Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance for a primary weapon where the projectiles stick to the surface and sends out AOE damage waves? Or:

Siala

A spinning laser beam.

Giant blade/saw.

Even some funny weapons that hypnotize enemies, make them dance and move closer before exploding. [Really wish we had some funny weapons like these.]

A grenade that tethers all the enemies in the area pulls them in, lifts up and spins them around like a Merry Go Round, and deals continuous status damage [confusion/dizziness]. Could even be a spike or pole.

A giant ball that instead of exploding it shoots and retracts long spikes continuously.

A grenade that explodes into a giant web that sticks to nearby walls, and enemies that run into it get stuck or they get pulled in and take poison/status damage.

Or a weapon that covers a large area in any type of element. Preferably cold, that could make them slip and fall. Making them take fall and cold damage. [Dark Messiah of Might & Magic]

Or one that shoots multiple projectiles that stick to walls and they all connect to each other through a laser that deals damage to enemies that pass through.

How about an AOE shrink ray, where if you have a high-status chance or critical chance you make them small and step on them? Or they take more damage when shrunk.[Yes, Duke Nukem]

Projectiles that leave a laser trail behind them for 10+ seconds that deals damage to enemies who run in them. Can even bounce off walls for more creative shooting.

Just wish we got more diverse ways of killing enemies.

Not just normal explosions and projectiles. Would love to see new styles.

Add more diversity to the way the weapons act, even some funny elements to them since we already have a Jester and Anime class [Mirage-Yareli].

1 hour ago, Siala said:

A grenade that tethers all the enemies in the area pulls them in

a weapon that covers a large area in any type of element

The mod Tether Grenades for the Penta weapon series.

The mod Nightwatch Napalm for the Ogris series.

These do exist in some capacity ,

The speargun for example create an are around it which does different things depending on the speargun.

The zaws with residue arcanes can also create areas of elemental damage ,

Simulor series of weapons create floating black holes (kind of )

The Penta series has quite a few augments for different things , 

The torid and pox weapons greate toxic clouds.

On 2023-05-14 at 9:59 PM, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Synoid Simulor used to be meta for defense till it got nerfed to a single singularity. Used to be able to stack almost a dozen singularities into a doorway and whatnot 

Your able to make 3 singularities, but it's most effective to just instantly detonate the orb when you fire it.

On 2023-05-14 at 8:32 PM, Siala said:

Or one that shoots multiple projectiles that stick to walls and they all connect to each other through a laser that deals damage to enemies that pass through.

This one kind of reminds me of the electropylon driver from Returnal?

It fires pylons that attach to each other with electricity, firing one directly into an enemy does damage over time, firing them into objects creates links between pylons and firing one into an enemy near one you fired into an object will also chain to the enemy and cause extra damage. 

It's one of the harder weapons to learn how to use well but it's also kind of fun and rewarding to learn how to use.

Something like that would be kind of fun in Warframe, except they will probably make it suck because they don't like weapons that AFK abusers might also like..

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Three? Did they unnerf it from one?

Three is still a major nerf from fire rate being the only limiting factor in how many orbs that could be spawned. 

I don't go back that far with the Simulor, but I only remember the max being changed to 3.  I don't see any mention of a different cap in the patch note history on the wiki.

The max did come with an increase in the amount of orbs needed to create a singularity too, but also some damage boosts.  I'm not going to argue the weapon is better now, not having seriously used it before those changes.   But I do find it pretty decent.

On 2023-05-15 at 3:32 AM, Siala said:

Just wish we got more diverse ways of killing enemies.

I can't think of a game that has nearly as many different weapons as warframe does, and 99% of them are viable. just how much divesity are you hoping for. as to your suggestions.

Any chance for a primary weapon where the projectiles stick to the surface and sends out AOE damage waves?

it could be done, but most people tend to prefer direct damage over two steps, unless the AoE pulses are highly effective with a logn range, but we still have plenty of AoE wepaons already.

A spinning laser beam.

a la Battalyst I presume? I was kinda hoping that would be part of Stalker's kit in Duviri, but ah well. we also have Mirage's 4 for that.

Giant blade/saw.

considering we have Miter, Panthera family and Ghoulsaw, I thin we have sawblades covered quite well. AoE bouncing sawblades is basically just Miter/Panthera but better in crowded rooms.

hypnotize enemies, make them dance and move closer before exploding. [Really wish we had some funny weapons like these.]

sound smore like a Peculiar mod than anything else. DE forgot those exist.

A grenade that tethers all the enemies in the area pulls them in, lifts up and spins them around like a Merry Go Round, and deals continuous status damage [confusion/dizziness]. Could even be a spike or pole.

so basically combining Tether Grenades with something like Khora's Strangledome. problem is that even with status procs over time, tough enemies will survive for a while and will be trickier to put down with weapons if they're being whisked around at hyperspeed. it's one of the only downsides to strangledome: the last enemy of the wave in defense is in the dome and the whole squad is shooting at and missing the target because it's being ragdolled like mad.

I guess I should probably mention that I'm not a fan of ragdolling as while it can be funny in a childish way, it also gets in the way when you just need to straight up kill everything.

A giant ball that instead of exploding it shoots and retracts long spikes continuously.

weapons like this would be fine for defensive modes as they can provide area denial, but in a straight up exterminate/survival, again, people are just gonna pick straight up AoE over this.

A grenade that explodes into a giant web that sticks to nearby walls, and enemies that run into it get stuck or they get pulled in and take poison/status damage.

again, fine for area denial, but still niche. plus we once had tripwires on Vauban that did this, except enemies kept falling over rather than getting stuck: it was removed because nobody was using it, so I don't think there are that many people that share your philosophy on how weapons should be.

Or a weapon that covers a large area in any type of element. Preferably cold, that could make them slip and fall. Making them take fall and cold damage. [Dark Messiah of Might & Magic]

Nightwatch Napalm Ogris says hi, and cold damage isn't a particularly strong element, even with the recent rework. 

you really aren't satisfied with the simple concept of "enemy + bullet/explosion in their direction = dead" are you..

How about an AOE shrink ray

that one definitely ain't happening simply because it's too technical: the shrinking mechanic would have to be applied to EVERY single enemy type in the game, and that's a lot of work for a single joke of "haha now enemy smol". even as a Peculiar Mod, I don't think that'd happen.

Projectiles that leave a laser trail behind them for 10+ seconds that deals damage to enemies who run in them. Can even bounce off walls for more creative shooting.

ok, but if you're shooting directly at an enemy, they're not going to touch the trail, you'd have to turn to the side and shoot the walls, whcih just seems.. counterproductive.

I get wanting these kinds of weapons, but why you gotta have so many steps and mechanics when for the most part, people want the kills instantly, not after going through 2 or 3 stapes for each shot. in a word, they're inefficient. fun perhaps, but that's subjective; what isn't subjective is that you'll clear rooms faster with weapons that have simpler mechanics, and faster TTK, and for the most part, that's what people will go with. 

As far as radial damage goes, the Tenet Ferrox has a heavy attack / Alt fire where it leaves post stuck in the surface it is thrown at with continuous  horizontal expanding rings of radiation damage for about 30 seconds. 

Acquired at the Perrin Sequence on any relay other than Maroo's Bazaar for 40 holo-keys.

Archived