Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Warframe reddit channel?

MutoManiac

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Ember_Shade_Rose said:

None of the apps and subreddit's that are protesting the API pricing change use the API to scrape for Data further you don't need API access to scrape a website for Data. Also most moderators use 3rd-Party apps because they supply better moderation tools then the actual reddit app does.

Can you help me understand how removing a decade of player generated information because of some different moderation tool usage is appropriate? 

1 hour ago, Drevux said:

What about a third option, don't use the plugin's and keep the site up.  Like every other reddit that is not shutdown.  If there is no money involved then it should be no issue.  The entire reddit platform runs with subreddits much larger than r/Warframe operating fine today.

are you for real right now?

Ok let me ELI5 this for you WHen you run a community with a million + users you need to use complex moderation tools so it doesn't get flooded with spam bots and scam bots and literally any other sort of malicious person or bot out there tools which REDDIT itself DOES NOT provide, so ppl resort to 3rd party tools,
The subreddit for blind people YES blind people can and DO use computers and the internet CAN NOT funtciton AT ALL because reddit has 0 accesibility features for them, and they RELY on 3rd party app and with the new tax reddit wants to charge that subreddit upwards of 20 million dollars FOR EVERY MINUTE OF NORMAL USE.

I can already hear you saying "hurr there's no blind ppl using warframe's subreddit", and I'll tell you that it was just an extreme example, but literally all subreddits that  have some semblance of dignity and care for their userbase are appalled by reddit's scummy moves and prices. And in warframe's case it might not be 20 million but it's MULTIPLE TIMES what they make off donations because it's a volunteer run subreddit and THEY MAKE NO MONEY they make by just from donations, donations reddit want's to take mulltiple times over just to keep them running.

If you can't get this then light has a higher chance escaping a black hole, than you ever understanding how the world works.

1 hour ago, EDM774 said:

are you for real right now?

Ok let me ELI5 this for you WHen you run a community with a million + users you need to use complex moderation tools so it doesn't get flooded with spam bots and scam bots and literally any other sort of malicious person or bot out there tools which REDDIT itself DOES NOT provide, so ppl resort to 3rd party tools,
The subreddit for blind people YES blind people can and DO use computers and the internet CAN NOT funtciton AT ALL because reddit has 0 accesibility features for them, and they RELY on 3rd party app and with the new tax reddit wants to charge that subreddit upwards of 20 million dollars FOR EVERY MINUTE OF NORMAL USE.

I can already hear you saying "hurr there's no blind ppl using warframe's subreddit", and I'll tell you that it was just an extreme example, but literally all subreddits that  have some semblance of dignity and care for their userbase are appalled by reddit's scummy moves and prices. And in warframe's case it might not be 20 million but it's MULTIPLE TIMES what they make off donations because it's a volunteer run subreddit and THEY MAKE NO MONEY they make by just from donations, donations reddit want's to take mulltiple times over just to keep them running.

If you can't get this then light has a higher chance escaping a black hole, than you ever understanding how the world works.

So to be clear, the best and only viable option for the community -- is to remove it?  Why is it that even the other subreddits that have decided to join this protest are not taking this action?

Are all other participants in this protest that are not shutting down their subreddits lacking dignity and don't care about their users by letting them continue to use their subreddit?

5 hours ago, Drevux said:

Since the original Warframe Reddit mods care more about their own money than the community, I've setup a new subreddit.

Looks like you are interested in starting a wild forest fire. Well you are on your own. Good luck with that agenda. 

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

It's sad to see people thinking and acting like you.

But he's right. Sorry but I have to say it. 

2 hours ago, Drevux said:

So to be clear, the best and only viable option for the community -- is to remove it?  Why is it that even the other subreddits that have decided to join this protest are not taking this action?

Are all other participants in this protest that are not shutting down their subreddits lacking dignity and don't care about their users by letting them continue to use their subreddit?

depends on the subreddit, some will take the weak man approach and stick to the initial 48 hour blackout and go crawling back to their reddit overlords, and others took matter into their own hands and cut ties with an abusive relationship for good.

it is what it is. Someone has to stand up to the corporations or they will never learn. But for every right minded person 3 NPCs take his place so the corpos keep making money regardless, which is the sad part out of all of this.

I kinda wonder how many people use reddit as a source for quick information vs just have an account they rarely use vs use it as a social hub.

