Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

I'm extremely disappointed in the way you guys handled the 10-year celebration; like Rebecca was on stage, to the point of tears and joy for the past and future of the game, and y'all gonna apply the FOMO formula, mixed in with some of those nasty inflated-to-heck currencies - after we've already been through this a while back with the regal aya shenanigans? HOT DAMN, BROTHER MAN, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! LET EVERYBODY CELEBRATE, VIA HARD-EARNED CURRENCY, BE IT REALLY REAL, OR JUST AS REAL AS THE EFFORT WE'VE PUT INTO PLAYING THE GAME!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

They are trying to get away with the minimum amount of concessions possible. Just adding plat (which has no inherent value) is simply cheaper than unpacking the packs and potentially having to deal with some of the whales they have already successfully hunted wanting a partial refund to downgrade to a lower pack. I am not aware of them conceding on something twice but I sincerely hope this will be it.

You are absolutely right when you say they will try this again in the future. DE is not stupid. They know how to make money. Sales tactics like these are no accident, they are deliberate. Even having to walk them back is often not a surprise to these companies simply because they have the oppurtunity to not walk all of it back. They jumped a mile and tried to only walk a quarter of it back. Now they try to claim that everything is fine and that they're listening but we're still worse off than before.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Like 2

On 2023-09-01 at 3:54 AM, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Bud no one cares that you got tricked into buying an over priced pack do to fomo  or how much you make and are now trying to play it off by thinking your better than everyone else (which your not just way more idiotic and desperate)

What I'm trying to do is not gate keeping its helping people to realize there favorite devs are being corrupted by tencent practices and greed and telling them show with your wallets you want the devs to see that there hurting everyone when they don't listen and inflated prices just to squeeze the money out of there loyal fans 

If you want to support them buy somthing else insted of the greedy pack telling them we don't approve of this and we don't want you to go through these practices which hurt your fans by blocking everything behind a pay wall  inflated by adding plat and aya making it hard for normal fans to buy it 

Bud no one cares if you can't afford these cosmetics. You just choose something else. I'm sure you'll find other choices in the shop that are more within your price range. Again, don't be a gate keeper. Let people enjoy what they want to buy. I want to support my favorite devs and I love the new accessories that I can use for my favorite frames that's a perfect combination already. The added plat is just a bonus.

If you can't afford something other players can, you don't have to be salty about it. Remember that.

Edited by Letter13
Removed quoted post that was removed.

28 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

They are trying to get away with the minimum amount of concessions possible. Just adding plat (which has no inherent value) is simply cheaper than unpacking the packs and potentially having to deal with some of the whales they have already successfully hunted wanting a partial refund to downgrade to a lower pack. I am not aware of them conceding on something twice but I sincerely hope this will be it.

You are absolutely right when you say they will try this again in the future. DE is not stupid. They know how to make money. Sales tactics like these are no accident, they are deliberate. Even having to walk them back is often not a surprise to these companies simply because they have the oppurtunity to not walk all of it back. They jumped a mile and tried to only walk a quarter of it back. Now they try to claim that everything is fine and that they're listening but we're still worse off than before.

And I agree with you so much. I really hope that in the future, if DE ever makes any new heirloom collections, they better think carefully and I swear to god if they do this stunt again. I also have big grudge towards regal aya, because of it, no one is able to buy one full prime accessories pack for 18€ anymore, which always included two different prime cosmetics when DE was selling them during the old unvaulting program. But now, thanks to Prime Resurgence, you can't. The smallest 18€ regal aya pack gives you 3 regal ayas, which means that if there is an armor and syandana that you want, you are not able to buy both of them, since both and armor and syandana will cost 2 regal aya each.

And that is a reason why I haven't been dropping any of my money to DE pretty ever since. I just don't want to support this type of marketing tactics.

Edited by XeronThunderXX15
  • Like 1

A solution that would be far from ideal for all parties involved but one that I think would be acceptable. 

DE offers an official apology along with the promise that the Heirloom Skins & Pack Contents will be available permanently in the In Game Market as a Platinum Only Purchase by TenoCon 2024.

This would meet the demands of the community to remove the Time-Exclusive & Predatory FOMO as well as offering the items for Plat the way they should have been in the first place. At the same time it would give the people that were suckered into buying the packs an entire year to revel in their purchase before anyone else gets their hands on the packs.

Again, not ideal for anyone, but I believe the community at large would be willing to accept this.

Edited by (XBOX)EazyT4RG3T
Misspelled word
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Both are issues.

I am on page 5. I know there's a lot to read but try to keep up.

Oh I get it. Thanks for clarifying. One. So to total:

Skins: 77

Accolade: 2

You're right, it's so close, basically neck and neck. Who knows which one is going to end up being in the lead by tomorrow.

