Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Vacuum/Fetch is better than radar

Ravers_Fallacy

As been mentioned earlier here, some of us dont want to have vacuum on every build. In addition to that when Pablo mentioned it getting disabled when the pet goes down he also refered to other mods and that some do. However since vacuum currently does not get disabled, I doubt it will be with the changes, since it doesnt seem like something they'll actively try to change.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Just a hypothesis, but I think that for truly new players, Vacuum would be a detriment.  It's hard to learn what various drops are and what they do if they're just flying into your face.  In this case, I think walking is the best way to start; they'll be able to run via modding soon enough.

EZ problem to solve if you are worried about this. Make it a one-time, untradeable/fusable mod (or something that you can get from Simaris for a lot of standing if it's still salable and fuseable for some reason). From now on, you can get it after clearing a certain junction, maybe around Ceres or Jupiter since that's pretty much half of the starchart.

If we go with the unsellable and unfusable route, turn everyone's excess Vacuum into excess Ammo Drums.

On 2023-09-28 at 12:36 PM, Ravers_Fallacy said:

Universal Vacuum

On 2023-09-28 at 12:41 PM, Cerikus said:

It's baffling to me that we still don't have universal vacuum

All Warframes gained a universal Vacuum of 3 meters in 2016. Before then you had to physically collide with your loot to pick it up

But I know what you really want. And frankly 12 meter Vacuum is overrated. Never used it except a couple times in late 2015 to see what it was like, was utterly unimpressed, haven't touched it since. And looting feels 100% fine, I don't feel like I'm missing a thing (pinging @Hexerinon this too, never once felt miserable without Vacuum)

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

On 2023-09-28 at 9:54 PM, Cerikus said:

Ok. Univac and instead of vacuum and fetch you get a mod that disables vacuum for people like you. Done.

The simpliest solution for this would be an option on the menu like some other things like bloom, reload on context, screen shake etc. With this option those whom not want univac can take their loot slower while us whom collecting non stop can have all the goodies.

50 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

All Warframes gained a universal Vacuum of 3 meters in 2016. Before then you had to physically collide with your loot to pick it up

You still have to touch loot to pick it up without vacuum, as shown in the video I posted. There is no "universal 3 meter vacuum" like ya'll keep trying to claim.

2 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

The simpliest solution for this would be an option on the menu like some other things like bloom, reload on context, screen shake etc. With this option those whom not want univac can take their loot slower while us whom collecting non stop can have all the goodies.

That wouldnt really work since it is often based on specific builds/loadouts. Even with a frame to frame toggle option like tap/hold would make it work poorly since you might use more than one frame in a certain loadout while in the specific loadout you just dont want vacuum.

An additional mod slot on the pet dedicated to vacuum and nothing else would be the simplest, that or a dedicated mod slot on the frame that can be used for nothing else. On the pet would be the most useful, since you might want to run different configs while still not wanting vacuum, which limits how useful it would be if tied to the frame.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

Just now, Hexerin said:

So it's a selective vacuum, only some things are actually grabbed by it. So ultimately, it still might as well not exist and lends basically no weight to ya'lls arguments on the topic.

Still, it's there. Sure it would be nice if it was a bit bigger, I don't really understand why some don't want it

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

So it's a selective vacuum, only some things are actually grabbed by it. So ultimately, it still might as well not exist and lends basically no weight to ya'lls arguments on the topic.

Selected vacuum? No it applies to everything, the gif used likely just has ammo at max already.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Selected vacuum? No it applies to everything, the gif used likely just has ammo at max already.

It absolutely does not apply to everything, as put on display here. The only question is: "What does it apply to?"

13 hours ago, Hexerin said:

User experience for those who don't have access to vacuum is absolutely abysmal. Always has been, always will be.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You still have to touch loot to pick it up without vacuum, as shown in the video I posted. There is no "universal 3 meter vacuum" like ya'll keep trying to claim.

Checked your video, you absolutely have a 3meter vacuum on during it. Before 2016 you had to be even closer to the energy orb to pick it up

• Like 1

On 2023-09-28 at 4:12 PM, Hexerin said:

This is what I'm saying. If they actually do go through with what Pablo says they're thinking about, that is something that actively harms the majority of the playerbase. It's a completely #*!%ed and smoothbrain idea to go through with, and I genuinely cannot understand why they're even considering it.

How is it smoothbrain when literally every sentinel and companion other than Djinn and Vulpaphyla will now not lose those basic functionalities permanently when they die? This while ignoring all the new potential for survivability with the new changes to shields, health, and additional mods that shorten the revival timer? Now that you don't need a couple mods related to revival, you have space for more stuff. Always people just playtesting everything in their mind before it's physically out, writing up their angry IGN reviews based on imagination.

CDN media

• Like 4