Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

I’m not saying it too cheap but do you expect them to make money from 1 dollar a skin 😂

Yes, cause it's dirt cheap to make and at $1 price pretty much everyone would buy it. Not to mention that if it sold for plat equivalent of $1 it would bring even more money.

Edited by Darkbring

2 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

Yes, cause it's dirt cheap to make and at $1 price pretty much everyone would buy it. Not to mention that if it sold for plat equivalent of $1 it would bring even more money.

Think about it if a de employee makes 120000 a year(some person said it somewhere) that means that de would only be able to pay 6 people out of like the 200 with one skin bundle (720000 active players)

1 minute ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Think about it if a de employee makes 120000 a year(some person said it somewhere) that means that de would only be able to pay 6 people out of like the 200 with one skin bundle (720000 active players)

You're thinking about it the wrong way. They're paid that much in a year because the game earns that much. They wouldn't raise salaries if they can't maintain balance.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Rychlas said:

Nobody in their right mind, or at least anyone who values their own work and money, buys platinum without a discount, as it is very overpriced. With 75% discount it's a barely acceptable price. So this argument is completely invalid.  50$ gets you 4300 plats. I already did the rest of the math in my previous post.

The basic moral of this story is to stop feeding corporate greed. It's because of people that buy this stuff simply because they have an overabundance of resources and don't know the value of money is why we can't have decent corporations that respect their customers anymore, with a few exceptions. 

People buying into this garbage and then performing some weird mental gymnastics to justify it make the whole gaming industry worse for everyone.

"why we can't have decent corporations that respect their customers"

Plays Warframe completely and utterly free over the last 10yrs -> somehow tries to make this statement apply where it cannot.

Talking nonsense. Absolute absurd nonsense. 10yrs of being better than any MMO out there, 1 thing comes along that you get pulled into the mob mentality about and are against, and the last 10 years means nothing?

Anyone here added up how much money they saved over the last 10 years because Warframe had no Lockboxes or Battlepasses? Didn't charge for DLC updates or had no monthly subscription or PS+ Requirements? Any of the other 50 cash grab services that literally every other MMO has incorporated? No? Not yet?

One word has come to many's mind over the last 3 days and its why these tantrums after a reasonable change was made will result in nothing: Ingrates.

5 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

I’m not saying it too cheap but do you expect them to make money from 1 dollar a skin 😂

I dunno man, how do they make money off of tennogen (5,99 - 6,99) or deluxe skins that run usually in the range of 165 plat or 8,99? You see that people saying these skins should cost 30-40 is 3-5 times what these cosmetics go for normally.

2 hours ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Be honest with me, what would have happened if they didn’t even release this pack? No one would ever scream at them for not releasing a 10 year skin line. You don’t have to buy this skin bundle. You can easily get skins like these from Tennogen for a lot cheaper. But similar to Excalibur Prime and the Founders pack, it is priced high and exclusive because it is meant as supporter money for their future updates. It is not suppose to be some regular skin bundle that you spend a little money on. It is a 10 year founder pack. 

Of course no one would complain about the pack if it didn't exist, because... it would literally not exist. Lol?

My problem is not about whether or not I want this bundle/the skins. If you've missed the main fking argument, which is now spread across 44 (FOURTY-FOUR) pages, I will tell you what it is now:

The huge problem with this bundle is that it does not offer the skins as a separate pack, and instead bundles them together with platinum & regal aya, two things many players have no interest in since they want the skins, which massively inflates the price.

This reeks of predatory monetization commonly seen in other live-service/f2p games, because now the players who really want both skins and the auxiliary pieces HAVE TO buy the whole bundle JUST to get them. It appears after 10 years, they are ok with flushing player goodwill down the drain.

This is a silly move on DE's part, since it really goes against one of the things Warframe is known for: its (mostly) fair monetization. And even sillier is pulling this S#&$ on their 10th anniversary.

You really don't need to worry about DE's wallet either, that is weirdo behavior. In the first place, they're doing just fine. They can afford to host TennoCon, they can afford to donate large sums of money, they can afford to pay artists to make their delightful skins, and they can afford to keep the lights on for 10 years. And so on.

Ok? Simple to understand?

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, bedainey said:

Except if they *really* cared about how their heirloom skinline would go, they would fix it now.

Let’s leave it like this k. Skins are overpriced as hell. DE MUST find a solution whether it is now or later. At the current pace of these post comments I would not be surprised if de makes another statement  addressing the issue.😂 maybe they will have another fix to the issue maybe they won’t.

2 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Of course no one would complain about the pack if it didn't exist, because... it would literally not exist. Lol?

My problem is not about whether or not I want this bundle/the skins you cretin. If you've missed the main fking argument, which is now spread across 44 (FOURTY-FOUR) pages, I will tell you what it is now:

The huge problem with this bundle is that it does not offer the skins as a separate pack, and instead bundles them together with platinum & aya, two things many players have no interest in since they want the skins, which massively inflates the price.

This reeks of predatory monetization commonly seen in other live-service/f2p games, because now the players who really want both skins and the auxiliary pieces HAVE TO buy the whole bundle JUST to get them.

This is a silly move on DE's part, since it really goes against one of the things Warframe is known for: its (mostly) fair monetization. And even sillier is pulling this S#&$ on their 10th anniversary.

You really don't need to worry about DE's wallet, that is weirdo behavior. In the first place, they're doing just fine. They can afford to host TennoCon, they can afford to donate large sums of money, they can afford to pay artists to make their delightful skins, and they can afford to keep the lights on for 10 years. And so on.

