Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Disable Crossplatform kills Recruitment channel

GeneticksTTV

Makes sense, otherwise the chat wouldn't make sense =)

So it's effectively like another platform, but virtual.

Maybe explain it like this when releasing it (ingame preferably) to avoid people expecting to chat with people on the same hardware platform that have crossplay on.

So if crossplay is enabled, then you will see everyone from every connected platform. But if you disable crossplay, you exclusively see players that have also disabled crossplay? That doesn't make sense in the chat channels environment.

The automatic assumption is if you disable crossplay, you should still see ALL players on your platform in chat regardless of whether or not they have crossplay enabled. Otherwise making premade squads of "PC only" or "xbox only" becomes much smaller pool of available players.

At the very least, when crossplay is disabled chat channels (like Trade an Recruiting) should allow for access to all players on your platform. Even if the Matchmaking system is not compatible and is exclusive to crossplay enabled/disabled players.

On 2022-09-29 at 2:04 PM, GeneticksTTV said:

I've noticed that if we disable "Cross Platform Play" it will kill the Recruitment Channel.
This is obviously from last hotfix related to cross play test.

Yea i can see this, because if someone is recruiting with cross play enabled, you shouldnt be able to join them because they may recruit someone on a different platform after they invite you. You dont want that if you have it disabled so youd need to be in a special chat where only players of the same platform are being recruited.

And if ive learned anything from crossplay games, is that most dont seem to turn off that feature, so you will see a significant drop in players if you choose to do so

For what reason(s) would you not have crossplay turned on in a pve game though? 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Yea i can see this, because if someone is recruiting with cross play enabled, you shouldnt be able to join them because they may recruit someone on a different platform after they invite you. You dont want that if you have it disabled so youd need to be in a special chat where only players of the same platform are being recruited.

And if ive learned anything from crossplay games, is that most dont seem to turn off that feature, so you will see a significant drop in players if you choose to do so

For what reason(s) would you not have crossplay turned on in a pve game though? 

Connection issues , lag, crossplay-specific bugs, avoiding potential cross-platform elitism and trolling (ex: my console is better than yours, PC master race, etc...), unfair advantages like using keyboard and mouse for more precision... Avoiding potential PC cheats like mods, macros and other similar things not possible on Consoles... Feels like there's good reasons to potentially opt-out tbh...

But yeah, I do agree that players with cross-play off should have everyone on their platforms in their chats... Not just other people that opted out of cross-play. Also think they should separate cross play and cross-chat into two separate options, because some people might want not to miss half of an ongoing discussion, yet don't necessarily feel like having switch or old-gen console users taking half an hour loading into a mission, or whatever issues we're gonna be getting in the near future with Cross-Play...

1 hour ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Avoiding potential PC cheats like mods, macros and other similar things not possible on Consoles...

I can see this being annoying. The rest have a chance not happening or arent issues, ps4 master race jokes and my aim being better than yours so that i can help you out in missions shouldnt be affecting anyone that bad when people make WAY worse jokes in region chat and theres always going to be someone with better aim than you. Having better aim is bad in pvp because you lose if the enemy has that advantage, In pve you win cause theyre only on your team and the bots dont have living consciousness to care about getting lit up.

But yeah cheating needs to get looked at, im not for that. PC can not have crossplay if DE cant control it well enough lol. 

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

So if crossplay is enabled, then you will see everyone from every connected platform. But if you disable crossplay, you exclusively see players that have also disabled crossplay? That doesn't make sense in the chat channels environment.

How would it work?
I would expect -

• Disable Crossplay - you only see people who have crossplay disabled (as is currently)
  • Enable Crossplay - you only see people who have crossplay ENABLED + all other platforms

If you say disable crossplay, but still show people with crossplay enabled imagine the following:
Someone on your platform types "Relic run type 1234".. They have crossplay enabled so they get an xbox player in the squad.  But you wouldn't know they have an xbox player, you've disabled crossplay but you still want to see their messages?  THey can't invite you - you opted out of crossplay and they are crossplaying...

Certainly in recruiting chat it makes sense to limit it to only show players who have the same setting as you have.
and even in region or other chats it makes sense too - or you would only be seeing part of the conversation everyone else who opted into crossplay sees.  It would be a confusing mess.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

How would it work?

If I have crossplay disabled, I would still be able to chat with other PC players even if they have crossplay enabled. If I try to join their squad, I would get an error message that I can not join the host unless I enable crossplay.

If there was an option to encapsulate what I expected, it would be:

• [Toggle] Allow crossplay in public matchmaking.
  • [Toggle] Allow crossplay in invite-only squads.
  • [Toggle] Allow crossplatform communication in Chat.

I know expectation vs reality is going to be different. Chances are that is complex Code Ninja stuff at play that prevents them from implementing it. But since DE didn't say exactly what kind of crossplay/crossplatform experience they intended to deliver, over the last year I made my own expectations on how the game would behave. So this is what I expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived