Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore findings regarding Duviri (Zariman) Tablets - The 7 Crimes of Kullervo

-Zr-Scroll

4 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Is this what the Man in the Wall really says at the end of the New War quest ?

I went back and rechecked the audio from that scene and I don't think it is what he said, however, I do think it clears up an argument that I remember a lot of people having about that quote. A lot of what Wally said at the end of the New War definitely sounded like Requiems, however, I don't really think anyone could agree on what the second to last word was (normally I wouldn't delve too far into a single sentence, but face it, the sentence is 6(?) words and is the only line we have formally heard from the Wall Wally). Either way, I feel a bit more confident in saying that second to last word is "Mara".

On a side note, I have a feeling that vosphene glyphs are going to be a bit more important as we go through the story (considering how they have been making a fair number of appearances recently). Perhaps the requiems are a form of vosphene and the glyphs that appear in respects to our void school are either derived from the void or were created based on a preexisting concept discovered from researching the void. It would be a pretty effective way at communicating information with minimal effort, hence why they are mentioned to be an effective emergency signal. (This is a thought I just had so it isn't fully fleshed out)

hace 2 horas, German dijo:

I wonder if that's a hint at what's coming at tennocon?

The orokin never tried that in the past or did they?

Rebecca did hint at sentient stuff beeing at tennocon.

I thought this year´s Tenncon was about the Stalker?, maybe it has something to do with the loyal servants thing but I´ll always welcome more sentient content, feels like they´re underused ingame

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

According to "old" in-game lore Duviri was a real place. If I remember correctly it was The Business that mentioned he had "worked" there. It was supposedly a very royal and festive Orokin house/colony or whatever it was he refered to it as. Sadly those in-game ties have been removed and potentially retconned out, or it might just be that Euleria Entrati based the book on real history of the place. Kinda like how we do these days with "based on a true story" or "historical" dramas and so on.

Where did you get this info? I'd be interested to read it myself.

21 hours ago, -Zr-Scroll said:

I looked around for a few hours to find these and as far I know there are 29, but I've probably missed some?

Here's an album with a screenshot of each with the answer written below in description: https://imgur.com/a/wak3U4X

nzLqbl6.jpg

If you answer wrong: 'the Wall' laughs.

If you answer right: 'the Wall' starts to speak Requiem sentences, which is a whole another can of worms to decipher.

These texts are suprisingly blunt about Lore details, which I find quite fascinating.

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Did you forget, kiddo?
    A: You owe me

2. What event concluded the Eighteenth Radiation War?
    A: The destruction of the Arctic Hive Cluster

3. Is Void Travel Safe?
    B: Yes, so long as we control our emotions

4. What are the ideal conditions for contemplating Legems?
    B: While experiencing the cerebral boost of a light-coil

5. What is 'the Wall'?
    B: The Wall of Bone in whiKU NOMA ELU RA KAH, MARA LOHK?

6. What was the ultimate fate of Albrecht Entrati?
    B: That's the question, isn't it, kiddo?

7. By what right do the Orokin govern?
    B: This is a Forbidden Question

8. What was the purpose of the Zariman Parades?
    B: To instill awe in those not chosen to participate

9. Why is Mathila excessively joyful?
    B: She seeks to avoid reality

10. What was the Prince of Fire's fatal flaw?
    B: He failed to master himself

11. Why is Bombastine the most dangerous Courtier?
    A: Envy of another's station undermines the Empire

12. The 'Tales of Duviri' is:
    A: Tools for emotinal regulation in the event of Void exposure

13. How should you prepare for Continuity, if chosen?
    A: Exercise, bathe and keep by body pure

14. Which emergency visual signals can replace lost audio comms?
    A: Vosphene Glyphs

15. What invaded the Galleria?
    B: Nothing you need to worry your head over

16. You wouldn't welch on a deal, would you?
    B: I saved them. All of them, Never said I'd save you

17. What is 'Kuva'?
    A: Fluid with Void-derived capacity to conduct consciousness

18. What is your first priority if you exposed to the Void?
    A: Request the duty Cephalon to seal off your environs

19. What should public architecture celebrate?
    B: The proven superiority of tiered society

20. How many principal Orokin Virtues are there?
    B: Seven

21. Does Sythel deserve our contempt?
    B: No - her experiences are real to her

22. Excess time in The Void can result in:
    A: Temporal distortions, psychological distress

23. What will be the primary challenge of colonizing Tau?
    A: Remaining industrious in the midst of abundance

24. Who is constructing the Extrasolar Rail between Pluto and Tau?
    A: en Elite group of loyal servants of the Seven

25. What should one never do at a Serving of the Bitter Tea?
    A: Break silence

26. What is Conceptual Embodiment?
    A: Concepts taking on form in the Void

27. How many fingers are found upon one's hand?
    B: Where are my fingerbones, Kiddo?

28. What is the key lesson of The Sorrowful Soprano?
    A: Sorrow is to be endured, not indulged

29. What is the core thesis of 'The Palimpsest of Spacetime'?
    A: Events can be rewritten; traces of the original persist

Where’d you find the 16th tablet? That’s the only tablet that I haven’t found and so far I’ve found 29 as well so ig there’s 30 in total

2 hours ago, (PSN)deadpan_night9 said:

What was the ultimate fate of Albrecht Entrati?
B: That's the question, isn't it, kiddo?

