Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop: New Player Path Improvements

[DE]Taylor

On 2023-09-28 at 8:02 PM, MitsuMez said:

I Don't pop up here often. 

A potential solution for getting people to mess with Vox Solaris is look at the barrier to entry: Solaris United.

Tl:dr: I suggest:

- Increasing the debt-bond count from Bounties, (eg 2-4 or 6+ based on bond type and Bounty difficulty)

or

- Increasing the amount of buyable debt-bonds from ticker per Timer period (while adding a option for Buying a Desired Debt-bond at a higher price)

It's a looming problem with RNG being a mega-factor in the farm or time towards getting to Vox-Solaris.   

Non-Tl:dr:

Medical Debt-bonds, Advancement Debt-bonds , and Familial Debt-Bonds are the biggest thorn to a good chunk of players backs during the Progression of ranking up SU Standing. 

If anything I'd want to see a increase in those debt bond counts, or a dramatically higher count of debt bonds as a buying option for players from Ticker( If that's excessive, then how about a "deep additional options" Slightly higher priced than usual for desired debt-bonds but requires The debt bond shop to be cleared out, or at least have 3 debt bonds bought from that reset period to buy it).

wanted to throw my two-cents in, as RNG was not the kindest during the SU standing and Rep farming. and from what I've seen and heard, other players back then has had struggles with those mentioned Debt-Bonds. Some threads around reddit and the comments section for the "Debt-Bonds" Section of the wikia harbors some frustrations with the Farming/ grind of those bonds. 

heard that profit-taker orb Party-share was a thing but saw some chatter about it being limited to Rank 5 SU players, so anyone under that is a RIP. 

you want more people doing Vox Solaris? check how people are doing with Solaris United. Once that's resolved, I'm positive there would be more players doing Vox Solaris bounties, Orb bounties, etc.

(edit reason: Said "the only real solution" There's many ways to tackle this problem, And my suggestion won't fix everything. I'm all eyes and ears to some other people's ideas.)  

(2nd Edit @DrLego. I'm thankful that you mentioned the Debt-Bond matter. cheers. ) 

You do know that portion of the workshop is about the quest, not the syndicate, right? Vox Solaris the syndicate ain't even for new players.

On 2023-09-28 at 5:56 PM, Dalewyn said:

I was loving the Waverider changes until this, which single-handedly restores the tedium back to 11.

The problem with Waverider has always been its tedium, please do not add tedium because it's neither challenging nor fun.

How is it tedious to just jump and kill an enemy 5 times? That can literally be done just outside of Fortuna.

On 2023-09-28 at 1:05 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Our goal is to direct our Tenno to Cetus and then to Fortuna in their early-game journey

This is utterly hilarious.  You're directing them to the open worlds, while experienced players are having to sit in chat and these forums to explain to the newbies that they aren't meant to be there yet because there's a difficulty spike with the open world units.  I cannot tell you how many times I have seen other players telling newbies who are complaining about the open worlds "Oh yeah, those aren't for you yet.  You should keep running starchart for now."  I used to see people in chat all the time asking for help with the intro quest to fortuna, only to have to explain to them that it's solo-only and much harder than the rest of the missions on Venus.  They always ask why, and I don't have an answer because only DE knows why they would do something like that.

And you're sending them there on purpose, as early as possible.  It's like a joke.

• Like 6

On 2023-09-29 at 11:31 PM, Monolake said:

Sure they are tough for new players because Fortuna mobs hit like lvl~50 despite being lvl~10. 

It's not just that.  Fortuna and deimos mobs have special immunities (like viral just doesn't work on deimos.) and that is never communicated to the player.  They would have to actually scan all the mobs then check the codex to understand why their gear isn't working anymore.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's not just that.  Fortuna and deimos mobs have special immunities (like viral just doesn't work on deimos.) and that is never communicated to the player.  They would have to actually scan all the mobs then check the codex to understand why their gear isn't working anymore.

It genuinely made me turn off my game for the day when I found out that Orb Vallis enemies are immune to magnetic procs.

Like there's and enemy that makes stupid amounts of Overshield, you have a element that's DESIGNED to kill shields, why make him immune to Magnetic Procs when that would've been the best time to incentives it.

• Like 6

On 2023-10-08 at 3:01 AM, (PSN)rexis12 said:

It genuinely made me turn off my game for the day when I found out that Orb Vallis enemies are immune to magnetic procs.

Like there's and enemy that makes stupid amounts of Overshield, you have a element that's DESIGNED to kill shields, why make him immune to Magnetic Procs when that would've been the best time to incentives it.

Wait, what? Why in all hell would DE do that???

• Like 2

On 2023-10-08 at 12:01 AM, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Which ones?  (Other than a few non-shielded, or completely status immune of course.)