Ok? Simple to understand? Still want to be a silly little contrarian?

100% agree it’s a stupid move by de. I’m just hoping that they find a solution to this issue you know while still keeping fair monitization. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Let’s leave it like this k. Skins are overpriced as hell. DE MUST find a solution whether it is now or later. At the current pace of these post comments I would not be surprised if de makes another statement  addressing the issue.😂 maybe they will have another fix to the issue maybe they won’t.

They won't, they are stuck up about it, so it will seem.

Don't get me wrong, Skins look good but I am NOT spending that much, hell even if it was given free (or gifted) by someone, I'll still be thankful of course but feel bad at the same time.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ageless_Emperion said:

I dunno man, how do they make money off of tennogen (5,99 - 6,99) or deluxe skins that run usually in the range of 165 plat or 8,99? You see that people saying these skins should cost 30-40 is 3-5 times what these cosmetics go for normally.

U r completely right. I’m saying these skins should be priced a lil higher because there is a lot more significance behind them since they are you know “10 years”. Also I believe tennogen skin profits r shared with steam and maybe… the creators? Correct if wrong tho 

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

hell I'll only accept it if was given free (or gifted)

W take😂

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Nah, that's different

No, tell me if a cosmetic or non game changing object was sold in an unethical method, would it be fine or not?

If the answer is "Even if it's just cosmetics, it would still be bad" 

Then bad that applies to this.

It doesn't matter if the item being sold is just cosmetics, if the method in which they are selling them are manipulative or predatory.

It's that, full stop.

You're either okay with cosmetics being sold in predatory fashion or not.

• Like 6

From this what I take its:

- Skins are still an issue and need more addressing from DE.

- The players that already purchased zenith pack does not care about platinum so the increases in plat + new measures that DE take should not include them as they are happy giving their support as it was at the moment they purchased it.

Edited by prodi1600
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CrypticMonarch said:

U r completely right. I’m saying these skins should be priced a lil higher because there is a lot more significance behind them since they are you know “10 years”. Also I believe tennogen skin profits r shared with steam and maybe… the creators? Correct if wrong tho 

That's correct, although I do not know the revenue split off the top of my head, see it makes sense that people want these things at a more reasonable price. Glad we managed to get there is the end 👍

• Like 2

Just now, Ageless_Emperion said:

That's correct, although I do not know the revenue split off the top of my head, see it makes sense that people want these things at a more reasonable price. Glad we managed to get there is the end 👍

100% always nice to resolve an issue lmao

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

No, tell me if a cosmetic or non game changing object was sold in an unethical method, would it be fine or not?

It's really not really unethical though. You're buying a pack that has platinum and cosmetics at a discounted rate and you know what you're getting. The kubrow slot machine was random that you could pour infinite platinum into. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

"why we can't have decent corporations that respect their customers"

Plays Warframe completely and utterly free over the last 10yrs -> somehow tries to make this statement apply where it cannot.

Talking nonsense. Absolute absurd nonsense. 10yrs of being better than any MMO out there, 1 thing comes along that you get pulled into the mob mentality about and are against, and the last 10 years means nothing?

Anyone here added up how much money they saved over the last 10 years because Warframe had no Lockboxes or Battlepasses? Didn't charge for DLC updates or had no monthly subscription or PS+ Requirements? Any of the other 50 cash grab services that literally every other MMO has incorporated? No? Not yet?

One word has come to many's mind over the last 3 days and its why these tantrums after a reasonable change was made will result in nothing: Ingrates.

I haven't lost faith in them. My aim, and the aim of others, is to let them know that certain practices aren't okay and shouldn't become the norm. It is better to react now rather than later when it is far too late.

• Like 4

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

It's really not really unethical though. You're buying a pack that has platinum and cosmetics at a discounted rate and you know what you're getting. The kubrow slot machine was random that you could pour infinite platinum into. 

You buying an pack that's price is artificial inflated with the presence of Regal Aya and Plat, with no option to buy them singularly or without the other.

Henceforth, you are making them buy things that players do not want or need just to get something else that they would want or need.

Forced Bundles or Marriage Packs or whatever they're called, is making you pay more for things you do not want or need.

Once more, either cosmetics being sold predatory fashion is okay or not.

Just now, (XBOX)Shodian said:

The kubrow slot machine was random that you could pour infinite platinum into. 

"So, if you don't want to spend infite plat, just don't spend it then."

Also even if that were to end up costing infinite plat, by your own words they would jot matter

Because its just cosmetics or nothing game changing.

Is that ok to you or not?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

FOMO is one of the most unethical tactics.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

"Unethical" is a bit of a soup, one could argue, assuming percentages were made available explicitly that one could know the exact chances of what they're getting. To some extent, any purchase is somewhat inexact as we don't know the game's lifespan, but even DE likely doesn't know that exactly.

What we can say with a bit more confidence though, is that most people consider the practice of selling of "limited time" things to take advantage of the fear of missing them (FOMO), feels consumer unfriendly, people have different bones to pick here, but at the very least, this is mine.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

You buying an pack that's price is artificial inflated with the presence of Regal Aya and Plat, with no option to buy them singularly or without the other.

Well I look at it as buying discounted platinum with the skins.

3 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

FOMO is one of the most unethical tactics.

It's only fomo if you really want it. And if you really want it you'll get it. But you have the choice of not getting it. 

• Like 2