Oh man, that's cruel. If you seen the full fragment of "Scholar's Landing" as part of the Lost Islands of Duviri, you would understand some of the context.

How many principal Orokin Virtues are there?
B: Seven

1. Collaboration
  2. Cunning
  3. Stealth
  4. Power
  5. Agility
  6. Endurance
  7. Speed

Specifically, the names of the Ascension/Principle Rooms on Lua rewarding their respective drift mods. Perhaps worse, how the Orokin Seven embody each of these "virtues".

Which emergency visual signals can replace lost audio comms?
A: Vosphene Glyphs

First mentioned in the Call of the Tempestarii, then returning as Focus School decorations. That's quite intriguing.

What invaded the Galleria?
B: Nothing you need to worry your head over

Another Lost Islands of Duviri, where 

Spoiler

One of Wally's fingers was probing the island. Thrax had the island promptly removed upon hearing of this.

You wouldn't welch on a deal, would you?
B: I saved them. All of them, Never said I'd save you

Referring to the scene during the New War, where your Zariman child made the "deal".

What is 'Kuva'?
A: Fluid with Void-derived capacity to conduct consciousness

Interesting to see how the Kuva clouds were reacting to our Void powers due to this. This also explains the Yuvan Theater on Lua and the process of Continuity.

Lore enthusiasts are cheering and dancing like a happy Bolarola now.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Cerikus:

Where did you get this info? I'd be interested to read it myself.

"Duviri? 'Holier than thou.' And have enough scratch to treat barons like concubines. That's who we're really working for, mark me words."

"Made a delivery to a Duviri pleasure lake, once upon a time. Airships positioned to blow spore from fragrant forests, towards the Magnate's dining barge at suppertime. Me? I got a boot in the left quarter acutator for staring at his wife too long."

"Transported this Duviri, once. Got talkin', told me about the... this... well whatsit... 'Nominative Determinism', what you get named steers how you turn out. Maybe that's why the Corpus name some of us, not our kin? Is that loopy?"

Il y a 12 heures, (XBOX)BURRITO DEVIL a dit :

I thought this year´s Tenncon was about the Stalker?, maybe it has something to do with the loyal servants thing but I´ll always welcome more sentient content, feels like they´re underused ingame

Well , he is the champion of hunhow and hunhow is still there .

Perhaps something about an alliance between lotus and hunnow with the objective of setting erra free of Pazuul influence.  learning more about how tau sentient have evole leading to a realisation of stalky.

3 hours ago, German said:

"Duviri? 'Holier than thou.' And have enough scratch to treat barons like concubines. That's who we're really working for, mark me words."

"Made a delivery to a Duviri pleasure lake, once upon a time. Airships positioned to blow spore from fragrant forests, towards the Magnate's dining barge at suppertime. Me? I got a boot in the left quarter acutator for staring at his wife too long."

"Transported this Duviri, once. Got talkin', told me about the... this... well whatsit... 'Nominative Determinism', what you get named steers how you turn out. Maybe that's why the Corpus name some of us, not our kin? Is that loopy?"

The last part feels familiar. I believe they are said by some Solaris in Fortuna, I think the two standing between Eudico and the back room. So basically idle chatter by no-name rail agents. 
There is an option that none of these are directly tied to Duviri as we know it. Considering that the book was made millenia ago by ingame timeline in the ye-olden days of the Orokin Empire. Could be that these names have been co-opted by enterprising Origin system individuals and there is a place called Duviri in the Origin System named after a family of incredibly wealthy individuals (likely of Corpus origin). I wouldn't be surprised if the only (mostly) intact copies of the "Tales of Duviri" exist on the Zariman. 

The Business as a whole is an interesting individual. It is heavily hinted that he is gathering animals from at least both the Vallis and Eidolon and conserving them somewhere, somewhere big. While it might be tempting to assume that he somehow has access to a lost island of Duviri and is hiding the animals in the void, then the truth is that the Origin system is BIG, very big. So his little hideout could be anywhere, really and not just one either. That line of thinking would make it just as likely that his little "moh" as Tezonai puts it, is in Tau. 

And I find it hillarious that an extradimentional eldrich god-entity is miffed about losing his fingers and can't get them back for some reason. It'd be funny in a weird way if Wally's motivations to messing with us were partly about him wanting all his digits back. Insert Dead Space "MAKE US WHOLE" 

11 hours ago, (PSN)deadpan_night9 said:

Where’d you find the 16th tablet? That’s the only tablet that I haven’t found and so far I’ve found 29 as well so ig there’s 30 in total

P6ZpHxx.jpg

One of the caves, I'll try to relocate it on the bigger map for you later. Look at the minimap if you can recognize the cave layout.

