The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Please Don't Make Sexual Jokes

Fyrscha

This is a game where you can blow peoples' heads off, nail them to walls, and dismember them in bloody and horrific ways, but you're upset when updatebot makes a masturbation joke?

The game is rated M, by the way. If children are playing this game, I question the parents' responsibilities. It's not DE's job to be a babysitter.

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

This is a game where you can blow peoples' heads off, nail them to walls, and dismember them in bloody and horrific ways, but you're upset when updatebot makes a masturbation joke?

Yes, children today already face gross amounts of sexualization from nearly every source of media, even in schools many places, and I think responsible adults shouldn't contribute to that. 

Just now, Fyrscha said:

Yes, children today already face gross amounts of sexualization from nearly every source of media, even in schools many places, and I think responsible adults shouldn't contribute to that. 

5 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

The game is rated M, by the way. If children are playing this game, I question the parents' responsibilities. It's not DE's job to be a babysitter.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

Wow. Just wow. Apparently you've never visited Varia. Or see this warning on the website:

esrb.jpg

Blood and Gore
Violence
Users Interact
In-Game Purchases

Regardless of the rating, a large number of the player base are tweens-teens. Surely DE knows this.

1 minute ago, Fyrscha said:

Regardless of the rating, a large number of the player base are tweens-teens. Su

Your point? Because the point I take from that is 1) Their parents are ok with them playing a mature game or 2) their parents are unaware of them playing a mature game. Either way it's on the parents, not DE.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

Your point? Because the point I take from that is 1) Their parents are ok with them playing a mature game or 2) their parents are unaware of them playing a mature game. Either way it's on the parents, not DE.

My point is simple, morality and caring about the well-being of people should come before legality. I wouldn't make lewd jokes and sexual references if I knew a large portion of my user base were teenagers. 

4 minutes ago, Fyrscha said:

My point is simple, morality and caring about the well-being of people should come before legality. I wouldn't make lewd jokes and sexual references if I knew a large portion of my user base were teenagers. 

Morality is irrelevant. This game isn't meant for children. It's not DE's job to moderate themselves for people who skirt the ESRB rating. Tell the parents to be more responsible in moderating what media their kids consume.

9 minutes ago, Fyrscha said:

Well good thing your morality does not influence modern free-thinking societies. And let me get this straight, vague sexual innuendo (not even close to outright nudity and or sex -- which would still be fine for adults) is not ok for these poor poor children you are concerned about, but gratuitous violence and gore is ok? Is that right? smdh

31 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

While I get what your saying at the same time it`s not necessary, we don`t need to see this, I also don`t like them trying to drop the F bomb why start doing it now? we don`t need to see or hear it. Instead of them doing this their time should be to make the game better (Give Ash the revisit he deserves) and start putting effort into making cosmetics for movember to give ppl incentive to donate like they have been doing with women`s cancer.

@Fyrscha

I agree this is something we don`t need, so DE don`t do it again.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

While I get what your saying at the same time it`s not necessary, we don`t need to see this, I also don`t like them trying to drop the F bomb why start doing it now? we don`t need to see or hear it. Instead of them doing this they time should be to make the game better (Give Ash the revisit he deserves) and start putting effort into making cosmetics for movember to give ppl incentive to donate like they have been doing with women`s cancer.

@Fyrscha

Salute o7

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

1 minute ago, Fyrscha said:

Salute o7

Oh yeah! It's the first time and it should be the last time!

This game was NEVER and I mean NEVER sexualized until now. What will happen, if DE continue like this.

Oh hey look at this nice screenshot I took:

Bez-n-zvu.png

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Instead of them doing this they time should be to make the game better (Give Ash the revisit he deserves) and start putting effort into making cosmetics for movember to give ppl incentive to donate like they have been doing with women`s cancer.

It's just a red-text. Taking ten seconds to write a blurb isn't going to take away from the development of the game.

28 minutes ago, Fyrscha said:

Regardless of the rating, a large number of the player base are tweens-teens. 

Good. Let them have fun, they're kids.

Oh and for the record, art teacher here who teaches mostly to kids. They are incredibly knowledgeable and dont mind such things. They're cool like that ^^

43 minutes ago, Fyrscha said:

There are many young people who play this game, please don't make lewd, sexual jokes. Young people already face enough gross sexualization in society, be decent and don't contribute to that. 

ZUl4TuM.jpg

Just an attempt by a DE staff member to make some humor to appeal to the peasants who play this game. “Quick! They’re gasping for air, throw them a joke!” Lol

This game has a plethora of young players who are sometimes well under age. It’s not DE’s responsibility to make sure their community is of age. That’s why you agree to the terms every time you login that you are abiding by the rules and meet said requirements for an M rated game such as this.

Archived