Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Offer Riven Transmuters outside of 1 location drop

Salenstormwing

Currently, Riven Transmuters are only found on the Hydrolyst if you capture it. If you don't farm the Tridylons, you can't get them at all. There should be a way to get them outside of this one single location.

Suggested locations:

Sold By Teshin in the Steel Path Shop

Sold by Whats-her-name in Iron Wake

A reward from Nightwave

A purchase from the Nightwave shop

The Quills shop in Cetus

Someplace else that isn't here but seriously there should be more than a single location for something this useful.

Thanks for hearing me out.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I have seen that somewhere already. To paraphrase it: Lets make Eidolon Hunting a dead content.

I'm not asking it for Eidolon hunters to not hunt them. I'm asking for the rare drop to be available elsewhere once in a Blue Lua. 1 single Riven transmuter as a Nightwave tier reward would not kill off Eidolon hunting, just like Teshin selling an Umbra Forma once every 8 weeks isn't diminished by them being Nightware tier rewards as well.

It can be in more than one place and still keep Eidolon hunting alive. And if you think everyone's farming Eidolons merely for a chance at a transmuter... I got news for you that is not true.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

And if you think everyone's farming Eidolons merely for a chance at a transmuter... I got news for you that is not true.

Yup. Obviously people do it for the fun. Not for two items that mainly drop there. They will still do it once those items are obtainable for currency. Diluting prize pool obviously has no effect on the fun factor.

Edited by Zakkhar

5 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

then it won't be rare. so no, thanks

A single Riven Transmuter as a reward for a Nightwave tier would suddenly make Riven Transmuters NOT Rare? Let me guess, you didn't like when DE made it possible for folks to get a Legendary Core from Sortie rewards as well... Did that make the Legendary Core less rare than it already is? Technically, in the most technical sense, but not that much less rare.

I just don't see why a single item that's only available from one location to occasionally show up to be earned elsewhere once in a while is a big deal. Hell, you can't even trade them. The only person that can use one is the person that gets it. So it's not like it's gunna ruin some imaginary rare market farm or something if DE gave  out a Riven Transmuter for Tennobaum.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

then it won't be rare. so no, thanks

It's not even a rare drop, two is guaranteed per Hydrolyst Capture. I have 105 transmuters which is more than I'll ever need, and I haven't done tridolons in years. It would not hurt to make riven transmuters available from other sources, and I could tell you that nobody is playing tridolons to farm them; just a consequence for farming for the actual rare rewards like arcane energize or grace.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Tell me you did not cap many Hydrolysts without telling me.

I did plenty, back when it was new. Not everyone here wants to capture the Hydrolyst for the convenience of a plug-in that no other mod needs when transmuting.

It isn't like the Arcanes that can be traded for Plat to others. It's not like you can get them any other place in the game at this point. What's the point of not making a Nightwave Tier Reward? What's the point of not making it something in Teshin's Steel Path shop?

What's YOUR point?

Maybe I haven't capped a lot of hydrolysts compared to my total time in Warframe. I've only got 5,350 hours in game and an MR3* rating. In 16 days, I'll have been playing this game for 11 years.

I'm not asking for some huge change in rewards. I'm not asking for the Hydrolysts loot pool to be changed. I'm just asking is "Can we see this 1 item outside of this one piece of content, once in a while." Earning them outside the Hydrolyst isn't going to do a thing to the Tridylon farming community. I don't get it and I don't your weird refusal that THIS is the very weird hill you want to respawn upon...

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Salenstormwing said:

I did plenty, back when it was new. Not everyone here wants to capture the Hydrolyst for the convenience of a plug-in that no other mod needs when transmuting.

It isn't like the Arcanes that can be traded for Plat to others. It's not like you can get them any other place in the game at this point. What's the point of not making a Nightwave Tier Reward? What's the point of not making it something in Teshin's Steel Path shop?

What's YOUR point?

Maybe I haven't capped a lot of hydrolysts compared to my total time in Warframe. I've only got 5,350 hours in game and an MR3* rating. In 16 days, I'll have been playing this game for 11 years.

I'm not asking for some huge change in rewards. I'm not asking for the Hydrolysts loot pool to be changed. I'm just asking is "Can we see this 1 item outside of this one piece of content, once in a while." Earning them outside the Hydrolyst isn't going to do a thing to the Tridylon farming community. I don't get it and I don't your weird refusal that THIS is the very weird hill you want to respawn upon...

Perhaps a way to appease these people that are so protective of dated, bad content is to make the riven transmuters tradeable between players.  Though really, I don't know why you would want to appease these people.  Tridolons won't be irrelevant so long as they remain the best source of Arcane Energize and the other old and legitimately good arcanes.  DE keeps adding arcanes, but few even come close to competing with the classics.  And it's not like DE is precious about tridolons these days.  They shattered the meta and then shattered it again with Necramechs, removal of self damage, and the operator rework.  There's nothing particularly challenging about tridolons except logging in at the right time.

Put riven transmuters in other sources.  It's about time.

Dont Be Late Lets Go GIF by The Democrats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Cotton Tail said:

I, too, would like to see another avenue of obtaining transmuters. As they are untradeable I don't understand the argument that they should be kept rare. 

Stick them in Cephalon Simaris' offerings alongside the transmute cores.

Exactly. If you can't trade them, the ONLY reason someone would want to KEEP the status quo as is would be to drive people to do Tridilons Hunts and that's it. There's no other reason. That doesn't effect the current hunters who farm them for Arcanes to sell for plat.

7 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

DE could make it tradable to others then. and people who spent a lot of time for eidolons could make a profit from it

I'd be okay with this as well. Again, it's ANOTHER way to get them. And it promotes community involvement. And DE likes that. I personally don't care how DE WOULD change the Riven Transmuter to be available to others, I'm more interested in the getting to the point where DE would understand that ANY change is better than the status quo. Driving people to do a single content just to get a quality-of-life item makes no sense and would just build resentment.

Anyways, thanks to everyone else who is here supporting this topic. Hopefully DE will read this soon, although I doubt most of them will see it soon because of the focus on Tennocon. Totally understandable they'd be a bit distracted.

• Like 1