Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salt reduction

Densoro

Can we get an, "I'm having a bad day" toggle for dialogue, so that Little Duck doesn't turn into a passive-aggressive A****** if we fail a mission? I'm already having a bad year. When I had a bad run at Archon Disruption, her S#&$-talking pissed me off so bad I beat my keyboard to death. I've never done that before, but the deliberately antagonistic BS pushed me over the edge.

inb4 'skill issue.' Maybe I am getting worse at a video game, while I'm having a panic attack over my life unraveling around me. Maybe that's why I don't need a condescending Australian making it worse.

i recommend turning Transmission Volume down significantly anyways, they're all chatty kathys and Talk over the game.
in Quests and other Narrative stuff you'll still be able to hear the Transmissions fine since those tend to be more controlled and so generally lower noise intensity.

I'm... afraid that's kinda a "you" problem in this case. I haven't seen a videogame yet that would have an option like that, its too... Out there? Too much work for very little gain.
Alternatively: can't you just set voice volume to 0 as to not hear her? I'm fairly certain that should work.

Otherwise - you'll have to avoid Disruptions for now. Getting triggered at Duck is a new one, but under your circumstances... I don't know.

1 hour ago, Densoro said:

Can we get an, "I'm having a bad day" toggle for dialogue, so that Little Duck doesn't turn into a passive-aggressive A****** if we fail a mission? I'm already having a bad year. When I had a bad run at Archon Disruption, her S#&$-talking pissed me off so bad I beat my keyboard to death. I've never done that before, but the deliberately antagonistic BS pushed me over the edge.

inb4 'skill issue.' Maybe I am getting worse at a video game, while I'm having a panic attack over my life unraveling around me. Maybe that's why I don't need a condescending Australian making it worse.

Maybe It's time to put down your beaten to death keyboard and work on the whole life unravelling part?

WF will always be around to come back to in better times.

Alternatively I should be on in a few hours if you need a carry from a condescending Australian.

On 2023-03-13 at 12:47 AM, Artekkor said:

I'm... afraid that's kinda a "you" problem in this case. I haven't seen a videogame yet that would have an option like that, its too... Out there? Too much work for very little gain.
Alternatively: can't you just set voice volume to 0 as to not hear her? I'm fairly certain that should work.

Otherwise - you'll have to avoid Disruptions for now. Getting triggered at Duck is a new one, but under your circumstances... I don't know.

Statistically it's not just a 'me' problem; mental health is going down the drain all over the world as people cope with the deaths of countless people close to them, or a life staring down the barrel of lifelong disability -- particularly if so-called safety nets are throwing them under the bus. I got triggered by a fun mashup of that nonsense, nightly rape flashbacks, and stress-induced seizures; Lil D*ck was just the cherry on top c:

On 2023-03-13 at 12:58 AM, L3512 said:

Maybe It's time to put down your beaten to death keyboard and work on the whole life unravelling part?

Yep! I'm just now getting medical attention I should've gotten 25 years ago, but couldn't afford thanks to price-gouging! Now I just have to wait on the paper-pushers who took 22 months to process my applications, and hope I don't end up dead or homeless again before then! Fun!!!

I sympathize with your situation, ultimately the best option is either avoiding the mission for now or turning transmission volume down as suggested.

Your mental health comes first and foremost, so if you aren't having fun with the game (or with a certain in-game activity), then do something else! Or, maybe you could check recruiting chat for someone willing to help you with the mission.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:47 AM, Artekkor said:

there are games that do this.

"Just King" is an indie game that has a similar feature called "Positivity Mode" which hides some snarky defeat text IIRC and it's enabled by default.

Getting kicked while you're down feels awful.

I'd like to see a feature like this added.

I'd also like to remind everyone that Operators have regular voice lines at the start of missions and during them. I turned the option for it off, and I've heard many people say the same.

DE can do it.

