Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hot take but i dont like Kahl missions

Ruwr

You almost did well by giving us the oppertunity this week to Backtrack for the collectibles.
The only detail you guys forgot is the fact that Most collectibles are hidden under destructable objects
And you took away our Army men that can destroy these things
Im fuming for week 3 in a row, I really dont like these mission. Not one single bit
And i hate that i have to do Grineer Frame for an extra Archon shard every Week/Biweekly
This isn't the content, Please learn.
Please listen
We give you all the answers
All you gotta is listen.

Oh and another quick tip
Dont put damn collectibles on the Extract Point

Thanks.

There are definitely issues with then, but nothing that can't be fixed with some extra polish so i assume we'll get some of that eventually.
I don't like the collectable hunt either to be honest. 3 attempts and i'm yet to see even a HINT of Khal's floof. Have no idea how it even looks like.

There's potential here, but we need polish, polish aaaaand more polish.

Not really a hot take, I haven't heard of anyone who likes the Kahl missions.

But the missions themselves are (imo) actually alright, it's the scavenger hunt everyone hates. Being forced to search EVERY crevice of the map for hidden items, which adds nothing to experience but anger and frustration.

Also stating that the challenges are made cumulative, and then not doing it it just plain awful and really drives to piss people of.

4 minutes ago, DenGraaSumpPirat said:

I like them. They're not the best thing since sliced bread by any means, but they're fun and somewhat different. I worry that they're going to get stale quickly, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Part of the problem is people like me who think the missions are OK have very little reason to post about them. Dislike is a much better motivator for that.

4 minutes ago, DenGraaSumpPirat said:

Also stating that the challenges are made cumulative, and then not doing it it just plain awful and really drives to piss people of.

They said that they were working to make them cumulative (which is a good idea). I never saw anything that promised it for this hotfx.

I'd probably like the Kahl minigame more if it didn't hard gate half your total Archon Shard progress, instead it feels like having to take the trash out to the curb once a week. Players should be able to choose Kahl minigame or Archon boss to grind their two shards per week. Choosing how to grind is why this game works, forcing a path does not.

4 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

I worry that they're going to get stale quickly, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Being that there are only 3 different mission, and one of them was the quest mission, my bet is that they got stale as soon as you finished the "Prison Break" rehash mission.

From now on we can just try to beat our best time, except we have to drag around searching for "stuff".

1 hour ago, drnlmza said:

I worry that they're going to get stale quickly, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Being that there are only 3 different mission, and one of them was the quest mission, my bet is that they got stale as soon as you finished the "Prison Break" rehash mission.

From now on we can just try to beat our best time, except we have to drag around searching for "stuff".

Edit:

1 hour ago, drnlmza said:

Part of the problem is people like me who think the missions are OK have very little reason to post about them. Dislike is a much better motivator for that.

I would think that they have plenty of metrics to see if people are enjoying the content, like:

YouTube commentary, player retention, lack of outrage, ect.. there is also information in what people don't say.

5 hours ago, DenGraaSumpPirat said:

But the missions themselves are (imo) actually alright, it's the scavenger hunt everyone hates. Being forced to search EVERY crevice of the map for hidden items, which adds nothing to experience but anger and frustration.

I love them, it feels like a more balanced version of warframe for when you want to think more than just running around like a lunatic spraying bullets without a care in the world. 

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I love them, it feels like a more balanced version of warframe for when you want to think more than just running around like a lunatic spraying bullets without a care in the world. 

And for me it's the opposite. I'm still spraying bullets like a lunatic as Kahl, I'm just forced to toddle around firmly on the ground. When all of the parkouring and super-powered things that Warframes can do gets removed, it really shows how generic the gameplay actually is.

And the weapons are still overpowered when we're fighting paper enemies anyways. Really makes me wonder how the star chart fell to Narmer, if a basic guy like Kahl can still become a one-man army

Il y a 21 heures, Ruwr a dit :

You almost did well by giving us the oppertunity this week to Backtrack for the collectibles.
The only detail you guys forgot is the fact that Most collectibles are hidden under destructable objects
And you took away our Army men that can destroy these things
Im fuming for week 3 in a row, I really dont like these mission. Not one single bit
And i hate that i have to do Grineer Frame for an extra Archon shard every Week/Biweekly
This isn't the content, Please learn.
Please listen
We give you all the answers
All you gotta is listen.

Oh and another quick tip
Dont put damn collectibles on the Extract Point

Thanks.

