Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

6 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Considering we can see the Lotus' hand attached to drifter during gameplay, I assume the entirety of Duviri (not only the intro quest) is going to be set between the defeat of our Tenno and Drifter's appearance during the new war.

We probably won't be shown the moment the drifter escapes Duviri to help us.

I think so too..

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I think so too..

And I don't want DE to answer us that question either. 

That makes Duviri very interesting in itself. We MUST NOT know when the Drifter escapes Duviri. That should be another chapter in the Warframe Universe. 

29 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Did you, not like read the rest of the comment I made or pick only one part of it? I am missing some huge Context here, I asked someone else what the point of having Durvri as a Roguelike game is if you could just play with your AFK Frame

Yes, and the question is a counterpoint to your argument.  There is no point in having a RL mode if you can AFK with a frame, but there is no reason to have a RL mode at all.  This isn't a RL game.  No one with two functioning braincells downloaded Warframe with the hopes of a RL experience, that's not why people play it, there is no reason to add it, especially as the new game mode.  

I fully understand that if we just got our equipment at random that it would remove a lot of the RL aspect, but I'm making the argument that there shouldn't be one in the first place.  

30 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Excuse me if I'm wrong but Duviri seems to be in the past. In the very past. I'm confused because that is exactly the nexus between the Drifter and the Tenno. I don't honestly know where this world is at. Where is Duviri? Is it a singularity in a space time? Is it before the new war or EVEN THE OLD WAR? 

When the events of Duviri happens in the timestamps the game provides with the lore. 

I do have to give DE that. They DO know how to make ENIGMATIC worlds. 

It isn't, not exactly, I'll do my best to explain it here:

The Duviri itself we're unsure what it is as we've never had it explained to us, but it seems to be related to the Void and The Lidless Eye (Manindahwall) in some fashion, as at the end of the New War, both it and the Duviri starts leaking into our world (The Black and White colour bleeds around us), that's at least what my guess is.

However During the Zariman Ten Zero when all the "Void Jump" happened the Tenno took the Devil's offer (so to speak) to help save their classmates from the crazed adults trying to kill them, We this in action as we're thrown back in time (likely the Tenno, showing the Drifter). 

However, the Drifter Tell us that they are a version where they didn't get saved from the Zariman Ten Zero and more than likely did NOT take the offer from the Lidless Eye as the Drifter does not have any Void Powers and during that point, either found the Duviri by wandering the ship or got banished there, cuz there is a "Doorway" into that world, where the Dormzine is (How or why it got there, we don't know).

Fast forward all the way to the New War, when the Tenno gets stabbed (and "killed") this somehow breaks the endless cycle the Drifter has been trapped in, as we're still connected to the Tenno in some form (The Voided version of the blade hits the Drifter) and the Tenno is sent back to the Void, likely trapped in a pocket somewhere (Trapped in Hell). No Tenno means that no one can stop Balls from taking over the system, this happens in the New War.

At some point it's not clear how long Ballas stayed ruler, the Drifter got out of Duviri and started helping the Lotus for their own reason (A way to say thank you, for the hand?, the Lotus knew about this other version?, who knows why) and then we play as the Drifter in New War. So the Duviri takes place before and in between the new War, more than likely.

It's very confusing, I won't fault DE on storytelling, but making sense of things, it's not their strong suit, they have messed with Story Quests by throwing in random ideas they get, a timeline of quests broke a long time ago and in the end of the day, they just leave it up to the players to make their guess.

P.S: This "Temporal Axioms" stuff IMO, is just a "meh" way of not making sense of anything since everything can just be "lol Eternalism!" (Teshin is dead, but Teshin is not dead, cuz wow Eternalism!)

On 2023-04-05 at 4:33 AM, TheArmchairThinker said:
On 2023-04-01 at 4:08 PM, DebrisFlow said:

I think we all created an account because of warframe gameplay.

Define "warframe gameplay

Pretty much what has been said here

On 2023-04-05 at 4:40 AM, Felsagger said:

Easy. 

