Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lohk, Xata, et.

iamthecircle

Who are they? Are they people, or void concepts? Do we have any lore reasons to think they're anything other than just... Words made manifest though void power?

I ask because they do seem to represent creatures. Xaku's abilities are called "Grasp of Lohk" or "Xata's whisper". These are personifications, but are they just the consequence of crazy void stuff, or do we have any reason to think they are real?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

If I say "Wall of fire", do you think I'm referring to a creature/person called "fire"?

Same principle

THats not really the same.
"Portcullis' chains" or "Men's mutlivitamin" would be a better example. "Wall's fire" does make it sound like its a fire made some dude named "wall"; WHich is the OPs confusion. 

To answer the OPs question though... I dont think we know the source of the requiem words? 

They are just components of a willingly cryptic eldritch language but the warframe & void version.

They both describe simple words and more complex ideas.

"Grasp of Lohk" for example can translate simply by "Graps of the void" although Lohk means more than just the void in the eldritch language.

You can find a lot of the info we have on them compiled on this page of the wiki if you want more insights Requiem Mods | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

1 hour ago, iamthecircle said:

Who are they? Are they people, or void concepts? Do we have any lore reasons to think they're anything other than just... Words made manifest though void power?

I ask because they do seem to represent creatures. Xaku's abilities are called "Grasp of Lohk" or "Xata's whisper". These are personifications, but are they just the consequence of crazy void stuff, or do we have any reason to think they are real?

Lots of theories being dressed up as facts in here to be honest. The actual answer is we don't know yet.

There was a Theory that is now defunct that they were Albrecht Entratis interpretation of something from either The Wall of Bone or the Void. The same way you had Caryll interpret The Great Ones language in Bloodborne and made Glyphs of them.

Except that now makes no sense considering the Wall of Bone literally speaks the requiem words at the end of New War. That's not an interpretation, its someone literally hearing the words and writing them down. This however leaves a massive hole in the story as to where the descriptions came from (EG: Khra - To cosmic forms from tangent planes. We end as we began). All of this is still basically "tune in to find out" territory.

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678
  • Like 1

At least according to Albrecht's interpretations of the words, they don't represent specific creatures, but rather concepts:

• Xata. (Truth).
  • Jahu. (Form).
  • Vome. (Order)
  • Fass. (Chaos).
  • Ris. (Light).
  • Khra. (Time).
  • Netra. (Decay).
  • Lohk. (Void).

And since he's the one who "discovered" the words, we can presume he had some reason as to why he described them as being the way he did.  But we don't know anything beyond that.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the English translation of these words are here.

tWGehBR.png

hace 3 minutos, (PSN)Unstar dijo:

At least according to Albrecht's interpretations of the words, they don't represent specific creatures, but rather concepts:

• Xata. (Truth).
  • Jahu. (Form).
  • Vome. (Order)
  • Fass. (Chaos).
  • Ris. (Light).
  • Khra. (Time).
  • Netra. (Decay).
  • Lohk. (Void).

Just this.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG

2 часа назад, -Krism- сказал:

If I say "Wall of fire", do you think I'm referring to a creature/person called "fire"?

Same principle

Er... Yeah, no. If you say Wall of Fire, I think its a wall of fire. If you say Wall of Benjamin, I assume its a wall by some guy named Benjamin. A strong counter-example might be "Grasp of fire", I guess? But even then, we're dealing with the void, which is not something that can be compared to physical reality. So... Yeah. 

On topic, the void is essentially a place where mental ideas become reality, no? I think its very possible to say that the concepts of time, truth, and the very void itself manifested and became real through the collective belief of living creatures. Its mostly Xata's whisper that makes me think they might be void-born creatures. That, and there are lots in the definitions of the words themselves that imply the same thing. I was just wondering if I was reading too much into it and there was something solid to disprove my crazy theory or if we still didn't know enough.

Thanks for the help!

It's kind of perplexing that modern society can't fathom that a single word can have different meaning. Most African, Asian and old European culture had one word that can mean anything. Hence why caligraphy exist (it's not just drawing of word but a stroke or pressure can mean anything). 

For years the word Darkness can be intrepeted as something evil, emptyness or just literally a condition without light.

Edited by BroDutt

3 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I think the correct comparable is "BATHED in LIGHT", you literally not having a bath or using light to clean yourself.

Edited by BroDutt

3 hours ago, Rathalio said:

They are just components of a willingly cryptic eldritch language but the warframe & void version.

They both describe simple words and more complex ideas.

"Grasp of Lohk" for example can translate simply by "Graps of the void" although Lohk means more than just the void in the eldritch language.

You can find a lot of the info we have on them compiled on this page of the wiki if you want more insights Requiem Mods | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

It could be that Man in the wall is a prisoner and hes just mentioning what he broke through or breaking through to talk face to face with someone

3 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

• Xata. (Truth).
  • Jahu. (Form).
  • Vome. (Order)
  • Fass. (Chaos).
  • Ris. (Light).
  • Khra. (Time).
  • Netra. (Decay).
  • Lohk. (Void).

And since he's the one who "discovered" the words, we can presume he had some reason as to why he described them as being the way he did.  But we don't know anything beyond that.

Wait, how did you (or whoever you got this from) find this out?

They are categorised as concepts , but there is no reason to think they cannot mean more than that.

People /other things  can be named after concepts and depending on context their meaning can change too.

But DE being DE , they will likely just throw out any past references and just do whatever they feel like in the moment and say they are fruits or something.

• Like 1

they're just the names of different concepts, the words themselves are not that deep: could even be that these words are Wally's own language that was whispered to Albrecht Entrati when he discovered Wally in the Void. 

ultimately, all we can do is speculate until the next major quest, which hopefully will actually answer some questions (but will more than likely end up creating new ones as well.)

14 часов назад, BroDutt сказал:

I think the correct comparable is "BATHED in LIGHT", you literally not having a bath or using light to clean yourself.

Nah, I still can't agree with this, either. I can say someone is bathed in light and it still has the sense of to bathe. Bathing isn't limited to liquids, this is a case of a single word meaning many things... as per your previous comment. I think grasp of fire is an alright way to explain it, the issue I have here is its impossible to make an example like this to counter my idea, because I'm saying they're literally formed of thoughts like the skittergirl. If you say "Grasp of Fire", I'm not going to think Fire is a person, but if you tell me this fire is a thing that comes from a place where mental creations become real, them maybe I'd be inclined to think this fire is some metaphysical representation of fire. Think the Magus Archives, where concepts like The Vast and The Strange are entities with intent and desire.