Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your favorite "Decree Builds?"

Probably_Asleep

I know everything is random, but I bet people have done enough missions now to come up with some favorite combos between Warframes, Weapons, and Decrees. I'm curious what synergies you've grown fond of. I'll start:

• Mag Prime
    • Close Contagion (Foes inflicted with Status Effects have a 50% chance to spread that Status to enemies within 10m.)
    • Twofold Torment (Status Effects deal double damage.)
    • Reason: Her 2+3 combo instantly blends almost all mobs. There's not even a need for weapons against most enemies.
  • Tigris Prime
    • Duelist's Advantage (Your first shot after reloading deals +200/300/400% damage.)
    • Churlish Chatter (Sacrifice weapon accuracy for +150% Multishot.)
    • Reason: (My inventory guarantees Mag Prime above, so I can always armor strip. Quick high raw damage is very efficient)

There's more but I'll stop there for now. It's been a pretty interesting way of playing and has given me a new perspective on some of my arsenal.

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep
typo

(I should note that I've got 5 Tauforged Archon shards on my Mag Prime, so there's +15% duration, +30% strength, +225 armor, and +7.5 hp/s. Those aren't available options so they won't show up in the Overframe link)

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep
ANOTHER typo

Step 1: Pick Mesa

Step 2: get decree that makes the enemy 10% more vulnerable to dmg from every shot

Step 3: get decree that increases fire rate by 10-30% on every shot

Step 4: take +50%parkour velocity after kills decree

Step 5: take some random fluff extra elemental dmg, crit dmg, double status dmg, etc. decrees

Step 6: bullet jump around the map nuking everything from the sky till you hit lvl 9999.

• Like 4

Close Contagion (spreading status effects) + Nourishing Terror (gain health from applying status effects) with some added damage plus status effect decrees turns every weapon in to an AoE weapon that heals you.

21 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Step 1: Pick Mesa

Step 2: get decree that makes the enemy 10% more vulnerable to dmg from every shot

Step 3: get decree that increases fire rate by 10-30% on every shot

Step 4: take +50%parkour velocity after kills decree

Step 5: take some random fluff extra elemental dmg, crit dmg, double status dmg, etc. decrees

Step 6: bullet jump around the map nuking everything from the sky till you hit lvl 9999.

Nice! Do you have a name for this recipe? If not, I'd suggest "Mesa Vermilion."

I hadn't thought of using the parkour velocity boost as a way of using more air time and getting a better view of the field.

20 hours ago, SirKnum said:

Close Contagion (spreading status effects) + Nourishing Terror (gain health from applying status effects) with some added damage plus status effect decrees turns every weapon in to an AoE weapon that heals you.

Good point! I've found a prefer the health gain from status other the health gain from kills because there are so many decrees that help to add status.

Citrine.

Statut spread , double statut damage , damage bonus on iced ennemy and there it is.

But I love protea with same : statut spread , double statut damage , crit add ice damage , damage boost on iced ennemy.

And beam weapon ( especially nukor and synapse)  with the corrosive damage bonus with shot , 10% damage by hit and the fireball every 5 shot.

12 hours ago, Matt256 said:

Roll Mesa or Saryn.

Profit.

I'm very impressed by the players managing to do solo runs with attack frames. The Defense Targets are so fragile; your kill speed must be so fast! (Assuming you're doing it solo, obviously damage dealers are also very valuable in squads)

11 hours ago, (NSW)fonglis said:

Citrine.

Statut spread , double statut damage , damage bonus on iced ennemy and there it is.

But I love protea with same : statut spread , double statut damage , crit add ice damage , damage boost on iced ennemy.

And beam weapon ( especially nukor and synapse)  with the corrosive damage bonus with shot , 10% damage by hit and the fireball every 5 shot.

I hadn't thought to build the  Kuva Nukor based on the decrees. That could be very interesting! The recent decree with +Armor for every Corrosive stack might be an interesting combo as well...

I quite like the combination of the Decree which has a chance for AOE Toxin on headshots, the Status Spread chance Decree and a few of my favourite, traditionally single target weapons, or accuracy focused weapons. Weapons like Kuva Chakkhurr, Sybaris, Exergis. Even using the Drifter and Sirocco. Can feel great nuking enemy groups as Drifter by landing a good headshot on a dense enemy group and watching them explode. Granted in Steel Path you need a few stacked Decrees for the Damage buff. 

Baruuk with a lot of the melee and power Decrees is obviously quite stupidly powerful and broken. Ditto the Stropha and other gunblades, and certain Melee Decrees because I think many of them were created with most melee in mind, but Gunblades being the way they are... Lavos is also quite crazy fun with a bunch of Status Decrees. Oh and the one which heals on Status infliction? Even harder to die now. Same with Citrine. 

