Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Voruna proper movent animations in her ult

Hi, i have a request u see i play voruna a lot and i find that sad that when ur using her 4 ability she doesnt walk on all fours can u make it happen while waiting for a response from you please receive my sincere greetings

• Like 2

Out of all crazy things...

I can roll around as a ball.

I can surf around on a sea creature.

I can become a tornado of dirt.

I can become a tidal wave.

I can teleport in multiple ways.

I can float with the power of my farts.

I can zoom around the with speed of sound.

I can become a fairy with big guns.

I can ride a weird horse.

I can ride a weird robot.

I can become a freaking cloud.

I can become a disco light show of death and destruction (Star Chart only).

But I can't crawl/walk on all four as Voruna, which seems the tamest of all our movement options.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
I forgot Rev
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Voruna makes me sad because a werewolf/wolf warframe had so much potential ...

What do you mean? She's a figurative and literal beast who doesn't use/need weapons.

I can get past the running on 4s thing cuz she's usually lunging at everything. You can hardly see her most the time anyways.

• 1 month later...

They can simply make it transform into a kubrow and that's it, with a new skin or not, the 4 skill looks so bad like this now, what a way to waste a popular warframe, they can make it transform into a kubrow and sell a new skin , or new pack etc, there are so many possibilities, what a waste, instead they release another warframe without charisma, the truth is that it is not understood what they do.

Voruna's 4th ability is horrible with her walking, you could easily fix this in 2 seconds.

They can simply make it transform into a kubrow and that's it, with a new skin or not, the 4 skill looks so bad like this now, what a way to waste a popular warframe, they can make it transform into a kubrow and sell a new skin , or new pack etc, there are so many possibilities, what a waste, instead they release another warframe without charisma, the truth is that it is not understood what they do.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2024-02-06 at 3:18 PM, Xzorn said:

I can get past the running on 4s thing cuz she's usually lunging at everything. You can hardly see her most the time anyways.

Don't pass it and keep talking about Voruna 4 walk in all fours, someday maybe they will put it. (Please DE Voruna walking in all fours before/when her Prime come)

• 3 weeks later...

Just So it´s there, there was some Q&A in which Reb said they are thinking or already have something for Voruna´s 4, but they don´t know if they will put it into her kit or as an Augment. 

That was like, a year back though, which confuses me. Though maybe DE forgot about it again, ya know, since they forgot it on her release too? HA! 

But yeah i hope that it will just... Get worked into her. She just still needs the animation DE PLEASE!

• 3 weeks later...

Can we please agree on making Voruna not only stand like a wolf during her ult, but also run like one? Like that would be sooooo cool and I want it sooo bad that I even looked for this page and all and I am sure many many other players soukd appreciate it too. 

I'm not sure how much from this page, gets to the actually goes to Digital Extremes so maybe someone could suggest me a more direct way of doing this, like a petition or something to get some voices in. 

Anyways, I just wanted to give my wish out here, in hopes some developer would see it and consider this idea since I know that the devs are pretty close with their community as some ingame items are designed by us players. 

Have a nice day^^

• Like 5

That's a pretty regular request so I wouldn't rule out it's implemented one day.

As I suspect she'll run on all 4 in her Prime Trailer, I guess it'll be a good opportunity to make it a formal request when she's released :laugh:

Yeah, this was actually raised to DE, they've been interviewed about it.

There isn't any plans currently to implement any form of on-all-fours running for any frame, let alone Voruna, because of how the animation skeleton works.

In the future, it's a possibility, but the on-all-fours animation thing for Warframes has been so done-to-death as a topic that DE have that as a standing answer when it comes up. (For reference, it first came up when they were discussing one of the fan-concepts for a transforming 'beast' frame, and they said that the on-all-fours animation was the primary reason why that fan concept wasn't going to happen in Warframe.)

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

(For reference, it first came up when they were discussing one of the fan-concepts for a transforming 'beast' frame, and they said that the on-all-fours animation was the primary reason why that fan concept wasn't going to happen in Warframe.)

Honestly it seems like a cop out especially when they have things like Sevagoth's shadow and things like Titania who can just enter a completely different game mode with a single press of her ability.

Maybe it's extra work, but I feel like they have enough Form Changing Abilities:

1. Titania

2. Grendel

3. Arguably Yarelli

4. Sevagoth

That having an extra model for an all four run is not only within their perview, but probably something that they can reliably do.

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Honestly it seems like a cop out especially when they have things like Sevagoth's shadow and things like Titania who can just enter a completely different game mode with a single press of her ability.

Literally not the same thing.

Breaking it down quickly; Archwing was already a modelled rig with full animations, and the walk cycle for Titania's floating is still a walk cycle for the skeleton (which is why Wisp, for one, still 'walks' when using Melee animations). Grendel is using a separate animation skeleton (a ball) that has impact physics and literally nothing else. Yareli is K-drive, which is already another completely rigged model with its own animations. And Sevagoth's shadow is just a slightly scaled up regular animation skeleton with different parts rendered.

DE have said, outright, that they can't make the skeleton for a Warframe do an on-all-fours running function that works with all the other functions that running actually does. It can sit still, in place, because they can make it do an Idle animation, just like all the other frames can do Idle animations. But they can't make it run, because it doesn't work for how DE programs 'running' in Warframe. It doesn't even work for the skeletons that already are on all fours, like Kubrows and Kavats, it's barely functional and you can see all of the bugs in their movement at any time you want. Glitching all over, having to perform pre-set animations to navigate, it's really off when you actually watch them.

Their words, not mine, just reporting their answer.

hace 7 horas, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Literally not the same thing.

Breaking it down quickly; Archwing was already a modelled rig with full animations, and the walk cycle for Titania's floating is still a walk cycle for the skeleton (which is why Wisp, for one, still 'walks' when using Melee animations). Grendel is using a separate animation skeleton (a ball) that has impact physics and literally nothing else. Yareli is K-drive, which is already another completely rigged model with its own animations. And Sevagoth's shadow is just a slightly scaled up regular animation skeleton with different parts rendered.

DE have said, outright, that they can't make the skeleton for a Warframe do an on-all-fours running function that works with all the other functions that running actually does. It can sit still, in place, because they can make it do an Idle animation, just like all the other frames can do Idle animations. But they can't make it run, because it doesn't work for how DE programs 'running' in Warframe. It doesn't even work for the skeletons that already are on all fours, like Kubrows and Kavats, it's barely functional and you can see all of the bugs in their movement at any time you want. Glitching all over, having to perform pre-set animations to navigate, it's really off when you actually watch them.

Their words, not mine, just reporting their answer.

In that case I can't understand why they decided to give that animation to their 4 if they couldn't make it look coherent when moving.

6 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

In that case I can't understand why they decided to give that animation to their 4 if they couldn't make it look coherent when moving.

Because it looked cool when standing.

As a point, I wasn’t talking about how it looked. Not about ‘looking coherent’. I was talking about how it does basic things like go up and down ramps, over small steps, any form of Parkour that isn’t the Bullet Jump (since that’s a pre-set animation)… Navigate. Not just animate.

There’s more to walking around in Warframe than just a walk cycle.