah, and being d$#ked around in every way is not fun. And Limbo kinda got d$#ked in terms of it's own speciality - CC

word you beeped out is exactly how most of the community would describe every Limbo player before he got nerfed.

CC works, just not on everyone. It's overpowered to do that and it's not too tall of a task to ask from Limbo players to use at least one hand while playing the video game and click buttons needed to one shot that eximus.

Только что, No_Quarter сказал:

word you beeped out is exactly how most of the community would describe every Limbo player before he got nerfed.

Limbo can still be a d$#k. He is now a mostly useless d$#k.

1 минуту назад, No_Quarter сказал:

. It's overpowered to do that

LMAO, and Nuking the map is not overpowered? Gee wiz, mister, let the poor guy do his job.

Il y a 3 heures, No_Quarter a dit :

Anything that makes Limbo any more engaging is a good change in my book. Because in my 9000 hours of Warframe all I ever saw from Limbo players is click 4 and sit afk. They used to troll people more, now they can't do that too much.

I mostly agree, but 2 things :

1) I actually rarely see Eximus that isolated, in high level missions it's not rare to actually have 2, 3, 4 or more Eximus unit at the same time.

2) Not all players actually have the modded weapons to deal with Eximus efficiently, but lot of Warframe offers tool that still work against them no matter the level. Limbo doesn't have any of those tool, when confronting an Eximus, no matter the level, it's the McGiver way, and so far that's the biggest problem : Limbo's kit sucks.

Just now, Legeno said:

Not all players actually have the modded weapons to deal with Eximus efficiently

this is actually false, everyone has that - all it takes is a melee that forces bleed on heavy attacks and few baseline mods - not a single primed mod is needed to one shot a Steel Path Eximus with your melee weapon. Rarest mod in there is Corrupt Charge....

Maybe it's more about people lacking ability to utilize their weapons and mods they have, on that I would agree.

2 minutes ago, Legeno said:

Limbo's kit sucks.

Limbo's kit always sucked imo. Overpowered and basically encouraging AFK plays and helping those people who work with RMT's to get some easy money without actually getting tools to have tas.

il y a 8 minutes, No_Quarter a dit :

it's not too tall of a task to ask from Limbo players to use at least one hand while playing the video game and click buttons needed to one shot that eximus.

I would agree if we didn't have Octavia in the game that is more busted than Limbo ever was at his prime with an even less engaging gameplay.

You don't even need a full hand, one finger is enough to destroy everything at every level. Alternatively, you can even use the beeped word to play Octavia, it will stil work perfectly.

Just now, Legeno said:

I would agree if we didn't have Octavia in the game that is more busted than Limbo ever was at his Prime with an even less engaging gameplay.

You don't even need a full hand, one finger is enough to destroy everything at every level. Alternatively, you can even use the beeped word to play Octavia, it will stil work perfectly.

I agree that some frames are just too braindead to play as you can use other hand to watch corn hub

this is actually false, everyone has that - all it takes is a melee that forces bleed on heavy attacks and few baseline mods - not a single primed mod is needed to one shot a Steel Path Eximus with your melee weapon. Rarest mod in there is Corrupt Charge....

Maybe it's more about people lacking ability to utilize their weapons and mods they have, on that I would agree.

The last part is truer, you are right. But overall Eximus are still hitting Limbo harder than most frame in the game because it doesn't change the fact that he has no tool against them that another frame doesn't have. I would even dare saying that melee is still at his disadvantage as he is still one of the most fragile Warframe in the game when the Rift is not here to protect his ass ... and Eximus don't give a S#&$ of is Rift. 

And don't get me wrong, I'm good with the fact that Limbo has a real threat and is not just about pressing 4, 2 and then afk in the middle of the rift for the next 30 seconds. But it's just that because he has very poor usefullness when he can't CC, he doesn't have any real purpose in the game right now. Limbo in a team is just not worth using compared to other defensives frames IMO.

Limbo's kit always sucked imo. Overpowered and basically encouraging AFK plays and helping those people who work with RMT's to get some easy money without actually getting tools to have tas.

Completly agree. Limbo need a hard rework and the first thing to do is dumping Stasis as it is now. Too broken and hard to balance ability.

Between the Eximus changes and ammo changes, so many of my old playstyles just feel inefficient and unfun these days, now I just use specific nuke frames or tanky/invincible frames with either melee or ammo support depending on the situation, options for fun and reasonable efficiency feel strongly reduced as compared to what they were before, they supposedly nerf things to increase diversity, I feel like the nerfs had the extreme opposite effect.

He has uses, but is significantly more redundant now. The lore explanation for eximus is that their abilities are somehow linked to the void similarly to our abilities, allowing them to pass through.
My explanation is DE forgot limbo exists again, and just said screw it, its cannon now.