There are a few even more specific combinations and synergies I am fond of, but am a bit sleepy so can't think of them exactly. A few weapons with the Fire Rate increase Decree can get pretty spectacular. The ability to roll and reload as well? I wish there was a Warframe with that ability. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Can feel great nuking enemy groups as Drifter by landing a good headshot on a dense enemy group and watching them explode.

I was so thrilled when I first made this happen. I didn't even realize how powerful it was, I just picked it because no other Decrees looked good on that roll, and then I encountered some enemies and let her rip.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

The ability to roll and reload as well? I wish there was a Warframe with that ability.

I didn't think I'd like this one much because I don't do much rolling. (I'm more of a bullet jumper myself, as was my father, and his father) But there have been some weapons that have really made me start loving it. I also just realized that I have Primed Chamber and haven't really been using it in anything, but a quick reload would really help that mod shine.

• Like 1

Nothing fancy. Just the Tenora Prime with increased fire rate per shot. Brrrrrrrrrr go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Then vulnerability per shot, extra hit on shots, toxin on headshot, increased damage on headshot, double crit, all add to the fun, but really, it's all about this fire rate cranked up to 11. You gently caress that shoot button and whatever was in front (and behind it, because punch through) just ate 80-150 bullets. It's not ammo efficient, but it's beautiful. 🥲

Le 18/07/2023 à 00:18, (NSW)Probably_Asleep a dit :

I hadn't thought to build the  Kuva Nukor based on the decrees. That could be very interesting! The recent decree with +Armor for every Corrosive stack might be an interesting combo as well...

Nukor (and all beam weapon btw) can be really savage with decree. The only problem is ammo. With the ammo droprate on the circuit it's easy to run out of ammo.

On 2023-07-18 at 5:46 AM, FishMcCool said:

Nothing fancy. Just the Tenora Prime with increased fire rate per shot. Brrrrrrrrrr go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Then vulnerability per shot, extra hit on shots, toxin on headshot, increased damage on headshot, double crit, all add to the fun, but really, it's all about this fire rate cranked up to 11. You gently caress that shoot button and whatever was in front (and behind it, because punch through) just ate 80-150 bullets. It's not ammo efficient, but it's beautiful. 🥲

I love the "Down-home country cookin'" feel of starting out your post with "Nothing fancy," contrasted next to talking about toxic guns and headshots.

2 hours ago, (NSW)fonglis said:

Nukor (and all beam weapon btw) can be really savage with decree. The only problem is ammo. With the ammo droprate on the circuit it's easy to run out of ammo.

I'm too old to say this but: Facts

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say I quite like the new jump and damage Decrees in combination with a few Glaives. Feels like I unlocked a new playstyle, where you are rewarded for style. Like doing cool bullet jumping and air gliding into thrown heavy melee explosions do a lot of great damage, and makes me feel like some sort of aerial assassin. Well I mean, without having to play Zephyr. 

• Like 1

After this long I still just focus on a few.

Status spread, 2x Status damage, 2x critical damage and then I just pick up whatever elemental damage to range weapon decrees that roll. It gives you enough AoE no matter the pull in the cave, unless you have the worst of the worstestest of luck. If a low magazine weapon pulls I tend to also get reload on roll. Ontop of that I tend to combine it with a frame config that has Breach Surge subsumed.

- pretty much anything with Close Contagion and Twofold Torment, can't really go wrong with those two decrees, so I always pick them if they appear, with Garuda or Gyre it becomes disgustingly easy lol.

- "Brimon's Nuke", using Stalker. the decree Brimon's Nerve boosts power strength after a finisher by a huge amount, so I use teleport with him then cast his 4 at the next group of enemies I see. it's fun and incredibly effective, people say Stalker's kit is underwhelming, I'd argue this technique makes him great. can also be done with a Thermal Sunder Ash if you'd prefer/don't roll Stalker.

- heavy gunner builds: a decently tanky frame, Gorgon Wraith or other high-capacity assault rifle/LMG as your primary, take Persistent Attrition and Irresistible Bombardement if they appear, Vicous Barb too if it's a crit weapon like Soma Prime, Ranger's Reload also helps too; the end goal is a build where you just never. stop. firing. sure, it's still not gonna outpace Mesa or AoE spam for raw killing, but if you don't have those it's the next best thing. plus you get to see a LOT of numbers. kinda wish we had a decree that greatly boosted mag capacity for all wepaons, that'd be the real icing on the cake for a gunner build.

Garuda + all the non-element-specific status decrees + Seeking Talons.

Weapons do not matter. Jump and use Seeking Talons mid-air, using it mid-air causes you to "jump" up a bit vertically. If you hold aim-glide while using Seeking Talons you won't drop so continually using Seeking Talons while aim-gliding allows you to essentially fly for as long as you have energy to spend on Seeking Talons. The higher altitude gives you a wide view to rain bleed status effects onto crowds of enemies and if you have the Close Contagion decree all those bleed effects create a feedback loop of bleed continually getting applied multiple times to other nearby enemies.

You basically become a living storm of bleed procs.