Probably best to spend less time failing to looking smart by telling folks to keep up, and more time realising you're so far behind that I'm just getting ready to lap you.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)EazyT4RG3T said:

A solution that would be far from ideal for all parties involved but one that I think would be acceptable. 

DE offers an official apology along with the promise that the Heirloom Skins & Pack Contents will be available permanently in the In Game Market as a Platinum Only Purchase by TenoCon 2024.

This would meet the demands of the community to remove the Time-Exclusive & Predatory FOMO as well as offering the items for Plat the way they should have been in the first place. At the same time it would give the people that were suckered into buying the packs an entire year to revel in their purchase before anyone else gets their hands on the packs.

Again, not ideal for anyone, but I believe the community at large would be willing to accept this.

No, this won't work, how about this?

DE offers an official full written and honest Apology along with the promise that the Heirloom Skins will be available permanently in the In-Game Market as a Platinum (And/Or) They put the Skins and other Contents and leave out the Plat/Aya and they -never- do this again.

This is what will meet the demands.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

No, this won't work, how about this?

DE offers an official full written and honest Apology along with the promise that the Heirloom Skins will be available permanently in the In-Game Market as a Platinum (And/Or) They put the Skins and other Contents and leave out the Plat/Aya and they -never- do this again.

This is what will meet the demands.

I don't think they have any reason to apologize. The next heirloom pack they'll probably break down a little better, possibly letting us purchasing them with Regal Aya. 

4 hours ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Again, if you can't afford it you don't have to be mad about it. If people want to support the game devs or simply want to buy unique cosmetics don't be a gatekeeper. Not everyone is as broke and as stupid as you.

Do you not understand what the issue here ? do you really not get it ? IT IS NOT ABOUT BEING ABLE TO AFFORD IT, IT IS ABOUT BEING A BAD AND PREDATORY DEAL

• Like 10

urg, if its permanently in the game then its not an event  item its just a new deluxe skin, honestly take a little responsibility for  personal fomo,  DE do a pretty good job of not  being  predatory in their marketing, most of the game is available  free to play,  at any point a limited time thing anywhere can be labeled as fomo, but it really is a matter of whether a PERSON values it or not, so only way to not invite the possibility is don't do limited  time special events, so now people complain DE don't acknowledge their  player base, damned if they do damn if they don't.

If I was to level any criticism about Heirloom  it would  perhaps give more notice of up coming, maybe they did? I didn't see it,  but perhaps release the pricing  so people can plan, but that's flawed as well, there isn't a fix other than either do special event items or don't, someone is going to complain either way.

I certainly didn't mind  throwing some money at DE  for a game that I have played off and on for 8 or so years and have many thousands of hours in, have some event stuff don't have other event stuff, in the end it was my PERSONAL choice to buy or not buy even if it was something I thought was kool, that's not fomo that's a choice about what I value.

Please DE don't apologise 

DE doesn't always get it right but they  do own up to it for the most part and adjust..

47 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

No. You probably are but I'm fine with that. No issue about it.

Bud no one cares if you can't afford these cosmetics. You just choose something else. I'm sure you'll find other choices in the shop that are more within your price range. Again, don't be a gate keeper. Let people enjoy what they want to buy. I want to support my favorite devs and I love the new accessories that I can use for my favorite frames that's a perfect combination already. The added plat is just a bonus.

If you can't afford something other players can, you don't have to be salty about it. Remember that.

Imagine being so spoiled, so lacking in principles that you actually try to use 'you're just upset you can't afford it, get over it' as a defense against complaints about such an overt rip-off.

Being able to afford the bundle is not the goddamn issue, and if you had any standards you'd be able to see that.

• Like 15

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I don't think they have any reason to apologize. The next heirloom pack they'll probably break down a little better, possibly letting us purchasing them with Regal Aya. 

Hopefully the next heirloom pack DOESN'T EXIST, this is a situation where i pray my main warframe don't get a skin that's the point i've reached from how terrible this situation is

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

There is no "lets", you don't get a say in here. Its only been one day, you can't have forgotten. Go wander off and try to find more "Psychos" while the adults talk.

Then I say that you don't get a say either in what's others' opinions of how superficial the accolade is.

1 hour ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

You have poor reading comprehension. You are right about other alternatives, though. But, the other guy from before said they can afford it so this argument should have not been happening. I fall on that camp too, and think it's expensive for what it's worth because of the unnecessary additions and want other options. Therefore, I think the deal/product is crap and I won't be buying it. I can buy it at anytime, but no way I'm buying it currently. There's no reason for them to bundle stuff like this when it's proven that they could separate products into packs like Jimquisition has.

Most of the defenders here lately are on the condescending territory that I think all of your accounts from warframe be expunged, and should be suddenly replaced by Fortnite or Club Penguin accounts for funniness.