Speed thrusting, combo warping and mlti jump using directional bullet jump, odd camera view positioning in simultaneous action against the enemy, melee weapon momentum impulse, fast parkour, 4 abilities combo using multiple in combination, duo game play of tenno/drifter and warframe. Mod configuration of weapons and warframe. Skill tree selection affinity of warframe and tenno. 

and i would add another important thing: a rich choiche between many frames, primary/secondary/melee weapons, companions, etc. Kahl missions stripped that away completely and i doubt that Duviri will match that amount of diversity any time soon if not at all.

18 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Pretty much what has been said here

and i would add another important thing: a rich choiche between many frames, primary/secondary/melee weapons, companions, etc. Kahl missions stripped that away completely and i doubt that Duviri will match that amount of diversity any time soon if not at all.

And between your post and Felsagger's, the only things that were in the game originally were the camera position (and their use of the word "odd" to describe it just makes me think they have never played a third-person shooter other than Warframe, since it's fairly standard as far as that genre goes), and the presence of the 3-weapon system (and even then, melee weapons originally weren't usable standalone).

Put simply, this definition of "Warframe gameplay" is one that would not apply to Warframe itself.

57 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And between your post and Felsagger's, the only things that were in the game originally were the camera position (and their use of the word "odd" to describe it just makes me think they have never played a third-person shooter other than Warframe, since it's fairly standard as far as that genre goes), and the presence of the 3-weapon system (and even then, melee weapons originally weren't usable standalone).

Put simply, this definition of "Warframe gameplay" is one that would not apply to Warframe itself.

Mario 64 uses this method of detached camera from the actor. I forgot to write the definition of that term. 

Odd positioning refers to concept where the direction of aiming IS NOT the same as the direction of traveling. 

Detached camera usually do not align and MUST NOT align with the character always. Somehow third person points of views are fixed in some games than others allowing 360 pan camera. 

There are two methods. One of them align the camera with the actor where the camera points directly where the actor is aiming. Second method, the camera and the actor are detached where the direction of the actor is different than what the camera is seeing. 

I know a bit more about cameras since this is my daily bread in 3D modeling and architecture. 

18 hours ago, Corvid said:

If by "originally" you mean 2013/2014 no, our definition does not fit. But was that DE's intended gameplay or just a starting point limited by early development resources? Don't tell me that to define it you would only look at its infancy rather than also to its maturity.

The combination of what Felsagger and I said is what describes the final product and central idea of blade&gun-ninja-movement.  And i would also boldly assume that this evolved gameplay is what kept us hooked and what's actually selling the idea of warframe outside and attracting new players.

Yes, through the years DE experimented with different systems (operator, archwing, necramechs, etc) that are now officially part of the WarframeTM game. They should all concur in the definition of WarframeTM gameplay, but would you say that they are a main attraction, or that they only gravitate around the core blade&gun-techno-magic-ninja-movement? Would you say that their appeal would work in standalone, without being integrated to this core? Did archwing work in standalone missions? Are necramech + operator well received in Orphix missions? Kahl? 

Duviri seems to be on the road of a standalone non-blade&gun-techno-magic-ninja-movement (apart from a new elusive endless mode). I highly doubt that this new experimentation will be able to consistently satisfy the primal blade&gun-techno-magic-ninja-movement itch that's core of the game, and i think that nostalgy for 2013/2014 is a perception bias tarnishing the entertainment superiority of actual gameplay.

21 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Not sure, the OG timeline was that Duviri takes place during TNW and slightly in-between, as in the trailer the Drifter gets stabbed by a Voided version of the same blade that "killed" our Tenno and the Lotus's hand also reached the Duviri world.

However a lot has changed since then, so my guess is that it takes place in-between TNW where the Tenno are battling their War (Kahl and what have you) is happing, but when the Tenno is killed, we don't have an ETA of how long that was since the Tenno was killed (As worlds got took over) and that does take some time.

