Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LET US DISABLE AUTO MELEE FUNCTION PLEASE

catreal

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Varzin said:

It already IS a toggle.

Pause menu > Options > Accessibility tab > there are separate options for Keyboard and Controller so check what you're using >The option is labeled as "Repeated Button Presses"

This is an old setting that has nothing to do with automelee.  All it does is toggle between needing to tap rapidly or hold down a button in a very few action sequences, like animal taming in Duviri, and struggling in the Ropalyst fight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2023-10-18 at 7:27 PM, wizardeiges said:

Ah, another forced change with no option to opt out just to please the approaching phone users. Expecting a reduction in mob size at some point.
At least highlighting enemies you can opt out of, obviously made for phone users with tiny screen also released together.

Void dash and the backlash they received for it and still receive for it is a great example of another thing changed in the game to cater to phone users while giving everyone else no choice but to accept the oversimplified downgrade. Frustrating.

"The Mobile Gaming Market and it's consequences have been a disaster for the art of games."

With how many FORCED changes are happening? You can bet Warframe is gonna have crossplay with Mobile.
After all, they could have easily just kept these changes in a separate build for a separate audience.
Nobody is willingly playing Warframe on their phone. If you're aware of Warframe in the slightest? You've already made your stance on where and how to play it.

Oh well... who else can't wait to connect to Timmy's barely functioning tablet- old as he is- with 7 screen cracks in it and is running on the very tipsy edge of the router's range?

I swear, it's gonna be the first time I see six-digit ping ranges in a game.
Enough of a connection malfunction to cause the eldritch gases in DE's source to manifest truly terrifying things.

On 2023-10-18 at 7:30 PM, Mazifet said:

just don't hold e. they're not forcing you to use it

I'm not even gonna give you the dignity of a proper mockery to that response.
Shut up and get out.

On 2023-10-18 at 7:30 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I suspect  I'll forget all about it in a day or two, around the same time my muscle memory gets adusted to automelee in general.

As someone who- a few days ago- had a Lunaro match come to a screeching halt (was doing it for dailies since the Seasonal Event is a thing) because of Auto-Melee?

Yeah, no. This thing is AWFUL. Most of my Melees are used with "actually HIT your target" in mind.
Not the usual "flailing around with max attack speed" you see everyone do.

Even with THAT-- I still end up making one too many inputs thanks to Auto-Melee.
I don't even need to click long, just ONCE is usually enough to input two or more attacks.

The bugs are one aspect, but it's just poorly designed all around.
Accessibility is fine. Kneecapping people in the NAME of accessibility is redundant.

On 2023-10-18 at 11:02 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I mean, if they're going to add a toggle to fix a bug, I say they should just go ahead and add a master toggle that deactivates ALL the bugs.  :P

You say that sarcastically, but I've been asking for an "Animation Reset" command in a similar idea to /unstuck for a while now.

To keep it simple? It just force resets whatever you're doing to a standard "standing" animation. As if you just started the mission.
It won't fix everything and it'll need a cooldown to prevent abuse (much like /unstuck)-- but it's better than nothing.

I don't feel like tempting the reaper every damn time the game decides to lock out every single action of mine... all because a Crewman jumped funky 2 rooms away.

On 2023-10-23 at 4:50 AM, taiiat said:

the way Contagion works has always been very weird and frankly annoying anyways.

Classic DE code, really.

A lot of this game boils down to either abusing some unintentional... or avoiding something unintentional.
"DE is consistent at being inconsistent" is the fuel for that statement. Good bug or bad bug, it doesn't matter. It's eldritch in nature and often fickle at best.

On 2023-10-25 at 1:15 PM, Tiltskillet said:

This is an old setting that has nothing to do with automelee.  All it does is toggle between needing to tap rapidly or hold down a button in a very few action sequences, like animal taming in Duviri, and struggling in the Ropalyst fight.

To be fair, Auto-Melee really should've just been lopped into that.
At least THAT'S a toggle.

20 hours ago, Above said:

de pls

Did... did you just a false transparency image of whatever-that-is and use pink text for that?
Yeah, somehow I'm not surprised you also bought into the Heirloom Pack.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Yeah, no. This thing is AWFUL. Most of my Melees are used with "actually HIT your target" in mind.
Not the usual "flailing around with max attack speed" you see everyone do.

Even with THAT-- I still end up making one too many inputs thanks to Auto-Melee.
I don't even need to click long, just ONCE is usually enough to input two or more attacks.

Keyboard or controller issue maybe?  If not that, what weapon and stance? 

I've been using machete, rapier, and claws mostly, and I don't think I've had an issue with that.  Playing with them in the Sim just now  at ~2.8 modded APS...not that I would actually build weapons that fast normally.  Of course actual APS can go much higher with faster base weapons and buffs, but you implied you're not modding that way.

