Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda is the perfect Mage Warframe.

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Garuda is the best caster frame ever to exist, and there literally is no contender except protea and her aimbot turrets. 

She gets everything an ability focused Warframe should have: 

Easy energy regen: all of her HP can be turned into energy, allowing you to have infinite energy. 

I-frames on abilities allow a greater emphasis on casting abilities. (Her 1 also gives you an unbreakable shield for even more defense, without making her into a brainless tank.)

Her 1st and 4th actually do a ton of damage and can scale indefinitely in missions.

Her 2nd ability is the perfect flex slot for infinite energy or helminth ability spam casting. 

Not only that, but Garuda also has a bunch of stuff nobody else has. 

Literally has the best melee (in terms of base stats) as a passive. 

She can turn ALL DAMAGE into slash procs. 

She can make Operator proc slash, which means that yes, operator levelcap is real.

Also if you give Garuda AoE cc (radial blind, gloom, or breach surge) you literally straight up break the game because now everything is permanently locked down and you can use your shield + your 4 to shred eximus enemies and block all their damage. 

Also breach surge Garuda is literally the only Warframe to be a practical statstick for operator, and is also the only thing to be the most powerful as a statstick.

I'd use her move if it wasn't for the claws always being active! I know it's part of her kit, but I can't see sometimes cause of it! 

Seems such a silly thing, but it's honestly annoying as hell. I do enjoy what she offers with her excellent kit but gawdddd! Lemme hide the claws DE!

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

She can make Operator proc slash, which means that yes, operator levelcap is real.

How exactly? 

Nah. She it's simple that's all. Change 2 for helmint Gloom, Jump towards a group of enemies with her 1st + fast 4th (augmented) + melee, melee, melee and all enemies dead.

Do you want to get away from enemies? hold press 4 and run, next 3rd for energy and repeat the whole combo from the 1st ability again, again and again.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Garuda is the best caster frame ever to exist, and there literally is no contender except protea and her aimbot turrets. 

She gets everything an ability focused Warframe should have: 

Easy energy regen: all of her HP can be turned into energy, easily giving you infinite energy. 

I-frames on abilities allow a greater emphasis on casting abilities. (Her 1 also gives you an unbreakable shield for even more defense, without making her into a brainless tank.

Her 1st and 4th actually do a ton of damage. 

Her 2nd ability is the perfect flex slot for infinite energy or helminth ability spam casting. 

Not only that, but Garuda also has a bunch of stuff nobody else has. 

Literally has the best melee (in terms of base stats) as a passive. 

She can turn ALL DAMAGE into slash procs. 

Also if you give Garuda AoE cc (radial blind, gloom, or breach surge) you literally straight up break the game because now everything is permanently locked down and you can use your shield + your 4 to shred eximus enemies and block all their damage. 

Also breach surge Garuda is literally the only Warframe to be a practical statstick for operator, and is also the only thing to be the most powerful as a statstick.

I like Garuda, but her claws are not the best melee by a long shot. Her 4 doesn't work on a lot of bosses (or essentially doesn't work because of the proc limit), her 2 is terrible (it's a helminth ability nobody ever uses for a reason), any armor strip ability is comparable (or better) than her 4, we have CC immune enemies now.

Nourish Wisp is also great. Breach Surge is just that good.

You should try Xaku sometime, he is even more powerful.

6 hours ago, TheGuyver said:

She marks enemies with her four, and if you hit them with any abilities or weapons it has a 75% chance to proc slash.

Oh. Well. That's pretty useful, I often subsumed that power for something else as I wasn't too impressed with it.. now I know that however... 

Thanks for the infomation! 

1 hour ago, Mediloric said:

Oh. Well. That's pretty useful, I often subsumed that power for something else as I wasn't too impressed with it.. now I know that however... 

Thanks for the infomation! 

Basically if you run the augument you can cast it almost immediately. 

You are also immune to damage while casting it.

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I like Garuda, but her claws are not the best melee by a long shot. Her 4 doesn't work on a lot of bosses (or essentially doesn't work because of the proc limit), her 2 is terrible (it's a helminth ability nobody ever uses for a reason), any armor strip ability is comparable (or better) than her 4, we have CC immune enemies now.

Nourish Wisp is also great. Breach Surge is just that good.

You should try Xaku sometime, he is even more powerful.

Garuda's Prime Talons have 35% cc and 36% status with 85% slash weighting. 

Not only that, but claws in themselves have tons of slash from combos, and because you are using Garuda that's another 75% slash chance on all damage caused by the weapon, so yes, you are getting a red crit slash machine you can't match with 99% of melee weapons. 

CC immune enemies exist but they aren't a problem because you can cast radial blind/gloom to stun everyone else and then point your  shield at an eximus to become immune to him. You also can just stack 100 slash procs on him to burn through over guard because you are damage immune while casting Garuda's 4th ability anyways. 

I myself have used Wisp before so I know how fun and strong she is, but breach surge is one of the best abilities to subsume on Garuda because you can cc everything and then apply slash procs from all of the sparks created by your weapons.

