Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Celestia Syandana in 2023

(PSN)TheImperialDoor

It's 2023 so i recently got into conclave trying to rank up and get the Celestia syandana untill I realised I'd have to maintain a cosmetics looks each week when Im not even a conclave type player. I read other post about this syandana and I get it! it's a "mastery reward" but come on... I've been playing warframe on ps4 for years (I don't have an accurate time line but it's like maybe 4 to 5ish years) and moved to ps5 and see no Strong reason to keep it the way it is since it's beauty will one day be, in a way, perma locked cause of the player base moving away or just because grinding the challenges are just a task and having to maintain them as someone who sucks at pvp just discourages me entirely. I'd like a small tweak of any kind for it to be in the spot light like: giving it a two week time till it decays, keep the conclave challenges and give it unique challenges both for conclave and non-conclave players to enjoy it as in grind resources or do 5 bossess or maybe just maybe weekly nightwave so it gives an incentive to keep it on, take away the challenge part (but ik there are people who would dislike that and tbf idky), and MORE! I hope this has reached you as a player, developer, or as a wf forums traveler to help it get it tweaked atleast a little. 

Thanks for reading

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PSN)TheImperialDoor said:

as someone who sucks at pvp just discourages me entirely

skill-issue-skill-issue-gif.gif

On a serious note, the only way to not suck at pvp is playing it; can't "git gud" at a pvp game without being destroyed in it over and over again until your muscle memory gets rid of the (bad) habits learnt after years of warframe PvE.

And i think DE should never cater to player requests that are pretty much "I want a reward intended to show that i'm an active pvp player without actively engaging with PvP"

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 8

Conclave is such a failed part of warframe that it don't even worth the file size its wasting.

DE could move all the items from there to another place, then delete conclave for good and the amount of positive feedback will be much higher than the negative.

Of course there will be 2 or 3 nobodies complaining about it, but even Trials who had a much bigger playerbase got removed.

• Like 5

hace 3 minutos, DarkSkysz dijo:

Of course there will be 2 or 3 nobodies complaining about it, but even Trials who had a much bigger playerbase got removed.

Huh... That's clearly a false equivalence since, if Trials playerbase had been that much bigger -as you claim- DE would have tried to fix them instead of just removing them; on the other hand, if Conclave shared the same issues that plagued trials back in the day, you can be sure it would also have been deleted already.

But Trials were removed and Conclave is still here which should be enough to get a spark of an idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

Conclave is such a failed part of warframe that it don't even worth the file size its wasting.

DE could move all the items from there to another place, then delete conclave for good and the amount of positive feedback will be much higher than the negative.

clearly you are speaking from experience with the game mode, especially since crossplay and the fixed they gave it, right?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

skill-issue-skill-issue-gif.gif

On a serious note, the only way to not suck at pvp is playing it; can't "git gud" at a pvp game without being destroyed in it over and over again until your muscle memory gets rid of the (bad) habits learnt after years of warframe PvE.

And i think DE should never cater to player requests that are pretty much "I want a reward intended to show that i'm an active pvp player without actively engaging with PvP"

I understand the "git gud" mind set and that crossplay helped console players but I realized really quick on day one that it wasn't as much of a "skill issue" more of a "im getting my butt handed to me on a controller by the insane pc players" The second or third match I joined (on recruit conditioning) had a mirage soaring through the sky two tapping me we paris at high speeds while also dominating all others which gave me a realization that this isn't gonna be too fun, and it wasn't once and not only on free for all but LUNARO TOO?!? I genuinely thought conclave was dead as a whole until crossplay which tbf didn't fix it by much. I see your a pc player so you had conclave for awhile but Im a console player who has to get a friend and grind it daily to get standing cause of the lack of players for me and how lethal the players can be. Sorry if I sounded like I wanted a massive reward for little gain but locking an accessory to conclave is ok but locking it's best look is just weird?

• Like 2

My opinion has always been it was a missed opportunity not to integrate FrameFighter into Conclave as a viable means of earning Conclave experience.