So I assume it'll be like this:

Duviri Starts (Drifter as reapted his life over and over)

TWN Starts (Something breaks that loop due to the Tenno getting killed and Lotus hand landing)

Duviri: (Likely we're finding a way out of the Duviri, as the Tenno is dead and we're trying to find a way out, we find our way out via " brain melting space magic")

TNW/Duviri: (Either the Quest ends as we meet our Tenno or we "Meet" the Tenno via Drifter's side) (Very likely Quest just ends and we meet our Tenno, as DE did say you have to play Duviri before TNW)

However, we have no clue, as Duviri is now a "New way to play" so that messes up the timeline even more and DE suck at keeping timelines or quest lines.

I can say what  my Theory (Or I guess "Roleplay") is if you like, of what I am following that is cannon for "My Tenno" and such, if you really care for such.

I pretty much think of the same quest steps. I just hope they tie in how we get to the point of being able to use the tenno and frames in the undercroft, I also hope they wont cheese it and say "frames exsist on the drifter side aswell". For me seeing how DE will tie things together will be as interesting as the quest/content itself.

1 hour ago, DebrisFlow said:

But was that DE's intended gameplay

It was, they changed it due to popular glitches that made the game quicker than what they intended. The reason they changed the game rather than just patching the bugs was because back then they were in a very precarious situation, financially speaking, and couldn't risk a mass playerbase revolt.

1 hour ago, DebrisFlow said:

I highly doubt that this new experimentation will be able to consistently satisfy the primal blade&gun-techno-magic-ninja-movement itch that's core of the game

That experimentation is more core to Warframe's identity than any of the things you and Felsagger listed, because unlike them, it has been present from the very start and continues to this day.

That is what has kept me (and no doubt many others) interested in the game. The fact that DE aren't willing to let themselves be limited by what others think Warframe is or should be. Duviri is simply continuing that trend.

52 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I pretty much think of the same quest steps. I just hope they tie in how we get to the point of being able to use the tenno and frames in the undercroft, I also hope they wont cheese it and say "frames exsist on the drifter side aswell". For me seeing how DE will tie things together will be as interesting as the quest/content itself.

Yeah, tho "tieing things" isn't really their strong suit, I won't hold my breath, it's more than likely that they are pulling the Frame out from the other side for quick use, similar to why Shadow can be used as a Frame, either Stalker allowed someone to make a Frame in his favour or he lets someone control him for a few moments (Not sure why he'll agree to such, but we're Drifters, not Tenno) 

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, tho "tieing things" isn't really their strong suit, I won't hold my breath, it's more than likely that they are pulling the Frame out from the other side for quick use, similar to why Shadow can be used as a Frame, either Stalker allowed someone to make a Frame in his favour or he lets someone control him for a few moments (Not sure why he'll agree to such, but we're Drifters, not Tenno) 

"The other side" in Duviri looks like what "Orokin society" would look like if the Tenno never ended them. (at least, what a colony would look like.)

They have Dax soldiers instead of Warframes (given Warframes didn't exist in their society until after the Zariman incident). Given our Stalker's origin, and the fact that the Tenno never rebelled in Duviri (as far as we know), the Stalker's presence there isn't all that strange to me, even seeing him as an ally, rather than an enemy. The stalker was on the Zariman as one of the tenno, apparently (at least Hunhow heavily implied that the Stalker was also a tenno, that hates himself as much as those he seeks to kill, though it hasn't been 100% confirmed), so his presence is expected, at the very least, and the Duviri version wouldn't have the reason to hate the other tenno (no slaying of the orokin.)

As to why the drifter gains access to Warframes, if I were to hazard a guess, given what we saw in the Duviri teaser trailer so many years ago, there is some manner of activity that we Tenno initiate to push our things into Duviri (the operator passing the gun through the hole to the drifter, for instance.) I am guessing that Teshin puts the pieces together and explains things to the drifter, living in that cave that serves as a sort of gateway between Duviri and the origin system.

Since it is unclear how much time has passed in the Void, and the cyclical (groundhog's day style) nature of the world, with events happening over and over (it seems, at least that was my impression from one of the reveals where we used the relay to see things Duviri related)... It may even be the Lotus's hand that initiates this unique interaction, breaking that cycle and pulling other elements into the drifter's world.

