Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

19 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Even if this post is the definition of an Irony, despite if it is on purpose or not. I'll say it again. Ervin, If you want to troll, troll away. No one stops you. Have fun doing that. 

However, I must inform you that not everybody sees the world the way you see it. Sorry, It's a tough reality out there for you to digest but that's how the world rolls. Carry on with your attitude. 

What does worldview have to do with anything? You are simply claiming you are fascinated by a culture you know nothing about and try to attribute things to that culture that are clearly not connected to it. I mean, feel free to point out the "asiatic" or more accurately chinese vibes you get from forbidden west, or how the oro wyrm is of asian design if you think I'm trolling. It shouldnt be hard if you are fascinated by the culture right?

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

What does worldview have to do with anything? You are simply claiming you are fascinated by a culture you know nothing about and try to attribute things to that culture that are clearly not connected to it. I mean, feel free to point out the "asiatic" or more accurately chinese vibes you get from forbidden west, or how the oro wyrm is of asian design if you think I'm trolling. It shouldnt be hard if you are fascinated by the culture right?

Ervin, are you having a 40 hours job? Looks like your posts are losing a lot of quality lately. Just get some sleep. Don't worry about anything. Go to bed. 

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's a fair way of looking at it, if I'm going, to be honest with you xD

Although I don't usually check the forums each day, I will check if someone has replied to me and respond as soon as I can, but as of late I have been, as generally, this update does perk my interest but still remain pessimistic. Maybe just the way you worded it but it did generally at first sound like your advantage person praising the ground that Warframe walks on, so to speak and I'll always ask them why they think that way, so my bad.

I am curious tho, though a few people dislike the update due to it's not "Warframe" enough, what is your take on that? 

The update is not going to be bad in all honesty. However I will not be spending too much time in it, Psi. I'll probably spend more time with Horizon Zero Buring shores making weird builds. Guerrilla Games is ramping the system with different types of damage. 

Duviri for me is just an eco of other successful games in my opinion. I rather prefer if DE follows their good intuition of making rare things out of the trendy bandwagon of games. When DE gets creative, I get interested. 

3 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Ervin, are you having a 40 hours job? Looks like your posts are losing a lot of quality lately. Just get some sleep. Don't worry about anything. Go to bed. 

Na I'm fine, I'm just honestly genuinely interested in your actual PoV, which I dont know why you try to dodge out of.

9 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

If we use that rubric then Railjack is literally a disaster worst than any forest fire we've ever seen.

Idk, I see quite a lot of people doing RJ, so it seems to have a decent player retention. If we take that on a personal level, for me RJ is also capable for keeping me occupied rather long. I mean for some months now I basically only log into Warframe either to run Void Fissures or to play RJ.

Certainly miles above KDrives.

Don't worry about it. My point of view will not change the elliptic spiral orbit of the earth or alter the space time physical nature of the universe. :p

The good thing is that DE is launching between the release of great games. That can help them or Crucify them. Duviri Launch window coincided with Burning Shores and another awaited game release. 

DE will be picking bread crumbles again of the industry as usual. The launch window can hurt them. I honestly don't know why they launched in April. 

1 minute ago, ant99999 said:

Idk, I see quite a lot of people doing RJ, so it seems to have a decent player retention. If we take that on a personal level, for me RJ is also capable for keeping me occupied rather long. I mean for some months now I basically only log into Warframe either to run Void Fissures or to play RJ.

Certainly miles above KDrives.

Yes, right now Railjack is playable and enjoyable. I've seen some activity around it. 

20 hours ago, Felsagger said:

THIS IS DIFFERENT, LOZA. They are changing the pace of the Warframe for the pace of the the drifter. In Rialjack you still use your warframe and hack and slash with your warframe boarding other ships or repel boardings of the enemy. The WARFRAME is involved. 

The same applies to Duviri though. Undercroft will be a regular part of the full Duviri experience and a stand alone part where all the "best" items are obtained, and that mode is with your WF. The only question is if that mode will be available at SP difficulty while running the "full" Duviri experience or not. If not it will be the sole "endgame" mode of Duviri and only be 100% Warframe gameplay, since you need to run it at SP setting to get those endgame rewards.

with 600 replies Someone probably said this before, but I'm happy our expectations aren't too big, and that finally DE stopped overhyping new updates.

they kept hyping up the new War I was expecting a full War sequence with all of the key characters fighting with the tenno against the sentients...we instead got another very personal story. it was good, but not up to the hype we got.

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Oh, dear, now you've got me all nostalgic for better times

Yea, like, remember before Update 17? When Equinox was about to come out? What a glorious dumpster fire those threads were!

