Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If I don’t have primed shred what other mods can I replace it for that is close to the bonus primed shred gives?

if you mean close to 55% Fire Rate and 2m+ Punch-Through
just a Riven. there are no other Mods like Shred. either you pick a Fire Rate alternative, or a Punch-Through alternative. there isn't a both.

or you could Mod for one and use a Warframe Arcane for the other, if that suits you.

generally speaking Nukor is used both as a primer and Damage, so the best choice is Magnetic because you get more Status Effects than any other choice. you could also do Impact theoretically for Impact Slash memes but it's that's not actually good really, it's just amusing on Paper.

• Like 1

Vile Acceleration is super underrated.  The -15% damage barely factors into DPS but +90% fire rate is insane.  If you're looking for punch through you can use Metal Augur, and if you want a combination of the two just use regular Shred.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

Vile Acceleration is super underrated.  The -15% damage barely factors into DPS but +90% fire rate is insane.  If you're looking for punch through you can use Metal Augur, and if you want a combination of the two just use regular Shred.

and if they don't have that, speed triggers gives %60.

• Like 2

vile accel, speed trigger, and even base shred are all good alternatives

also, don't get the nukor, get the tenet cycron. nukor has ammo issues while cycron doesn't. cycron has innate punch through, nukor doesn't. if you plan to use it as a primer, the cycron is a battery weapon, which means it recharges when holstered, so you can use it to prime without worrying about reloading. cycron also has more consistent damage with its lower crit damage, but higher crit chance. cycron still even has the chaining effect that the nukor does.

basically cycron is nukor but better

Edited by gamingchair1121
edit

12 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

basically cycron is nukor but better

Nukor but worse - don't need to be misleading to mention alternatives.

however yes, if just Priming, then can pick other Weapons - though may as well Prime and deal Damage at the same time.

• Like 2

If you want a primer, the best one in the game is Kompressa with Secondary Encumber, an expensive arcane that doesn't work well on beam weapons (Nukor, Cycron) and radial attacks (Epitaph). Mod it for viral, corrosive and heat; if you don't have the arcane, don't max Scorch, leave that unranked. Give it multishot and fire rate and possibly get a riven. This weapon is also amazing at destroying nullifiers' bubbles, besides.

Valid alternatives are Tysis (semi-automatic, single target) and Twin Kohmak (fully automatic).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VibingCat said:

If you want a primer, the best one in the game is Kompressa with Secondary Encumber, an expensive arcane that doesn't work well on beam weapons (Nukor, Cycron) and radial attacks (Epitaph). Mod it for viral, corrosive and heat; if you don't have the arcane, don't max Scorch, leave that unranked. Give it multishot and fire rate and possibly get a riven. This weapon is also amazing at destroying nullifiers' bubbles, besides.

Valid alternatives are Tysis (semi-automatic, single target) and Twin Kohmak (fully automatic).

Why is Twin Kohmak better than Knukor and Cycron?  Not doubting you:  I don't have the arcane and know nothing about it outside of the wiki description.  Just genuinely curious about the explanation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Why is Twin Kohmak better than Knukor and Cycron?  Not doubting you:  I don't have the arcane and know nothing about it outside of the wiki description.  Just genuinely curious about the explanation. 

same status chance as kohm, highest status shotgun in the entire game.

19 hours ago, (PSN)CleftonCuhh said:

Need help on this 

and also while I’m here for a general use dps nukor should I go for heat, toxin, or magnetic for my progenitor bonus?

first off any form of punch through is generally useful for single target to compete with aoe so that's mainly the reason people use primed shred.

base shred can be farmed from nightmare missions but alternatively if you can support the mod capacity I recommend punch through alone.

as for your second request, magnetic is generally the best for spreading status on the weapon. However, if it's primarily to be used as a killing weapon, heat/electric and run with viral since both single procs staack indefinitely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

Same status chance as kohm, highest status shotgun in the entire game.

It's very good at applying status, no doubt. 

But my question wasn't "Is it good at applying status?"  It was, "Why is it better with than Knukor or Tenet Cycron with Encumber?  I understand why Kompressa would be best, I think.  I understand why Twin Kohmak would be good, but not why it's a valid alternative to Kompressa while Knukor and Cycron "don't work well".

It's probably something obvious, but so far my only guess is VibingCat was talking about the slight delay beam weapons have before connecting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

The Twin Kohmak has such high status chance and fire rate that, with the help of Secondary Encumber, it procs 10-13 status *types* in a very short time. This is a huge damage buff when your DPS weapon runs Condition Overload or Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy. On the other hand, if you only need viral and armour strip, Kompressa is once again the best pick.

In practice, most of the time, you're going to need a primer only when the toughest enemies show up — demolysts, some eximus, acolytes, bosses —, therefore it is not mandatory to have a multi-target one, usually.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

But my question wasn't "Is it good at applying status?"  It was, "Why is it better with than Knukor or Tenet Cycron with Encumber?  I understand why Kompressa would be best, I think.  I understand why Twin Kohmak would be good, but not why it's a valid alternative to Kompressa while Knukor and Cycron "don't work well".

It's probably something obvious, but so far my only guess is VibingCat was talking about the slight delay beam weapons have before connecting.

my apologies.

it's better because of having status per pellet rather than having status on a single hit.

46 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Nukor and Cycron do work well, the problem is that the amazing arcane Secondary Encumber is currently bugged on them, so it will hardly ever proc anything beyond the innate elements. The other reason is that hitscan weapons are more effective at breaking nullifiers' bubbles, which is relevant when playing against the Corpus and Corrupted. If that's fine for you, and you don't own the arcane above, then the two beam weapons are likely better than Twin Kohmak because they're more reactive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

my apologies.

it's better because of having status per pellet rather than having status on a single hit.

The important characteristic of a good primer is the number of status effects per second, equal to status chance * fire rate * multishot. You need high status chance per hit only if it's a weapon with which you want to deal damage through status (heat, slash, electricity, toxin, gas).

21 hours ago, (PSN)CleftonCuhh said:

Need help on this 

and also while I’m here for a general use dps nukor should I go for heat, toxin, or magnetic for my progenitor bonus?

typically primed shred is like a QoL/personal preference alternative to using Vile Acceleration.
If you still want the punch through then normal Shred is your only other alternative from using Vile Acceleration or Primed Shred

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 1