34 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah Stalker will definently be an interesting thing to see them explain and try to add up. All of the frames for that matter aswell. There are just so many thing that would need to actually happen in the story for those things to be possible and available. But since this is a new player experience aswell, jumping to those point of TNW with the Duviri quest would be odd too.

I mean, up to the point where we are introduced to the Drifter in TNW would be OK, everything after that would just be odd spoilers for what actually happens in TNW.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

As to why the drifter gains access to Warframes, if I were to hazard a guess, given what we saw in the Duviri teaser trailer so many years ago, there is some manner of activity that we Tenno initiate to push our things into Duviri (the operator passing the gun through the hole to the drifter, for instance.) I am guessing that Teshin puts the pieces together and explains things to the drifter, living in that cave that serves as a sort of gateway between Duviri and the origin system.

That part I take more as a flashback. The moment when the Drifter seems confused and wants to use his powers, is the same moment the tenno gets stabbed and thrown into the void in TNW. And the tenno hiding the gun is really the Drifter remembering hiding the gun when he was younger. We have to remeber the adults went bat S#&$ crazy in the drifter reality aswell, and we can see from the video that they are far from the actual settlement, which is faaaar off in the distance. So I take it as the drifter and other surviving tenno took what they could from the Z and fled far out into the Duviri landscape to avoid the adults. Bringing weapons with them incase the adults were ever to hunt them down. The gun we see in the video looks very old.

Also, while Stalker may have been a tenno according to Hunhow, it doesnt explain how he has an actual Stalker frame if no frames were built on the drifter side.

2 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

"The other side" in Duviri looks like what "Orokin society" would look like if the Tenno never ended them. (at least, what a colony would look like.)

They have Dax soldiers instead of Warframes (given Warframes didn't exist in their society until after the Zariman incident). Given our Stalker's origin, and the fact that the Tenno never rebelled in Duviri (as far as we know), the Stalker's presence there isn't all that strange to me, even seeing him as an ally, rather than an enemy. The stalker was on the Zariman as one of the tenno, apparently (at least Hunhow heavily implied that the Stalker was also a tenno, that hates himself as much as those he seeks to kill, though it hasn't been 100% confirmed), so his presence is expected, at the very least, and the Duviri version wouldn't have the reason to hate the other tenno (no slaying of the orokin.)

Since it is unclear how much time has passed in the Void, and the cyclical (groundhog's day style) nature of the world, with events happening over and over (it seems, at least that was my impression from one of the reveals where we used the relay to see things Duviri related)... It may even be the Lotus's hand that initiates this unique interaction, breaking that cycle and pulling other elements into the drifter's world.

Interesting way of looking at it for sure

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah Stalker will definently be an interesting thing to see them explain and try to add up. All of the frames for that matter aswell. There are just so many thing that would need to actually happen in the story for those things to be possible and available. But since this is a new player experience aswell, jumping to those point of TNW with the Duviri quest would be odd too.

Yeah I have to wonder how they'll sort it all 

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

It was, they changed it due to popular glitches that made the game quicker than what they intended. The reason they changed the game rather than just patching the bugs was because back then they were in a very precarious situation, financially speaking, and couldn't risk a mass playerbase revolt.

How many times DE where in that situation? Many times. There are few employees and fans working for free with accounts here taking care of the classical damage control. It's a standard procedure in many gaming forums, enterprises and firms. Opinión control IS a thing. 

The game went quicker because people liked that and eventually became the preference. DE had ZERO idea that things where this way. The public accepted it and gave shape to the game. Guess what? That's the game play and the flavor that made warframe be warframe. People found ways to glitch the game towards what people believed that the game should be. It was some sort of a vote in favor of DE. 

That experimentation is more core to Warframe's identity than any of the things you and Felsagger listed, because unlike them, it has been present from the very start and continues to this day.

Nah, that's not it. 

That's a licence to slacking. If experimentation where the case then thousands of things would be way better than the things we already have. DE would be extremely busy realizing their experiments in full splendor than having a collection of incomplete projects. 