All this blackout did was make smaller subreddits more popular. The average user is still using the platform. Just seems like another power trip for reddit mods. A lot of the time the automation tools mods use just feel like a pain to the user just trying to make a simple post. Like r/showerthoughts I'll never understand the criteria for a post they deem worthy of not being deleted there.

This is chaos. I was looking for some info and the reddit still down. If you go to that dormi zone site there's a person asking to bring back the sub.. All i see is toxicity in the replies lol.

Just to add that of all of the subs i am on reddit , Warframe is the only one that's still private.

Edit: found out that reddit going to take action on the mods if they keep the subs private for long lol.. 

So after scouring parts of Reddit after the initial 48-hour blackout I've found threads discussing how the Blackout hurt more than it helped.  The Reddit Blackout has made it harder to find solutions to problems so why are we protesting something that is just hurting others' ability to use Reddit? It seems a tad unfair to them to do this. A very large portion of Reddit users do not use those 3rd party apps and do not care that they exist. This blackout hurts the average Reddit user more than it helps as far as I can see.

1 hour ago, CiernSelar said:

The Reddit Blackout has made it harder to find solutions to problems so why are we protesting something that is just hurting others' ability to use Reddit? 

Shutting down the website is the entire point

Reddit's CEO "Mr. Spez" is trying to do some sort of sale (I'm not sure if it's related to stocks or just selling the company) and the angry mods are trying to hurt his bottom line. They are trying to outright devalue the site, hurting the sale. They're basically holding the site hostage, right down to having demands.

Yes the average user is going to be badly inconvenienced. That's not an accident. The message the mods are trying to send it "see how bad Reddit is during this protest? Imagine that forever, that's what will happen if you don't join us." 

CEO Spez has tried to fight back by banning protesting mods unless they reopen their subreddits (basically hiring strikebreakers). The mods have retaliated by uploading 10gigabyte video files of TV static hundreds of times, because now the subreddits have technically reopened

10 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

The mods have retaliated by uploading 10gigabyte video files of TV static hundreds of times, because now the subreddits have technically reopened

Wait what? I wasn't aware of that, I only saw Charlie's video where he talked about mods coming back because they were scared of losing their account

13 hours ago, CiernSelar said:

So after scouring parts of Reddit after the initial 48-hour blackout I've found threads discussing how the Blackout hurt more than it helped.  The Reddit Blackout has made it harder to find solutions to problems so why are we protesting something that is just hurting others' ability to use Reddit? It seems a tad unfair to them to do this. A very large portion of Reddit users do not use those 3rd party apps and do not care that they exist. This blackout hurts the average Reddit user more than it helps as far as I can see.

IMO both sides are dumb and I am annoyed by this protest. I am just wondering if DE owns the subreddit out of curiosity because  if they own it that means another huge company is taking a stance. Reddit DOES need to earn money otherwise how is it going to run? If I remember correctly they're not that good in raising up money and their ads are either blocked, replaced by third party apps. But on the other hand, the official reddit app is awful to the point it only serves to get your data. You'd be better off going to old.reddit.com.

And I'm gonna be straightforward here; part of the API is those bots that sniff out users and ban them preemptively for posting in subreddits they don't like which is ironically toxic. With the api change, that tool goes out to the window and some people protest because of this instead of a legit reason.

On 2023-06-12 at 6:58 AM, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

Hope the protest works.

On 2023-06-12 at 8:07 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

It'll only work if the "protests" stick to their guns and don't go crawling back afterwards.

Like Twitch

It's not going to work because they did it for 48 hours, which is short enough for the higher ups to "ride out the storm." 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

It's not going to work because they did it for 48 hours, which is short enough for the higher ups to "ride out the storm." 

5 hours ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

It’s still private, so not sure what you mean.

Told You

Yes, it's still private but that won't matter, the CEO of Reddit threatened that if they don't un-private the subreddits, they'll find a mod who will and you know they will find a shill, most of the world is full of them.

If they really wanted to make it work then they should shut it down, and remove their Subreedit entirely, most won't because they'll at some point give up and give in. It'll only work if the "protests" stick to their guns and don't go crawling back afterwards, delete everything, and shut down subreddits.

Watch, once the storm is over, the higher-ups will be laughing.

At all of them.

Archived