Edit:
2R5gBFe.jpg

11 hours ago, octoshrimp said:

do you by happens chance have the location for the (You wouldn't welch on a deal, would you?) pad? cause its the only one im missing if there are only 30 pads anyway.

It's under the bridge that connects two islands between Mathilas Farm and Moirai Crossing. South entrance of the bridge. Check the minimap in below screenshot.

aTq8k5p.jpg

On 2023-06-22 at 9:49 AM, Loza03 said:

I particularly like the 'I never said I saved you'. Interesting note here. suggests that we, the player, are the ones of interest to You-Know-Who.

Chosen one narratives are always more interesting when you absolutely do not want to be chosen by the person in question.

I just had a rather horrifying realisation.

When Albrecht Entrati went into the void, he was confronted by a being that wore his own face, and after returning, he was forever haunted by the idea that it wasn't him who made it back.

Could it be the case that, rather than time-split counterparts of one another, the Operator was the Drifter's void doppelganger? The fact that they seem to be much more susceptible to possession by the Man in the Wall has some troubling implications.

18 hours ago, Mr_Lavender said:

Either way, I feel a bit more confident in saying that second to last word is "Mara".

Isn't that the behind-the-scenes name for the player's Operator? I seem to recall that when scripts involving the Operator speaking are written, their dialogue is listed as being spoken by "Mara".

9 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Isn't that the behind-the-scenes name for the player's Operator? I seem to recall that when scripts involving the Operator speaking are written, their dialogue is listed as being spoken by "Mara".

Oh that's dope. I remember that vaguely that you mention it. I wonder if there is any connection to the "Mara Detron", a weapon used by smugglers during Orokin times. Probably just pulled it out of a hat. 

I also can't be the only one that instantly went to an another character named Mara from an another game. The helmet stayed on. 

5 hours ago, German said:

Damn. That's crazy. Thank you.

I gotta say this is interesting, especially since the lore isn't dressed up in flowery language that makes it harder to decipher. plus I like a good quiz.

On 2023-06-22 at 6:19 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Okay, now that's a weird one.

Albrecht mentions "radiation wars" in his entries, seems that pre-Orokin human society ultimately nuked itself into near-extinction, and the Orokin first appeared afterwards.

20 hours ago, tel__arin said:

what if the zariman is actually travelling to tau, creating a bridge between systems, and only the passengers that can regulate emotion are getting there alive, like the drifter with the duviri coping plane of existence.

Archimedian Yonta occasionally says "why does it feel like we're moving?", even though the Zariman appears to be stationary, plugged in the divide it created between the Void and our dimension. given that the void has zero regard for the laws of physics, I wouldn't be surprised if the Zariman is still going to Tau, albeit really slowly. normally you'd have to be in cryostasis to survive a space voyage that long, but the Holdfasts are immortal because they are paradoxes: they are already "dead". 

14 minutes ago, Lakais said:

Oh that's dope. I remember that vaguely that you mention it. I wonder if there is any connection to the "Mara Detron", a weapon used by smugglers during Orokin times. Probably just pulled it out of a hat. 

For the record, I may be getting that wrong, because I've seen other sources refer to the character as "Maya", and haven't had the opportunity to confirm it from the primary source (since, y'know, it's behind the scenes stuff. Not exactly meant for public disclosure).

17 minutes ago, Lakais said:

I also can't be the only one that instantly went to an another character named Mara from an another game. The helmet stayed on. 

Oh dear, have I Awoken something in you? ^‿^

11 hours ago, (PSN)deadpan_night9 said:

Adding to the previous, in Thrax Gardens, here's a rough marking on the minimap

2R5gBFe.jpg

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

For the record, I may be getting that wrong, because I've seen other sources refer to the character as "Maya", and haven't had the opportunity to confirm it from the primary source (since, y'know, it's behind the scenes stuff. Not exactly meant for public disclosure).

No you were right. In the operator section on the wiki, there is a link to Reb's tweet where it's the first page to the script for The War Within and there it says characters and there is "Mara (Tenno)" So it is the internal name for the DE's storyline tenno. 
CrSv-UzWEAAOdre?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Oh dear, have I Awoken something in you? ^‿^

Eh, not my flavour. The Bray sisters however....

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Do you remember which island/cave this was on? I've been searching around, but no luck. 

It was underneath one of the little houses/villages. During the anger cycle I was supposed to look for some lost items so I (having never done the mission) went into the cave inside of the aforementioned town.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

It was underneath one of the little houses/villages. During the anger cycle I was supposed to look for some lost items so I (having never done the mission) went into the cave inside of the aforementioned town.

Was it this one?

GC81mWa.jpg

Archived