Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This week's Recall event - Jackal fight query

Hexerin

Question

So just did the Jackal fight, and... I'm confused/concerned. One of three things happened here:

• The fight is bugged and things aren't happening like they should.
  • Someone in the squad has an ability I've never seen before.
  • Someone in the squad is cheating in a way that extends to other clients.

To describe what was happening is simple: During the laser walls, each time one of them would touch me I would go invulnerable for a short time. As you can expect, this made the fight literally just waiting while one of the squad members hit the boss with their parazon four times.

Anyone have any ideas?

16 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

Trin spamming blessing?

not a terrible strategy if that's what's happening...

Blessing provides invulnerability windows ? Damn I didn't play her since ages

Edit: Or you meant through Shield-Gating ?

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It was consistent with every laser wall connection, so like 4-5 times per phase across all four phases.

Like even when the laser walls changed direction ? Or only once every phase ?

It could be a very-low-duration Harrow spamming Covenant but that's an oddly specific strategy for Jackal.

It could also be any shield-refreshing Warframe that made you benefit from shield gating

Edited by Chewarette

34 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Blessing provides invulnerability windows ? Damn I didn't play her since ages

Edit: Or you meant through Shield-Gating ?

Like even when the laser walls changed direction ? Or only once every phase ?

It could be a very-low-duration Harrow spamming Covenant but that's an oddly specific strategy for Jackal.

It could also be any shield-refreshing Warframe that made you benefit from shield gating

Yeah through shield gating, she restores shields so it should reset your shield gate which (if you're taking enough damage) should disappear almost instantly. Would look like your health just goes grey for a second and then recasts and shields are back. I think you get just over a second if your shields are maxed.

That's about all I can really think of unless someone was running around as an operator using Vazarin Protective sling (although that's like a 5 second invulnerable and would be more obvious).

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

So just did the Jackal fight, and... I'm confused/concerned. One of three things happened here:

• The fight is bugged and things aren't happening like they should.
  • Someone in the squad has an ability I've never seen before.
  • Someone in the squad is cheating in a way that extends to other clients.

To describe what was happening is simple: During the laser walls, each time one of them would touch me I would go invulnerable for a short time. As you can expect, this made the fight literally just waiting while one of the squad members hit the boss with their parazon four times.

Anyone have any ideas?

Vazarin’s Protective Dash would do that. 

I also did that fight and for some reason, Jackal would stay in the first room theough the whole fight. After we killed it, we jumped to the next room and rushed to extraction.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

During the laser walls, each time one of them would touch me I would go invulnerable for a short time.

That was almost guaranteed to be Revenant's Mesmer Skin augment that applies 5 stacks of that to every ally within range.

What mesmer skin does is when you take damage it blocks the damage and reflects it back at the attacker while stunning them.  Then you're invulnerable for 1 second afterward.

A Revenant casting that ability with the augment would re-create the situation you're experiencing (taking no damage and going invulnerable whenever a laser wall would touch you), and would keep everyone else in the party alive without having to deal with the mechanics.

There are other ways to completely trivialize the fight to the point that you don't need to worry about it, even for allies as well, but the Mesmer skin is definitely one of the easier ones.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

Trin spamming blessing?

not a terrible strategy if that's what's happening...

Trinity's Blessing doesn't give invuln, sadly. Just (up to) 75% DR... DE really should update this to go up to 90% like most other DRs in modern Warframe.

2 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Revenant's Mesmer Shield Augment

I think this is probably it. I've never seen Mesmer Skin in action, and based on the skill description that sounds like what was happening.

Just to clarify though: When a stack gets proc'd and you get the 1 second invuln, does it also prevent any remaining stacks from proc'ing during the invuln period? Or are they all eaten if you're like under heavy fire etc.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Just to clarify though: When a stack gets proc'd and you get the 1 second invuln, does it also prevent any remaining stacks from proc'ing during the invuln period? Or are they all eaten if you're like under heavy fire etc.

Exactly. It used to proc on any instance of damage without invulnerability window so electric traps or a heavy gunner was eating entire cast in a second. It got changed a while ago. 

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Trinity's Blessing doesn't give invuln, sadly. Just (up to) 75% DR... DE really should update this to go up to 90% like most other DRs in modern Warframe.

I think this is probably it. I've never seen Mesmer Skin in action, and based on the skill description that sounds like what was happening.

I know, but it does recharge your shields so you'll get the 1.3 seconds of invulnerability with shield gating, as shield gating resets once your shields hit max.

5 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

I know, but it does recharge your shields so you'll get the 1.3 seconds of invulnerability with shield gating, as shield gating resets once your shields hit max.

True, but shield gate doesn't show as invuln on the health/shield bar. I probably should've clarified.