Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros is simply useless.

Big_Nubis

To be completely honest, the current state of Inaros is simply pathetic. 

Inaros' entire skill set can be called nothing else but weak. The only skill that is actually quite decent is the first one since it works quite well with the passive, but when it comes to the rest of the skills, it feels like the purpose of the skills is putting him at a disadvantage rather than actually contributing. 

Devour immobilizes you for way too long, making it unusable in actual gameplay, and there's no actual reason for it to exist since the first ability is a better alternative for healing.

Sandstorm lacks both the damage and the mobility to be a good skill, it is basically a useless crowd control that isn't highly mobile and burns a lot of energy.

As for scarab swarm while it does give some armor. That armor is basically outshined by many other Warframes out there, as for casting it on the enemies, that is basically useless because of how little damage it does, and as I mentioned in Devour, the heal is not worth it because of the first skill being the better option.

Now we come to his health. While his health definitely something that no other Warframe can match him in, that is only the case in the early game, but later on in long farming runs when the enemies start to reach level 1000+, the enemies can basically one shot any Warframe, including Inaros despite his high health, and the only way to counter that is through shield gating, and since Inaros has no shields, this makes shield gating Impossible for him, turning Inaros, the so called best tank in the game, into the worst Warframe in terms of survivability. It's so frustrating that it's almost funny.

So in conclusion: Inaros has a useless skill set, is the worst at survivability which is the one thing that he's supposed to be good at, basically has nothing to offer that other warframes can't offer a better version of.

I really like Inaros' design and lore and I wish I could play him more, but most of the time I find myself replacing him with other warframes because he is not capable of doing anything useful. I really hope this reaches the devs and that they do something about it in the near future.

Edited by Big_Nubis
Rephrased something
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Small advice. If you don't want to accidently make yourself an enemy of the whole community, refrain for EVER speaking for the entire community. That never ends well

First time posting here. Thanks, I'll make sure to do so next time. Y'know, might as well edit the post right now👍

Edited by Big_Nubis
Added something
  • Like 4

No doubt on that he's terrible and doesn't do anything useful BUT, like Loki, he has some niche uses, for example he has stagger resistance with archwing equipped, and he might be advantaged when it comes to certain riven challenges and nightmare conditions. I used to play him a bit on bounties where all I needed was an AOE weapon, no abilities required. This warframe is for a lazy gameplay where one doesn't have to press any buttons between 1 and 4.

Does he deserve a heavy rework though? Definitely yes. 

Yeah there'll be someone along shortly to say how amazing and iconic devour is as an ability or something dumb like that lol. Forums are pretty garbage that way. Anytime someone makes a good point people try to bully them into submission for no reason.

Anyways, yeah, we finally got DE to do something about Hydroid. With a few years of complaining we can maybe get something done about Inaros, he's definitely just as bad if not even worse than Hydroid.

Next one after Inaros - probably Valkyr 2028 : Return of the Uncaged Berzerk Queen

Edited by CrownOfShadows

2 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Next one after Inaros - probably Valkyr 2028 : Return of the Uncaged Berzerk Queen

This would please me greatly. Valkyr was my favorite before I switched over to Wisp being my main. 

8 minutes ago, Big_Nubis said:

First time posting here. Thanks, I'll make sure to do so next time. Y'know, might as well edit the post right now👍

Good deal

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

I hope Pablo looks at this frame's kit. It's just so underwhelming.

I'd wager it'd be an eventuality since now that Hydroid will be good, that just leaves the pointless pharaoh at the bottom tier all by his lonesome.

Also feel like a decent challenge would be trying to solo the Baro defense mission that you can only start up on Inaros with no helminth abilities.  I mean, I wouldn't of course, because no.

DE should gave him ability to create overguard either from Devour or Scarab Armor. Armor had less use in lv 1000. His Sarcophagus so weak and prevent us to use Unairu last gap which is better than sarcophagus

Edited by BroDutt

2 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

DE should gave him ability to create overguard either from Devour or Scarab Armor. Armor had less use in lv 1000. His Sarcophagus so weak and prevent us to use Unairu last gap which is better than sarcophagus

Just had a massive idea. What if we replace one of his abilities that converts health into overguard since we have an ability to heal. We got all that health, why not use it more. Of course the ability would either have to be an instant conversion or small invulnerability window on cast to prevent instant overguard depletion.

Ability idea inspired by garuda's 3rd

2 minutes ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Just had a massive idea. What if we replace one of his abilities that converts health into overguard since we have an ability to heal. We got all that health, why not use it more. Of course the ability would either have to be an instant conversion or small invulnerability window on cast to prevent instant overguard depletion.

Ability idea inspired by garuda's 3rd

Actually a pretty good idea. Really like that.

Also Devour would be really great if it became a huge AOE and took less time. Like an entire area of quick sand that immobilizes enemies for you to eat them up all at the same time

7 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Small advice. If you don't want to accidently make yourself an enemy of the whole community, refrain for EVER speaking for the entire community. That never ends well

Who’s the loser speaking on my behalf who only knows how to load Inaros up with health and armour while wondering why they never use the kit built around survival until they’re getting one-shot by enemies that exceed the reasonable design limits of the game?

1 hour ago, Raarsi said:

I'd wager it'd be an eventuality since now that Hydroid will be good, that just leaves the pointless pharaoh at the bottom tier all by his lonesome.

