Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about plants for all the plant pots we already have?

PublikDomain

Gaze upon my horrific gardening deeds and weep:

yavHNoR.jpg

I wish to commit similar atrocities from the comfort of my Orbiter. But what am I supposed to put in these?

https://i.imgur.com/p0PZnU0.png

They don't even need to be functional like in the Dormizone (though that would be very cool). Let me grow plants here even if it's just decorative.

A few examples of what could be added:

• Scanned and breakable plants have a chance to drop seeds. Pots can be interacted with to plant a seed. The round pots support one plant, and wider pots can support two to three. The plants grow over time (at the next daily reset) and be harvested for seeds or for the material.
  • Scanned and breakable plants have a chance to drop a decoration, which is placed using the existing decoration system.
  • Vendors like Acrithis and Hombask sell plant decorations that are placed using the existing decoration system.

Making this functional would be a nice little alternative to scanning/foraging. You could grow scanned plants like Jadeleaf and Lunar Pitcher, harvested plants from PoE like Maprico, Duviri plants like Kovnik, and maybe even Infested "plants". It'd be neat. Or, at least, it could just be decorative.

---

For the moderation team: if it doesn't quickly become obvious to you, this thread is 10% serious and 90% silly. I'm posting daily pics of my ongoing and very super serious protest, weekly garden updates as I show my prowess in out-gardening DE, and occasionally give casual gardening tips. All of it probably belongs in Off Topic or Fan Zone. So why is it in the General Feedback subforum? Because you guys decided to put it here! So if you decide to take issue with this silly thread, please just move it to a more appropriate subforum.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 47

• 2 weeks later...

I thought they would soon add the other flowers and plants that are seen in Duviri, inside those same pots, but they haven't. I would also like to be able to reduce the size of the pots more, I feel that even in the minimum, they are somewhat large.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lyblac said:

I thought they would soon add the other flowers and plants that are seen in Duviri, inside those same pots, but they haven't. I would also like to be able to reduce the size of the pots more, I feel that even in the minimum, they are somewhat large.

The soonest I'd realistically expect anything is in the Echoes update coming out soon with the new Incarnons and such. If there's no word by then I guess I'll start pestering again.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:17 AM, Lyblac said:

I I would also like to be able to reduce the size of the pots more, I feel that even in the minimum, they are somewhat large.

Yeah,  I bought a couple to turn upside down and use as plinths for the planet statues, not realising how big they were.  🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping we'd get at least something to put in these with the Echoes update, but I guess not. So I'll be taking more drastic measures: placing an empty plant pot every day there's nothing to put in them.

cHVWdyj.jpg

st7SFfJ.png

Day 2 of having nothing to put in these plant pots.

Day 3 of having nothing to put in these plant pots.

ysSicrx.png

Day 4 of having nothing to put in these plant pots. I moved them outside.

Usm8Gvi.png

Gosh this would be such a nice spot to put down a little garden.

Day 5 (and one hotfix) of having no plants to put in all of these plant pots.

QGKp4ia.png

Day 7 of having no plants to plant in these plant pots.

Xrhjp27.png

8 days (and another hotfix) of not having anything to put in all these plant pots.

G0T8mRl.png

9 days of having nothing to put in these pots.

ZpaRwzN.png

Day 10. I guess I could plant myself? Poor VERDIE with nothing to tend to :(

5ca39S8.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-08-07 at 5:39 AM, Syrethyst said:

Plant Eidolons? They are basically trees..right?Warframe_7_8_2023_5_11_47_PM.png

I have planted one Eidolon. (Day 12 of having no plants to put in these pots):

PDRnFnJ.png

Day 13

MVQb9TV.png

jack-sparrow-jar-of-dirt.gif

14 days

RRu6xNj.png

Day 15. Warframe for scale. Whooole lot of empty space.

PxUvaVM.png

• Like 4

On 2023-08-10 at 5:41 PM, MARALOHK said:

DE, While I also would like plants for the pots, don't rush. This thread has the potential that only boredom and dissatisfaction can nourish.

I'm curious to see how far this goes as well.

Day 16: The game gave me 13 Relics for logging in today. I would rather have 13 plants.

e57ab85.png

On 2023-08-12 at 12:55 PM, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Ya' know what would look good in those pots? Maprico trees!

(Wait, do we have maprico trees as decor?)

We have baskets of Maprico fruit as decor, but no trees as far as I'm aware. What I'd give for some Orbiter-compatible tree decorations like we get in the Dojo.