I didn't even post on forums back then. I don't think I even knew English that well at the time.

23 hours ago, Felsagger said:

It produced a lot of mockery and lot of people seeing a video pointing out the events of Rail Jack. That IS NOT positive for any company. 

Wait isn't that a 'riot'? That's not good for anyone. Such performance generates bad publicity. That's a BIG problem right there. It hurts the trust in a service game. 

Oh sure, it definitely hurt the brand. But in a world where people regularly send death threats to devs for delays, nah, that's not a riot.

You don't know that. None of us knows that. However it left a bad sore for seven years. 

Uh yeah we do. The Steam Charts don't accurately show precise player counts (it only tracks concurrent players on steam - a fraction of a fraction of a fraction), and they're easy to throw off, but zoom out far enough, and they do show trends over a long period of time. After all, over a long enough period of time, fewer average concurrent players suggests fewer total players. And if we look at those trends, we can know if there was a mass exodus. We can compare it with games that experienced such a trend, for example from the dozens of games that get released and fall off within months - player counts would rapidly fall and stay fallen consistently after that point for a long time. But that didn't happen. The playerbase did decline sligtly, but not particularly faster than it already was declining at the time since the release of Fortuna (I remind you, a perfectly normal, Warframe-focused update) the year before, and following the same peak/trough patterns it already was. Then, not long later, the trend changes. It's hard to say whether it plataued or started rising again (this is around the time of DE doing in-game tennocons and other events, so there's some extra spikes that throws things off), and besides, that's kind of besides the point for railjack.

Also bud. Railjack only released four years ago. Almost to the day. It literally can't have left a bad sore for 'seven years' and was revealed alongside Fortuna five years ago. Unless you are somehow contacting us from the future, in which case, could you DM me the UK lottery numbers and all the winning horses for the next three years?

How people would react when they get stripped of the Warframe powers. 

THIS IS DIFFERENT, LOZA. They are changing the pace of the Warframe for the pace of the the drifter. In Rialjack you still use your warframe and hack and slash with your warframe boarding other ships or repel boardings of the enemy. The WARFRAME is involved. 

When the move is this drastic then Duviri should perform better, moreover, Duviri must convince providing quality. Otherwise people are going to be angry for such changes and power reduction. 

I've seen this exact rhetoric time and time again. Including for Railjack.

'DE hate Warframe content! They're stripping us of our powers!'

It wasn't true for Archwing. It wasn't true for the Second dream, it wasn't true for the War Within, it wasn't true for the Plains of Eidolon Focus refresh, it wasn't true for Railjack, it wasn't true for Orphix Venom, it wasn't true for the New War and it wasn't true for Veilbreaker. Why, then, should I believe it's any different for Duviri?

12 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Yea, like, remember before Update 17? When Equinox was about to come out? What a glorious dumpster fire those threads were!

I didn't even post on forums back then. I don't think I even knew English that well at the time.

Ah that's before my time I'm afraid.

Still, I do remember once DE saying an update would release within a certain month, and people asking where it was not only literally the second it became said month, but the second it became said month in their timezone, before it was that month for DE.

5 hours ago, Felsagger said:

The update is not going to be bad in all honesty. However I will not be spending too much time in it, Psi. I'll probably spend more time with Horizon Zero Buring shores making weird builds. Guerrilla Games is ramping the system with different types of damage. 

Duviri for me is just an eco of other successful games in my opinion. I rather prefer if DE follows their good intuition of making rare things out of the trendy bandwagon of games. When DE gets creative, I get interested. 

I'm going to be really surprised if I end up enjoying Duviri, as I do like that type of gameplay, my only fear is that they give into the folks who wanna press 4 all day and allow us to use Frames all the time, at least in the open world part. I will see if I can add a question in the AMA (I don't have Reddit) that asks one simple question. But think I'll have to post it in the AMA from on here

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Oh sure, it definitely hurt the brand. But in a world where people regularly send death threats to devs for delays, nah, that's not a riot.

If people behave this way for a game then then the people are the ones who needs psychiatric treatment. Yes. that type of behavior is unacceptable. Developers are human beings they earn their pay working, they have kids to take care off, they have responsibilities and bills to pay. 

I will never endorse that type of behavior. However we are talking here about people leaving the game if these things gets out of hand. Right now we have the launch of Burning shores. The game is on another level of design, on another level of production and Burning shores delivers more than I anticipated. 

