The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Options to Re Disable the Operator

(XBOX)Mastermitchel89

I want to play without the operator so i can just play Warframe, I don't want transference to be a constant reminder of how fun the game isn't anymore, I also don't want to lock off Necramechs to a three point turn or unable to use them at all

First and foremost an option to disable operator use and remove transference and operator beam from the ability menu

I want transference to not be apart of the ability menu ie 4 abilities without the 5th backup of varying use, (Consoles have scrolling or a combo button press) I don't want to scroll to transference when im scrolling for abilities 

[also the fact that transference is also an "ability" in the Necramechs ability menu but it isn't shown or scrollable to and highlights th 4th ability, example voidrig uses 4, accidentally tries to transfer whilst guard mode, now has to scroll back to his 4 to unguard] 

also the fact that transference is also an "ability" in the Necramechs ability menu but it isn't shown or scrollable to [basically this on warframes whilst not leaving it stuck like prior issue]

I still want to use Necramechs but a simple aim and x to interact/transfer would suffice

The operator also acts like a backup ability of death, I want my warframe to do that instead of relying on a backup

Even if its a mission a nightmare effect or sorties effect that disables transference i'd play it

To suffice, 

I had more fun without the operator more than with, being a constant strain on gameplay even when not using them ie 4 abilities and a 5th to scroll through

i don't like the operator because the game was fun until my warframe stopped warframing around and didn't warframe all over the place

Then some goblin tadpole thing struggled out of its golden bed and my warframe took the monster back to its ship

Now after that i have to scroll five times in my ability menu and after war within the transference to operator doesn't help me warframe it just adds a helminth like system that gives me 5 sets of 2 abilities step into my Warframe gameplay

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

I want to play without the operator so i can just play Warframe

Operator / Drifter gameplay is part of the core game of Warframe, and is required in many of the game modes and fights (Eidolons, Angels, Ropalolyst, Kuva Siphons, etc.), as well as being core parts of the in-game lore and required in quests.

I do not see there being any chance of there being a toggle to disable a core part of game functionality in this way; you're free to personally not use transference, but it will limit you in terms of scope of the content you can do.

46 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Scrolling through abilities sounds awful. I thought console players just held a button to open an ability menu, much much faster than relying on a "scrollwheel".

you can do either an ability menu button or scrolling

But it varies like left handed vs right handed

Can you guess which i prefer?

46 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Scrolling through abilities sounds awful. I thought console players just held a button to open an ability menu, much much faster than relying on a "scrollwheel".

Though I mostly play on PC and have tons of options to set up ability usage, using a button for an ability menu is what I’ve got mine set up as on Switch. Much nicer-feeling

Regarding the topic; I sort of get the scrolling through abilities problem, but it sounds like there’s problems beyond that and you’re not happy having the Operator as a fall-back option in general…?

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Regarding the topic; I sort of get the scrolling through abilities problem, but it sounds like there’s problems beyond that and you’re not happy having the Operator as a fall-back option in general…?

🤔 Thinking about it, I sort of get the concept; failure can lose its presence when the game gives us so many ways to avoid it in-mission unless we really get into trouble.

Though the price of failure for much of this game is complete loss of everything earned. 

Though that said, personally I like that fear when I build for and jump into a fight knowing everything’s on the line even if the game currently gives me a lot of second chances. I do kind of wonder if there might be a sneaky little personal option to embrace death a little more akin to Arbitrations

edit: Maybe a Dragon Key equivilant

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

wouldn't another option to be to get a different Controller, particularly one with as many extra Buttons as possible, and then Bind those directly to Abilities so that you can visually deal with spacekid as inoften as possible.

Oh, I have one of those.  It's called a keyboard.  It's fun.

If anything, I kinda wish there were more missions where you could ONLY use the operator--not drifter though, that guy sucks.

4 hours ago, Raarsi said:

If anything, I kinda wish there were more missions where you could ONLY use the operator--not drifter though, that guy sucks.

well, as long as those are optional nonessential Content. :)

spacekid adds to what my Warframe does, but spacekid on its own is pretty mid in capabilities. not to be confused with whether you can have good enough DPS Stats, don't confuse these two.

