Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additions that would bring more players to Conclave

(PSN)Arbiter_Tanos

Here are some ideas I my self have, and that I have heard amongst the community that would definitely attract players to PVP

-Corpus vs Grineer PvP, maybe with bot backfilling.

-Necramech arena, nuff said

-Archwing battle

-Railjack battles, imagine a RJ vs RJ mode where squads can board each others ships, race to complete side objectives etc, capture the flag. 
-Free roam maps with a big team battle approach, objectives, etc. Also would be awesome to be able to do the Corpus vs Grineer PvP on free roam maps, and use vehicles the factions typically use. Cooler ideas about this would be something like raids, if it’s a corpus raid, the Grineer players would have a little time to prepare, and would have to defend their base or something against invading Corpus players, and Vice versa.
-Sentient Tilesets

-Operator PVP

May update this with more as I come up with or hear ideas. 

Conclave - best thing is just to get rid of the PvP warframe aspect. Stick to the competitive stuff, the lunaro handball and possibly give other competitive aspects like k-drive racing some conclave standing too.

if Conclave becomes less PvP and more Player-compete-Player that fits a lot better with the game as a whole.

If you make it more lunaro-oriented competition, then you can add rewards for clans to either compete in a league against each other, or for intra-clan friendlies, and more people might get interested.

I have played Conclave, tried it a few times. Its terrible. All you have is players flying about the place trying to be as hard to hit as possible, making it a frustrating and annoying game mode. I've played it with a clannie who played it "properly" like me, hiding and sneaking around the map. That was more fun but still not particularly satisfying for more than a couple of runs.

Again:

The issue with 90-95% of these sorts of suggestions is that they're done better elsewhere. From Sea of Thieves to Call of Duty (or your generic shooter of choice). That's rough enough for the Lich system—the comparisons were seldom, if ever, positive—but for something PvP-focused that's already on life support, it's all but DOA.

Conclave as-is may not be great, but it at least provides something unique.

The closest non-Conclave addition I think could work without drawing negative comparisons would be parkour races. Not K-drive races: something leveraging the movement system, which is one of the most distinguishing parts of Warframe in general and Conclave in particular.

But I also believe it would be a smarter angle for DE to set players up for creating the modes, maps, and competitions they want. Dojo-like map creation tools, ruleset alterations, and so on. Why put the effort in on a risky venture like designing a new PvP game mode (singular or plural) when they could give players the tools and let them experiment instead?

6 hours ago, CephalonCarnage said:

Conclave - best thing is just to get rid of the PvP warframe aspect. Stick to the competitive stuff, the lunaro handball and possibly give other competitive aspects like k-drive racing some conclave standing too.

if Conclave becomes less PvP and more Player-compete-Player that fits a lot better with the game as a whole.

If you make it more lunaro-oriented competition, then you can add rewards for clans to either compete in a league against each other, or for intra-clan friendlies, and more people might get interested.

I have played Conclave, tried it a few times. Its terrible. All you have is players flying about the place trying to be as hard to hit as possible, making it a frustrating and annoying game mode. I've played it with a clannie who played it "properly" like me, hiding and sneaking around the map. That was more fun but still not particularly satisfying for more than a couple of runs.

I wouldn’t get rid of the PVP. I think Warframe versus Warframe is fun. Yeah I could be frustrating to some people, but you learn to deal with it and adapt. After all, there is no proper way to play anything in the game. I know I’m not a fan of lunaro, but I agree that making it more interactive and giving it something worth playing for would definitely help. 

6 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Again:

The issue with 90-95% of these sorts of suggestions is that they're done better elsewhere. From Sea of Thieves to Call of Duty (or your generic shooter of choice). That's rough enough for the Lich system—the comparisons were seldom, if ever, positive—but for something PvP-focused that's already on life support, it's all but DOA.

Conclave as-is may not be great, but it at least provides something unique.

The closest non-Conclave addition I think could work without drawing negative comparisons would be parkour races. Not K-drive races: something leveraging the movement system, which is one of the most distinguishing parts of Warframe in general and Conclave in particular.

But I also believe it would be a smarter angle for DE to set players up for creating the modes, maps, and competitions they want. Dojo-like map creation tools, ruleset alterations, and so on. Why put the effort in on a risky venture like designing a new PvP game mode (singular or plural) when they could give players the tools and let them experiment instead?

I still think if they had Grineerr versus Corpus It would be a lot of fun and Many people would play. I do agree that if they just handed more control to experimenting in the dojo, it would benefit the game greatly. Maybe even games that people make that get popular in the dojo, can be cycled in to conclave’s menu. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)Arbiter_Tanos said:

Corpus vs Grineer PvP, maybe with bot backfilling.

-Necramech arena, nuff said

-Archwing battle

-Railjack battles, imagine a RJ vs RJ mode where squads can board each others ships, race to complete side objectives etc, capture the flag. 
-Free roam maps with a big team battle approach, objectives, etc. Also would be awesome to be able to do the Corpus vs Grineer PvP on free roam maps, and use vehicles the factions typically use. Cooler ideas about this would be something like raids, if it’s a corpus raid, the Grineer players would have a little time to prepare, and would have to defend their base or something against invading Corpus players, and Vice versa.
-Sentient Tilesets

-Operator PVP

I personally don't like any of these ideas. Except maybe adding sentient tileset maps to the current conclave.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Arbiter_Tanos said:

I wouldn’t get rid of the PVP. I think Warframe versus Warframe is fun.

I do like that your ideas are "additions" though. Most people bring up new conclave ideas as replacements for the current conclave or say to remove conclave completely. I too love warframe vs warframe pvp. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GameGhost123 said:

I personally don't like any of these ideas. Except maybe adding sentient tileset maps to the current conclave.

I do like that your ideas are "additions" though. Most people bring up new conclave ideas as replacements for the current conclave or say to remove conclave completely. I too love warframe vs warframe pvp. 

Opinion respected. As a player coming from experiencing the Halo games that Bungie made from start to end, the events and amazing custom games during the prime of those games are what made players stay during those times. Team annihilation, free for all, both remind me of slayer and team slayer on halo. Cephalon capture is the closest thing we’ll get on warframe as a CTF game. Lunaro just reminds me of griffball, which I didn’t care much about in halo, but it was still an option. Your right, these are additions, because everyone enjoys the game for different reasons. Having the option to experience more in multiplayer though, and even having things like Dojo raids, would definitely make the game bigger. The game already has a lot more to offer this day than most other games, but it’s just really PVE heavy, so I believe it needs a balance. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)Arbiter_Tanos said:

Opinion respected. As a player coming from experiencing the Halo games that Bungie made from start to end, the events and amazing custom games during the prime of those games are what made players stay during those times. Team annihilation, free for all, both remind me of slayer and team slayer on halo. Cephalon capture is the closest thing we’ll get on warframe as a CTF game. Lunaro just reminds me of griffball, which I didn’t care much about in halo, but it was still an option. Your right, these are additions, because everyone enjoys the game for different reasons. Having the option to experience more in multiplayer though, and even having things like Dojo raids, would definitely make the game bigger. The game already has a lot more to offer this day than most other games, but it’s just really PVE heavy, so I believe it needs a balance. 

That is warframe in a nut shell. Has a bunch of different stuff for everyone. If other people would like those ideas I can respect them being added as additional game modes. Just wouldn't want them to interfere with the current conclave is all. 

Archived