Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will i get in trouble if i trade over the stuff from one of my account to another

DavielinPrime

Question

Hi i used to be a PS4 Warframe player however I'm about to sell my PS4 in a couple weeks, i have now made a pc acount would i get into any trouble from trading over my weapons and frames which I've spent 1000 of hours farming to my new account 

@DavielinPrime To my knowledge you can't even trade cross-platform currently, so this isn't really possible. If it were though, I would say it would violate some terms of service, as a general rule of thumb is that if you have any alt accounts or anything you do not let them interact at all since it can lead to bans.

• Like 4

Short answer it yes you would be violating the T&C by trading between 2 accounts that you own.

The devs are looking into account merging for when cross save comes (due to accounts being owned by the platforms it would be difficult to get permission from them), but nothing been decided or confirmed.

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

you can't even trade cross-platform currently

Also, items that are tradable to people on your platform are no longer tradable after building and leveling them.

So yeah. Keep that PS4 login information noted somewhere and hopefully you'd be able to get them shared with the PC account when cross-progress eventually happens.

• Like 3

Sadly you can't do it because that's an multi account interaction, the sheer voluma and value of the items would likely trigger manual inspection and you would risk both accounts being banned.

Mergin accounts and Cross save won't be something you might be interested either, this is because:

• account merge hasn't been anounced recently and as such you risk waiting a long time
  • On a devstream DE anounced that there would be a split between plat from giveaways/starter plat and the one from trading, this is a huge hint on how will plat work when cross save is implemented. While i can't say for sure (this is my opinion only, so take that with a grain of salt) it's very likely that plat from one platform won't show up on another, so the plat you have on playstation would appear as 0 on PC

My sugestion would be to wait for an anouncement for cross save and then invest heavily in aquiring something you can sell later on (prime parts or mods), i mean to literally exaust your plat reserves, then when cross save is done, login on pc and start selling those parts you aquired to regain the plat you once had, but this time as PC plat.
I am unsure if this "plat => item to Item => plat" will work btw as the system being worked on is clowdy and can change wildly.

So a few things. We do have cross platform gaming currently. People on PC can play with people on consoles, however... They can't trade with each other. We don't know if they ever will be able to. Maybe? Maybe not. So you can't right now regardless of other factors. 

Speaking of those other factors, lets say hypothetically you could? Well cross save has been spoken about from DE. So you could just wait for that. Thats one option. I am less certain about whether DE has mentioned account merging. I think they have, but you could try Support and make inquiries. That way, if you don't want to wait, and you want to make progress on your PC account, you can and maybe one day have both accounts merged? Thats another option. I would probably ask Support though. Like its possible that account merging may take a long time. 

I'll disagree with some of the advice given already though. In my experience, unusual activity will be flagged for review automatically. Unusual doesn't mean bad or illegitimate though, I've given a lot of new players disproportionate things for much less in return, I imagine such exchanges happen all the time. Many of them are probably flagged "this account just gave a bunch of Prime parts, 100 Plat and all if got in return was a Bronze Mod?" alt accounts being shady? Well no, there are ways to tell its just one player who has a lot of progression, giving a genuinely new player some starting help or maybe a friend. Both accounts have been active at the same time, different IP, different countries, the new account is doing stuff a typical new account does, its not holding Rivens for some reason or only doing quests that give exclusive GOTL rewards only... 

So things will be flagged a lot, but can be determined to be above the board or not. hat being said if you are being a bit shady, that will probably be recognised as well. Thats why if you attempt to do anything that might potentially seem shady and unusual, you should probably ask DE. Its why a few content creators, Youtubers still ask for permission to make alt accounts so they can make "New Player Guides" to be above board. Instead of just making them.

Basically do your best to not be shady/insincere.

Yes, you will, this is bannable (I have asked before as my friend quit and wanted to give me all his stuff that he could, so I checked beforehand and they said no, if I did I can be banned)

You can't cross platform trade anyway. If Cross save ever does become a thing (I doubt it will any time soon if at all), then DE will likely provide a way to simply merge your accounts together

On 2023-06-01 at 4:02 PM, CosmicHermitCrab said:

but it's obviously hard to completely enforce in practice.

