Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

This must be one of the most tone deaf reactions I've seen from DE. The community literally wouldn't be so mad if you'd just release the skins without the padded regal aya/plat for a reasonable amount. 

Instead, you've chosen the greed road. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I've already cut back on how much time I play this game (you can look up how much hours I've spent its maybe over 10k) and if the new updates don't bring me back in, I'm probably done at this point. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, KleinPL said:

i live in poland and 217zł which is price of bundle is 48.55 euro or something. Its there and says that it contains 2100 platinum. So its 1. trolling me 2. they no aplly changes yet

90$ USD, in USA, Canada, and probably the UK and a few other places.
Prices gonna be different based on currency and location just like steam games.

1 hour ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

And what's happening with all the weapons you never use that are collecting dust and more importantly, taking up a slot?

Being actually usable weapons in Duviri as opposed to the absolutely horrendous default builds provided for weapons you don't own.

Being there in case something like Incarnon adapters happen, you get a riven for them, or some rework happens that scrambles the meta like mele 3.0 or damage 3.0 did

And just being something you can pick up at any time if you wanna change things up.

Many reasons.

• Like 2

God i hope so.

They adresses literally nothing, they did the one thing that would make this situation not change in any capacity.

Not only did they fail, they didnt even think to try, they want your money and they arent ashamed to twist your arm for it.

This is what happens when you sell majority stake to tencent.

You used to BE something, DE.

Those life situations are WHY its priced like this, so they can force people who couldn't afford it in the first place to purchase with money thst shouldnt have been spent so they can guarantee they get the cash before the player can spend it on something actually helpful.

Its called manipulation and addiction, DE has become one of the POS companies.  This is literally the same as EA's "sense of accomplishment and satisfaction" for costing thousands of dollars to experience all of their game.

I am because calling something an expensive rarity doesn't make it not a scam.

The fact that your standards are so low that you're willing to pay the price for a deluxe edition game AND dlc for a SKIN that's on par if not below the quality of deluxe skins.

You can be easily appeased, but don't drag the rest of us down with you, artificial exclusivity is a mistake and as someone who was THERE during excal prime, I'd hoped they wouldn't be stupid enough to pull a stunt like this again, but we also hoped they wouldn't be stupid enough to sellout to tencent, or to abandon game-modes.

and the reply system here doesn't work, seems that everything in this game is broken now.

On 2023-08-30 at 3:12 PM, (NSW)Jessej24 said:

GGs bois, we found the best game devs around

Don't drag us down with you.

On 2023-08-30 at 3:16 PM, Gladehart said:

You and who?

Literally everyone, you aren't special for having extra money, i have savings and this is literally the cost of a textbook i NEED.

You're literally being asked to pay 80 dollars to recieve thanks for 10 years of playing, and you're excited to do that because you want a status icon?

Do you realize you're dragging the rest of us down with you because you want to feel special, thus causing this whole problem in the first place??

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

lol ^

Dark, why don't you just ignore him? 

Ignoring them makes the devs think their simping is normal, thus they'll do it again.

if it takes being mean to keep DE from continuing their messy slide into garbage tier, then it's time to be mean.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)BeastKing KO said:

Followed a link on my Facebook feed to this thread, and as a veteran who had to walk away from the game for exactly this reason I feel like it is important to voice my thoughts here.

This game used to be what I considered to be the ideal model for free-to-play, and I consistently dumped what I would say is too much money for any game, into this one. I was more or less happy to do it knowing the money went toward a game I found quite enjoyable and a community that is unique in the industry (being a Tenno is a whole thing and I love it.)

That all said, I literally put this game down because of the FOMO practices being implemented by Digital Extremes and these heirloom collections just take the cake. Years ago content creators started dropping off and that should have been the first sign that the direction Warframe was moving was not going to be friendly to veteran players. I remember Shy moving away as a pretty big red flag and I still chose to play for years following that.

The heirloom collection is supposed to be a celebration of 10 years of this game, but by repeating these predatory FOMO practices you're sort of de-valuing your own attempt to celebrate the legacy of this game. It seems like a bit of a red flag that you expect players to stick around but cosmetics intended as a celebration of those players (new players obviously haven't played for ten years) will be limited time only.

To address the point of "fairness" for people who thought it would be limited time: it is very flawed logic to assume you should not fix a problem because it doesn't seem fair to those who already suffered from it. I hope Digital Extremes will consider this moving forward as it becomes obvious that player engagement is also moving into the realm of "limited time before they're gone."

Congratulations and thank you for 10 years of Warframe!

Now give us money, peasants.

3 hours ago, Lionsheart89 said:

So you're as oblivious as you appear. Unfortunate.

bro really thought people would be more excited about nonexistent lore than they would be upset at being scammed / strong-armed into... a scam.