What we really need is an "important communications only" setting.  Like, can I do every mission blind and deaf at this point?  Yes.  But I tend to use audio cues for next step, so that I don't have to pay attention when I'm just spamming fissures.  Some, not most, but some of the audio cues are important for knowing exactly where you are in mission progress.  

What I absolutely don't need is Lotus asking me for the thousandth time if I know the story of Belric and Rania.  OF COURSE I KNOW THE STORY.  YOU TELL ME EVERY FRIGGIN MISSION.  YOU REFUSE TO STOP TELLING ME.  TYL HATES THAT RHYME AND HE STILL SAYS IT EVERY SINGLE MISSION.  ON A MISSION THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE REPEATED AND GROUND AND FARMED FOR A WHILE.  Tell you what you do, DE, the next time you're making your little voice lines.  Sit in a room with nothing but the voice lines playing on repeat, and ask yourselves which ones really need to be heard every single time.  Even as good as Tyl's VA is, the 47th time I showed up trying to get 1 of 8 possible drops for Equinox from his mission, I wanted to scream every time he opened his mouth.  I ended up muting the voice lines, which stupidly mutes every single voice line.  It also meant when something new dropped I had to turn them back on to hear what they were saying, since it was new.  It's an absolutely hamfisted, poorly designed setting.

As far as being super stressed out and just trying to relax and having some stupid character talking trash, especially when they're talking trash due to you dealing with a bug that prevents progress, yeah, I get you.  Hitting an invisible pixel in a Kdrive race and ragdolling endlessly for a hundred meters, with no way to recover, and then having some obnoxious child say "idiot shivers" made me wish for friendly fire settings.

9 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

While there at it I'd like the option to remove Vendor's snarky remarks if you don't buy anything from them.

Good god yes.  Like first off, I JUST bought something from you from one of your multiple stores or turned in a bunch of plumes for standing.  I swapped to another storefront to check the timer on something or check pricing, and after all the crap I've done for this faction, I get a "My patience is almost endless."?  Friendly fire settings when, DE?

On 3/15/2023 at 2:01 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

What we really need is an "important communications only" setting.  Like, can I do every mission blind and deaf at this point?  Yes.  But I tend to use audio cues for next step, so that I don't have to pay attention when I'm just spamming fissures.  Some, not most, but some of the audio cues are important for knowing exactly where you are in mission progress.  

Absolutely this

The worst part is how transmissions can actually delay certain things from progressing, as if everyone you're fighting is politely waiting their turn

9 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

The worst part is how transmissions can actually delay certain things from progressing, as if everyone you're fighting is politely waiting their turn

Oh, I have hated this for years.  You have to sit and wait for dialogue to pass before the game will catch up.  It drives me nuts.  At some point quite a while back, they actually made survival worse.  You used to be able to hit the console and immediately go through the doors.  Now you have to wait until lotus finishes her shpiel before the doors will open, and the whole time the game is talking trash like "It's locked dummy, go hack the console."  EXCEPT I ALREADY DID THAT.  OPEN THE DOOR.

On 2023-03-15 at 5:01 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

*snip*
What I absolutely don't need is Lotus asking me for the thousandth time if I know the story of Belric and Rania.
*snap*

Reb, if ya reading this?
I love ya work and all... but Lotus as a character has always been- and will continue be- pointless for Warframe.
You could replace her with Cressa Tal, Ordis or a dozen other NPCs to help navigate.
Very little would change in Warframe's overall story and absolutely nothing will change for gameplay.

The monotone voice she has and overall "she's just there" vibes she gives me want to find the exact frequency channel she uses and turn it into a weapon to grind for me.
From the moment I started in 2018... all the way to today, I have wanted a "Mute Lotus" option.
Well... what I really want is a "remove redundant voice lines" option, but coincidentally it's Lotus causing it most of the time.
The NPC banter is supposed to be helpful, not constantly remind me of Grineer... on a Grineer Galleon.
Yes, there is a "remove hints" option already, but it's not perfect and Lotus still baffles me in the Ropanopadopabopalyst fight for all the useless exposition she drops.

