Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Props to MR30+

Its gotten a lot easier to reach MR30 as more and more new weapons have come out.

The forma weapons is the least of your worries and probably some of the more easier ones. Prime weapons, you will eventually make progress as they rotate through prime resurgence and as you grind to collect forma from public fissures you will also occasionally get that prime part you need.

The harder ones are the time-gated ones such as the dex weapons or event-exclusive stuff. Or stuff like Wolf Sledge or other world drop that is rare or can't get through trading. Those were some of my last ones to get.

13 minutes ago, Mieo_Mio said:

Don't forget the MR trash weapons that are combined with other weapons. Level at Helene and promptly toss afterwards.

I prefer to level weapons in the sanctuary, even without xp bonus, I can often reach the maximum level in two rounds. I don't like to waste a lot of time on this, as there are weapons that require up to 5 forms to become minimally good.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Why Helene? Thought hyrdron was go to. 

Either works, with cross-play any popular leveling method is going to almost always get a four-player squad if doing public MM.

The thought behind Helene is better world drops on Saturn, mainly orokin cells. And both still retain the same small cramped defense title so you do not lose out on that front whereas going to a different planet to try and target a world resource drop you don't get good titles for XP farming and you are not likely to get full squads.

While some might prefer the level/xp benefit of Hydron to others it is negligible and hardly provides a benefit between the two nodes. Grineer also provides the most amount of XP so that is why those two are generally considered the best nodes and not other factions that provide annoyances such as shields.

Another could be the type of playerbase you might encounter, considering Hydron is the go-to leveling method people are going to be adamant on killing to give XP to others since they need the allied XP for the terrible weapon that cannot kill whereas playing a node like Helene you are likely get people that are more in it for the orokin cells and might be more willing to kill rather than let others kill for XP. This tactic is more common in ESO where you can see people drop in droves before entering the portal if you don't see a nuke-frame. Similar thought-process here, just have to not get into the more niche strats that I like to employ such as dark sector farming because the chances of getting full groups are going to be rare since they aren't popularized.

Edited by XHADgaming

7 minutes ago, RafMatador22 said:

I prefer to level weapons in the sanctuary, even without xp bonus, I can often reach the maximum level in two rounds. I don't like to waste a lot of time on this, as there are weapons that require up to 5 forms to become minimally good.

This. Helene and hydron are fine for noob leveling but eso is pretty much the best option. Especially if you pair with a dps frame who can zoink enemies fast enough to get maxed in two rounds. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Either works, with cross-play any popular leveling method is going to almost always get a four-player squad if doing public MM.

The thought behind Helene is better world drops on Saturn, mainly orokin cells. And both still retain the same small cramped defense title so you do not lose out on that front whereas going to a different planet to try and target a world resource drop you don't get good titles for XP farming and you are not likely to get full squads.

While some might prefer the level/xp benefit of Hydron to others it is negligible and hardly provides a benefit between the two nodes. Grineer also provides the most amount of XP so that is why those two are generally considered the best nodes and not other factions that provide annoyances such as shields.

Another could be the type of playerbase you might encounter, considering Hydron is the go-to leveling method people are going to be adamant on killing to give XP to others since they need the allied XP for the terrible weapon that cannot kill whereas playing a node like Helene you are likely get people that are more in it for the orokin cells and might be more willing to kill rather than let others kill for XP. This tactic is more common in ESO where you can see people drop in droves before entering the portal if you don't see a nuke-frame. Similar thought-process here.

I see, the more you know. The things you learn even after playing for 10 years is funny. Guess that is what I get for not taking part in forums until recently. Learned a lot.

Download alecaframe. Turns out I missed a bunch of incredibly easy mr sections. I farmed every frame, and every prime frame, and every prime weapon besides 6 vaulted ones where I'm missing a single part from each. And I still haven't mastered the base version strun LMAO.

I also basically didn't touch any of the arch stuff. There's a lot of Mr in the melees, guns and wings I own but can't be bothered to level.

I hit mr 30 recently and don't really have an interest in going higher cause I was mostly doing it for the 100% steam achievement.

I didn't buy anything mr relevant with plat I will say, all prime stuff/ weapon parts/frames were farmed manually.

And I stuff I don't own yet are mostly in rail jack farms. Like bruh the ambassador BP I'm not ever doing.

5 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Like bruh the ambassador BP I'm not ever doing

Haha no doubt I've run +100x for ambassador and have no main BP to this date.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You don't really need to bother with those forma for mastery weapons too much, most of mine are having maybe 2 to 3 forma and I am still LR3

Many weapons need a single forma to build. Being a forma-strapped player, seems an insurmountable task. Wish the foundry allowed you to schedule builds i.e. make 10 formas over ten days, one per day.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

There are other avenues of gaining mastery

Can you expand on this please? 

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Many weapons need a single forma to build. Being a forma-strapped player, seems an insurmountable task. Wish the foundry allowed you to schedule builds i.e. make 10 formas over ten days, one per day.

I think i misunderstood partially , i thought you meant the kuva/tenwt weapons that need forma to rank to 40 adding 1000 mastery if you use 5 forma.

As to other avenues , intrinsics , mission nodes , companions , modular items also add mastery .

Details can be found here.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

SP nodes grant mastery. I think fully completed its something like 27-28k? I also know railjack intrinsics and and duviri intrinsics grant a fair amount as well.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Oh, been there too. Then a Plague Star repeat happened and I Loki'ed my way into as many built formas as I needed to build all these. Keep an eye on it as it'll be your best option. In the meantime, keep crafting one a day, you can never have too much forma anyhow.

For alternative stuff, as posted above, there are plenty of things adding up to mastery: star chart completion, SP star chart completion, intrinsics (Railjack, Duviri)... And then all kubrow/kavat/whatever species is its own thing, sentinels are worth almost double as sentinel and gun give their own mastery, each k-drive board is its own mastery (and so is the infested k-drive), so is each arch-wing model, plus archmelee and archguns (these can be leveled on Necramech if you're archwing averse). There really is a lot of stuff these days. Check out Baro each time too for Prisma weapons and some other rare ones. It all adds up. I had to push to reach 30, but since then I'm just 9k shy of LR2 without having even tried. There's really a lot of MR around.

Edited by FishMcCool

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I achieved MR28 today and I'm at the point where most/all remaining weapons require a forma or are primed. Looks like these last two levels are going to be tough. Kudos to you players who hit 30+

when I did it you had to forma the weapons and then build all the other bits you tend to ignore - like kdrives and I even had to get the infested board from Deimos. That is a hard race.

Today its a lot easier as there are 3 LR levels to go, so you have many more options. I would think you don;t even need to forma any for the L40 rank. Though, I would recommend putting the archguns on a mech and hitting Thermia fractures to level them up easily.

Also, if it helps there's a mastery tracker someone made and I keep up to date now. It was useful when I was ticking off the trash.

Edited by CephalonCarnage

1 hour ago, khazlol said:

Crafted forma is 11.66p if you buy the bundles.

Cheaper to be patient of course, depends on what level your inner Ferengi is

Depends on how much your time is worth.

For me, 11.6 platinum is far less valuable than my real world time.