Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss when new prime weapons were interesting

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

I actually like the minimal stat boosts, though I'd like for them to have some special mechanic. Last time we had gun like that was Pyrana transforming into AkPyrana or arguably Corinth Prime with the magazine feed. Simple reskins with powercreep stats are just boring, but I agree that Larkspur was just spitting in the face.

At least Magnus has its gimmick with infinite ammo and we had AkVasto added to Baro so the AkMagnus could also be.

I don't mind the minimal stat boost if we get unique mechanic in exchange and extension of already existing ones, but it's sadly not the case.

Larkspur for example, is already a complexe weapon, but still could get something like a longer chain, faster alt fire charge time or other stuff that make it superior in the ideal case without being a raw DPS increase, but still being interesting.

Most of recent prime weapons are just there to increase the non-prime disposition and make that one better rather than being a direct upgrade, it's really weird.

Il y a 1 heure, RobWasHere a dit :

At least Magnus has its gimmick with infinite ammo and we had AkVasto added to Baro so the AkMagnus could also be.

It's true for Magnus, but sadly not for any weapon that got the dual version first.
Right now there is only Afuris and Akbolto, but they are both very weak weapons with a cool augment, so this is sad.

sure. we stopped getting significant stat upgrades for a "we want Weapons to be more different instead". but then we don't tend to get stuff that is actually much different.
or the differences are controversial enough. still not happy about Corinth - that completely changes the feel of the Weapon to basically a different Category of Weapon (just make a new Weapon for that then, breh).

and i can appreciate on Furis, but single Magnus is way cooler than dual. dual doesn't have the mega memes Augment :)

probably boxed themselves into a corner with a system that ofcourse came to exist as a powercreep excuse, and doesn't really have a point in existing if you aren't doing that, so when you decide you don't want to do that so much anymore, you end up with some weird results.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Literally every prime access now just feels like a couple of generic weapons with very VERY small stat buffs that ultimately make very little difference in performance. Or a considerable upgrade to a weapon nobody really even asked for (We wanted akmagnus P we get Magnus P. We wanted Furis p we get afuris P).

Indeed, this is also compounded by warframes being released with signature weapons so a lot of Prime access can be guessed in advance.

Except for shade prime of course why would anyone have ever guessed that, almost like DE were trying to stop people buying Prime access.

I'm sure DE realized it made less sense to put much effort into prime weapon upgrades when,

1.  Almost everybody (outside new players) can farm them on the first day they're released
  2.  Almost everybody (outside some bitter vets) is going to want them whether they're big upgrades or not
  3.  There's less need for big weapon upgrades from a balance standpoint anyway.  (See: Phantasma)
  4.  It's better to save their power budget and creative energy for weapons that will take a lot longer to grind

Prime weapons should be better and more interesting than their normal versions. I don't mean just buffing a few numbers. That's usually not worth it because the normal version has higher Riven Dispo which can often make up for it, just look at Phantasma.

A good example is Pyrana Prime, which creates a short lived ethereal copy of the weapon after three quick kills, essentially doubling your DPS. It's a great gimmick that makes the weapon interesting and fun.

I understand coming up with gimmicks like this all the time is impossible but even if some weapons would share them it would still be cool. Heck, DE can take the lazy way out and just give semi auto Prime weapon trigger toggle or full auto feature (with no damage difference).

14 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

1.  There's less need for big weapon upgrades from a balance standpoint anyway.  (See: Phantasma

This ticks me off too. Why make a brand new weapon if it’s not even worth using over the original?

You can stick with regular Phantasma and it’ll be just as effective as Phantasma prime. So WTF is the point of Phantasma prime?

it is a whole 5 MR higher. It should have stats that reflect that.

Archived