Same, maps are big, character is slow, gameplay is slow, treasure hunt isn't really fun to me. (I also don't care about any of the two characters involved in this gamemode, so that doesn't help at all). The whole gimmick around the camp evolving is just more static useless housing filled with useless NPCs.
I also can feel the burnout coming way quicker than expected, even if those missions are timegated to hell. I'll only do them when there's a red shard.

Il y a 15 heures, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim a dit :

What are you doing then ? I'm playing the exact same way as the rest of the game: Run&Gun and you cut through ennemies like butter, you can even do this for the stealth mission because the AI is just dumb.
You also can't die, that's impossible.

I didn't hate the mission but ya the pace is really slow. Compared to the Archon sorties it's a bit of a slog. 

I do like the Kahl gameplay loop though. He's just grounded enough to make it feel somewhat dangerous but not so hard as to make it frustrating. 

Perhaps replace prison break or add more quests as time goes on that are faster (Like 15 minutes on average trying to do everything). While keeping the action relatively constant.

Like a new idea for a "prison break"

You as Kahl attack a Narmer installation. You get your boys from the first engagement and then assault the objective and free a bunch of people.

Then you have to get out and have to fight the boss man to make your way to your ship.

Exactly the same mission per say but faster and more action transitioning from fight to fight without having to search or stop and wait at objectives.

Neat little blow this up to go here then can become something like you open a room and command a guy to pick up a better gun which then makes the fight a little easier. 

20 hours ago, Maryph said:

What are you doing then ? I'm playing the exact same way as the rest of the game

For the most basic example, the mission this week has a sentient trap at the start, im usually able to ignore them and just jump pass or let them do a small amount of damage to me.

With khal these things are actually traps that you dont want to run into if youre getting shot from every direction and lose 250 health, if you hit a trap,  the thing can stagger and take away the remainding 750 health all in 1 go, youre dead. I never had to pay attention to that before. 

Plus the lack of movement means that it can be more common for you to fall into those traps accidentally or get in sticky situations.

(Also i never stealth, every game is easy if you stealth it, all it takes is patience, which is why i dont like doing it. Zaps all the fun out of the fight with a sneak attack...)

Run&Gun and you cut through ennemies like butter

Nah they dont die in one hit like most of normal warframe, you gotta hit them a few times which makes enemy prioritization more important, especially with the slower movement allowing enemies to hit you more. 

You also can't die, that's impossible

Most of the time this is true, but sometimes it depends on how careful youre playing, like i have aim thats better than the average person allowing me to do better than most players in pvp shooting games. My bullets all land in the khal missions and im able to quickly adjust my aim to the next enemy after a kill, but if im too exposed in these gamemodes, the damage the enemies deal when theres a lot of them can bring you close to death out of the blue and youll need cover or to get moving with that jet pack before you can start attacking again.

Its not perfect but it has great potential, DE just needs to add a bit more damage to the player and maybe a few more ways to gain breathing room and its gold

On 2022-09-30 at 7:16 PM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Most of the time this is true, but sometimes it depends on how careful youre playing, like i have aim thats better than the average person allowing me to do better than most players in pvp shooting games. My bullets all land in the khal missions and im able to quickly adjust my aim to the next enemy after a kill, but if im too exposed in these gamemodes, the damage the enemies deal when theres a lot of them can bring you close to death out of the blue and youll need cover or to get moving with that jet pack before you can start attacking again.

enemies in these missions deal like zero damage, and you heal back up to full in such a short amount of time that i might accidentally think i'm playing splatoon.

i dont think its possible to die unless you take your hands off of your keyboard for atleast half a minute, except maybe against wolf? enemies just dont do enough damage.

at topic tho, i do like the missions overall, there's just not enough variety in them. i replayed the first one now that its rotated back around and while i never had a problem with that, on replaying you really feel the speed, or rather lack there of.

29 minutes ago, iHaku said:

enemies in these missions deal like zero damage, and you heal back up to full in such a short amount of time that i might accidentally think i'm playing splatoon.

i dont think its possible to die unless you take your hands off of your keyboard for atleast half a minute, except maybe against wolf? enemies just dont do enough damage.

at topic tho, i do like the missions overall, there's just not enough variety in them. i replayed the first one now that its rotated back around and while i never had a problem with that, on replaying you really feel the speed, or rather lack there of.

Idk, i know when i did that spy like mission where you have to hide from the priest looking things, towards the end of the mission i alerted everyone and got blasted, i wasnt paying attention to my health, just was destroying everything in sight and then died outta no where

Like youre not going to take much damage if its just 2 or 3, but if its like 10 focusing you, that damage starts picking up, especially when they just keep spawning

They could up the damage the enemies deal though, cause like i said, most of the time its easy cause youre not fighting like 10 enemies at a time constantly spawning, it be rare. 

Archived