Some sort of competitive PvE against other players without directly fighting other players feels like the best choice Warframe could have done.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

DE made celestia sandana work the way it currently works for a REASON

I understand this but it's been that way for years and change is not always bad, Plz keep in mind im a controller player and play on ps5 so I didnt even have access to rank 3 rewards cause of how the dead conclave was on console. Today we have crossplay but I'd get a conclave player whom just whoops me and they usually seem to be pc cause of how fast they turn, never missing shots or atleast hitting 80%, know how conclave works, and has weapons that require much more aim but rewards way greater like cernos (not prime), It's a bit on the side of "will you tuff it out and just get dragged like a dead body around. I had to get a friend to give me standing cause he also thought conclave was dead till recently for us and even when we found players we avoided them cause no matter how good we get, that one player whom joins or two will always be cracked outta their mind with no aim assist which don't seem fair and which is why as a console player i'd like an alternative to it's level up weekly system AND also in it's everyday loses one beam mechanic  (If you don't think that a problem then that's ok but atleast let it be a week before decay)

15 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

My opinion has always been it was a missed opportunity not to integrate FrameFighter into Conclave as a viable means of earning Conclave experience.

Some sort of competitive PvE against other players without directly fighting other players feels like the best choice Warframe could have done.

Tbh I'd even take that up over grinding conclave knowing that the challenges will be something easy like use excal 3 time or hit a right hook 3 time in a row, We just need something to keep that syandana going years after conclave becomes completely barren. I've seen people complain how it shouldn't be fixed but Im glad your on the side of "it needs a bit of tuning" and thanks for your thoughts homes 

3 hours ago, (PSN)TheImperialDoor said:

I understand the "git gud" mind set and that crossplay helped console players but I realized really quick on day one that it wasn't as much of a "skill issue" more of a "im getting my butt handed to me on a controller by the insane pc players"

That's just an excuse; in PC there have always been good players, much better than the average ones, who use controller and that's even before crossplay was a thing. Device doesn't really matter, it's all about how familiar is the player to the game mechanics and to use them in their control device of choice.

The second or third match I joined (on recruit conditioning) had a mirage soaring through the sky two tapping me we paris at high speeds while also dominating all others which gave me a realization that this isn't gonna be too fun, and it wasn't once and not only on free for all but LUNARO TOO?!?

If this was in RC you can be sure that the player you mention stayed there because of 2 non-mutually exclusive reasons: 

1) To scare away new players

2) He's actually bad, just better than players who are entirely new to warframe or old enough and too used to the "never aim and face tank everything" from PvE.

I genuinely thought conclave was dead as a whole until crossplay which tbf didn't fix it by much.

I haven't had issues finding matches since crossplay was added.

I see your a pc player so you had conclave for awhile[...]

Conclave was added on update 10 and was the final push to make me download warframe; i'm sure conclave is even older than the console ports, so "you've had conclave for a while" too.

[...]but Im a console player who has to get a friend and grind it daily to get standing cause of the lack of players for me and how lethal the players can be.

"Lack of players" from "being a console player" won't fly anymore now that crossplay is a thing; "how lethal the players can be" shows unwillingness to improve since you can be sure that in every single game we all go through that stage of being so unfamiliar with the mechanics and systems that a minor skill gap seems actually huge until we learn/practice enough and things click.

Sorry if I sounded like I wanted a massive reward for little gain but locking an accessory to conclave is ok but locking it's best look is just weird?

All syndicate syandanas have a similar upkeep related to their syndicate theme, the PvP syandana having a PvP related upkeep makes sense, just like the ability to keep said appearance on PvE; otherwise the only way to get the Celestia entirely lit would be radiation hazard sorties and it would wear off after a few seconds, at most would last until mission end lmao.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

That's just an excuse; in PC there have always been good players, much better than the average ones, who use controller and that's even before crossplay was a thing. Device doesn't really matter, it's all about how familiar is the player to the game mechanics and to use them in their control device of choice.

That is true I can't argue that homes!

If this was in RC you can be sure that the player you mention stayed there because of 2 non-mutually exclusive reasons: 

1) To scare away new players

2) He's actually bad, just better than players who are entirely new to warframe or old enough and too used to the "never aim and face tank everything" from PvE.

1) Honesty idk but he/she was dominating in ffa while the others were lunaro (I didn't expect it), apart from that I struggle to find people and still get put into private lobbies except in ffa matches

2) Nah he was GOOD! couldn't get close, sniped with a bow and only missed twice, was using cernos and mirage (the lunaro one doesn't matter), after many matches I just started to play solo sesh with friends cause im only in it for the rewards since conclave need a tad bit of change before I stay long term but idk what it is in my mind 

I haven't had issues finding matches since crossplay was added.

Good! im glad your running smoothly but for me i still get put into private lobbies quite often and sometimes those matches are nearly done which blows for me 

Conclave was added on update 10 and was the final push to make me download warframe; i'm sure conclave is even older than the console ports, so "you've had conclave for a while" too.