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

Your obviously a bot or a brain washed drone because you're literally sead the same thing 3 times in a row nothing new or original from you 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

This frame of mind absolutely disgusts me, my dude these are in game skins, these are not some high value rare brand of car or something like that.

Also hot take all "skins" should be reasonably priced where if you want one you should be able to afford one. Good looking skins should not be just allotted to the richest of us.
Also that subtle jab of telling someone that it might be "Out of their price range" 

Good grief man do better

• Like 8

1 minute ago, (NSW)Justarius said:

This frame of mind absolutely disgusts me, my dude these are in game skins, these are not some high value rare brand of car or something like that.

Also hot take all "skins" should be reasonably priced where if you want one you should be able to afford one. Good looking skins should not be just allotted to the richest of us.
Also that subtle jab of telling someone that it might be "Out of their price range" 

Good grief man do better

He missed @Darkbring's point of being able to afford it either so this is invalid.

15 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Is it because of the weird vague reason you gave that somehow has something to do with being a "valued customer"? No, not at all. What was that even about anyway? Do you go and preorder games and think to yourself "wow, I feel like a valued customer"? That's not a typical reaction just so you know.

To answer your question though, Pre-Orders exist because of a multitude of reasons. The fact that you think it could possibly come down to just one..... I mean I don't know where to start with that.

Anyway, reasons. Games production has become more and more expensive, which is both why preorders exist and game prices rise with "next gen" consoles. When games were only Physical and not Digital, Pre-Orders made sure the Consumer felt some relief knowing their game was guaranteed to be there on launch day, and for the Retailer it was guaranteed sales revenue, along with the knowledge of the amount of Pre-Orders they could handle. Game Publishers use Pre-Order data to gauge interest in the game itself, and in turn use that to control how much they'll spend on physical game inventory. As time went on, more and more games offered Pre-Ordering through Companies such as Gamestop, until it was no longer an advantage. If everyone can do it after all, it leaves everyone back on even footing. Game Publishers then started adding "incentives" to Pre-Order their Game over "Game X". This, again, escalated right up until we get to 2023 where you can have early access to Games or Game Modes, get Statues or Full Jackets with your Game, etc etc.

I'm wasting my time typing this of course, because every single time I end up presenting someone in here with a fact, the response is that I've been brainwashed or im a fool or a whale or anything you can think of really. None of that changes the fact presented however. And considering there are folks here who do remember a time of Sega Megadrives and Super Nintendos and days of no games having Pre-Orders, then whether they admit it or not there are those who know this is exactly where Pre-Orders came from.

FOMO wasn't even a real term until 2004, and wasn't "popularised" until much later, and there was no precursor to it. We all managed fine before 2004 believe it or not.

So you're telling me, the reason people pre order or buy limited editions, it's not because they want to feel apart from the rest? you telling me, the only reason this bundle sale, and people buying it, part of them want to feel special? while the other part wants to support DE? come down from Lala Land.

Pre-orders exist to fundamentally generate more revenue basically and especially with the limited crap they put in, you see that even in physical stores back then with Gamestop and such, retailers do that to get more money than just a miserable commission they get from the publisher itself.

And im a sole advocate in physical games, instead of digital, mainly because you actually own the game.

Btw doesnt matter if it's a fact or not, people are crap eaters, they eat crap, and so this just shows, they like to eat crap, as i stated before and i state it again, this bundle is for new players, you think veterans care about regal aya or plat? and this is a fact, for the most part, yeah. so much so, that someone in the beginning of this topic was asking for a unique badge of honor, for spending 80 dollars on a bundle, now tell me, FOMO doesnt affect people, tell me it's a made up thing from 2004, and it's still going right, tell me why the person who spends or plays this game for 10 years, has to be lesser or above the person who spends 80 dollars, and vice-versa, i think gamers who have these attitudes and ideas, are losers, im not going to lose sleep over a 80 dollar bundle, limited even, because i do have the money, i just dont think it's a worthy deal to me, injecting more plat doesnt solve the problem, making separate bundes would, give the community more options, instead of going with only 1, and dividing the community.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

If that's what you got from my reply then I'm sorry, you're a terrible judge lol.

I mean the logistics of your suggestion itself is astounding, how do you buy something for your kitchen that you don't yet know you'll need in the future for your kitchen? And how would you keep track of it all to make sure you don't buy the same thing twice considering it was so useless to you now that you likely didn't even bother learning it's name or what it does?

It's almost like a proper Thought Experiment, except every possible answer to it other than "I wouldn't do it in the first place" is guaranteed to be stupid.

To address your concerns though, and thanks for the concern, but no, nothings a chore. I don't know why 4 mins in ESO levelling anything would be a chore. I'm an 80s baby, we were taught patience.

Just to reciprocate the concern too:

"then again is play how ever you want."