Uh yeah we do. The Steam Charts don't accurately show precise player counts (it only tracks concurrent players on steam - a fraction of a fraction of a fraction), and they're easy to throw off, but zoom out far enough, and they do show trends over a long period of time. After all, over a long enough period of time, fewer average concurrent players suggests fewer total players. And if we look at those trends, we can know if there was a mass exodus. We can compare it with games that experienced such a trend, for example from the dozens of games that get released and fall off within months - player counts would rapidly fall and stay fallen consistently after that point for a long time. But that didn't happen. The playerbase did decline sligtly, but not particularly faster than it already was declining at the time since the release of Fortuna (I remind you, a perfectly normal, Warframe-focused update) the year before, and following the same peak/trough patterns it already was. Then, not long later, the trend changes. It's hard to say whether it plataued or started rising again (this is around the time of DE doing in-game tennocons and other events, so there's some extra spikes that throws things off), and besides, that's kind of besides the point for railjack.

When that unplayable update launched only two percent where playing during those months. That alone makes your argument invalid.  

There. 

Also bud. Railjack only released four years ago. Almost to the day. It literally can't have left a bad sore for 'seven years' and was revealed alongside Fortuna five years ago. Unless you are somehow contacting us from the future, in which case, could you DM me the UK lottery numbers and all the winning horses for the next three years?

The DLC update was announced in 2017 with features that never arrived. We are at 2023. Those are roughly speaking seven years. 

Your math skills are good, you know how to count. Those are seven years in total. We are talking about calling your raijack directly from fortuna and mounting it. That simple feature is not in the game. 

I've seen this exact rhetoric time and time again. Including for Railjack.

'DE hate Warframe content! They're stripping us of our powers!'

Don't worry about rhetorics. You don't have to worry about at all. 

Let me present you the introduction of Burning shores. The first hour. For those who don't want to get spoiled. DON'T click on the video. For those who are interested, enjoy. This is the league that we are talking about. Again, we don't have to worry about any rethorics whatsoever. 

It's quite strange because in this video alone Horizon Zero Dawn Burning Shores the developers are getting some treatments that are FOUND IN WARFRAME. The elemental damages, the combination of these damages and the movements. The difference is that this update is SOLID. Has no significant issues and IS PLAYABLE. 

The graphics are absurd. 

The production values are ridiculously good. 

The game looks amazing and the architecture is stupidly detailed. 

This is Guerrilla Games having LESS EMPLOYEES than Digital Extremes. that has 416. 

This is the difference of sticking with Sony International Entertainment. SIE. 

See? No Rhetorics, ONLY DELIVERY. 

It wasn't true for Archwing. It wasn't true for the Second dream, it wasn't true for the War Within, it wasn't true for the Plains of Eidolon Focus refresh, it wasn't true for Railjack, it wasn't true for Orphix Venom, it wasn't true for the New War and it wasn't true for Veilbreaker. Why, then, should I believe it's any different for Duviri?

We haven't seen game play of the Warframes and free roaming in Duviri. This launches April 26 without a true single game play video. 

However we saw a lot of game play WITH Horizon Burning shores. 

Still, I do remember once DE saying an update would release within a certain month, and people asking where it was not only literally the second it became said month, but the second it became said month in their timezone, before it was that month for DE.

The thing is that they are launching with Burning Shores. I wish them good luck. 

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm going to be really surprised if I end up enjoying Duviri, as I do like that type of gameplay, my only fear is that they give into the folks who wanna press 4 all day and allow us to use Frames all the time, at least in the open world part. I will see if I can add a question in the AMA (I don't have Reddit) that asks one simple question. But think I'll have to post it in the AMA from on here

I watched and pre ordered Burning Shores. 

When I saw the game play in the video I got three heart attacks. We have some sort of a bat wing that can dive in and out the water. The game play got WARFRAME LIKE. The game is literally doing what Warframe does with the damage. It encourage you think like Lavos. The game works with another AI that accompany you being RELIABLE. The game allows you ride different machines. 

Yes Duviri gives you a horse with wings but Horizon Zero gives you a batwing that flies in and dive out of water. Alloy can glide with the holomorphic parachute. Alloy can drive a boat and explore the burning shores like if this were a large Chinese fishing shores. This game, Horizon Forbidden West explores themes of the Chinese coasts in such a beautiful way. It's strange and even exciting that a Western developer brings some moods that are found in China. It's FASCINATING. 

800px-FishingVillage_HaLongBay_Vietnam_(

The Game Burning shores will remind you places like this. The designers took a lot of time capturing Chinese small fishing villagers and these interesting constructs. It's interesting how things turned around. China has amazing landscapes and nature. It's odd seeing designers extrapolating US places with Chinese shores. The artistic result was mesmerizing. It's like being in two different places at the same time. 