Two accounts logging in from the same IP address at the same time which may also have similarities in account information that then conduct a trade is not hard to detect and automatically flag for someone to take a closer look at.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Two accounts logging in from the same IP address at the same time which may also have similarities in account information that then conduct a trade is not hard to detect and automatically flag for someone to take a closer look at.

That's technically true. However, one cannot have multiple account logins within the same computer or console for Warframe. So it would require two PCs, which might share the same Public IP; however, you can then argue they are siblings of the same family, using their own internet within the household. And then there's the extra step...two or more separate households.

Edited by CosmicHermitCrab

4 hours ago, CosmicHermitCrab said:

That's technically true. However, one cannot have multiple account logins within the same computer or console for Warframe. So it would require two PCs, which might share the same Public IP; however, you can then argue they are siblings of the same family, using their own internet within the household. And then there's the extra step...two or more separate households.

Not everyone throws their old computer the moment they get a new one, especially if they buy a pre-built instead of continually upgrading. People that are trying to "cheat the system" might purposefully have multiple computers for their activities. Laptops are portable and someone could ask a friend to come over and help them trade by logging into their account. And so on.

Yes it can also be family members. Thus why I specifically also mentioned possibly being flagged to have someone look closer at. If there are 2 accounts named Edgeydude1 and Edgeydude2 or have emails of xXxSn34kyxXx.gmail and xXxSn34kyxXx.aol that always log in from the same IP and the gmail one has way less hours than the AOL one and often trades 1000 platinum for an ammo drum, then it's pretty clear that someone created a second account just to try and get more platinum coupons.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

If there are 2 accounts named Edgeydude1 and Edgeydude2 or have emails of xXxSn34kyxXx.gmail and xXxSn34kyxXx.aol

This had no right making me laugh so hard lol, oh my god I love this example hahaha

wait whats the difference from lets say 2 brothers playing warframe and the higher mr helping the lower mr speed things up by giving him stuff? Cause I have 2 nephews that do this. They havent been banned but why is this wrong even if it was the same account? Also whats the difference from clan mates doing the same? I had trusted clan mates that when someone would get a plat coupon and they didnt use it we'd somewhat trade those coupons to each other. What part gets you banned.

52 minutes ago, Im__nobody said:

wait whats the difference from lets say 2 brothers playing warframe and the higher mr helping the lower mr speed things up by giving him stuff? Cause I have 2 nephews that do this. They havent been banned but why is this wrong even if it was the same account? Also whats the difference from clan mates doing the same? I had trusted clan mates that when someone would get a plat coupon and they didnt use it we'd somewhat trade those coupons to each other. What part gets you banned.

AFAIK it's implemented to stop people from abusing the login rewards for plat discounts, not items. It's more of an issue with PC since consoles don't get the good coupons. If they didn't stop people there would be 1000s of people with multiple accounts just fishing for a coupon, I have only heard of people getting banned(reddit) from that but quite a few have multiple accounts for sorties and such with no issue 

1 hour ago, Im__nobody said:

Situations with two different people and their respective accounts, are very different from one person with multiple accounts. One person with multiple accounts can exploit the game in a few different ways. You could have multiple accounts to increase your chances of getting Plat Discounts, but even on Console, you could get access to more Discount vouchers as well, you can use to gift to your main account. Your Riven storage is greatly increased as well, so trading becomes easier. There are some occasional quests which give limited rewards, but with more accounts, you can get more of those rewards (think Gift of the Lotus and say Rivens or anything thats tradable, like Legendary Cores), and some players can often be generous to newer and lower MR players as well, so someone could use a low MR/newer account to potentially get cheaper Prime parts or freebies, trade them to main, then sell them for profit. 

Basically there are a lot of good reasons why DE doesn't want people to mess around with alt accounts interacting with each other. 

Actual different separate people, friends, siblings, family, spouses, and using Plat coupons for each other, or giving away free items, thats totally fine, thats generally listed as helping and generosity etc and much different from having multiple accounts and having them interact. Your nephews will be fine. 

Hope that helps clarify. 