Garuda is my favorite Warframe. After Oberon and Valkyr aged shamelessly, so they’re just walking cans, I played Garuda much more.

Archon Shards for Casting speed and Energy, anfd play Quick Thinking + Adaptation. Kick her 2 for gloom and she’s great. Since she almost doesn’t need to buff any stat significantly (Duration, Efficiency, Strength, Range), just umbral mods + stretch and continuity is more than enough to have her full potential.

8 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Since she almost doesn’t need to buff any stat significantly (Duration, Efficiency, Strength, Range), just umbral mods + stretch and continuity is more than enough to have her full potential.

That's what I love about Garuda. 

It's literally so easy to build her for whatever you want. You literally don't need corrupted mods to make her good. 

For example, my Garuda is running 4 blue archon shards for HP Regen (which is effectively infinite energy unless I decide to cast my talons 7 times in a row for no reason). I then could subsume off her 2 for anything I wanted, so I subsumed radial blind for the instant AoE cc to effectively nullify rooms instantly (waiting for Wisp Prime to get breach surge).

And because I have infinite energy, I can play her by constantly casting my abilities before finishing off the tougher enemies with my choice of melee or bubonico.

Just now, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That's what I love about Garuda. 

It's literally so easy to build her for whatever you want. You literally don't need corrupted mods to make her good. 

Oh yeah, after modding frames like Oberon where you need 250 strength at very least, 100 duration and some efficiency, AND range if you want use any skill, that’s just ugh… Garuda is breath of fresh air.

51 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Now if we can just get a proper Valkyr rework, we should never need another female claw-using frame ever again.

For me as long as they don't change too much hysteria all fine and they can redo 1 and 3 completely. 

51 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Garuda is pretty fun. it's fun in the larger rooms to use her 4 in midair and rain the talons down on a huge group.

Garuda it is super easy to use and it's really good.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:
8 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I like Garuda, but her claws are not the best melee by a long shot.  . . .

Garuda's Prime Talons have 35% cc and 36% status with 85% slash weighting. 

Not only that, but claws in themselves have tons of slash from combos, and because you are using Garuda that's another 75% slash chance on all damage caused by the weapon, so yes, you are getting a red crit slash machine you can't match with 99% of melee weapons. 

Best non-gunblade, non-glaive, non-Innodem, non-riven'd melee, maybe?

20 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Best non-gunblade, non-glaive, non-Innodem, non-riven'd melee, maybe?

Sounds about right. Personally I use the Stropha with her - since I can already nuke groups with her 1, it is mostly used to onetap eximus.

Another neat thing with Garuda; If you want to kill demolysts real good, try Expedite Suffering with her 4.

5 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Yes, before voruna came out, valkyr was very bad... But the old infinite immortality build is back.

Off topic, so my apologies about this noob question. I'm testing Valkyr in the simulacrum and with her 4 and at 12X combo, I'm getting red crits of about 2000 to 6000 as an average with no slash, puncture or impact symbol whatsoever. When I switch to my melee and in this last test it was an Innodem, I get mostly yellow numbers like 75-400ish with slash, impact puncture symbols at the end. It seems to take out the level 170 corrupted Bombards about as fast as Valkyrs talons. Any insight onto what is going on? I mean either way, I'm happy about the damage, but I just thought the red crits would take them out faster. Thanks

2 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

[...]

If you want to make Valkyr work against high level enemies on the steel path, you kinda need some form of armor strip. Slash procs bypass armor entirely, and the Innodem gets free slash procs from stances and heavy attacks - Valkyr's claws get neither.

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you want to make Valkyr work against high level enemies on the steel path, you kinda need some form of armor strip. Slash procs bypass armor entirely, and the Innodem gets free slash procs from stances and heavy attacks - Valkyr's claws get neither.

It would be nice if the simulacrum had steel path test subjects. So would it be fair to say that in the simulacrum slash procs with a smaller number are just as effective as the red bigger numbers without slash procs?

1 minute ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

It would be nice if the simulacrum had steel path test subjects. So would it be fair to say that in the simulacrum slash procs with a smaller number are just as effective as the red bigger numbers without slash procs?

If you mod Valkyr's claws for corrosive (and you are using heavy gunners/railjack grineer for testing), you'll do better with her than with slash procs - in the simulacrum. But the more armor enemies have the less effective she gets.

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

If you mod Valkyr's claws for corrosive (and you are using heavy gunners/railjack grineer for testing), you'll do better with her than with slash procs - in the simulacrum. But the more armor enemies have the less effective she gets.

I have a viral build on her talons and I'd have to swap out a polarity to go corrosive, so I'll see. The heavy gunners die too fast to get a sense of how much damage I was doing, so I switched to corrupted bombards. I know they have different armor types, but I don't really switch up my loadouts that much except for archon hunts. Things seem to die fast enough in regular missions anyway. I prefer guns, but am trying to get more into melee at the moment. Not sure if I'll stick with melee as it's too much hack and slash for me and can't see much when playing because of all the particle effects, lol. Thanks for the info.

Archived