Limbo can use the rift in the majority of the same ways, just fixate on the eximus units and you should be fine. (which if we're being honest, entirely downplays their whole rework, as now a limbo will kill them before they can even breath)

I just want DE to rework limbo, most of his abilities are just moving enemies in/out of the rift. Apart from stasis, none of his abilities actually affect the rift.

Making eximus cc immune hurts frames that rely on cc as their main form of survival. IMO It limits build diversity and frame choice when priority targets on are totally invulnerable to a kits key features. Why even consider a cc frame when invisibility, invulnerability, and dps does the job better? 

A lot of players say it's totally fine and encourages meaningful game play but if eximus were immune to all abilities and not just cc there would be problems. Everyone would be freaking tf out not just people that main cc frames. 

Whatever, it is what it is. Dump a fistful of frames in the bin and call it progress. 

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

He has uses, but is significantly more redundant now. The lore explanation for eximus is that their abilities are somehow linked to the void similarly to our abilities, allowing them to pass through.
My explanation is DE forgot limbo exists again, and just said screw it, its cannon now.

Limbo can use the rift in the majority of the same ways, just fixate on the eximus units and you should be fine. (which if we're being honest, entirely downplays their whole rework, as now a limbo will kill them before they can even breath)

I just want DE to rework limbo, most of his abilities are just moving enemies in/out of the rift. Apart from stasis, none of his abilities actually affect the rift.

someone already said it before. limbo has 2 abilities that do practically the same thing and 2 abilities that do nothing until a condition is met which is "while in the rift". this is enough reason for his kit to get a rework.

21 hours ago, Legeno said:

1) I actually rarely see Eximus that isolated, in high level missions it's not rare to actually have 2, 3, 4 or more Eximus unit at the same time.

Yeah, this is more of a reality.  I am guessing 1 eximus stops being a thing after 5 rotations or so. Then again, I have no idea how many players actually stay that long.

21 hours ago, Legeno said:

2) Not all players actually have the modded weapons to deal with Eximus efficiently, but lot of Warframe offers tool that still work against them no matter the level. Limbo doesn't have any of those tool, when confronting an Eximus, no matter the level, it's the McGiver way, and so far that's the biggest problem : Limbo's kit sucks.

Good point.

21 hours ago, No_Quarter said:

You said it yourself. "Video games are about fun." Just because a mod is easily available does not mean that a player at that stage has the knowledge. It would have to be a player who does not want to progress on his own and asks for pre-made solutions.  Majority of the other type of players will not have what is needed or know how to utilize what he has.

Limbo is at a large disadvantage compared to other frames I can think of. Sure, you can still use him for spy and what not.  But if you are at a stage where you pick him for spy missions, there are faster alternatives and Limbo would not be a good enough choice.

3 hours ago, Frendh said:

there are faster alternatives and Limbo would not be a good enough choice.

Not everyone uses the same system to value things they feel like playing with. Limbo still has god mode, literal Cheat Engine feature.

Just because Wukong is somehow even more braindead to play it does not mean that everyone values that. If speed is the only argument then you must play Titania like 60% of the time as she can move at Mach 1 with ease. Why would you use any slower frames? That's a rhetorical question pointing out a rather huge flaw in a way you rate a frame. Game is not a competitive game, time to end mission does not count anywhere nor anyone cares.

3 hours ago, Frendh said:

Just because a mod is easily available does not mean that a player at that stage has the knowledge

That's an argument for what? You are supposed to use your loadout to tackle the task in front of you, I do not think DE should make things OP without mods just because joe1234 does not want to try and see how mods work out for him.

Point is that everyone has the power from very, VERY early on. Deimos is where you access corrupted mods, equilibrium, synth mods are on venus -so power and infinite energy are at your disposal.

But because people are unable to use creativity and trial and error to figure things out - DE should change something? I'm just trying to realize your point there, you are quite vague.....

If Limbo ignores Eximus enemies then DE has to change other frames as well, why would Eximus ignore Strangledome? Same argument, Limbo is not in a vacuum - Khora, Nova, Vauban, many have the same issue. But I think issue is that players are just too lazy and rely on broken things to do missions for them. Because you certainly have tools to easily deal with everything.

Cause that's how it sounds "oh no, I can't 4 and sit afk for 3 minutes to auto-complete mission - now I am FORCED to actually play and learn to build and engage with the game and all of it's systems". Because in all your vagueness, you may sound like you are advocating for that, that people should be able to do nothing and get rewarded for it.

Or that for some reason Limbo should be stronger than any other CC frames and abilities?

Things that reward players for doing nothing only help people who are working on black market and RMT's. Advocating for those things in game is basically advocating for black market to exist and for more people to get into it.

Being "forced" to click one LMB to one shot that Eximus, or God forbid click it 3 times for 3 enemies - it's really a rough thing to propose without sounding like a joke.... no offense

Archived