53 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Situations with two different people and their respective accounts, are very different from one person with multiple accounts. One person with multiple accounts can exploit the game in a few different ways. You could have multiple accounts to increase your chances of getting Plat Discounts, but even on Console, you could get access to more Discount vouchers as well, you can use to gift to your main account. Your Riven storage is greatly increased as well, so trading becomes easier. There are some occasional quests which give limited rewards, but with more accounts, you can get more of those rewards (think Gift of the Lotus and say Rivens or anything thats tradable, like Legendary Cores), and some players can often be generous to newer and lower MR players as well, so someone could use a low MR/newer account to potentially get cheaper Prime parts or freebies, trade them to main, then sell them for profit. 

Basically there are a lot of good reasons why DE doesn't want people to mess around with alt accounts interacting with each other. 

Actual different separate people, friends, siblings, family, spouses, and using Plat coupons for each other, or giving away free items, thats totally fine, thats generally listed as helping and generosity etc and much different from having multiple accounts and having them interact. Your nephews will be fine. 

Hope that helps clarify. 

Well no that doesnt clarify much besides me helping my nephews lessen their grind. But like I said already.  Whats the difference between clan members doing this? I've had many clan members on discord saying hey guys I got a 50% off or whatever but not gonna use it if anyone is interested. We cashapp or paypal each other and they trade us the plat, we've done it many times. Its not like we're stealing or getting this stuff for free its different if we were but at the end of the day DE is getting their money.

As for the gift of the lotus or other login rewards I thought that stuff wasnt tradable but if it was that sounds like the same argument with the plat discount coupons. The way trading is laid out just doesnt make sense to have these arguments. Its practically like I have 100 alt accounts with the discord I'm in.

I dont know, I cant even begin to see an issue with this even if a person did have 30 accounts cause at the end of the day they must be putting in a ton of work in those accounts. And if someone did have an account they're using just for plat discounts wouldnt it be easy for DE to tell the difference cause said account would probably be a very low mr with many login days. Isnt that something they can see or something. I can look at any friends profile and it'll say how many days they logged in, how much they played this and that. But again if they're doing this for plat discounts. DE is literally getting REAL money from FAKE money.

I was getting bored in my current MR L2 account and wanted to experience the game like a beginner but if I risk getting banned just cause I get plat discount on both accounts than why bother. If anything I'd probably be wasting more money cause I'd be getting more plat discounts but yeah I guess they dont see it that way maybe. And p.s I'm sure most people never bought plat at full price. Aside from prime access I only every by plat when I get 50 or 75% discounts. I'm sure I'm not the only one too.

Literally the only reason I log in to warframe these days is so I dont lose the account cause I've heard stories of people losing their accounts from not playing for a long time. Thats kind of grimy if you ask me. DE dont stop to think how much real money and time some people have put into their Warframe accounts. Well from the recent update notes they made it clear that we dont own any warframe accounts so I guess it is what it is. I've been wanting to start a new account to experience it as a beginner again but if this the issues I'm gonna be facing why bother. I'll just login and read chat and helping people when I feel like it occasionally.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Nierou said:

AFAIK it's implemented to stop people from abusing the login rewards for plat discounts, not items. It's more of an issue with PC since consoles don't get the good coupons. If they didn't stop people there would be 1000s of people with multiple accounts just fishing for a coupon, I have only heard of people getting banned(reddit) from that but quite a few have multiple accounts for sorties and such with no issue 

I would say if its more so on consoles. Cant you guys by tennogen with plat? PC players cant do that. But like I said already its not like anyone is getting this stuff for free. DE is getting their money at the end real money while we buy fake video game money.

5 minutes ago, Im__nobody said:

Well no that doesnt clarify much besides me helping my nephews lessen their grind. But like I said already.  Whats the difference between clan members doing this? I've had many clan members on discord saying hey guys I got a 50% off or whatever but not gonna use it if anyone is interested. We cashapp or paypal each other and they trade us the plat, we've done it many times. Its not like we're stealing or getting this stuff for free its different if we were but at the end of the day DE is getting their money.

As for the gift of the lotus or other login rewards I thought that stuff wasnt tradable but if it was that sounds like the same argument with the plat discount coupons. The way trading is laid out just doesnt make sense to have these arguments. Its practically like I have 100 alt accounts with the discord I'm in.