22 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Though I mostly play on PC and have tons of options to set up ability usage, using a button for an ability menu is what I’ve got mine set up as on Switch. Much nicer-feeling

Its just the scrolling part i have issue with

12 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

F5MQn9BacAA0Ahj.png

You didn't read didya

On 2023-09-07 at 11:20 AM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

ie 4 abilities and a 5th to scroll through

And lastly

First and foremost an option to disable operator use and remove transference and operator beam from the ability menu

Just like if i never played second dream

also the fact that transference is also an "ability" in the Necramechs ability menu but it isn't shown or scrollable to [basically this on warframes whilst not leaving it stuck like prior issue]

I still want to use Necramechs but a simple aim and x to interact/transfer would suffice

I tested an x to Necramech, and it would also solve the i want either operator or the Necramech/warframe but their overlapping problem

18 hours ago, (PSN)hazelmantis3 said:

Is their anything that can be done to the operator to make you want to play them?, some improvements they can receive? or you just don`t like them completely?

I don't hate or not want the Operations unit DeClass Tenno

I just want my Warframe back from the Devil Thief

An improvement to the Operator moving and x to interact like a Warframe would be nice

But as Stated, The 5th ability, in the way fixed on Necramech, Fix it on the Warframe, = less scrolling

15 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

make a new account and don't unlock operator, it will limit what content you can do but it achieves what you are asking mostly

I mentioned Necramech and literally right there

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

But as Stated, The 5th ability, in the way fixed on Necramech, Fix it on the Warframe, = less scrolling

On 2023-09-07 at 12:03 PM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Read damnit

Literally why is it so difficult to understand the issue before adding meaningless data inputs that only further the issue at hand

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

and that's why I said "mostly" also I don't know why you like/ want the mech? it has literally almost no use cases, it's entire purpose now is just a timegate for new players wanting to unlock starchart lol and is now on a ridiculous nerfed 2 minute duration to a 10 minute cooldown, it's the biggest pile of garbage in the game considering all the teething issues it had and associated grind / leveling.

This is... such a shame.

Warframe was always about the Operator. The story was there before the game was released, and DE spent a couple of years (up to 2014), building up the time to release the content.

They've been essential to the plot, and in some ways essential to the game, ever since. I mean, the whole reason that the Operator can be a back-up on death is because Warframes deliberately and specifically cannot do that on their own. Only down and revive within the limit of their mission-based self-revives, or be revived by allies before death.

The game has spent eight years with Operators in it, and if you don't want to use them, then that's just... a huge waste on your part. A waste of time, and a waste of effort.

That's sad. That's genuinely such a shame, and I feel bad that you've hit this point.

And even then, DE have been doing the opposite of what you want to do for literally years. DE want the Operator integrated into your gameplay loop, they want the interactions, the self-buffing potential of the different Schools, they want players to jump out of their frame and use Unairu to full-strip a group of enemies that the frame has grouped up, before jumping back in to obliterate that group with weapons.

DE want Operators to be part of the core gameplay of Warframe.

So why would they ever put in options that allow you to leave them out entirely?

Not sure I get your point.

Warframe is still mostly about, well your Warframe. Sure, some content is locked behind Operator/Drifter, but that doesn't even come close to 10% of the game.

If anything, I've always considered Operator as your source of free +5 energy/s. When you were smart enough about investing in Zenurik.

The grind for focus is soul destroying though.

Amp gameplay is awful, it doesn't use mods, only arcanes, Void Sling is jankier than Void Dash was.

Drifter melee ranges from meh to "time to never use this one again".

Not to forget inconsistencies, such as using Nataruk and Rumblejack in New War as drifter, never to have it as an option anywhere else.

Maybe it's the lack of modding that just annoys me, because I don't have this issue in using Railjack or Necramechs. Hell I'll even take Archwing gameplay over Operator/Drifter.

On 2023-09-12 at 11:46 AM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:
On 2023-09-11 at 8:39 PM, _Anise_ said:

make a new account and don't unlock operator, it will limit what content you can do but it achieves what you are asking mostly

On 2023-09-11 at 4:57 PM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

On 2023-09-07 at 12:03 PM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Read damnit

Literally why is it so difficult to understand the issue before adding meaningless data inputs that only further the issue at hand

Apparently i do have to specify for a third time

Im not requesting to Remove the operator

Im Requesting an Option to Revert the Ability menu back to before the Operator is unlocked [Specifically for non-operator important missions atleast]

On 2023-09-08 at 11:49 AM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:
On 2023-09-07 at 1:22 PM, (NSW)Greybones said:

Its just the scrolling part i have issue with

On 2023-09-11 at 4:57 PM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

An improvement to the Operator moving and x to interact like a Warframe would be nice

Or change the ability menu to act like the Necramech ability menu [by hiding transference or simply prevent the player from scrolling through transference]

Archived