Yes we had it for a long time but on console it "was" dead since console players don't like conclave and see it as a plague of some sort lol. I've tried many times before crossplay and trust me, It was just bad... sometimes you'll get like an mr 2 to stomp on but mostly just empty lobbies. The time that conclave was barren we had to get groups of player (2 people in each) to even get standing and is how I get standing till today. sorry for the miscommunication but I mean't that pc always had a higher player base and a conclave following to boot since forever which we lacked in for awhile to say the least.

"Lack of players" from "being a console player" won't fly anymore now that crossplay is a thing; "how lethal the players can be" shows unwillingness to improve since you can be sure that in every single game we all go through that stage of being so unfamiliar with the mechanics and systems that a minor skill gap seems actually huge until we learn/practice enough and things click.

tbf it won't fly anymore ik and it isnt as horrible as before for anyone I understand. By that I mean't what I mean't plus there's also mods which might also affect things, I run kronen with the slash mod and one shot or two shot people while using akstilleto with it too which 4 shots enemies and on top of that I run mesa or khora which probably aren't good wf to pick but I'm testing builds so I can manage to maintain the syandana. I'm open to learn and grow as a conclave player but accepting that a syandana needs to be maintained like a baby is strange to me... destiny has something similar but with lighthouse which makes your armor glow! pretty cool right! with it is a heft 2 weeks to enjoy it?!? I made this post not to take off it's challenge but to increase it's duration cause ik ppl will defend it (I went off topic there cause the main point of this topic isn't conclave but mainly the syandana) and thats ok keep the shiny backpack in conclave just make it so we can love it a little longer like a family pet going to a new home.

All syndicate syandanas have a similar upkeep related to their syndicate theme, the PvP syandana having a PvP related upkeep makes sense, just like the ability to keep said appearance on PvE; otherwise the only way to get the Celestia entirely lit would be radiation hazard sorties and it would wear off after a few seconds, at most would last until mission end lmao.

your on the nail with their challenges but one point was missed, the syndicate syandana's look good even without the challenges because their effect is still out like the new loka one or the arb ones  wheres their's are just amplifying what already exist, If it glowed like the syndicates syandana's then It wouldn't be such an issue cause it's level 1 version with beams will be visible and cool but it doesn't even show anything, not even a glint of light. Personally I'd find it funny if that was a thing or if sabotaging missons was the challenge LMAO XD

17 hours ago, DarkSkysz said:

Hi, ex-raids lover here. 

You're no different from the selfish pricks who came in gloating about how raids were "oBjEcTiVeLy BaD" and "nObOdY pLaYeD tHeM aNyWaY" in a thread where raiders were sharing their confusion and disappointment upon raids' removal. 

You should know better if you actually raided. How so many sycophants who had zero LOR clears, or attempted LOR once and failed, came in spouting their hot takes on a content they never tried and never were interested in, but were all the same jealous that other people got to enjoy it. You should know better than to stoop to their level. 

Please grow and improve as a person. It's been 5 years since raids' removal and it's astounding to me that people like you learned nothing from having to give up a niche content we loved. That you'd jump on a circlejerk like those other clueless people who'd take away niche content from other players just because. 

• Like 5

On 2/27/2023 at 6:33 AM, Zahnny said:

Generally agree with the first part, particularly with how three of the game modes (Annihilation, Team, and CTC) are so similar, they could be mushed into one mode without much loss. Heck, maybe it'd be an improvement, to have players working in teams and able to score in ways other than kills.

Second part, though, feels like it's too easy to slide into pay-to-win. While PvE can get away with it, given the grind is the entire point of PvE, it's a different story in a competitive sphere.

Plus, I can't say I'd be interested in PvEvP. Main reason being that it wouldn't feel competitive: anything they could do to change the nature of the game could be done with an RNG machine, and even if we were fighting in the same room, it would feel like a regular ESO run with only a vague sense of competition. The PvE part works well, but the last vP fades off.

3 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Second part, though, feels like it's too easy to slide into pay-to-win. While PvE can get away with it, given the grind is the entire point of PvE, it's a different story in a competitive sphere.

I was thinking more of, the game rolls a loadout or something, and both players are given the exact same loadout and have to try and do a better job than the other with the same kit.

Though personally, if they ever did want to do PvP again. It should involve Veilbreaker/New War gameplay of Grineer and Corpus.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...