You know you have time to proofread your posts before posting them and you can edit them afterwards right? I'm just worried because that's.....just not English. Theres a word missing and "however" is supposed to be one word. Are you OK?

i min max, i aint got time to proofread you understood what i said, and i think im a good judge.

Edited by Xkorpitron
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xkorpitron said:

So you're telling me, the reason people pre order or buy limited editions, it's not because they want to feel apart from the rest? you telling me, the only reason this bundle sale, and people buying it, part of them want to feel special? while the other part wants to support DE? come down from Lala Land.

Pre-orders exist to fundamentally generate more revenue basically and especially with the limited crap they put in, you see that even in physical stores back then with Gamestop and such, retailers do that to get more money than just a miserable commission they get from the publisher itself.

And im a sole advocate in physical games, instead of digital, mainly because you actually own the game.

Btw doesnt matter if it's a fact or not, people are crap eaters, they eat crap, and so this just shows, they like to eat crap, as i stated before and i state it again, this bundle is for new players, you think veterans care about regal aya or plat? and this is a fact, for the most part, yeah. so much so, that someone in the beginning of this topic was asking for a unique badge of honor, for spending 80 dollars on a bundle, now tell me, FOMO doesnt affect people, tell me it's a made up thing from 2004, and it's still going right, tell me why the person who spends or plays this game for 10 years, has to be lesser or above the person who spends 80 dollars, and vice-versa, i think gamers who have these attitudes and ideas, are losers, im not going to lose sleep over a 80 dollar bundle, limited even, because i do have the money, i just dont think it's a worthy deal to me, injecting more plat doesnt solve the problem, making separate bundes would, give the community more options, instead of going with only 1, and dividing the community.

Yeah you're gonna need to read the post again. I can't even imagine where you got the idea that Retailers were getting commissions from publishers but it sure wasn't in the fact presented to you. From there your post either accidentally repeats what I already said, shows that you believe 90% of the population of the planet are egotistical narcissists as if thats normal, or just plain gets things wrong again like the imaginary commission above.

Let me know when you've given it a second read and we can continue.

15 minutes ago, Xkorpitron said:

i min max, i aint got time to proofread you understood what i said, and i think im a good judge.

A flimsy excuse that if poked would make little sense.

And just an FYI, people don't decide if they're a "Good Anything" themselves, that's for others to decide about you. But it does answer where the belief about the "world of narcissists" comes from in the other discussion at least. Nobody wants to feel like they're alone after all.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Yeah you're gonna need to read the post again. I can't even imagine where you got the idea that Retailers were getting commissions from publishers but it sure wasn't in the fact presented to you. From there your post either accidentally repeats what I already said, shows that you believe 90% of the population of the planet are egotistical narcissists as if thats normal, or just plain gets things wrong again like the imaginary commission above.

Let me know when you've given it a second read and we can continue.

Retailers get a % from their sales, you missed my point there.

i can believe world population would be egotistical given the chance for survival, in fact you have that happening right now, im not telling people how to spend their money right, so people can choose how to spend their money, but remember, buying this bundle just shows you're okay with practices like this, at the end of the day, dont tell me you regret it after all these years of eating crap, that you made bad decisions with your money, supporting an evil corporation, and you have seen the light.

• Like 1

There seem to be a lot of people on here confused about why a lot of us take issue with this Heirloom collection and the pricing/FOMO practices surrounding it. There have been a lot of good points raised and even I posted earlier outlining several major reasons this business practice is predatory and unfair.

That said, I want to make some additional points. By no means are these the only issues, but I think the following are worth mentioning for those who struggle to empathize, in the hopes they might at least see how this situation could upset folks:

This Heirloom collection is touted as a "thank you" to players who supported the game over the last ten years. They aren't selling it at random, they're very clear about it being a way of "saying thanks."

So, to address the monetization issue: If someone can say "Thank you!" to me and my only available response is "no, I can't afford that right now" then they weren't really saying thank you at all.

To address the FOMO issue: Even if you're of the opinion that FOMO practices aren't problematic (they are and always have been) you should be able to see a little tone-deafness in calling something a "thank you" for ten years of support but charging new money and only keeping it available for a limited time. Certainly when you consider that is an arbitrary decision they never had to make.

To simply dismiss it as "businesses need to make money" is to ignore the label DE themselves has tried to put on it. So it seems weird to have a problem with  people calling them out for trying to put a different label on it than that.

I'm genuinely one of the old whales in this game, if I wanted these skins I could buy them. I don't because the practice is predatory.

Also worth noting, if your response to these complaints is "just don't buy them, just don't play the game, quit complaining etc." just do us a favor and take that energy, apply it to your need to gripe about our opinions on this post and make that same choice; stop engaging here and go enjoy your cool new skins. You're a hypocrite if you're taking to this thread just to complain about people complaining. Not that you didn't all already know that.

Edited by (XBOX)BeastKing KO
  • Like 13