The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding the Passwords with Kahl

Gellus727

Look, it's not that hard, that's not why I'm here. However, I did miss one and fought the Wolf. When I went back to find the last one, and did, I now can't get the last password because my brothers are no longer able to receive commands and I have no way to destroy the debris over the password. I get it, my brothers boarded the transport the first chance they got. But I think these rubbles piles (or whatever they are honestly) need to be destructible otherwise. Like the Immunonodes. Sure they take like a dozen clips, but it works. Now I am forced to replay this entire mission for 1/4 of 1 objective if I want to get all the scrap for the week. And honestly, I don't think it's worth it. And that's a terrible feeling on its own.

This is why you should always be extra thorough and check every alternate hallways before you head towards the objective at all. Especially on a clean and straightforward tileset like the Sentient one where you don't have all sorts of weird corners to check.

Not doing so is just asking to be caught in edge case like this one. As unless the missions start repeating the exact same tilesets and objectives it's inevitable to run into similar situations again.

With a ship that size and it's corridors I'll do a sector search before even going to the next objective by searching every corridor then moving on to next section.

For me there is one password into the first area before you get your teammates to help you, so I went back and instructed them to blow it up, all challenges completed.

If you don't think its worth it, its really not a big deal to just miss it. I'd personally probably reply the mission, and thought I might have to. Since my last password was basically in the last spot, I think it could be, a few rooms prior to the boss room, but... I also would have enjoyed the reply as well. Its a good habit to avoid burn out, to start realising, if you don't want to do something, then don't, and accept the consequences (or alternatively, if you do actually want something, more so than its annoyance/time in getting, then do it etc). 

I am neutral to the suggestion. One one hand, would be convenient to take our own clips to destroy it, on the other, its nice having that team work and synergy with Kahl's bros. Just means having to take more time searching before entering boss rooms etc. 

That was the objective I missed as well, and honestly?  I don't think it is worth going back.  It's just 15 Stock, and unless you want multiple copies of stuff, you can spare that much and still get everything from Chipper.  There was chatter about making the scavenger hunt cumulative, so if you need more stock, maybe wait until that is implemented?

Archived