• Like 7

Be upset at DE for pushing the pack the way it is in the first place, but there's literally no point in being upset at people who bought it because they wanted to. I don't understand that mentality. Just because YOU want to vote with your wallet doesn't mean anyone else has to do the same. There is absolutely no reason to be hostile to any players for spending their own money on something they wanted to buy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XBOX)TheCaptainShaw said:

This is a fantastic response to the heirloom pack feedback. I really appreciate how hard DE works to find even ground with their player base. They can’t give everyone everything they ask for, but they always find a compromise and help us feel heard.

I’m stoked about the increase in plat, and I still think the time limit is a fine idea for this cosmetic set. The whole FOMO thing isn’t always negative, if it’s for something special and doesn’t happen all the time. And if it seems like it isn’t a good idea later on, we can trust DE to reevaluate and change it.

they literally could give us exactly what we asked for and they didn't.

33 minutes ago, emmyemi said:

Be upset at DE for pushing the pack the way it is in the first place, but there's literally no point in being upset at people who bought it because they wanted to. I don't understand that mentality. Just because YOU want to vote with your wallet doesn't mean anyone else has to do the same. There is absolutely no reason to be hostile to any players for spending their own money on something they wanted to buy.

you are not free from the consequences of your actions.

You do not get to choose who people are and aren't mad at because you want to believe some mantra about hating the creator vs the consumer.

i have no hate for people who bought it, i despise people who bought it and refuse to humor the idea of other people being allowed to have access to the THANK YOU PACKAGE for TEN YEARS OF SUPPORT.

They don't care about the game, they're just sad gamers in desperate search of status icons to make them feel good, and they do not deserve my respect for ruining the external game economy with their frivolousness.

4 hours ago, Lionsheart89 said:

They need to fix it now. Not later.

This.

I'm tired of us letting DE just HAVE us.

We are not fodder, we need to stop just letting them scam us whenever they want, they have MORE than enough money, the fact that they would ask not just for more, but for more than the price of any other full game, for a package designed as THANKS FOR 10 YEARS OF PLAYING.

There isn't a second time, they already sharted in the bed, we're not going to get a second one until they realize they need to try not to make brown sludge in the bed and just pretend they're haha xd quirky "we'll learn next time i promise" they say as they crouch down over the bed.

Edited by Thunderlord_Zinogre
  • Like 8

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The phenomenon has existed before. Quick search links me the concept of "Keeping up with the Joneses" and the the concept of "Kiasu" (coined around the 1980s in Asia). Also just because a term is new doesn't mean what it describes isn't real. The world has seen massive changes in the past decades, which gives rise to phenomenons might not have been noticeably present before.

"just because a term is new doesn't mean what it describes isn't real"

Believe it or not I completely agree with this. Which is why FOMO, as of August 31st 2023, is still not recognised by any reputable institution or person, as an official Mental Health Disorder or Condition. It would fall under the category of an "urge". Which makes all of the comparisons and street-level diagnosis of it that you find in here null and void. All the things that make it more "real" than it is.

FOMO happens because of an innate need to be surrounded by people/peers. As such the Fear in FOMO comes from a Fear of "if I don't do X ill be left behind and will not be surrounded by everyone". Nurturing such a behaviour by giving into the requests of it won't hit you as hard as an Actual Mental Health Disorder of course, but it will certainly keep it around.

If you want to beat something you have to understand it first. Your research there although admirable, started with the wrong intention.

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678

1 minute ago, emmyemi said:

I'd rather be upset at DE for creating an environment like this in the first place. It shouldn't surprise anyone in the slightest that when players are divided into haves and have-nots that it creates friction and hostility. We're still dealing with the echoes of this from the Founders program from a decade ago; who in their right mind thought it'd be a good idea to do that again? The exclusivity and elitism in these packs is built in, it's by design! Don't hate the player, hate the game that creates reasons for players to be hateful.

• Like 6

On 2023-08-30 at 3:33 PM, (NSW)frog85g said:

The situation sucks. There isn’t much that can be done at this point that wouldn’t be a backstab to the people who already bought it (aside from like, giving out full refunds and doing a complete rework). So because of that, I feel like this is an acceptable solution, just so long as future heirloom packs (which I do hope we get for more frames, cause these look beautiful) don’t do this same thing.

Spending money doesn't make you special, money can be refunded.

if someone spends $80 and gets $60 back, they spent $20, if they complain they are literally beyond saving because at that point nothing can make them think of anything other than owning the thing with the biggest price tag.

24 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I'd rather be upset at DE for creating an environment like this in the first place. It shouldn't surprise anyone in the slightest that when players are divided into haves and have-nots that it creates friction and hostility. We're still dealing with the echoes of this from the Founders program from a decade ago; who in their right mind thought it'd be a good idea to do that again? The exclusivity and elitism in these packs is built in, it's by design! Don't hate the player, hate the game that creates reasons for players to be hateful.