I dont know, I cant even begin to see an issue with this even if a person did have 30 accounts cause at the end of the day they must be putting in a ton of work in those accounts. And if someone did have an account they're using just for plat discounts wouldnt it be easy for DE to tell the difference cause said account would probably be a very low mr with many login days. Isnt that something they can see or something. I can look at any friends profile and it'll say how many days they logged in, how much they played this and that. But again if they're doing this for plat discounts. DE is literally getting REAL money from FAKE money.

I was getting bored in my current MR L2 account and wanted to experience the game like a beginner but if I risk getting banned just cause I get plat discount on both accounts than why bother. If anything I'd probably be wasting more money cause I'd be getting more plat discounts but yeah I guess they dont see it that way maybe. And p.s I'm sure most people never bought plat at full price. Aside from prime access I only every by plat when I get 50 or 75% discounts. I'm sure I'm not the only one too.

Literally the only reason I log in to warframe these days is so I dont lose the account cause I've heard stories of people losing their accounts from not playing for a long time. Thats kind of grimy if you ask me. DE dont stop to think how much real money and time some people have put into their Warframe accounts. Well from the recent update notes they made it clear that we dont own any warframe accounts so I guess it is what it is. I've been wanting to start a new account to experience it as a beginner again but if this the issues I'm gonna be facing why bother. I'll just login and read chat and helping people when I feel like it occasionally.

Clan members? 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Situations with two different people and their respective accounts, are very different from one person with multiple accounts.

What part are you not sure about? 

8 minutes ago, Im__nobody said:

I dont know, I cant even begin to see an issue with this even if a person did have 30 accounts cause at the end of the day they must be putting in a ton of work in those accounts.

You can't see an issue? Or you can see the issue, but you personally disagree? Since the two are very different things entirely. 

If you disagree, sure, feel free to, but regardless to DE, this is something that is an issue for them. 

Basically its all about sincerity. 

It is possible to have alt accounts, and to try and have a new player beginner experience, and many players can do that, however... There's doing that, and then there is "I personally see no issue with account trading because it must take work, so when I make a new player account, whats wrong with me trading some Plat and Rivens to my main huh?" in which case, that may get you banned. Again, significant difference. If you aren't sure though, or genuinely can't understand the difference, then yeah, maybe take precaution. 

Ultimately its about transparency and sincerity and also of course recognising the game has its rules. Some people think "but how can DE know its not two brothers, so maybe I can use that as an excuse for shady stuff" but there are ways to distinguish. Thinking the rules are wrong or restrictive is valid as well, but thats an entirely different matter as far as awareness/understanding versus agreeing/disagreeing. 

5 hours ago, Im__nobody said:

Whats the difference between clan members doing this? I've had many clan members on discord saying hey guys I got a 50% off or whatever but not gonna use it if anyone is interested. We cashapp or paypal each other and they trade us the plat, we've done it many times. Its not like we're stealing or getting this stuff for free its different if we were but at the end of the day DE is getting their money.

Discounts are non-transferrable.  Doing this is a EULA violation and can be punished with a game ban.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Im__nobody said:

I would say if its more so on consoles. Cant you guys by tennogen with plat? PC players cant do that. But like I said already its not like anyone is getting this stuff for free. DE is getting their money at the end real money while we buy fake video game money.

The console discounts don't work with tennogen or boosters, on PC you are getting 150$ worth of plat for 50-75% off which is huge. It would definitely hurt their bottom line if they didn't have these rules. Just imagine you can have 20+ accounts all you do is login every day you buy discounted plat and then re-sell it or even 100s and you can see why they block it.

People already do this in addition to account theft it's not a huge market but I have seen enough posts here and on reddit of people losing their accounts or getting negative balances when they rollback the other account. You may not enjoy their way of monetization but it's a F2P game with only cosmetics behind plat, you could go without ever spending a penny just waiting for NW or giveaways for free slots and catalysts 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Nierou said:

The console discounts don't work with tennogen or boosters, on PC you are getting 150$ worth of plat for 50-75% off which is huge. It would definitely hurt their bottom line if they didn't have these rules. Just imagine you can have 20+ accounts all you do is login every day you buy discounted plat and then re-sell it or even 100s and you can see why they block it.