If you're thinking of the Juno corpus variants, these are supposed to have 75% resistance on their health to all the cold variant damage types, including magnetic, but still get affected by mag proc shield debuffs.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Which ones?  (Other than a few non-shielded, or completely status immune of course.)

If you're thinking of the Juno corpus variants, these are supposed to have 75% resistance on their health to all the cold variant damage types, including magnetic, but still get affected by mag proc shield debuffs.

I'm Mostly thinking of the Rakta Enemies, more importantly the yellow one the Kyta Raknoid, where one of its attacks is to make stupid amounts of Overshield.

Like, when I first saw it my eyes lit up. Because that's like textbook:

'nudge nudge' wanna use this other Element for an easier time?

Especially important since it requires Cold and Electric, which cuts out Viral and Radiation, two pretty strong elements.

So I brought a magnetic weapon, and was slapped in the face when I not only not see any Magnetic Procs, but I learned from the wiki that they're flat out immune to them. It made me throw my hands up in the air, going "What's the #*!%ing point of giving us elements strong against certain mechanics, but then gimp them when you encounter the exact type of enemy that uses that mechanic?"

It doesn't help that Magnetic is like horrifically weak against Alloy Armor, making it not only an option with no utility but it will gimp your DPS as well just to spite you for daring to try something different.

I'm probably exaggerating, but it genuinely pissed me off at the blatant disregard for Player Action Reaction Reward, and instead just make the Raknoids just more DPS checks. Hell I might be wrong, but I also think that's the case with the Terra Jackal shield but I don't recall as clearly.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

specially important since it requires Cold and Electric, which cuts out Viral and Radiation, two pretty strong elements.

If it's any consolation it's immune to viral too. :P

11 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

I also think that's the case with the Terra Jackal shield but I don't recall as clearly.

Looks like it's not immune, although it might have the damage resistance of other Terra units.  (And I misspoke earlier.  It's the Terra Corpus in Orb Valis, not Juno.  I always get those mixed up.)

• Like 1

On 2023-10-03 at 5:43 AM, CephalonCarnage said:

Few people want to keep Mk1/flawed stuff and TBH they just confuse new players.

The Mk1/flawed items are crucial components of feeling more powerful once you earn your way out of them. I don't think they are confusing at all.

On 2023-10-03 at 1:31 PM, (PSN)LadyAmbush said:

If you have seen and read notes mk-1 weapons are permanent they were only removed from the quest. Can still be purchased in market for credits afterwards.

Its only removed to quest so that new players can get regular versions of weapons they can invest their endo into. So many people in the past made mistakes in investing  flawed mods and mk weapons early on just to find out something was better.

This helps with spending your resources into stronger and better variants. 

I went and double checked the investment costs + the dissolution return.

A player will spend 70/140/210 endo to max a common/uncommon/rare Flawed mod. They get 58/115/173 back when dissolving. This works out to a roughly 82% endo retrieval across the board.

Now, 18% is a steep tax rate but when you look at the raw numbers, it's only 12/25/37 endo that you're missing out on per invested flawed mod. Combine that with the ability to bulk dissolve the dozens or hundreds of duplicate mods that a new player would acquire as they just play normally, and I really don't see endo cost as an issue, at least not where flawed mods are concerned.

• Like 2

Actually while we here, can we also discus about affinity gain, especially how Warframe abilities don't give experience to weapons. I know the idea is that you need to kill to get affinity, but considering how old weapons don't have any polarities and how some weapons just kind of suck, it makes leveling them up a pain and thus people just kinda resort to Hydron.

Can we change it so that weapons get like 50% of the affinity, not split the affinity as in when we get 100 affinity from abilitys weapons get 50, so that it's more convenient and less frustrating to level them up.

• Like 2

TBH I think the affinity system needs a rework - there are many weapons I have "mastered" by not using, kill using soemthing else with the annoying or trash weapon equipped and its MR30 before you know it.

I do think the affinity should come from the weapon being used, but at the same time the affinity received should be increased when it does get used, but only when it is used.

• Like 2

On 2023-10-07 at 1:52 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

How is it tedious to just jump and kill an enemy 5 times? That can literally be done just outside of Fortuna.

Because K-Drives are already tedious to control for most players. Now you want them to kill stuff while flinging themselves into the air like a headless chicken with its rear rubbed in grease? Yarelli doesn't even kill stuff while flying through the air on her K-Squid since she would just constantly slam her head on the ceiling.

On 2023-09-28 at 1:05 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

players who already own Flawed Mods will have them replaced with the normal variant

WHY? not only do I find youe "wasted endo" thought flawed, I Like my flawed mods. If you want to replace them with non-cracked versions in the drops, that's easy, but why make extra work for yourself by taking them out of everyone's inventory? If we didn't want them, we would have converted them long ago.

• Like 1