On topic. 

Anyway, going back to the discussion. I will surely try Duviri now. Now that I get a glimpse of Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores, NOW I'm more interested in reviewing Duviri and see where this game is going. The first two months, I will be playing Forbidden West again and unlock all the armors for Burning Shores. I can't wait for that Horus fight. On the other hand I want to bow flying serpents with the horse. Would be interesting if I can bow down enemies riding my horse. I don't know if we will have the feature of flying the batwing in Horizon and bowing at the same time. Flying and arching at the same time would be spectacular. 

Well tomorrow I'll get busy playing Burning Shores. I'll tell you about it on PMs. I don't want to spoil it here. 

5 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

seems to have an obsession with Burning Shores and pretty graphics.

Are you talking about yourself? I already got obsessed with the franchise since the first game. :D

Guerrilla game IS THAT GOOD. You already admitted it, lmao. 

Just a reality check. This will hurt but I'll do it. While Warframe has a good game play. I can safely say that the game play of Forbidden west > the game play of Warframe. 

Just a reality check. The responsiveness is top notch. The game play mechanics rewards skill and the game play mechanics provides difficulty and challenge for expert players. 

This is something that I miss in Warframe. Just a reality check. 

;D.....Oh my grumps....

hace 1 hora, Felsagger dijo:

Are you talking about yourself? I already got obsessed with the franchise since the first game. :D

Guerrilla game IS THAT GOOD. You already admitted it, lmao.

.....what? as? talking about myself? where did you get that I said that the game is very good? I haven't tested it yet, I doubt comparing a full priced game to a game as a service is fair.

26 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

.....what? as? talking about myself? where did you get that I said that the game is very good? I haven't tested it yet. 

I'm just teasing. :D. 

You will have the opportunity tomorrow for Burning Shores. Enjoy. Remember you must play the whole thing Forbidden West for the access. It's a PS5 only update. The graphic sare simply ridiculous. This is the first true next gen designed portion of the game. 

You can buy Horizon Zero for the PS5 too. It had a serious graphic update too. Have fun with it. 

26 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I doubt comparing a full priced game to a game as a service is fair.

INDEED. It's NOT even fair. The game looks spectacular. 

Well because the GRAPHICS and GAMEPLAY of Horizon Zero Burning Shores and Forbidden West are that ridiculously good. I know. 

Hint: Do you know why I make such comparison? Let me help. While DE wants to distance themselves a bit from the Warframes The game HORIZON ZERO goes towards many WARFRAME GAMEPLAY elements. Can you guess where I'm heading? 

Tsk....tsk....

I'm not at all interested in the Forbidden West franchise. Never played it, never plan to. (maybe if it's free on my PS+ membership, I'll give it a try out of curiosity, but I'd never spend money on it.)

I'm a really really oldschool gamer... I played the Commodore 64, Atari2600, Colecovison, NES, SNES, then PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 (mainly switched over to PS due to only having enough money for one game system at a time per generation, and Final Fantasy switched over to PS from nintendo).

I personally like turn based RPGs the most. I like Action RPGs like Soulblazer, Secret of Mana, Terranigma as well. Graphics have NEVER been a concern for me, so it really doesn't matter how good Duviri looks, the gameplay looks horrible to me.

Warframe has its own unique draws to it, which for me, boil down to swift combat, taking down hordes of grunt enemies with ease, and collecting an evergrowing arsenal of new frames and weapons to use against those hordes. Duviri may look pretty, but doesn't hold to the things that I play warframe for, thus my complete disinterest and near disgust, given the types of games I enjoy in general.

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

If people behave this way for a game then then the people are the ones who needs psychiatric treatment. Yes. that type of behavior is unacceptable. Developers are human beings they earn their pay working, they have kids to take care off, they have responsibilities and bills to pay. 

I will never endorse that type of behavior. However we are talking here about people leaving the game if these things gets out of hand. Right now we have the launch of Burning shores. The game is on another level of design, on another level of production and Burning shores delivers more than I anticipated. 

Why is a single-player, one-time-through AAA game relevant to the conversation?

When that unplayable update launched only two percent where playing during those months. That alone makes your argument invalid.  

There. 

Oh, ok, so you must have some evidence to back up that claim, right? You know, like how I cited publicly available data!

No?

And said publicly available data would also have shown that exact claim and doesn't. 

Fascinating.

The DLC update was announced in 2017 with features that never arrived. We are at 2023. Those are roughly speaking seven years. 

Your math skills are good, you know how to count. Those are seven years in total. We are talking about calling your raijack directly from fortuna and mounting it. That simple feature is not in the game. 

