Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WarframeMarket and AlecaFrame is Dataminer, Can this ban me? About new Eula.

Famecans

Spoiler

0KC78j3.png

Alecaframe users, you know how much this tool gives you advantages over other players, I am an alecaframe user, this tool manage my inventory and Warframe Market research speculative values under platinum. I would like to know if this can ban me because the Eula change does not guarantee the uselessness of these tools.

it's going to be a gray area, and Digital Extremes is prohibitively unlikely to ever say yes or no on anything, to leave them the easy ability to change their mind on a whim in the future.

my opinion: if the information that something is using is the same information that's available to you as a 'normal' Player anyways, then classifying that as 'Damining' is quite the stretch.

• Warframe.Market doesn't extract anything from the game, so trying to associate that seems more of a stretch than a Cartoon Character.
  • Alecaframe, i don't recall how the data logged, but it's from the Games' Log and/or using OCR, is it not? if it is, this is the same thing as if you were to write down your Account details with a Pencil, honestly.
    like if you were to write down that you do have Prime blah blah and are missing Prime blah blah and so need to get it. or that you have blah blah in your Foundry or not. Et Cetera.
Edited by taiiat
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I dont see how is Warframe market a datamining ?

Alecaframe can connect to Warframe Market and send user-mined data to the warframemarket.com. Alecaframe can send to warframe market the amount of stock and detailed information of any riven mod. There are also points in the warframe market terms that guarantee the accuracy of the data listed on the site:

Listings

• 1.1 Fake orders are not allowed.
  • 1.6 Listing quantity only indicates how many you are willing to buy or sell. You cannot refuse to buy or sell any amount at or lower than your listed quantity.

I don't understand anything about contracts I'm just asking because I'm an active user of these tools and I also have a warframe account that I want to preserve.

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Exxion said:

Datamining, in this context, means inspecting the game files to try to find information that isn't meant to be available. Neither of these tools do this.

I read on a website that the Alecaframe tool sends visual data from the screen and through AI Overflow reading, the app indicates which is the most important item in my stock and collects data to share with warframe market, there is an option in the app settings that sets the capture resolution to the game's screen resolution.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

my opinion: if the information that something is using is the same information that's available to you as a 'normal' Player anyways, then classifying that as 'Damining' is quite the stretch.

• Warframe.Market doesn't extract anything from the game, so trying to associate that seems more of a stretch than a Cartoon Character.
  • Alecaframe, i don't recall how the data logged, but it's from the Games' Log and/or using OCR, is it not? if it is, this is the same thing as if you were to write down your Account details with a Pencil, honestly.
    like if you were to write down that you do have Prime blah blah and are missing Prime blah blah and so need to get it. or that you have blah blah in your Foundry or not. Et Cetera.

Do you know how artificial intelligence is being taught? through collecting human data collectively, it is data mining through massive data sharing.

I would like to know if my account is secure as the DE does not exactly describe whether collecting data through users also qualifies as a datamine.

• Like 1

Just now, Famecans said:

I read on a website that the Alecaframe tool sends visual data from the screen and through AI Overflow reading, the app indicates which is the most important item in my stock and collects data to share with warframe market, there is an option in the app settings that sets the capture resolution to the game's screen resolution.

If it's using OCR, that's definitely not datamining. It's the same as you looking at your screen and typing the information from it in, except faster.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Famecans said:

yeah, basically using basic recognition to let it identify your Resources based on the Image that they show up as in your Inventory, and/or the Text Labels, Et Cetera.
like i said, this is equivalent to if you wrote stuff down with a Pencil, it's literally looking at the games' Interface, this is information you already have available to you.

this is still my opinion, but... this is information presented right to you as a 'normal' Player, so...

10 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I would like to know if my account is secure as the DE does not exactly describe whether collecting data through users also qualifies as a datamine.

like i said, any official stance would be intentionally vague and gray. 

• Like 3

As of more recently, we’re aware of recent conversations around Overwolf and their apps. The above also applies to those apps (and all other third-party software). We would like to make it clear that our involvement with Overwolf is simply that we’ve had conversations to ensure that Warframe’s EULA and ToS are not being breached in any way.

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030014351-Third-Party-Software-and-You

tl;dr

Still use at your own risk, but overwolf does not breach ToS.

It's the only third party app that got it's name mentioned as "not breaching ToS" on DE's support site.

Datamining involves decoding, decrypting or otherwise reverse-engineering the game data/code to get access to assets that are not openly published. Neither Warframe.Market or Alecaframe do this as far as I can tell.

Warframe.Market doesn't actually interact with the Warframe game data at all, either. It's just an organized message board for people looking to set up trades.

Alecaframe appears to only views assets and data that's already available to players (what you have in your inventory, progress, etc) and isn't 'mining' any sort of sensitive or compromising data from the game.

Datamining has also always been an activity that violates the EULA, clause G of the player conduct section is not a new clause in the EULA. Even if the wording may have changed or the document's sections were reorganized, datamining has always been against the rules.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Datamining involves decoding, decrypting or otherwise reverse-engineering the game data/code to get access to assets that are not openly published. Neither Warframe.Market or Alecaframe do this as far as I can tell.

Warframe.Market doesn't actually interact with the Warframe game data at all, either. It's just an organized message board for people looking to set up trades.

Alecaframe appears to only views assets and data that's already available to players (what you have in your inventory, progress, etc) and isn't 'mining' any sort of sensitive or compromising data from the game.

Datamining has also always been an activity that violates the EULA, clause G of the player conduct section is not a new clause in the EULA. Even if the wording may have changed or the document's sections were reorganized, datamining has always been against the rules.

Thank you very much for answering.
Cheers!🥂

• Like 1