Just imagine, we have tilesets that are almost 10 years old. 

yu1ytml0gjsa1.png

That is what has kept me (and no doubt many others) interested in the game. The fact that DE aren't willing to let themselves be limited by what others think Warframe is or should be. Duviri is simply continuing that trend.

Duviri is the "me too" trend that From Software got right in Dark Souls and now Elden Ring. 

Let me give you an idea what made Warframe great. People find ways to MODIFY the game towards what they wanted. The word that you are looking for is FLEXIBILITY. With Duviri we are going backward, towards RESTRICTION. 

I will say it here, Warframe is ten times more flexible than Elden Ring. Warframe has a better identity than many of these games that DE tries to emulate. DE found their VOCABULARY and their CREATIVITY. However they are hesitant all the time with the "me too trend". 

Personally I am stoked for Duviri! Cannot wait! Rogue Like Gameplay is super exciting. Especially if it ties back into normal gameplay loops the way I’m expecting.

I expect the tenno will use focus trees and the drifter will use intrinsics. Different buffs and abilities gained in different ways applicable on all planets. I’d expect duviri to be the only way to farm intrinsics to better familiarize the playerbase with the drifter system. 

Furthermore as far the Rogue Like gameplay, personally this is what I have always been expecting from their open worlds from the start along with Skyrim styled Radiant Story quests. Which give open worlds a different feeling than most game modes, without the big empty feeling the plagues the first worlds. 

I love what DE is seems be too be doing in Duviri! So much so I bought the domizone which I never thought I would do as I had barely decorated my orbiter, just knick knacks I picked up along the way. Now, I’m actively farming standing for decorations, buying plat to get more decorations, building monsters from ayatans, baro is here this week and I need about 110million credits for the decorations I’m buying, and I’ve got 20 mil. Need to farm like 9k ducats. I have gotten the deluxe skin for around 49 of the frames and updated the builds of everyone but styanax who belongs to the grinder… er the helminth. So no matter my random options I’m always in style and always powerful. Basically, I’m so excited I’m engaging with old systems I never found valuable. And playing with frames I’d long forgotten. 

As far as the gameplay goes, it does seem a little slowly paced and sparse of enemies not quite the hordes I was hoping to see. Hopefully this gets beefed up before release or in a subsequent patch. 

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

Personally I am stoked for Duviri! Cannot wait! Rogue Like Gameplay is super exciting. Especially if it ties back into normal gameplay loops the way I’m expecting.

I expect the tenno will use focus trees and the drifter will use intrinsics. Different buffs and abilities gained in different ways applicable on all planets. I’d expect duviri to be the only way to farm intrinsics to better familiarize the playerbase with the drifter system. 

Furthermore as far the Rogue Like gameplay, personally this is what I have always been expecting from their open worlds from the start along with Skyrim styled Radiant Story quests. Which give open worlds a different feeling than most game modes, without the big empty feeling the plagues the first worlds. 

I love what DE is seems be too be doing in Duviri! So much so I bought the domizone which I never thought I would do as I had barely decorated my orbiter, just knick knacks I picked up along the way. Now, I’m actively farming standing for decorations, buying plat to get more decorations, building monsters from ayatans, baro is here this week and I need about 110million credits for the decorations I’m buying, and I’ve got 20 mil. Need to farm like 9k ducats. I have gotten the deluxe skin for around 49 of the frames and updated the builds of everyone but styanax who belongs to the grinder… er the helminth. So no matter my random options I’m always in style and always powerful. Basically, I’m so excited I’m engaging with old systems I never found valuable. And playing with frames I’d long forgotten. 

As far as the gameplay goes, it does seem a little slowly paced and sparse of enemies not quite the hordes I was hoping to see. Hopefully this gets beefed up before release or in a subsequent patch. 

Meh..

I don't mind whichever decisions DE makes. If DE leaves the game flexible for the Tenno/Drifter/Warframe/Railjack they can do whatever they want even copy pasting anything trendy if that where the case. 

On 2023-04-07 at 10:59 AM, Felsagger said:

And I don't want DE to answer us that question either. 