If we can get a mute for Ordis, we can absolutely do it for Lotus.
I actually prefer Ordis, just look at the Jupiter Gas City Sabotage mission for examples on that.
... or the Limbo Theorum.
... or the Jupiter Disruption node.
You get the idea.

On 2023-03-15 at 1:01 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

What I absolutely don't need is Lotus asking me for the thousandth time if I know the story of Belric and Rania.  OF COURSE I KNOW THE STORY.  YOU TELL ME EVERY FRIGGIN MISSION.  YOU REFUSE TO STOP TELLING ME.  TYL HATES THAT RHYME AND HE STILL SAYS IT EVERY SINGLE MISSION.  ON A MISSION THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE REPEATED AND GROUND AND FARMED FOR A WHILE.  Tell you what you do, DE, the next time you're making your little voice lines.  Sit in a room with nothing but the voice lines playing on repeat, and ask yourselves which ones really need to be heard every single time.  Even as good as Tyl's VA is, the 47th time I showed up trying to get 1 of 8 possible drops for Equinox from his mission, I wanted to scream every time he opened his mouth.  I ended up muting the voice lines, which stupidly mutes every single voice line.  It also meant when something new dropped I had to turn them back on to hear what they were saying, since it was new.  It's an absolutely hamfisted, poorly designed setting.

As far as being super stressed out and just trying to relax and having some stupid character talking trash, especially when they're talking trash due to you dealing with a bug that prevents progress, yeah, I get you.  Hitting an invisible pixel in a Kdrive race and ragdolling endlessly for a hundred meters, with no way to recover, and then having some obnoxious child say "idiot shivers" made me wish for friendly fire settings.

Good god yes.  Like first off, I JUST bought something from you from one of your multiple stores or turned in a bunch of plumes for standing.  I swapped to another storefront to check the timer on something or check pricing, and after all the crap I've done for this faction, I get a "My patience is almost endless."?  Friendly fire settings when, DE?

God, allllll of this. Kicking the player while they're down is just annoying, full-stop. The knuckleheads at Fortuna seem to have a particular penchant for this crap. I wanted them to be my favorite faction, but they're just pointlessly, obnoxiously abrasive for no reason -- and stingy with their stupid rewards! (Except Ticker, natch <3) I can deal with a lot of BS as long as the game doesn't take its sweet time slapping me across the face with its jewels.

On 2023-03-15 at 3:41 AM, PollexMessier said:

While there at it I'd like the option to remove Vendor's snarky remarks if you don't buy anything from them. It's a trope that exists in nearly every game and it's really annoying. Imagine if every vendor in real life acted like that.

Imagine if vendors signed off with fun banter once you got your rep up, instead of passive-aggression. Give 'em the full-on Baro treatment. Y'know, like the game's telling us we became close friends or something.

1 hour ago, Densoro said:

God, allllll of this. Kicking the player while they're down is just annoying, full-stop. The knuckleheads at Fortuna seem to have a particular penchant for this crap. I wanted them to be my favorite faction, but they're just pointlessly, obnoxiously abrasive for no reason

There's a double standard here too.  They literally call you an idiot, even if failure was a result of bad design or bugs.  If I was to call someone at DE an idiot for having hover boards affected by tiny little bumps the ground, I'd be modded for it, because it's a personal attack.  The same as if you or I called each other idiots.  Not allowed.  Unless DE does it to the players.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

There's a double standard here too.  They literally call you an idiot, even if failure was a result of bad design or bugs.  If I was to call someone at DE an idiot for having hover boards affected by tiny little bumps the ground, I'd be modded for it, because it's a personal attack.  The same as if you or I called each other idiots.  Not allowed.  Unless DE does it to the players.

Yeah well the folk who were stupid enough to get into debt with the Corpus should maybe think of the glass house before they cast the idiot stones.

Archived