People already do this in addition to account theft it's not a huge market but I have seen enough posts here and on reddit of people losing their accounts or getting negative balances when they rollback the other account. You may not enjoy their way of monetization but it's a F2P game with only cosmetics behind plat, you could go without ever spending a penny just waiting for NW or giveaways for free slots and catalysts 

still not my point! They're literally gaining something and losing nothing. That person thats doing these alt accounts is still using THEIR own real money to buy fake money that cost devs nothing to make. I dont know how fake video game money works so I guess I cant really say anything. But does it cost devs anything to create their V bucks, gta shark cards etc. Unless somehow they do waste money to make fake money than I still dont see how they're losing anything.

This is sounding more like its a moral issue with the community than anything. Its literally not hurting them at all when they're literally making money out of nothing. In fact the way you say it makes it sound like exactly what I said earlier, that this would entice someone to waste more money when they're getting coupons more often much like what I do with my group in discord.

Either way its against the rules and moral dilemma being wrong cause everyone agrees in the community its wrong?

3 hours ago, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Discounts are non-transferrable.  Doing this is a EULA violation and can be punished with a game ban.

??? so if they're not transferrable how are you gonna get in trouble with something you can't physically do. You realize how that doesnt make sense? Theres no way to give my 75% coupon to another account. Somehow almost everything else is giftable in the game but yeah I dunno know. BUT if you're saying that trading plat is punishable than I guess we're all gonna lose our accounts cause I'm sure majority of us have traded plat at one point. DE does allow trading plat do they not?

On 2023-06-03 at 11:20 AM, Stormandreas said:

Yes, you will, this is bannable (I have asked before as my friend quit and wanted to give me all his stuff that he could, so I checked beforehand and they said no, if I did I can be banned)

You can't cross platform trade anyway. If Cross save ever does become a thing (I doubt it will any time soon if at all), then DE will likely provide a way to simply merge your accounts together

You really can't donate stuff to someone else? I know between your own accounts is not allowed, but I'd have thought they wouldn't mind someone just giving their stuff away if they wanted to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Im__nobody said:

I dont know how fake video game money works so I guess I cant really say anything.

Not knowing is totally fine, but for someone that acknowledges you don't know a lot, well, you make a lot of claims no? Which again, no judgement, just... Oh and you should feel free to say stuff, just, you might want to put your understanding into context. If that makes sense?

Like you know depending on how deep you want to take the discussion, and the context you want to cover, all money is "fake", right, but that can get pretty complicated fast. 

Anyway DE's currency, actually exists in such a way, where people creating alt accounts, can, actually mean they are losing. I'll get to the moral/ethical aspect later. In some financial systems, certain ideas exist, to help promote/encourage growth/profit. One basic concept, is spending value to generate value. Or spending money to make money. Its why sometimes promotions give away freebies, why you can get samples, why when you sign into Warframe you get starter Plat. The idea is, by giving you some free starter Plat, you can experience making a purchase, and thus get first hand experience making such transactions. That familiarity and ease, can make you more likely to make future transactions, though, if you spend all your starter Plat, you'll have to try find other ways to get Plat. 

I assume you follow to this point yes? Well that 50 free Plat isn't arbitrary. Its "fake" so DE could give you 500 million Plat no? Hypothetically. Well sure, but then you wouldn't have the same incentivises to spend actual real money to get their Premium currency and you could just buy everything in their store. However, some people don't actually like that feeling. Of just... getting so much all at once. Some prefer doing something, and feeling like they are rewarded something for their efforts. Then some people can also enjoy getting items, by paying for them too, and combinations as well. 

A lot of free samples and promos and ideas like them, aren't, intended for the same individuals benefit, but to trade value, and make up for it. A really cynical and insidious example of such exchanges, could be a drug dealer giving away addictive drugs for free to a potential new customer. Its not that the drug dealer has an infinite supply of drugs, they can just give away freely. They are taking a risk that by giving away some small freebies, they can get a paying customer out of the exchange. 

Riven Slots for example, cost 60 Plat, but if you just create more Alt accounts, you never have to pay that Plat. Rivens can also sell for 100's and 100's of Plat too, so having a means to stockpile and trade Rivens can become rewarding to an individual, but operates as a loss to DE, who require such transactions to continue existing. 