That makes Duviri very interesting in itself. We MUST NOT know when the Drifter escapes Duviri. That should be another chapter in the Warframe Universe. 

The quests ending will likely involve Drifter escaping. Considering that warframes are involved our Drifter will have access to void powers.  

So Drifter has to escape in order for that to happen. As much as I do agree with the idea of that happening in another chapter the likelihood of that happening is nearly zero.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

The quests ending will likely involve Drifter escaping. Considering that warframes are involved our Drifter will have access to void powers.  

So Drifter has to escape in order for that to happen. As much as I do agree with the idea of that happening in another chapter the likelihood of that happening is nearly zero.

I know.

For self containing reasons in the narrative. There should be a start and conclusion for Duviri. But I have 50/50 feelings. I think Duviri makes a lot of things right and a lot of things off shore. I think Duviri can make better the game since DE is throwing a lot of risks in it. 

To be honest I want Duviri to succeed more than to fail. That's how I feel about it. 

13 hours ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

Rogue Like Gameplay is super exciting. Especially if it ties back into normal gameplay loops the way I’m expecting.

As far as I can tell, this won't loop/tie back into normal gameplay loops (at alteast right out the gate), however Tazz, I'd keep the hype down to a bare minimum if I was you, as I'd also love to have the choice to use the Drifter over the Tenno (AKA: Other players will choose between Tenno who uses Focus and Drifter will use Intrinsics)

This is why I plan only to spend the rest of my Warframe days (if I enjoy the update enough to even consider that) in Duviri. However, I might be wrong and DE does in fact plan for us to have 2 separate Arks of how we wish to play and allow us to do exactly as you wanted. (But not holding my breath).

13 hours ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

bought the domizone. barely decorated orbiter, actively farming standing for decorations

You do you, but I won't touch the domizone until they can prove to me that, they came it a place that I can log into, similarly to the Camp/Orbiter, if not, it's gonna be another dead location (more dead then it already is), so I'd clam a little about spending plat or using your time farming for decorations just for a spot you'll be visiting just to openly walk into the Duviri (cuz they'll likely be a choice to hop into the Open World or go into the little "hub") 

Not sure why DE added a "Mirror" to the room (besides to show how cool "reflections" work, which every game as done at this point) but seeing that, maybe they will add the other stuff to that room, such as Fonrdry and Mod thing, etc.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

It won't more then likely, this is a Drifter gameplay, not inside your Warframe Gameplay, unless you will only spend half your time in the Warfrmae only section, then well...

11 hours ago, Felsagger said:

To be honest I want Duviri to succeed more than to fail. That's how I feel about it. 

For once I want the same, I want Duviri to be something I can stay in and enjoy, over and over

18 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Nah, that's not it. 

That's a licence to slacking. If experimentation where the case then thousands of things would be way better than the things we already have. DE would be extremely busy realizing their experiments in full splendor than having a collection of incomplete projects. 

Just imagine, we have tilesets that are almost 10 years old. 

But all the experiments do work though, the only thing they dont do is tie into a bigger picture, so many of them are islands overall. But that is kinda part of being experiments, creating it, getting it out there and see how people like it. And with WF I just dont get the obsession people have over islands. What is the actual harm? It all ties in as much as it needs to work with things on a larger scale i.e our overall progression. Kahl was a bust since it really isnt tied to any progression nor benefits from our previous progression. Nihil is kinda at the same level, Exploiter to an extent too.

Reworking tiles isnt really a priority, it is in the end a GAAS game, F2P at that, so content released need to bring something for people to do, a map rework doesnt do that. Which is why we get tile reworks when it actually ties into the content they plan to release, like the gas city tile, corpus ships and so on recieving extensive face lifts and redesigns.

3 hours ago, Myscho said:

I dont expect anything from Duviri, after seeing previous updates which implies that Duviri will be dead within two months

That is generous. Games endure that timeframe. 

