Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is the Orowyrm we find outside of Duviri?

-Krism-

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

Where did I say Duviri was the entirety of the Void?

I only said it was in it

And i am saying that the orowyrms have existed in other regions of the void that is not duviri.

You have asked for instances they exist outside duviri.

I am not sure where the disconnect is here.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Like you asked for proof of Orowyrms outside Duviri.

Oh, my bad, that was a typo, I had the five from Duviri in mind & typed Duviri as a result, I meant outside of the Void, sorry, I'm a dumbass

But I did give examples myself outside of it in my first post

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

As far as the topic in general. Can sympathise with the idea, of say model changes, but ehhh. Orowyrms may just exist independently as constructs. As in not all Orowyrms may be individuals transformed. The Orowyrm we see in the Iso vaults, Railjack Void Storms, and Mirror Defence, may just be more "natural", or the vanilla variety. A concept familiar to some, that thus can be an idea as far as transformative properties. 

Like think about dragons in some fictional settings? Dragons themselves exist, but some individuals can transform into dragons. Does that mean that all dragons were individuals transformed, always, and no actual dragons existed? Or just that some individuals possessed the ability to transform into dragons? Or are all wolves werewolves? Or there are wolves... and some people who can transform. Personally I'd prefer the idea Orowyrms existed/exist and some situations, like being in the Void, enough power, whatever is going on in Duviri may mean people, ideas, etc can take on transformative properties, rather than trying to retcon the idea that every Orowrym we saw in the past, just had to be someone from Duviri. It could be cool seeing a different colour, but eh, its also okay that an Orowyrm is just an Orowyrm too (to me). 

& no, even if some existed at some point outside the Void, in the Origin System, I know nobody could turn into one, maybe use Continuity on one, but not physically transform

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Oh, my bad, that was a typo, I had the five from Duviri in mind & typed Duviri as a result, I meant outside of the Void, sorry, I'm a dumbass

But I did give examples myself outside of it in my first post

All good, I actually assumed you probably mean the Void and not Duviri based on your wording, but I also understood what the 0_The_F00l was trying to say as well, and generally agreed with them. I don't think you have to apologise, but I think you both understand each other better now too. 

17 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

& no, even if some existed at some point outside the Void, in the Origin System, I know nobody could turn into one, maybe use Continuity on one, but not physically transform

Yeah, well, I mean for myself, I don't know or feel one way or the other for certain, but I like the idea of vanilla or original Orowyrms, as a seperate idea, concept and then the idea of Duviri inhabitants transforming themselves into their own versions. Reminds me a bit of William Blake paintings, and the Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris, quote "The primary antagonist is driven by a psychological obsession with the painting, including having the painting tattooed onto his back and the belief that his murders will help him to transform into the Red Dragon" in Duviri, we have characters who embody a mood, and there is a lot of psychological and personality traits on display with their respective moods, and ultimately the journey they take through each spiral ultimately manifests itself in them coming to a realisation or conclusion and shedding their mortal form, to transform into a mighty Orowyrm, aka a Dragon. There is a certain necessity for a "Dragon" to exist independently, to give the transformation more oomph, as far as ideals held and holding to certain ideas and transformation, that I think might be lacking if the idea of them didn't exist in some other way.

It would be interesting either way though! Good for discussion too. 

Cheers! 

33 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Reminds me a bit of William Blake paintings, and the Red Dragon, by Thomas Harris

Ah yes, I know that one

Would be cool if it's later revealed that this Orowyrm is someone that has been watching what happens in other parts of the Void, for a reason or another

• Like 1

18 hours ago, -Krism- said:

@0_The_F00l @trst @SneakyErvin

But do we have any proof that Orowyrms exist outside of Duviri? Just like Thraxx himself, they could be from the storybook we had on the Zariman, not actual Orokin constructs

I don't actually think that myself, but it's an interesting question

We've seen the Wyrms ever since Railjack released, they are a "common" occurance in the loading tunnel. And if we look on Fortuna it seems like Orowyrms are an intended Orokin design for some purpose since they are very similar in design to some of the fish there, that likely also serve a purpose unless uhm the Orokin loved to eat bio-mechanical fish (I wont judge!). So I assume Orowyrms are intended for deep space exploration, possibly for the void specifically depending on if they are a reaction to the discovery/incident that Albrecht ran into. Could be that they are used for some continuity crap so scientists can explore without physically being there, like some transference 0.5 idea.

On 2023-06-21 at 10:06 AM, -Krism- said:

That's specific to fissure Railjack missions, as I mentioned in my first post

They were around when RJ first launched before there were fissures. I ran a lot of RJ in its initial state before they streamlined the ship mods and reduced costs while farming all of those mods. So much that when they elminated a bunch of the mods I got over 1 million endo from it. Orowyrms were rare, but they happened. Unless they changed along the way, they can appear in any between RJ mission tunnel, it's been a while since I really ran much RJ stuff and I stopped paying attention for them.

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

They were around when RJ first launched before there were fissures. I ran a lot of RJ in its initial state before they streamlined the ship mods and reduced costs while farming all of those mods. So much that when they elminated a bunch of the mods I got over 1 million endo from it. Orowyrms were rare, but they happened. Unless they changed along the way, they can appear in any between RJ mission tunnel, it's been a while since I really ran much RJ stuff and I stopped paying attention for them.

Yeah, it was a little easter egg, but since Railjack fissures were implemented, it was moved exclusively there