Hate both because you're a human and can make your own decisions.

"Hate the game, not the player" means literally nothing, its deferral of guilt from one party to another, and the opposite phrase exists.

I refuse to go in this loop again.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Believe it or not I completely agree with this. Which is why FOMO, as of August 31st 2023, is still not recognised by any reputable institution or person, as an official Mental Health Disorder or Condition. It would fall under the category of an "urge". Which makes all of the comparisons and street-level diagnosis of it that you find in here null and void. All the things that make it more "real" than it is.

FOMO happens because of an innate need to be surrounded by people/peers. As such the Fear in FOMO comes from a Fear of "if I don't do X ill be left behind and will not be surrounded by everyone". Nurturing such a behaviour by giving into the requests of it won't hit you as hard as an Actual Mental Health Disorder of course, but it will certainly keep it around.

If you want to beat something you have to understand it first. Your research there although admirable, started with the wrong intention.

you are hopeless, FOMO is a phenomenon, not a mental disorder.

Christ almighty, are you Reb, or any other DE higher up or something?

You're literally defending the manipulation of people prone to addiction, and ESPECIALLY children, because you don't think it counts as a mental disorder, which it never was.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, PontifexPrimus1 said:

I would refer you to to Gupta and Sharma in the WJCC: "Fear of missing out: A brief overview of origin, theoretical underpinnings and relationship with mental health".

Please inform yourself before dismissing a phenomenon you're not familiar with as not relevant or not an actual psychological mechanism.

You don't know what PubMed is I'm guessing? Otherwise why would you link a paper written by Psychologists that "proposes" something but does not prove it nor validate it?

You know you can find the old (and very incorrect) paper on there that started the whole "vaccines give kids autism" nonsense right?

Try to be unique in this situation, don't be like everyone else and come back with more incorrect information with a kneejerk reply. Take a breath, go and actually look at PubMed properly, and understand its a database of all scientific and medical papers that are either in the midst of, or waiting to be, peer reviewed.

On 2023-08-30 at 2:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback

You should have learned your lesson from this and addressed this as soon as the person who came up with the idea of heirloom packs even uttered a word but you tryed this scumbag move against you can now not be trusted 

Almost everyone here (not all) want a pack with just the cosmetics that is not inflated by the platinum or aya but instead you locked them behind a timed fomo pay wall that is inflated to 90 dollars do to the platinum  and aya  without ever thinking of your fans just there money 

When we asked for a 4th pack with just the cosmetics you didn't listen and decided to ignore us trying to remedy it by adding a little more platinum which we didn't ask for 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

You don't know what PubMed is I'm guessing? Otherwise why would you link a paper written by Psychologists that "proposes" something but does not prove it nor validate it?

You know you can find the old (and very incorrect) paper on there that started the whole "vaccines give kids autism" nonsense right?

Try to be unique in this situation, don't be like everyone else and come back with more incorrect information with a kneejerk reply. Take a breath, go and actually look at PubMed properly, and understand its a database of all scientific and medical papers that are either in the midst of, or waiting to be, peer reviewed.

it's sad that you don't realize the fact that that paper is up there is why nobody has any interest in what you have to say.

You're literally doing what you're saying they are, and all to appease DE and their greed.

You're not even fighting over the topic at hand anymore, you're just being a snarky weirdo over semantics.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

You should have learned your lesson from this and addressed this as soon as the person who came up with the idea of heirloom packs even uttered a word but you tryed this scumbag move against you can now not be trusted 

Almost everyone here (not all) want a pack with just the cosmetics that is not inflated by the platinum or aya but instead you locked them behind a timed fomo pay wall that is inflated to 90 dollars do to the platinum  and aya  without ever thinking of your fans just there money 

When we asked for a 4th pack with just the cosmetics you didn't listen and decided to ignore us trying to remedy it by adding a little more platinum which we didn't ask for 

They are well aware of what they're doing.

The fact that we ever gave them the benefit of the doubt was our fault, they haven't been a real indie company in years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

They are well aware of what they're doing.

The fact that we ever gave them the benefit of the doubt was our fault, they haven't been a real indie company in years.

They've been getting bad since they joined greedcent and became DEcent (which our impressions of them are slowly doing from this stunt)

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

Those life situations are WHY its priced like this, so they can force people who couldn't afford it in the first place to purchase with money thst shouldnt have been spent so they can guarantee they get the cash before the player can spend it on something actually helpful.

You control the money you spend. No one else does. Just because you see something shiny doesn't mean you have to have it right then and there. 

7 minutes ago, Thunderlord_Zinogre said:

you are hopeless, FOMO is a phenomenon, not a mental disorder.