Ethically and morally there is a lot that can gotten into, so much so, well I could say a lot. DE uses a FTP model, which... Like there is a reason why in some places its age restricted game up to ages 17, M, has 18+ tags in some places too. Legality wise and business wise, it makes sense for them to have the policies they have, and likely a lot more thought and expertise has been poured into such ideas by them, than most players. Just factually, a person with alt accounts, can exploit the system and lose them money. It might just be that you personally are unfamiliar with why/how. Which again is okay, just not really the best platform to use as far as giving satisfactory reasons or explanations to such systems. 

• Like 1

💀 well I think this is the last time I'll be coming on the forums for a long time. You did a lot of typing man but sorry I'm not reading all that. I get it you think its wrong. Poor people shouldnt use coupons to pay for food but that drug dealer example was pretty entertaining.

Ok I'm off the warframe forums for whenever. Its not like you're problems get solved here anyways. Been talking about the reviving bugs and other numerous bugs or giving feedback like color coating certain stuff to make easier for people that already exists in the game like being able to color enemies or targets that I think would help many not just myself. Dont blame DE tho, I'm sure they get tons of messages a day from people. I at least finally got my star wars like experience 5 years later so. A win is a win 👍👍

p.s I'm not gonna be on the forums again so those that wanna write out an essay, save your time no offense 🙏 sorry

Funny thing is I only came on the forums to report another bug. I had completely forgotten about this post and other post of the angry person telling people how they should be playing warframe...

Just now, Im__nobody said:

💀 well I think this is the last time I'll be coming on the forums for a long time. You did a lot of typing man but sorry I'm not reading all that. I get it you think its wrong. Poor people shouldnt use coupons to pay for food but that drug dealer example was pretty entertaining.

Ok I'm off the warframe forums for whenever. Its not like you're problems get solved here anyways. Been talking about the reviving bugs and other numerous bugs or giving feedback like color coating certain stuff to make easier for people that already exists in the game like being able to color enemies or targets that I think would help many not just myself. Dont blame DE tho, I'm sure they get tons of messages a day from people. I at least finally got my star wars like experience 5 years later so. A win is a win 👍👍

p.s I'm not gonna be on the forums again so those that wanna write out an essay, save your time no offense 🙏 sorry

Edited by Im__nobody

32 minutes ago, Im__nobody said:

You are under no obligation to read anyones posts, nor do you have to apologise. Its fine. Just consider that you yourself have made long posts in this thread replying to other people. So if you want people to read your long replies... well naturally, some of their replies will also be long. So what does it say to someone who expects others to read their long posts but doesn't want to read the replies? 

Also for someone that didn't read a reply, you do oddly go on to respond to some of it. Also, no, I don't think its wrong. Empathetically, my response explained how it doesn't matter what I personally think, but explained why the system is set up how it is, and how some of your examples are flawed in premise, but also why they might have merit elsewhere. Also, if you think this will be the last time you come to the forums why? Did you interpret hostility or something? If so, I apologise, but also, please don't assume hostility where there isn't any. That in itself can be a type of hostility/negativity. 

37 minutes ago, Im__nobody said:

So it sounds like you are just generally frustrated and potentially passive aggressive or? Which is fine if thats how you feel, but that doesn't necessarily mean your points will be factually sound. Like again, you yourself acknowledged you don't know much about how fake video game money works. At some point in the past, neither did I, I learned, you can learn too if you'd like. 

40 minutes ago, Im__nobody said:

Funny thing is I only came on the forums to report another bug. I had completely forgotten about this post and other post of the angry person telling people how they should be playing warframe...

Given your behaviour patterns so far, I am a bit skeptical. You seem to pick up on hostility from others, but don't seem that concerned if you may come off as antagonistic or hostile yourself. So you might be the type to write such a response, and then check back later, out of curiosity, to have some sort of validation, or something else. Which again, no judgement, and you do not have to be concerned with my time. I enjoy posting in the forums, and talking about Warframe. I do it in my small exercise breaks. Wether others read what I write isn't necessarily important, as self expression by its self can be good for a person. So I get another satisfaction just writing what I think. So all good! 

If you do leave though, take care and all the best! 

• Like 3