I do have what I'd call a very high quality keyboard, though far from new.  But maybe that's part of it.  Still tapping melee more of the time than not.

edit: 3.84 APS Prisma Obex with either of the stances is not a problem either.  Although it's hilarious to hold the button down.

Edited by Tiltskillet

🐈🐈🐈                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      🐈🐈🐈

been almost 3 months, still no mentions about any issues/game ruining bugs from DE with automelee, classic community treatment from DE 

Edited by eidobruh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

I'm not even gonna give you the dignity of a proper mockery to that response.
Shut up and get out.

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion that died a month ago, very necessary and helpful response that isn't made to just be a troll.

oh wait..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Keyboard or controller issue maybe?

Keyboard+Mouse user on PC here.
I'm quite fond of "precision" when it comes to this game though, mainly to enhance style.

Game is super easy, so looking cool while doing it is more of importance to implement some degree of productivity.

If not that, what weapon and stance?

I vary my Melee weapons a lot. It tends to be with stances that use either long wind-ups (Rending Crane, Tempo Royale, etc.) or very quick attacks (Swirling Tiger, Vulpine Mask, etc.)

Usually the former is known because of an input I make prior. That one is user fault, but I account for it usually by aiming at multiple groups instead.
The latter is STRICTLY due to Auto-Melee. As I'll often make attacks I didn't want, simply because the trigger is too fast for a single click to only count a single input.

These issues go up as Attack Speed increases. Such as Wisp's Motes, Volt's Speed, Valkyr's Warcry, etc.
Contrary to that, I DO use Volt a lot. It's a matter of using it properly.

But maybe that's part of it.  Still tapping melee more of the time than not.

I bound my "Melee" key to "C" and "Mouse4" (back button for browsers), with Heavy Attack being "Mouse5".
This provides me an easy to differ Melee from Guns, but also helps mitigate certain bugs.

To be fair. I'm not sure why people bind their Melee key to their keyboard.
I only did it because the game wouldn't have it any other way, so I just left it at that.

34 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Thank you for your contribution to this discussion that died a month ago, very necessary and helpful response that isn't made to just be a troll.

As far as I'm aware, the thread was active since it was on the recently active threads.

We have enough morons roaming around as is. Do me a favor and hit yourself with a textbook.
Maybe it'll factory-reset you. God knows how many bugs it'll fix, but it'll be enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

I bound my "Melee" key to "C" and "Mouse4" (back button for browsers)

You might check to see if any of these is sticking, perhaps by experimenting with different controls.  Otherwise I've got no ideas other than the stance issue which I mentioned already.  With the Pobex and a  3.5x multiplier from speed I do have to be careful about the length of the tap, but it's manageable.  And that's with 3.84 APS on the weapon before the buff. 

(Although curiously I can't actually tell the difference with Speed on or off in the rhythm of the animations, just a difference in the sensitivity of the melee button.  Would be interesting to do a dps test comparison.  Maybe there is a cap in play.)

12 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Otherwise I've got no ideas other than the stance issue which I mentioned already.

I simply wish to opt out of the system regardless.

It has caused me one too many situations where I get locked out of major portions of the game (or the ENTIRE game) with it.
That alone gives me reason to turn it off immediately.

• Like 2

Just seeing if there is a way to work around the problem right now, other than not using melee.

I'm using the occasion as an excuse to try new playstyles UNTIL they introduce a toggle.
There's no way in hell DE (morally, anyway) won't add a toggle for it given all the bugs and problems it's caused.

So far? Been enjoying use Artemis Bow on Ivara in actual combat, something players don't do often as you'd imagine.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GameGhost123 said:

Where's your rainbow text you use?

It was too powerful for these mortal's feeble and thoughtless brains.
So they had to take it away before I exploded too many heads with my

RAW SHEER ENERGY

.... to put in a fun way anyway.
Also, Light Mode users can suck it anyway. They probably don't even know there's a dark mode option.
By the way, it's at the very, very bottom. It's a little drop-down menu labelled "Theme". Yeah, DE's knack for doing inexplicably stupid things extends even to here.

EDIT: Idea! I'm going to copy the hexadecimal for the light mode background and use that so it forces people to turn on Dark Mode.
Truly ingenious!

Edited by Binket_
Things are proceeding as planned, if you had eyes to read the obvious "EDIT"

• 2 months later...
vor 16 Stunden schrieb 4c5yex4zd63encx5:

AUTO MELEE should be a toggle, an option, then everyone will be happy, and save most us from so many bugs, I won't use it, even with out bug.

It is now in the Menu