And what about the features that they added? And all those features that are literally what you're complaining about. i.e. slow gameplay where you can't use your Warframes (specifically the first showcase where some poor guy had to sit on the Railjack to hack doors for the people actually playing the game). Or the fact that you could get trolled by anyone just deciding to turn off the engines for the lulz! 

Yeah it sucks we don't get picked up from the planets. But that would have been a gimmick at best, and saying its a 'simple' feature is probably underselling the actual work it'd take. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Also, 2017 was A: six years ago (and Tennocon 2017 was closer to 51/2 or 53/4), and B: not when Railjack was revealed. That was when Plains of Eidolon was revealed. 

Don't worry about rhetorics. You don't have to worry about at all. 

Let me present you the introduction of Burning shores. The first hour. For those who don't want to get spoiled. DON'T click on the video. For those who are interested, enjoy. This is the league that we are talking about. Again, we don't have to worry about any rethorics whatsoever. 

It's quite strange because in this video alone Horizon Zero Dawn Burning Shores the developers are getting some treatments that are FOUND IN WARFRAME. The elemental damages, the combination of these damages and the movements. The difference is that this update is SOLID. Has no significant issues and IS PLAYABLE. 

The graphics are absurd. 

The production values are ridiculously good. 

The game looks amazing and the architecture is stupidly detailed. 

This is Guerrilla Games having LESS EMPLOYEES than Digital Extremes. that has 416. 

This is the difference of sticking with Sony International Entertainment. SIE. 

See? No Rhetorics, ONLY DELIVERY. 

Doesn't magically make it relevant to the discussion. Again, it's a single-player RPG with vastly more dev time. Forbidden West was released a year ago, and Burning Shores would have been in development alongside the main game (because that's how companies work). And that's what Guerilla was working on exclusively (With a partial exception for that VR game, but that's co-developed with another studio that probably did all the actual VR stuff since it's a VR studio) for six years. For those same six years, DE released mountains of constant content.

It's also able to run on a comparitively up-to-date engine (rather than the constantly-modified 15 year old evolution engine Warframe runs on), doesn't need to run on servers, is being built specifically for one platform that's been out long enough that the devs know exactly what they can get away with and has one of the biggest game companies able to pour money into it. Yeah DE has Tencent, but here's the thing - companies like Tencent don't buy small studios that already have a game like this running to put large amounts of of money in. They do it to get cheap money out because whatever DE sold for is much less than however much money they poured in to make and run Warframe for the years up to where it sold.

In short, this is a supremely false comparison.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

I'm not at all interested in the Forbidden West franchise. Never played it, never plan to. (maybe if it's free on my PS+ membership, I'll give it a try out of curiosity, but I'd never spend money on it.)

You are free to enjoy bread crumbs, and you are free if you want a juicy lobster dinner. Great games are available. You don't have to limit yourself only on average quality. 

There are greener pastures ahead. People should try VARIETY so they compare and test different types of quality. I don't extricate myself from warframe but you know, my set of games are on two platforms. PC and PS5. I stick to Sony SIE and their tier top of the best games. You have your tastes. It's up to you. I simply present the field. 

You decide. 

I'm a really really oldschool gamer... I played the Commodore 64, Atari2600, Colecovison, NES, SNES, then PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 (mainly switched over to PS due to only having enough money for one game system at a time per generation, and Final Fantasy switched over to PS from nintendo).

Many of us are. That's why we have a critical vision of the industry. 

I personally like turn based RPGs the most. I like Action RPGs like Soulblazer, Secret of Mana, Terranigma as well. Graphics have NEVER been a concern for me, so it really doesn't matter how good Duviri looks, the gameplay looks horrible to me.

Yes, but the strongest POINT of Horizon Zero Forbidden west is NOT THE AMAZING GRAPHICS. 

It's the fluid game play. Try the game. 

Warframe has its own unique draws to it, which for me, boil down to swift combat, taking down hordes of grunt enemies with ease, and collecting an evergrowing arsenal of new frames and weapons to use against those hordes. Duviri may look pretty, but doesn't hold to the things that I play warframe for, thus my complete disinterest and near disgust, given the types of games I enjoy in general.

Personal tastes. I can't argue that. 

I enjoy boss types confrontations all the time. I don't want easy fights. I don't want picnics and I don't a free walk in the park. Challenge is my thing. If casuals enjoy being casuals, that's good. I don't have any problem with that. My games should provide challenge and some sort of more complex strategies. Failure should be part of gaming. The developer should sometimes PUNISH the ingenuity of the player if the player is CARELESS. This is immersion. Horizon HAS that. 

Archived