Edit: Also Day 17. Time to get experimental.

ZCpJ63E.png

Day 18, and I've got enough pots for 60 more!

eIAsMwA.png

Day 19 of having nothing to feed the dirt snake. Please think of the dirt snake.

wVfjVDm.png

Day 20 and another hotfix, and still nothing to feed the dirt snake. Sad, sad dirt snake :(

Zj7A7SX.png

And oh, what's this?

QZqLDsr.png

Someone's holding out on us.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 10

Wanna know the worst part?

Dojos have plants.
All kinds of plants.
So many kinds, even.

We're not asking for miracles DE.

On another note, the only reason I even bought the wall planters is because have plants in them to begin with.
For the floor pots, just make 'em empty at that point. Why even have "plant pots" if we can't put plants in 'em?

image.png?width=663&height=559

It's a good place it hide my Kuria tho, I guess.

• Like 4

Day 21. Oh no, it's headed for the camp! If only there were some plants to satiate the Dirtwyrm's hunger!

https://imgur.com/gHUo7RagHUo7Ra.png

On 2023-08-16 at 6:20 PM, Binket_ said:

Wanna know the worst part?

Dojos have plants.
All kinds of plants.
So many kinds, even.

We're not asking for miracles DE.

On another note, the only reason I even bought the wall planters is because have plants in them to begin with.
For the floor pots, just make 'em empty at that point. Why even have "plant pots" if we can't put plants in 'em?

image.png?width=663&height=559

It's a good place it hide my Kuria tho, I guess.

I'd kill for some of the Dojo plants being Orbiter decorations, the hanging vines in particular. And speaking of flowers, look what I found:

vbFpJma.png

These are different than the red hangar flowers, too. Unique plants made for these pots but you can't get em, only Thraxx gets to exercise his green thumb :(

On 2023-08-16 at 1:32 PM, TomatoMarrow said:

It is not the plants, but the pots themselves that grow in number, sprawling past their intended area...someone get PublikDomain some plants before we have a new, more ceramic infestation on our hands...

Even Helminth gets to have flowers :(

TpecBIk.png

Day 22, nooo! Not the nameless Butcher! If only there was some way to stop the Dirtwyrm! Like with the plants already added to the game but just not rigged as decorations! His blood is on your hands, DE. You could have prevented this.

NeFPiqh.png

Anyways, Duviri also has these neat spiral trees:

NZvckXK.png

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 7

I have added to the dojo those pots, however duviri inspired plants would be nice as some of them are vertical , giving height to the decoration as a whole.

On the liset however these have very litle use as there aren't that many plants, you have a bush from the zariman and not much else.

Adding plants and even more duviri inspired decorations would be nice.

• Like 2

Day 25: No.... no, it cannot be! Is it?

NjRj9oO.png

On 2023-08-20 at 12:08 PM, TomatoMarrow said:

The Dirtwyrm: a modern-day portrait of struggle without end that we can believe in!  Dirtwyrm 2024!

Dirtwyrm for Space President!

"Feed me plants or I'll feed on you"
-Dirtwyrm

Day 26 and another update: By the Void, that's no ordinary Dirtwyrm!

xROliEt.png

Day 27: It's... It's a Dirtwyrm Hydra!

uQ5mqcs.png

Day 28 of having nothing to appease the Dirtwyrm Hydra put in all these plant pots.

rrBLqtF.png

Day 29 of not having any plants to put in all these plant pots.

1RKqZ23.png

And for good measure, here's another one of Duviri's cool spiral trees specifically designed to be put in these plant pots:

HUm48G5.png

Day 30 of not having any greenery to put in all these greenery-holders.

fX89cW0.png

And it's not just the greenery DE's holding out on! Oh no, they're hiding plant pots too, like this neat conical one:

XNfb2UP.png

Day 31: happy Tennocon! Would be a lot happier with some happy plants.

CjnstLM.jpg

Day 32: less than happy Tennocon. The Dirtwyrm Hydra has grown another head, and unfortunately its name is Greed.

yqsm8QE.png

• Like 8

Thank you for your perseverance and humor! May we all satisfy the dreaded Dirtwyrm's insatiable appetite with some lovely plants  in our ever growing pot nursery!  It would bring me immense pleasure to fill my poor lonely pots with some lovely floral specimens so please keep championing the fight as the struggle is REAL!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

• Like 1