Bonnie Ross threw to the gutter the Franchise Halo with three game. I never expected to take three games to do so. But it happened 343i without any reasonable doubt sucked ass. Bungie with Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach did a fantastic Job. Why change the formula when it was winning? The same happened with Disney Star Wars. The franchise turned into horse excrement under Kathleen Kennedy. Took her three movies to literally make the work of Lucas unsalvageable. Many franchises where literally throwing including MCU. I don't even want to start with the garbage produced in a daily basis with Avatar 2. Great special effects with a script written by a drunk horse with a typewriter. 

TWO MONTH, well usually that's the time frame retention  for any given game. You are being generous. The video game industry went downhill lately. At least two months is fairly good in a landscape where great franchises are dying like if they were taken by a biblical plague. Quality is no longer a priority in this date and age. There are few exceptions here and there like the Expanse and Cowboy Bebop but you must be lucky of finding those gems. Rarely you find games like God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West, Batman Arkham Knight, Spiderman, Spiderman Miles Morales, Elden Ring, Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, Bloodburne and No Man Sky. 

I think you are way too optimistic. 343i simply threw away Halo Infinite to the trash can. But the greatest irony was Battlefield 2042. Dice rescued the franchise using the model that made Battlefield great. They modernized the experience simply by providing the factors that made previous games great. At least that fiasco is having a good rebound. Two individuals will enjoy perpetual hate. Kathleen Kennedy and Bonnie Ross. Those two could be villains in any video game. I'm sure the video game will sell like no tomorrow. If we speak about The Last of Us 1 and The Last of Us 2, the story would be the same, a tragedy. Woke agenda threw away great franchises like TLoU. 

Looks like many franchises and industries decided to literally THROW. If we add Games of Thrones to the mix, the pain keeps increasing. 

Let me put it in simple terms. Two months is the life of a video game. With all honesty DE is doing more than fine in a landscape where everybody else is simply dropping the ball entirely. Warframe survival is a miracle but it happened. 

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But all the experiments do work though

K-drives didn't. 

Lunaro didn't 

RNG pvp without dedicated servers didn't 

Yes any experiment could survive but DE simply abandon them. That's the problem. 

, the only thing they don't do is tie into a bigger picture, so many of them are islands overall. But that is kinda part of being experiments, creating it, getting it out there and see how people like it.

Plains of Eidolon ended up being deeply stale and dead. No serious updates. It needs a passover. 

Fortuna ended up being monotonous and cumbersome. It needs another passover, got something in the New War but remained a big cube of ice, dead. 

Deimos ended up being a good bugfest. This one had a good story but again the world was small and many opportunities got lost like fighting Vome or being in the middle of a serious fight between those two creatures. 

Yes, I want Duviri to succeed just for two months. But the track record that DE build doesn't help me be positive. Yes DE can work good things but they ABANDON THEM. This is again the main problem. DE is a capable developer but ABANDONMENT is a serious CRIME committed to their own creations. 

Would be awesome if DE carries the experimentalism with RESPECT instead of doing throwaways, where many of them still have potential. 

And with WF I just dont get the obsession people have over islands. What is the actual harm? It all ties in as much as it needs to work with things on a larger scale i.e our overall progression. Kahl was a bust since it really isnt tied to any progression nor benefits from our previous progression. Nihil is kinda at the same level, Exploiter to an extent too.

Kahl was good but guess what, DE is not giving the necessary love to make it work. Again, it's consistency. 

Reworking tiles isnt really a priority, it is in the end a GAAS game, F2P at that, so content released need to bring something for people to do, a map rework doesnt do that. Which is why we get tile reworks when it actually ties into the content they plan to release, like the gas city tile, corpus ships and so on recieving extensive face lifts and redesigns.

You are right. 

NEVER WERE a PRIORITY. That's exactly my point. It should be A PRIORITY BECAUSE this is the PRESENTATION of the game. Warframes depends on the LEVEL DESIGN to exist. If levels are great then we can use our tools more often and be happy about them. If we don't have a good place to use them then why have them in the first place. 

If DE provides care to the tilesets and the details people will continue exploring, using and playing the game for a LONGER TIME. Isn't this what DE wants? Money? 

See? 

Archived