Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voidshell frames should be their own trade-able varients, not skins.

(XBOX)Architect Prime

• Rename voidshell to prisma (or some other varient lingo).
  • Give anyone with the voidshell skin the new varient for free in some capactiy as a refund + a couple forma BPs/reactors. 
  • Make the "prisma" warframe varients trade-able. 
  • They should be side-grades to primes. 
  • They can be aquired in a variety of ways (I don't really care). 
  • Do it soon, while there is still only a few voidshells out. 

54 minutes ago, Myscho said:

No, not really, we dont need another variants

Why?

54 minutes ago, Ryuujou. said:

??? why why why would you want that? it'd just be pointless bloat with less customization than before. prime frames aren't even enough of a stat upgrade over the originals to warrant any kind of sidegrades, much less tying stats to skins. literally what is wrong with you

Where primes change health/armor/shields, have this varient change ability stats. 

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Why? This reads as "I'm too cheap to buy a reskin" to me.

I just think it would be an easy way to increase build variety for frames.

Eh, unless I am missing something, I very strongly disagree with such a change or suggestion.

Like personally, I don't want a "compensation free variant" and a couple of "Forma/Reactors", I want the skin I paid for, for the Warframe I wanted. I wouldn't really find Prisma variants appealing either, just on their own, let alone removing a feature, to make it an inferior feature, in my eyes. I also can't imagine it would be very popular either. 

Like I have some of my own niche ideas that would suit be well, but I also know they wouldn't likely be that popular with the actual Warframe player base. 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:
1 hour ago, Myscho said:

Why?

It's just waste of time, imho. From melee types (e.g. heavy scythe or 2x nikana) to frames. It doesn't change gameplay. They are just skins and they should be just skins.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:
1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Why? This reads as "I'm too cheap to buy a reskin" to me.

It wouldn't increase build variety. It would just make us copy-paste from normal/prime frames. With normal vs prime you have at least Helminth. This will just make it harder distinguish builds if you want to keep both.

With them being skins (or similar) you can use it on all frames.

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

If it was at least frame with different abilities like Umbra then it would be ok.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

How do you feel about primes? Yoiu could make the exact same argument for them. 

my argument is that I don't want to have to choose between skins based on stats, a mechanic which DE's been very openly avoiding for the past half decade. they were designed as cosmetics and really, absolutely do not need a rework to force them into build mechanics, period

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Why?

Because its pointless, we have A,B,C default configs and you can buy more, but sadly they share formaed slots, if DE removes that, it could increase builds variations, not another variant with 5% more strenght, duration etc

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:
  • Rename voidshell to prisma (or some other varient lingo).
  • Give anyone with the voidshell skin the new varient for free in some capactiy as a refund + a couple forma BPs/reactors. 
  • Make the "prisma" warframe varients trade-able. 
  • They should be side-grades to primes. 
  • They can be aquired in a variety of ways (I don't really care). 
  • Do it soon, while there is still only a few voidshells out. 

So basically:
Hey, lets master the exact same frame for a third time!  So exiciting and needed!  To have another mastery grind added into the game which offers absolutely nothing at all because it's the exact same frame again!

Beyond that it will just cause issues, especially for the Circuit, where people will argue and fight over "I want X variant to show up because that's the one with my builds and forma in it and not Y variant!"

For instance take the Penta.  If you have it the Carmine Penta is what shows up in the circuit...even though the secura penta can actually do a lot better due to its better status and crit...and having different varieties of frames where depending on what you're doing one is better than the other and yet one is going to show up and the other simply isn't going to show up is going to piss people off.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Where primes change health/armor/shields, have this varient change ability stats. 

Thing is that it wouldn't increase build variety at all.
It would do nothing for build variety as people would just copy/paste their builds and be done, after all for most situations why wouldn't you just copy your build that can already handle SP and enjoy the bonus stats without really caring or noticing at all?  Especially because they would never come close to replacing a mod.

In fact this could hurt build variety in some frames.
Such as Nova.  If they made a nova one that had improved ability strength now it hurts speedva builds and makes them worse.

So at best this idea is just pointless busywork that really adds nothing to the game other than a small amount of power-creep....and that really isn't where you want the "best" outcome of an idea to sit at.

19 hours ago, Ryuujou. said:

my argument is that I don't want to have to choose between skins based on stats, a mechanic which DE's been very openly avoiding for the past half decade. they were designed as cosmetics and really, absolutely do not need a rework to force them into build mechanics, period

That doesn't answer the question. Or at least it doesn't in an obvious way. Why do primes get a free pass? 

All I'd really like is the material selection for regular warframes. You can still require us to buy them with platinum but it'd be nice if you didn't HAVE to get a voidshell just to do it. I do love the few voidshells I have and maybe keeping a few materials as unique to them would be okay but overall after playing the admittedly failed game Anthem where you could unlock and use different textures on your equivalent of a Warframe it feels weak-sauce that we can ONLY use different material textures on voidshell skins.

Archived