Also feel like a decent challenge would be trying to solo the Baro defense mission that you can only start up on Inaros with no helminth abilities.  I mean, I wouldn't of course, because no.

Haha DUUUUDE, I did that, because there was no helminth back then. It was ROUGH. I ended up going full AP and winning with sandstorm if you can believe it, max range.

Then I had the super, super dumb idea of farming out the cosmetics from that mission, thank god I had helminth for that but it was still very miserable. That mission needs a serious QoL pass.

• Like 1

I have no idea how to fix Devour, but slapping some overguard generation on Sandstorm (per enemy hit or something) would go a long way towards making Inaros into the tank king again. 

I suggest OG on sandstorm because it’s easy to replace with the Helminth currently, as it’s weak and requires modding in a way that most Inaros don’t do. 

But yeah. Devour is another matter entirely. Single target, slow, immobile, and ineffective. I don’t even understand how it’s still in the game. 

When archon hunts first came out, I was grouped with an Inaros who did most of the damage and revived everyone and we were all very well equipped. People also say Caliban is bad, but again, I’ve seen players dominate who know how to play the frame. I mean I understand since I played with both and sucked, so your mileage may vary.

Il y a 23 heures, m_a_r_c_h_ a dit :

When archon hunts first came out, I was grouped with an Inaros who did most of the damage and revived everyone and we were all very well equipped. People also say Caliban is bad, but again, I’ve seen players dominate who know how to play the frame. I mean I understand since I played with both and sucked, so your mileage may vary.

Damage dealt stat when you press tab is meaningless. Or at least doesn't hold as much statistical information as you'd presume. You can get most damage done by slapping Eclipse on your frame and using Exodia Contagion setups on a zaw built specifically for it, resulting in you doing hundred million damage points to enemies that wouldn't take more than 1/1000 of that.

If you see a Revenant or an Inaros end up with most damage done and most kills done in your squad, chances are they just have good AoE weapons modded specifically to deal good damage to crowds and kill them fast/doing more damage than their enemies' health bars can take.

Caliban is easy to dominate with, you just slap on Nourish instead of his worthless 1, ignore ability efficiency altogether, raise all the other ability stats beyond 200%, get casting speed, extra energy capacity, get augur modset to instantly start regenerating your shields with lethal progeny, abuse fusion strike aoe full strip, abuse zenurik regen boosted by nourish, gg ez clap you have a frame that doesn't die and removes all forms of tanking from enemies in a single button in a large aoe that lingers.

Meanwhile, Inaros is getting some dirt in his eye. That's cool.

In all seriousness, sandman has no business having the worst ability kit in the game when we have two frames with no shields but with complete kits in Nidus and Kullervo. Nidus's full kit just makes sense, it all clicks, it's not completely flawless but it all goes toward get stacks = win. Meanwhile, Kullervo is just consume combo for big melee deeps + let's not die button + spread deeps button + make combo rain from the sky button, it's simple but it works and you clearly understand that his guy wants to go and invade personal space.

So what does Inaros do? Inaros just oogabooga helf big.

He WOULD be a finisher based frame as his passive and 1 would suggest, but he isn't.

His 2 suggests a summoner type of gameplay, if it actually did enough damage to make summons.

His 3 suggests a dps or cc type of gameplay, ends up being neither as the range is bad, the ragdolling is horrible and the damage is that of a toddler trying to throw gravel at your feet, even with the most convoluted setup to make it work.

His 4 has the same issues as all the previous abilities combined, just ending up giving status immunity at the cost of health and an augment slot. It serves so little purpose otherwise that I couldn't identify what it tries to accomplish even after all 3 previous excuses.

He just needs a complete rework to properly fit what he's based on, namely mummies, pharaoh ancient egypt mythology and all of that good stuff. It should all be based around Sand, Curses and Scarabs like it is now, but redesigned to actually have meaning towards gameplay.

I only use Inaros for the Corpus Hijack mission in sorties. He has a useless kit, so standing in the permanent nullifier bubble is inconsequential. Slap on Arcane Grace and/or regen archon shards and AFK while teammates kill everything for you.

Yeah he needs a rework. I really would've loved to have him as a summoner frame by taking advantage of his sand shadows, but creating them in Steel Path is almost impossible given how weak the damage of Devour and Sandstorm is.

• Like 1

Keep brining this up and we will eventually get some changes like Hydroid. Inaros is a relic of the past and he's completely useless at current state. He's basically a gigantic walking health pool and nothing else. With the upcoming hydroid rework, Inaros is going to the only worst frame in the game imo. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The smallest changes to Inaros I can imagine that would make him better are thus.

1. Devour casts faster. A whole lot faster. Like 20 times faster.

2. Devour teleports to blinded enemies.

3. When devour clones die they recover sand for Inaros' 4.

4. The on death passive gets pseudo exalted treatment

• 1 month later...

Honestly I use innodem for that dr it gives from finishers with arcane reaper and arcane ultimatum to give more armor the n run vazarin for guardian shell to eat some damage like old over guard. Plus vazarin has the dash that heals and gives damage invul. But I think his 4 should change from armor to granting overguard for health consumed and could go like 2x or 3x max health. Minimal change for his kit on that end. His 3 isn't bad if they up the speed or add a dash to it like razor gyre and honestly if they increased the true damage on his 2 it'd be insane, your invulnerable to damage the whole time but even with true damage massive health pools take forever