Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rap. Tap. Tap.

-Krism-

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wait what? Duviri isn't Rell's? Dominus is not Rell????

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

No, Duviri is a conceptual embodiment created by the Drifter. Dominus thrax was a toy of the Drifter and the whole place it's based in something like a tale (the book you get at the end of the quest)

Indeed, Duviri exists because the Drifter is a conscious being trapped inside the Void, it's their mind taking physical form

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wait what? Duviri isn't Rell's? Dominus is not Rell????

I think it is still "Rell", just not in a literal sense. The Rell that we know is the one who gets left behind in the Operator's universe, but Drifter is the one who gets left behind in their universe, so they would fill in the "Rell" role. I don't think it would make sense otherwise that there are still tons of "emotional" themes in Duviri, plus those encounters with the little energy-sapping "Rell" ghosts, if it wasn't meant to be a figment of "Rell"'s imagination.

11 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I think it is still "Rell", just not in a literal sense. The Rell that we know is the one who gets left behind in the Operator's universe, but Drifter is the one who gets left behind in their universe, so they would fill in the "Rell" role. I don't think it's a coincidence that there are tons of "emotional" themes in Duviri, plus those encounters with the little energy-sapping "Rell" ghosts.

so does that mean Drifter is autistic too?

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

so does that mean Drifter is autistic too?

I'm leaning towards no, because the questline involved Drifter regaining their emotions, which wouldn't be so easy if they were on the spectrum. Seemed more so that they originally had emotions, but those were eroded after being in Duviri for so long, and Duviri itself was more of a coping mechanism in response to being abandoned.

Though I'd say chances are if we meet the Rell of Drifter's universe, that person could still be on the autism spectrum, but now they might actually have their own Warframe and stuff as well (if the timelines align like that)

Rell wasn't left behind, just left out of the group of kids first barricaded in the Zariman, and then left out of tenno combat training by the Orokin. Both times because he was "too weird". That's why he was taken in by Red Veil and ended up doing something really wierd that kept his mind permanently chained in his warframe.

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I'm leaning towards no, because the questline involved Drifter regaining their emotions, which wouldn't be so easy if they were on the spectrum. Seemed more so that they originally had emotions, but those were eroded after being in Duviri for so long, and Duviri itself was more of a coping mechanism in response to being abandoned.

Though I'd say chances are if we meet the Rell of Drifter's universe, that person could still be on the autism spectrum, but now they might actually have their own Warframe and stuff as well (if the timelines align like that)

I think its more like drifter locked their bothersome emotions inside their dominus thrax persona to compartmentalize things in order to survive with their sanity intact while trapped in the void. Compartmentalization is a pretty basic evolutionary survival mechanism anyway. It's why predators can be so caring to their offspring while being able to casually tear their prey to shreds.

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Wait does that mean that Teshin is also a manifestation? or is he the one that "died" in the new war quest?

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wait does that mean that Teshin is also a manifestation? or is he the one that "died" in the new war quest?

As shown in the chains of harrow, real people can and do find themselves thrown into equally very real void manifestations. Teshin apparently was also thrown into the void like us after the quest (the damage to his very smashed face is visible) and ended up there just like the lotus's hand

54 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

For him to be a manifestation, someone in Duviri must imagine him or think about him hard enough. But the Drifter and by extension all of Duviri inhabitants never knew Teshin before his arrival, so we must conclyde this Teshin is real. Besides he even brought his Narmer mask and a Narmer banner with him, thise are certainly not manifested.

16 hours ago, vanaukas said:

This was the main reason on why I thgouhgt this was a Rell creation, I feel so embrassed

Have you been collecting the lore fragments? I dont want to spoil too much, but I've been spending most of my time this weekend collecting the fragments and reading up on the lore and there's definitely a lot more to it than what just the quest shows. 

By the way I just found that house from the OP's screenshot, really cool dialogue there 😄

1 hour ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Have you been collecting the lore fragments? I dont want to spoil too much, but I've been spending most of my time this weekend collecting the fragments and reading up on the lore and there's definitely a lot more to it than what just the quest shows. 

By the way I just found that house from the OP's screenshot, really cool dialogue there 😄

yeah, something weird is going on. Just a few hours ago I've noticed the lore archives 

I found a map if you guys want it:

dguetimy9pwa1.jpg?width=6145&format=pjpg

7 hours ago, ant99999 said:

For him to be a manifestation, someone in Duviri must imagine him or think about him hard enough. But the Drifter and by extension all of Duviri inhabitants never knew Teshin before his arrival, so we must conclyde this Teshin is real. Besides he even brought his Narmer mask and a Narmer banner with him, thise are certainly not manifested.

yes I thought so too, but with how mysterious the wording is in Warframe quests i doubted myself

There's some other bits of dialogue like that you can find, I ran into a boy and girl in a cave who had a poem that started with something like

There's a man in a wall
with a (face/grin) like a skull

I only ran into it once and forget the exact lines, and there were another couple of lines after those two.

57 minutes ago, Raanab said:

There's some other bits of dialogue like that you can find, I ran into a boy and girl in a cave who had a poem that started with something like

There's a man in a wall
with a (face/grin) like a skull

I only ran into it once and forget the exact lines, and there were another couple of lines after those two.

They make songs depending on the mood of Thrax. I haven't heard all of them but they were roasting Bombastine pretty hard lmao

Archived