Christ almighty, are you Reb, or any other DE higher up or something?

You're literally defending the manipulation of people prone to addiction, and ESPECIALLY children, because you don't think it counts as a mental disorder, which it never was.

Who are you exactly? And why are you replying to a conversation you're not part of just to throw in childish jabs?

I'll make something crystal clear in the meantime. Some of your other posts are unreadable. Now I don't slag anyone for being bad at English, it's not everyone's first language, but it also explains why you clearly have no idea what words like Scam and Phenomenon mean. You can stop with the Altruism (Selfless concern for others) too by the way, amongst your unreadable posts one thing that could be read was this was about you and your Textbooks, you don't give a damn about Children lol. But we do now know how low you'll go just to try to make a point. Pretty scummy really.

Anyway, I'll be here waiting for your explanation of who you are. Awaiting the inevitable grandstanding mixed with entitlement.

1 hour ago, Misterjscape said:

I literally only care about the mag skin. Bundle pricing is outside of my range so sadly I'll be missing a great skin for one of my favorite warframes.

i feel this so hard.  Mag is my favorote frame.  Even when she was maligned.  I beat all the content with her.  And While I do use Octavia a lot more now I shes still the frame I go to when I want to have fun.  All I can think for warframe 1999 is that I hope to get to play proto Mag.  Cause space ninja excalibur isnt really my jam.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-30 at 9:08 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration.

How nice of you to FOMO bait your own dedicated players and consider not giving a *redacted* about actual concerns. New direction with cosmetics my *redacted*

we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives.

Yeah, I'm sure you learned how to monetize every segment of your already bloated game.

If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Oh, so you do acknowledge that this is just FOMO bait. How nice of you.

Oh DE, you continuously give me reasons not to play this game again.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

"FOMO isn't diagnosed as a disorder/condition." Okay? Does that make what it's being used to describe here less real? Why is so much value being attached to it being a disorder?

Like what's your point? Semantics?

People are expressing that they feel pressured to buy the package because it will be unavailable within a short time frame. They have a fear of missing out on it.
Are you saying that they aren't experiencing that? Or that the limited time nature of the package isn't an attempt to induce that feeling or manipulate it?

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 8

DE hasn't fixed anything. The biggest issue wasn't the value of the Heirloom packs, but the predatory nature in which they are being sold. They are using FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and Cash Only transactions in a game that has Platinum as a Premium Game Currency. We need to demand a Platinum only option and the removal of FOMO or else we will only see more predatory packs in the future. The fact is, that this is unacceptable and DE should have known better from their lessons of Excalibur Prime. It sucks for the players that fell into this predatory sales tactic and DE will have a difficult time making it up to them, but the one and only way DE can FIX this is by removing the things that make the Heirloom Pack predatory in the first place. I realize this is probably coming from Tencent, a company well known for predatory sales tactics, which is all the more reason we need to fight back against it. It's sad to see a community like Warframe being so alienated by corporate greed. There are thousands of players who play this game entirely for free, not because they don't want to spend money on the game but because they can't. Players that suffer from disabilities making it impossible for them to work real jobs. These players pay for Warframe by spending thousands of hours farming Prime Parts, Mods and other tradables creating Platinum sinks in the Warframe economy; And here we are at a time of celebration where Warframes most dedicated players are told they can't  be a part of one of the coolest things to come out during the celebration. It's disgusting and it has already made me start to question if I want to continue playing regardless of the outcome.

• Like 9

What a beautiful fire we have here. Ideal for making popcorn.

I find it funny how hard Tencent must really twisting your arm to make those bundles. If you really needed money for "uncle China" you could at least free Founder stuff and sell those as bundle deals for better effect

On 2023-08-30 at 2:19 PM, Slainn_ said:

Now, some real issues, why do I have to pay for warframe slots and weapon slots? The monetization in this game is acceptable in many ways, and my friends and I have spent a few hundred dollars already on the game, and we love to support it. But don’t nickel on dime us on the dumb stuff please, feels insulting. Like a spit in the face to those who WANT to support you but are being MADE to spend money for a gacha mechanic. Weapon slots, warframe slots, only being able to craft one forma at a time, exilus adapters, etc. those are all the things that feel the most scammy. Like, I’ll spend my money, just don’t extort me for pennies. 

well said with one caveat. The weapon slots forma is purchasable with plat, an in game currency that you gain not by spending money but by trading. Which is an important thing about this game. Earning plat for free is a great thing. 

But putting a bundle together that's clearly inflated and sticking a founders title on it. Ya people who want to support do not want to support that. And I want to add it spits in the face of people who support in other ways besides monetarily. Not a good look after a convention celebrating 10 years of players being there during the bad times. 

Edited by DariusDarkest
  • Like 2